test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sick of these dc's and lag **please read post #135**

Comments

• aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    depc101 wrote: »
    Disconnects all the time rubber banding, server not responding.
    Just tried to do crystalline which was really hard with rubber banding and server not responding got disconnect now im on 2 hour afk ban. :mad:
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Freaking familiar even? :cool:

What could be more familiar than someone who says they tried something that requires a decent connection after realizing they don't have one, then blames STO for...what, not reminding them how bad their connection is?
  • depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On earth space dock all is ok,
    jump in to crystal not playable,
    Back to space dock all ok,
    Jump in to pvp being that I cant do any pve for 2 hours all ok,

Last night doing ground voth all fine,
    Change to another instance not playable,
    Change to another instance all fine.

Its like some severs that have some instances are broken.
    vqpJOX.gif
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If that's the case, then it's not an issue with the servers.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A simple nugget of information.

The more people in an instance, the more load on YOUR cpu and graphics card. Change instance, or turn down your settings to reduce load. Job done.

Strange really, if I start having problems with STO, I run a speed test and ping test, sometimes a traceroute. 99 times out of 100 one of these reveals a problem with my connection. The 100th time the forum is filled with 100st of posts from people unable to play. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2013
    Im not the only 1 there are multiple ppl in my fleet having the same thing.
    vqpJOX.gif
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are multiple people with dodgy connections, or on the same ROUTE to the server, or with the same hardware that isn't quite compatable with STO.....

STO is a PC game, they don't have the luxury of identical hardware and software combinations that console devs have.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've actually been seeing this too. Most of the time its fine, then a random instance will be laggy to the point where its almost unplayable. switch instance or go to a different zone and its fine straight away. I played an STF and it was horrible. played another one after and it ran as smooth as normal. played the winter wonderland a hundred times and its fine, then one instance is really bad.

this is not a wide scale problem or everyone would have noticed it by now, and ive only seen it a few times out of many hours of play but it is possible that some people can get problems and not others with the way there system is set up. its happened before.

im inclined to think this is more on cryptic's end as usually if its the players end the problem is more consistently there than random instances every now and then.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pro Tip: If your "fix the servers" thread is the only one on Page 1, it's probably not the servers.
    Nothing pro about that. That's an amateur tip.

The server is randomly dropping connections today.
  • englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Likewise i have also had the same rubber banding and lag issues as others in this thread, this has happened to me during the fleet 20 player mission.

this has happened twice out of the ten or more times i have run that mission during the course of the past few days (since the patch on Thursday), i will say now a trace-route and nettest showed no oddity.

i would also like to point out that this issue is looking more like an internal connection issue of cryptics or an over capacity server? as it would either happen not at all my end or all the time, yes some of you can argue that different times of day effect connection speeds yada yada yada and i would generally agree with you but in this case i have pinged the patch server when it has happened and all ping's have been below 100.

It is definitely not graphics lag as that would happen all the time with this game ;)

the next time this happens i will certainly run multiple tracert's etc, speed test and so on just so everyone knows its not my end.

Also this game has been running fine for weeks/months for me, and in all honesty nothing has changed on my pc in just as long, same programs etc etc so its not any changed locally that could effect this.
    Short of doing a clean install of STO and seeing how that goes i think i will just suffer and endure any penalty's imposed by an underwhelming penalty system that does not take into account for connection issue theirs/our ends
    edited December 2013
    k, update spent my time on ground voth instance 19, 28, 16, 22, 23 were fine but 23, 3, and 27 not playable.
    Then a borg stf all fine.
    And back to crystalline and not playable, alt f4 logged.
    Launcher did nothing just sat there.
    Try agine not problem this time stuck me back in the crystal I alt f4ed out of and it was no longer lagging.
    vqpJOX.gif
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Like the title says, what is up with the server today? Ive had drops to server not responding to massive lag and stoppage in game. Is anyone around during the weekend watching the server or not?
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, seriously... constant lag today. What the hell is going on... we barely got through our STF when it hit... cannot play the game like this...
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
    edited December 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Yeah, seriously... constant lag today. What the hell is going on... we barely got through our STF when it hit... cannot play the game like this...

I know what you mean, i have beamed into space as my avatar, can move when attempting to move. The STFs is beyond being able to play because of the problems. Ive never seen it like this.
    edited December 2013
    Ive had the same problem and it has only been or gotten worse in the last 2-3hrs, ive been in STFs and getting Server Not Responding, or complete disconnect and i thought perhaps it was my connection however check it and it wasn't. This is just odd, hey Cryptic anyone paying attention to the server on the weekends?
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have never really had connection issues unless there was something big and obvious going wrong with the servers. That said: I am also seeing pretty solid lag. Not all the time or in all places but every now and then. Most of the time it clears up (without me having to switch instances or anything) but it still hits now and then. This does not appear to be on my end and it is a recent development. Not sure if it is just a lot more traffic because of it being the holidays or what.
    edited December 2013
    Nope, you are not the only one too many and Cryptic is doing nothing about it.
  • dawsonmichaeldawsonmichael Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have not had reliable gameplay since last patch. I do notice that depending on the patch the gameplay will improve and I'll have no or very little problems or like the last one and I get lots of problems either loading or with bad lag "server not responding". I wasn't having problems this week until after the patch but now after the patch the gameplay had been bad lots of rubberbanding, no server response or the game won't launch or load.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Both STO and NW are basically unplayable at this time. Severe rubber-banding and lagging along with 30-45 second stretches of SNR.

Been like this since this morning. I understand people over in Europe are experiencing the same issue, and I have some friends in Delaware with similar issues.

Either something is wrong at Cryptic or once again the pipe that Cryptic relies on to distribute is having issues.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been on all day, and have not had any problems.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    WTH is going on. Is verizon throttling us again or is the issue with Cryptic?
  • dawsonmichaeldawsonmichael Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Count me in. The game has been unplayable today. Can't log into the game or I get disconnected and when it loads I can't do anything because of "Server not Responding"
    edited December 2013
    It appears to be fairly widespread as friends around the country are reporting ultra-lag... I just dropped and can't get back in "unable to contact" the loader says.

I'm thinking it's Cryptic-side this time as I can't play NW either, yet I can log into any number of other online games (WoW, Secret World) and play without issue.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Use "/netgraph 1" to watch your network connection to the server. When server gets hopping I start seeing lag spikes just standing at the bank. Going into CCE or another busy map with lots of messages will cause disconnects and timeouts.
  • vorlonangelvorlonangel Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This server issue is beginning to look very familiar. Are those of us having problems using verizon FIOS only ?? If so, this is the exact thing that happened a few months ago over the summer.
  • bear12345678bear12345678 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am having same problem it crazing me crazy
  • brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    I got frustrated and logged out.
  • imthe13thdoctorimthe13thdoctor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've done 4 traces and 3 pings and it all times out, regardless of program used, at an att.net address. 12.123.16.78

Everything is fine til there and then it hits a wall.

I was on earlier in the day and had no issues, though I did see others complaining in chat. I took a break, had dinner and came back and now I can't complete STF's because I get hit with 2-3 minute "Server Not Responding" before "Connection Lost".

Do some traces, post your results.
    edited December 2013
    This server issue is beginning to look very familiar. Are those of us having problems using verizon FIOS only ?? If so, this is the exact thing that happened a few months ago over the summer.

Verizon DSL.
    edited December 2013
    Alright...... completely rebooted my system and then did a DNS flush. Result? fast login and ran 4 Mirror Universe STFs back to back with not a single hiccup.

So:

My advice is to

reboot

bring up your CMD prompt

type /ipconfig /flushdns

once it says its done (should be almost instantly) try to login and play

/Cheers
    edited December 2013
    Alright...... I was on hours ago and took a break and came back to freeze frame. I did several traces and pings and came up with a wall at an att.net address.

So I completely rebooted my system and then did a DNS flush. Result? fast login and ran 4 Mirror Universe STFs back to back with not a single hiccup.

So:

My advice is to

reboot

bring up your CMD prompt

type /ipconfig /flushdns

once it says its done (should be almost instantly) try to login and play

/Cheers