test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galaxy "Reboot" Feedback

supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
So looking at the Dev blog the Galaxy-x is going to get the following

Galaxy Dreadnought Improvements – We have updated the Galaxy Dreadnought stats to bring it in line with other Dreadnoughts.

New BOff seating – The Galaxy Dreadnought’s Ensign Tactical BOff seat will become an Ensign Universal BOff seat.

Hangar Bay – The Galaxy Dreadnought will now have one Hangar Bay Slot, equipped by default with Type 8 Shuttles. It can equip any standard Federation hanger pet.

Saucer Separation – The Galaxy Dreadnought will finally support Saucer Separation. The Galaxy Dreadnought does not come with the Saucer Separation Console, but if you own one, you can now use it on the Dreadnought. The separated Saucer pet of a Galaxy Dreadnought has a more tactical flavor than the standard Galaxy Saucer pet. It is equipped with Dual Phaser Cannons, and a mini-Phaser Lance.

Phaser Lance Wide Beam – When the Saucer is separated, the Galaxy Dreadnought’s Phaser Lance standard beam becomes a Wide Beam attack (like a sawed-off shotgun). Damage is only slightly reduced, but the affect area is much larger.

All existing Galaxy Dreadnoughts will be automatically fixed-up; however, you will not be automatically granted a Type 8 shuttle pet. You can either purchase one in the Hangar Pet store for Energy Credits, or dismiss your Dreadnought and reclaim a new one which will be fully outfitted with a Type 8 shuttle.

Now we can't please everyone with these changes but please i've checked the calender more than twice and it still says we are in feb not April

How is changing a tact ens to uni a benefit a ship that is over heavy with engineering but light on tact when it is a tact version of the Galaxy ?

Did the ship really need a hanger ?

Did the ship really need saucer separation ?

The 10th Console slot has not been defined

Does the ship really compare to the only other Dreadnought in the game the Scimitar with these changes or come even close with these changes. Hell does she even compare to the D'kora, Tor'Khat and Excelsior.

Sorry but this is a lazy attempt by Cryptic to update a ship that has fallen behind the power creep and still falls behind.

Yes i'm complaining about these changes as they are superficial and do nothing really to bring the X up to par with other cruisers
Post edited by supergirl1611 on

Comments

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This is something that bugs me. They know, but aren't willing to tell us.

The other thing is the Ens Uni boff seat. In a Dreadnought, what science abilities (at Ens rank especially) are you going to need, when you only have a Lt Tac otherwise?

Other than these points, kudos to the Cryptic dev team. Thanks for listening to us. :)

Oh and one thing... Revamp the look of the ship too?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm still holding out that the fleet gal-x will have the odyssey layout.

One can hope.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Meh. I don't really care about the Galaxy.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Listened but not done a good job of it. I think most of us didn't want saucer sep on the x or a hanger, and the boff seating changes, if that is final is a good dam joke.

Whats the bet the 10th console slot is Eng or Sci ?

Its nice the ship is being revamped but really all you're doing with that boff setup is allowing access to either a ens sci or eng power. the ship still has no access to attack beta or torp spread 3

Sorry but i think its a poor effort by Cryptic on this
  • Options
    captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    remember, that since this ship was already released, any changes to consoles (what was really needed to this ship) would TRIBBLE up the existing builds. at this point, cryptic was damned if they did, damned if they didnt. you may not agree with their decision not to completely redo the whole thing, but thats their business. hopefully the fleet variant gives the tactical edge this ship needs.

the hanger was a good choice. while it seems silly for them to slap hangers on everything, this time it made sense. as most of the other dreadnoughts have a hanger of some sort, AND the fact that a hanger will help with that sorely lacking damage, it was a good choice.

besides. all those console tweaks look really nice. maybe the multivector will get it's fix soon. as it stands, i think we may be the only ship now that still completely STOPS when it separates. :/
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    remember, that since this ship was already released, any changes to consoles (what was really needed to this ship) would TRIBBLE up the existing builds. at this point, cryptic was damned if they did, damned if they didnt. you may not agree with their decision not to completely redo the whole thing, but thats their business. hopefully the fleet variant gives the tactical edge this ship needs.

the hanger was a good choice. while it seems silly for them to slap hangers on everything, this time it made sense. as most of the other dreadnoughts have a hanger of some sort, AND the fact that a hanger will help with that sorely lacking damage, it was a good choice.

besides. all those console tweaks look really nice. maybe the multivector will get it's fix soon. as it stands, i think we may be the only ship now that still completely STOPS when it separates. :/

There use to be talk of being able to refit ship layouts, like say you liked the VA assault cruiser layout better or the mirror one, you could use there layout instead with the fleet stats and extra consoles...

But that has yet to happen, I hope when they do this they add a different build for Gal-x and Gal-r

Maybe with mirror versions with stronger Tactical capabilities, Cmdr Tac mirror Gal-x make it happen :D
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm glad to hear they are finally releasing a fleet version of the dreadnought. It's been long overdue.

First I'll tackle the update to the bridge officer layout. They decided to change the Ensign Tactical into an Ensign Universal. To me this change makes very little difference. That seat will continue to be used as a Tactical seat for the vast majority of people. This bridge officer layout is very weak compared to the other dreadnoughts in the game. Even with this change. So I'm not sure why they are claiming this update will bring it in line with the other Dreadnoughts. It's still not even close. This change would have made a world of difference on the Galaxy Retrofit. The ship would be much more user friendly if they had changed that useless Ensign Engineering into a Universal.

Lance update. So when you use Saucer Seperation you get a shot gun type lance attack with a wide beam and less damage. The only thing I can say about that is that I hope it hits more then the standard lance. Speaking of which they have not said they updated the accuracy of the standard lance attack which misses quite often.

Saucer Seperation. I see this mostly as a gimmick. The MVAM, the Odyssey Chevron and the Galaxy Saucer all suffer from terrible AI and usually die in Warp/Singularity Core explosions. The only reason to use this is to make the ship more maneuverable.

Anti-Matter Spread/Saucer Bonus. I don't know how the general community feels, but most of these consoles aren't that useful. I'd much rather equip universal consoles that add to crt and base power levels then some one trick pony console that I can only use once every 3 minutes. The bonus of +20 hull/+20 armor and +1 turn isn't terrible, but aren't worth the sacrifice of the console spots.

Hangar Bay. This seems to be cryptics generic go to. Lets add a hangar to it and call it a day. I suppose this change is the one they are talking about when they say they are bringing it in line with other dreadnoughts. Since the others all have hangars. I welcome the fighters, but it doesn't feel very Galaxy like to me.

I just hope they give the fleet version an extra tactical console and not a useless engineering one. I have my doubts though since they seem to wanna keep this ship very engineering heavy.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How is changing a tact ens to uni a benefit a ship that is over heavy with engineering but light on tact when it is a tact version of the Galaxy ?

Does the ship really compare to the only other Dreadnought in the game the Scimitar with these changes or come even close with these changes. Hell does she even compare to the D'kora, Tor'Khat and Excelsior.

Sorry but this is a lazy attempt by Cryptic to update a ship that has fallen behind the power creep and still falls behind.

Yes i'm complaining about these changes as they are superficial and do nothing really to bring the X up to par with other cruisers

A Hangar will really help to boost its damage potential (Elite Scorps anyone?).

It DID need Saucer Separation to be able to MOVE enough to justify Dual Heavy Cannons.

The 10th Console not being defined is silly...

As for the Universal Station... yeee-aaah... That makes no sense whatsoever. What this ship needs is not less potential Tactical seating it NEEDS less potential Engineering seating and MORE potential Tactical seating BADLY.

As for it comparing to the Scimitar... :D:D:D LOL!!! ROFL!!! LMFAO!!! Are you kidding? Does ANYTHING compare to the Scimitar? Do not even joke about that.

Will it compare with the Odyssey and Bortasqu' is the real question. The answer to which seems to be that it will likely be less tanky and still less deadly than the Odyssey and more tanky but less deadly than the Bortasqu' but at least it may be faster than the Bortasqu'.
  • Options
    dracondarknightdracondarknight Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love most of the changes, the one I really hate though is the Ensign universal.

I would have been happier with something more along thse lines

LtCmdr tac
    Lt Eng
    COm Eng
    Lt Sci

Makes much more sense for a Dread, and is more along the lines with the others too.

Alternatively they could have also introduced the new technology they gave the Sci Destroyer allowing them to change the rank of boff seats depending on the mode the ship is in.

Lance:
    I welcome that this has finally been done

Set bonus:
    AntiMatter spread is, as people said, not really that good. The bonus isn't bad personally I would have been a lot happier if there were two set variants -

Saucer Sep + Anti Matter --> What they did

Saucer Sep + Cloaking Device -->
    What they did in a lower amount, but with added acc for the lance.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I think this should be merged with "What is your beef with the Galaxy, Cryptic?"
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Ens to uni? yes it is pointless, really needs the lt. com to be tactical. Hmm, ens universal for Gal-R and X + lt com uni on the Gal-X? May be a bit over the top, but no need to worry about breaking reverse compatibility that way.

hanger? Need might be a bit strong, but pets will be welcome, fighters for dps or runabouts for tractors so you can get the lance and/or cannons on target

Seperation? If a DHC build ever becomes viable, yes
  • Options
    neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    no it must not, let make different thread for feedback so that they see that OTHERS people than the one in the what is your beef with the galaxy tell them to remove that nonsense universal tac and give it a lt commander tact,
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I shall break down the annoucement (posted here and announced as posted here):

(1) CaptainSmirk has some "interesting ideas" about STO's place in the history of MMOs. (EDIT: anyone who reads the record can tell Rivera's name is at the bottom - that's part of the joke of this specific point and if you cannot see it that's your problem, nobody is obligated to make you laugh)

(2) "Note: The Turn Rate set bonus on the Odyssey and Bortasqu’ was increased from 0.5 to 1." though it's not clear just yet why this is in the announcement at all.

(3) The Dreadnought, the Exploration Retrofit, and the Exploration Refit are going to be in a bundle, which also comes with a Galaxy Bridge (though Smirk failed to clarify if this is unique or the bridge pack); Own any of these craft and you're out of luck, which makes the bridge a potentially volatile situation.

(4) Saucer Separation was replaced [with the Odyssey's verion] AND will be available for use on the Dreadnought.

(5) Saucer Separation + Antimatter Spread == 2-piece set bonus like the Romulans get.

AND THE BIG FINALE:

(6) The current Fed Gal Dreadnought was "[brought in line with other dreadnoughts]" by:

(6)(a) adding a hangar; +++

(6)(b) changing the actually useful tactical-ensign into a universal-ensign (allowing for you to use the ship in the current Assault Cruiser mode, or Star Cruiser mode, or "Slit your wrists you have 3 ensigns" mode); ---

and *drumroll*

(6)(c) locking the actual ship being promised per the claim behind a Tier-4 fleet-store paywall. Yeah that's right - Spaceball One went plaid.

and

(7) The Dreadnought's lance now has "wide beam" while "separated" - which means they may have left that god awful weapon as a toggle ability instead of "Dysoning" it up with a permanent, ACTUAL, weapon.

Questions, comments, rabid support for bad business decisions, please enjoy the posts.
  • Options
    dracondarknightdracondarknight Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just saw it on one of the screenshots.
    The 3rd Narcelle's 'warp trail ' is still missaligned for the Venture variant oO
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    (1) CaptainSmirk has some "interesting ideas" about STO's place in the history of MMOs. Has nothing to do with this announcement!

(3) The Dreadnought, the Exploration Retrofit, and the Exploration Refit are going to be in a bundle, which also comes with a Galaxy Bridge (though Smirk failed to clarify if this is unique or the bridge pack); Own any of these craft and you're out of luck, which makes the bridge a potentially volatile situation.
    "If you purchase the Galaxy Bundle, you can claim the Galaxy Bridge for Free in the C-Store." That means the Galaxy Bridge pack will be free.

(4) Saucer Separation was [replaced with the Odyssey's verion] AND will be available for use on the Dreadnought. Saucer Seperation is unchanged, but is now available for the Gal-X. It uses the technology used for the Ody seperation so it retains your unique skins and what-not of your ship.
    Fixed for you
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    well i always said that both the Galaxy Retrofit and the Galaxy-X always needed a Universal BOff Station, so far what i read only the Galaxy-X has it so far... even though the Galaxy Retro needs it more.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The version of the X we currently know anything about is the RA-level version. Of course that is not going to be on-par with other Dreadnoughts, but that has nothing to do with the Fleet X information that is coming next week.

So let's put this into perspective. Our existing RA Galaxy X gets:

A Boff Station made Universal
    A Hanger
    The ability to use a Saucer Separation Console
    Set Bonus for using AMS and SS Consoles

And all of that is free.

All of that makes the existing RA-level ship better. No, it does not make it a Fleet-quality ship; but that is why a Fleet version will also be available.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Fixed for you

2 out of 3 fixes being wrong isn't bad.

That the first one is also wrong but for other reasons doesn't help.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Actually, although not perfect, most of the improvements are good. I think that Arc helped introduce that.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Actually, although not perfect, most of the improvements are good. I think that Arc helped introduce that.

Oh. Mah. Gawd.

Not sure if trolling, or seriously that sycophantic.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Okay, can I ask all of you something?

Why do you guys need a LtC Tac BOFF slot? That's what I don't understand? I've flown the Mirror Heavy which is a Lt. and and Ensign Tac BOFF I actually do pretty well. All I need is Torpedo Spread and either Beam Overcharge or the Cannon Scatter Volley. Yes, it feels off not having Attack Pattern Beta and the like, but I can work around it.

Just what makes the LtC BOFF slot so valuable that makes you guys rage and cry that "It's not a competing ship"? Is it because of that one extra slot that you can milk out a few extra DPS? Is that it? Yes, it's helpful, but I've learned that if you rely too much on one thing, it makes everything else look weak.

Maybe instead of complaining that the Galaxy-X isn't the "I Win" button you're looking for and give up on it, you figure out a way to MAKE it your "I Win" button. A ship is only as good as its crew and if you give up on it because of one minor thing, then...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Few points:

(1) Captain Smirk didn't write the blog, Captain Geko did.

(6)(a) Addning a hangar ---

(6)(c) My Fleet Galaxy-R also came from a Tier IV Fleet Shipyard, once my fleet completed it. Why should the Galaxy-X, basically a different Galaxy variant, be any different?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    stargypsy38stargypsy38 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really an't believe they have dropped the ball so badly on what should have been the best news we have heard in years. Ohhhh change the tac ens slot to a universal ens slot??? WTF?? How utterly pointless! Ohhh give me saucer sep on my dread.... well, that'd be cool if they actually GAVE ME THE DAMNED CONSOLE TO DO IT! WTF people?!?!? give it the ability, but not a way to use it??? I'm sure as hell not going to go spend $25 on ANOTHER ship that I don't want/need, so I can have a console that by all powers of common sence, should have come with it in the 1st damned place! How stupid.. a completely transparent attempt to grab at our wallets.:mad:
    The biggest issue though, for me, has to be the fact that nothing was mentioned about the spinal lance being made useful again. Sure, we get a "shot gun" effect when the saucer is seperated... but, hey, not like THAT does me any good (read above). So, without an update to that, the rest of their plans are a complete joke. As it is, the damned lance will miss a full sized ship 0.34 K away, dead ahead. So, that basicly means that for some reason, the damned thing only shoots at 90 degree angles?? :confused::confused:

This whole dread thing has been a major issue for me. I bought the damned thing thinking yeah... I love this... then literally less then a week after buying it, they nerfed it, and made it useless. I asked for a refund on it, ya know, since they did a bait and switch, where what I ended up with, was not what had been advertised. Of course, I never even got a reply on that issue.
    Time to pull your collective heads outta your backsides. Care about the customers, or loose them.

Oh and btw, ARC sucks bad. Laggy POS.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad they did something, wish they'd made some larger adjustments. Doing the LtCmdr+Ens Tac would just make it the third ship with that layout though, and not really add anything to the game. If instead they'd set the Eng Lt as the uni that would add something. Alternately, I just have this Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Tac, LtCmdr Sci, Lt Eng layout in my head, proably a 4/3/3 console layout, which would let it do the GW+Spread3 we see the NPC Gal-X's do, give it the flexibility the Galaxy was famous for, and not be a copy of other ships. In trade, it can only run 4 boff space traits (and only 1 SupOp Romulan Tac), and limited to 3 tac consoles because its still a Galaxy under all the extra stuff. It'd improve an icon and add something unique to the game, and I'll take more variety over yet another DPS boat any day.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The version of the X we currently know anything about is the RA-level version. Of course that is not going to be on-par with other Dreadnoughts, but that has nothing to do with the Fleet X information that is coming next week.

So let's put this into perspective. Our existing RA Galaxy X gets:

A Boff Station made Universal
    A Hanger
    The ability to use a Saucer Separation Console
    Set Bonus for using AMS and SS Consoles

And all of that is free.

All of that makes the existing RA-level ship better. No, it does not make it a Fleet-quality ship; but that is why a Fleet version will also be available.

It's a Vice Admiral ship with a Rear Admiral's configuration, not a Rear Admiral's ship.

And if they had been talking about a fleet-variant being the ship that would be on par with the other dreadnoughts why would they state "We have updated the Galaxy Dreadnought stats to bring it in line with other Dreadnoughts." and completely separate all references to the fleet-store version?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh. Mah. Gawd.

Not sure if trolling, or seriously that sycophantic.

They may be... "crazy."
    shpoks wrote: »
    Few points:

(1) Captain Smirk didn't write the blog, Captain Geko did.

(6)(a) Addning a hangar ---

(6)(c) My Fleet Galaxy-R also came from a Tier IV Fleet Shipyard, once my fleet completed it. Why should the Galaxy-X, basically a different Galaxy variant, be any different?

(6)(a) isn't a +++ as in "good" it's a +++ as in "this is like the other dreadnoughts."
    (6)(c) The part about the Fleet-variant being the ship they were claiming is going to replace the current store variant went right over your head.

and If Geko wrote it why is Smirk the author?
    Season 8 Dev Blog #54
    By CaptainSmirk Thu 27 Feb 2014 12:00:00 PM PST

I really an't believe they have dropped the ball so badly on what should have been the best news we have heard in years. Ohhhh change the tac ens slot to a universal ens slot??? WTF?? How utterly pointless! Ohhh give me saucer sep on my dread.... well, that'd be cool if they actually GAVE ME THE DAMNED CONSOLE TO DO IT! WTF people?!?!? give it the ability, but not a way to use it??? I'm sure as hell not going to go spend $25 on ANOTHER ship that I don't want/need, so I can have a console that by all powers of common sence, should have come with it in the 1st damned place! How stupid.. a completely transparent attempt to grab at our wallets.:mad:
    The biggest issue though, for me, has to be the fact that nothing was mentioned about the spinal lance being made useful again. Sure, we get a "shot gun" effect when the saucer is seperated... but, hey, not like THAT does me any good (read above). So, without an update to that, the rest of their plans are a complete joke. As it is, the damned lance will miss a full sized ship 0.34 K away, dead ahead. So, that basicly means that for some reason, the damned thing only shoots at 90 degree angles?? :confused::confused:

This whole dread thing has been a major issue for me. I bought the damned thing thinking yeah... I love this... then literally less then a week after buying it, they nerfed it, and made it useless. I asked for a refund on it, ya know, since they did a bait and switch, where what I ended up with, was not what had been advertised. Of course, I never even got a reply on that issue.
    Time to pull your collective heads outta your backsides. Care about the customers, or loose them.

Oh and btw, ARC sucks bad. Laggy POS.

So you don't find the annoucement's pending terms desirable?
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I have to disagree with this part. Each C-Store ship has come with only 1 special console since forever. The special console on the Galaxy-X is the 'Cloaking Device'. It has synergy with the special console from the Galaxy-R which is the 'Saucer Separation', so the Galaxy-X can use it if you have the Galaxy-R as a type of a bonus for owning both. Not many Tier 5 C-Store ships can share consoles.
    It's also not the first example of this being done. The Avenger also came with it's own special 'V.A.T.A.' console, but has synergy for cloaking so it can use the 'Cloaking Device' from the Galaxy-X. It doesn't come with the 'Cloaking Device' by itself, but can use it as a bonus for owning those 2 ships (or Defiant Retro for what it's worth).
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yup saucer seperation was needed as was a hanger bay... And it's still behind the scimitar.

The fleet version will need some impressive boff seating to make it a competitive ship.

Why do you guys need a LtC Tac BOFF slot? That's what I don't understand?
    I've flown the Mirror Heavy which is a Lt. and and Ensign Tac BOFF I actually do pretty well. All I need is Torpedo Spread and either Beam Overcharge or the Cannon Scatter Volley. Yes, it feels off not having Attack Pattern Beta and the like, but I can work around it.

Just what makes the LtC BOFF slot so valuable that makes you guys rage and cry that "It's not a competing ship"? Is it because of that one extra slot that you can milk out a few extra DPS? Is that it? Yes, it's helpful, but I've learned that if you rely too much on one thing, it makes everything else look weak.

No, you can milk out A LOT more DPS. APB is a a rather huge debuff and APB2 can almost double your damage.

Plus APO only becomes available at Lt Cmdr and that ability is a huge lifesaver in PvP.

You can work around it of course, but that'll just mean it'll do much less damage then all the other tactical ships. Being a dreadnought that doesn't make much sense.
    Maybe instead of complaining that the Galaxy-X isn't the "I Win" button you're looking for and give up on it, you figure out a way to MAKE it your "I Win" button. A ship is only as good as its crew and if you give up on it because of one minor thing, then...

Oh, I can do some pretty impressive damage in it as can quite a few others. We just can do so much more in other cruisers with far less effort.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I have to disagree with this part. Each C-Store ship has come with only 1 special console since forever. The special console on the Galaxy-X is the 'Cloaking Device'. It has synergy with the special console from the Galaxy-R which is the 'Saucer Separation', so the Galaxy-X can use it if you have the Galaxy-R as a type of a bonus for owning both. Not many Tier 5 C-Store ships can share consoles.
    It's also not the first example of this being done. The Avenger also came with it's own special 'V.A.T.A.' console, but has synergy for cloaking so it can use the 'Cloaking Device' from the Galaxy-X. It doesn't come with the 'Cloaking Device' by itself, but can use it as a bonus for owning those 2 ships (or Defiant Retro for what it's worth).

The dreadnought didn't start with console items. The phaser lance and cloak were built into the ship at the cost of a rear weapon slot and a console slot. The community didn't agree with a cruiser losing slots that way, Cryptic adjusted the layout, and then sometime between then and now (I believe it was when the Tac. Escort Retrofit came out with its cloak console) we ended up with cloak-consoles.

The Avenger is kinda weird though, it has "synergy" but the synergy only means "can use" - you don't even need the V.A.T.A. for the cloak.
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Why do you guys need a LtC Tac BOFF slot? That's what I don't understand? I've flown the Mirror Heavy which is a Lt. and and Ensign Tac BOFF I actually do pretty well. All I need is Torpedo Spread and either Beam Overcharge or the Cannon Scatter Volley. Yes, it feels off not having Attack Pattern Beta and the like, but I can work around it.

I think why alot of ppl want a LtC Tac BOff station on the Galaxy Dreadnaught is because they want 2 use Attack Pattern Omega which is very valueble in PvP which increases Damage, Turn Rate, Defense Increase, Short Term Speed Burst and most importantly to break holding abilities such as Tractor Beams, Gravity Wells, etc.