Options

Galaxy "Reboot" Feedback

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Sure, BFAW1/BFAW2 + TT1 (plus Conn Officer), in an A2D build, would work too; and is actually more my usual play-style anyway. The Lt. Cmdr Engineer station makes it so you can use 2x EPtS1 and 2x EPtW3, and 2x A2D1, all together. And that's probably what I'll wind up doing. :) Like:

TT1
    BFAW1, BFAW2
    EPtS1, A2D1, EPtW3, RSP3
    EPtS1, A2D1, EPtW3
    TSS1, HE2

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

a2d dragon? That actually looks very good.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Two things to bring the Gal-X up to other dreadnoughts.

1. BOFF layout.

Cmdr: Eng
    LTcmdr: tac
    LT: Sci
    LT: universal
    Eng: Eng

That way the LT universal slot can be used to supplement ANYTHING. But now you have a LTcmdr that can actually take advantage of the tac consoles.

Second Phase Lance. Yes you have a variation if you use it with saucer sep which sounds cool[haven't seen it since i don't have the saucer sep module.] But the static version still is underwhelming. IMHO the lance should be damn near as powerful as the Thalaron pulse. Granted it can't be used to nail more than one target, but IMHO the lance should be able to gut just about any ship it hits, or atleast do MASSIVE damage.

Sorry phase lance just doesn't cut it, neither does the BOFF setup. Tell me I'm wrong about the lance.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes i'm complaining about these changes as they are superficial and do nothing really to bring the X up to par with other cruisers

I just got my revamped X last night, and I believe it helped immensely. I also put runabouts in the hangar. But seriously, when you separate, not only do you have all your weapons in the stardrive section, but the saucer fights with its own weapons as well. Add the two pairs of shuttles, and it is a fierce ship. IMHO I like the X more now.
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @Talonxv:

I agree on the Lance - though I'd already be content with it being on the level of the Guramba, tbh (shorter cooldown and less [acc] issues.

That layout looks excellent, sure, but I still think the Gal-X layout is actually fine, for what it is. It's the Dreadnought for the Feds and as such, imo, can have a slightly different focus than the Scimitar (brute power for a warlike f(r)action) or the KDF one (they actually don't even have a Dreadnought, do they?). The Gal-X is actually fine as a kind of ship that gets fired on first, survives and THEN punches back. A good lance, coupled with the 4 tac consoles on the fleet version actually offer that chance, I think. Fits better with the brute violence as last resort only kind of ideology, and all.
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Massive thread merge. Because there's no need for a dozen threads all saying the same things.

The thread I started was specifically about giving the Galaxy Retrofit some love. It got nothing! It needs the boff layout of the D'D, or something similar.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The thread I started was specifically about giving the Galaxy Retrofit some love. It got nothing! It needs the boff layout of the D'D, or something similar.

And there's the "Galaxy Beef" thread as well. Between these two threads, most of the feedback is more than covered.

So let's not err on the side of commenting about moderation because that doesn't end well.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh for the love of god. Bluegeek why did you have to merge my thread with all the others? I went out of my way to ask precise questions nice and calmly hoping that someone might drop in and give us some rationale behind the Gal-r changes (or lack of). With everything merged in here the devs will NEVER come and answer questions, because they seem to avoid big topics like this... :confused:
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    A Hangar will really help to boost its damage potential (Elite Scorps anyone?).

It DID need Saucer Separation to be able to MOVE enough to justify Dual Heavy Cannons.

The 10th Console not being defined is silly...

As for the Universal Station... yeee-aaah... That makes no sense whatsoever. What this ship needs is not less potential Tactical seating it NEEDS less potential Engineering seating and MORE potential Tactical seating BADLY.

As for it comparing to the Scimitar... :D:D:D LOL!!! ROFL!!! LMFAO!!! Are you kidding? Does ANYTHING compare to the Scimitar? Do not even joke about that.

Will it compare with the Odyssey and Bortasqu' is the real question. The answer to which seems to be that it will likely be less tanky and still less deadly than the Odyssey and more tanky but less deadly than the Bortasqu' but at least it may be faster than the Bortasqu'.

The hangar is silly and the saucer separation does not justify "dual heavy cannons", there is nothing to justify "dual heavy cannons" - that is pure Cryptic.
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So sick of seeing people who think every ship needs a Lt com tact slot...just because the GalX can use DHC doesnt mean it should, and the fact it only has a Lt slot just proves the point further (You gonna choose rapid 1 or volley 1? cause you cant do both) its changes make it a pretty impressive FAW boat...better then a fleet assault cruiser? youll have to ask yourself if FAW 3 is worth more then saucer sep/+ a Hanger+Lance thats going to be a opinion based response. Regardless its a good ship now when done right.

lol, you know what, I agree with you a little.. but... the galaxy "DREADNAUGHT" should at the very least have one..

its not like were talking about an oberth class, or a star cruiser.. no one complains about the star cruisers layout, cause we know there is a need for that kind of balance with builds and options.. but.. the galxy in tng, and the galaxy dreadnaught were represented as flag ship, ships you didn't want to mess with, that did lots of damage. not a ship that said, well, well waite it out, and see if we can take more damage than they can dish out..

further more, the galaxy r and galaxy dread. are outclassed by two vessels that are leaps and bounds older. (the excelsior, and the ambassador).

to be honest, the ambassador should have the galaxies boff layout, and the galaxy should have the excelsiors..
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for posting. The sound as you can hear is hissy but ok. Why don't you set it up on Phasers?

Also I'm not sure that 11 BnPs means you got first place in ISE, we've had people get that who were definitely not doing the most damage, afaik it's random.

Good vid anyway.
    I am currently working on getting a fleet phaser set up, especially with the revamp. All my resources were devoted to completing my PvP antiproton set up which i just did, so i've started gettting the fleet phaser consoles :D