What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,160 Arc User
    (Yeah, I would agree with you there. )
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (space natzis...we should have space natzis - alex really, REALLY hates natzis above any other group; he makes blazkowitz's hatred look like a schoolyard spat)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (Interesting... not sure how to incorporate them though. Nick hates 'em too, so they share that hatred.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    (alternate reality where the natzis won WW2 and eventually made it into space? think starcraft, but with space natzis instead of space confederates

hell, we could even use elements of the veil and black sun dimension from the 2009 wolfenstein for a techbase or even a possible FTL method)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (maybe the reapers should be dealt with first? )
  • Options
    (hey, nothing says space natzis couldn't help with reapers in a sort of 'the enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy' situation - they aren't aryan, after all)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Or we just merc the damn space racists with our superior tech. I'd rather see them and the space-Bismark go down like the hindenburg cause of an overly excessive amount of phaser fire)
  • Options
    (what makes you think they would? they may have tech on par with or even superior to anything the federation possess, even with recent advancements)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited August 2019
    (No thank you. I would really rather not deal with that. the stuff with the reapers is going to be hard enough. If the space racists show up, i would rather go by Werner Klemperer's condition for doing hogan's heroes. you know, in this case, those damn space racists being portrayed as fools who never succeed.)
  • Options
    (but that's very much what would likely happen when you blend german engineering with veil technology - you'd get something on the order of what was written up in this story for Das Grossdeutche Reich faction: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9232439/1/Grimdark

and throw in swarms of rockets and missiles just because)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Don't think I'm gonna read that. I'd rather see them get merc'd by starfleet if they show up at all. I don't wanna see space Rudol von Stroheim claiming that "German science is the best in the galaxy" or anything like that. )
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    (that's the whole point! they aren't natzis if they aren't making BS claims like that!

though...a lot of those claims probably wouldn't be so BS now - natzis would likely be a HEAVY user of genetic engineering so they really COULD create ubermensch; doesn't mean they couldn't still be beaten, as humanity proved with khan

also...it's a one-shot story - it will probably take 20 minutes to read at most; 5 if you only read the faction write-up at the bottom)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (And there's the thing. I would rather those claims be BS. I would rather see them as incompetent fools. I don't want them to be an actual threat on the level of another Dominion war.)
  • Options
    (i don't do incompetent fools - i had quite enough of that when worffan was around)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Well dunno what to say then. maybe it should be discussed later. maybe we should think of another side plot that is more doable in the immediate future.)
  • Options
    (we could hop over to the sirius sector, hook up with edison trent, fight nomads and help unify the houses)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Maybe something that doesn't pull us too far from the "main" storyline.)
  • Options
    (then we don't have anything)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Time travel to a place that isn't the prehistoric age?)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    (and do what - sightsee? we can't alter things, we can't rewrite possibly incorrect history by observing events or cultures firsthand, we can't buy up things that are cheap as dirt then but will be worth massive amounts of money later on, like first issue comics...we can't do jack TRIBBLE!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Make it about wizards or something? Idk. If I'm not wrong, You said they got wiped out during WWIII so anything "changed" wouldn't matter much in the long run. Unless you take them forward through time, but even then. It could just be considered someone who isn't Daniels, pulling a Daniels. Just gotta be creative with it.)
  • Options
    (the only person alex would even want to pull forward would be his father)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Not sure if i should be worried by that if it happens. Still, there is an idea. since its kinda a secret society it doesn't effect much, hell I would even help you plan stuff if you were to go that route. off topic question, have you tried that pokemon go esq, harry potter game?)
  • Options
    (no, because those games require large amounts of movement, and i'm not an outdoors person)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Fair enough. its an alright game for what it is. Just wish there was more avatar customization like pokemon go has..... aaaanyways does this idea sound agreeable to you? )
  • Options
    (meh...he's already salvaged everything of consequence from that era - there isn't much left he could bring forward)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Was just an idea. Not really much else to do. You know? Can always make up a threat too. Idk. Its something.)
  • Options
    (i already made up a threat - TWO threats, in fact - and you rejected it)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I meant in the past to go to that era. But than again it would be futile to because WWIII happens.... that in itself could be the theat. Someone trying to stop the annihilation? I'm thinking man. Of anything other than germans)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    (armageddon can't be stopped

and germans would be best done by seven anyway, and with him in absentia...so how about space soviets instead? more rockets, iron curtain shields, war bears, power armored psychopaths spraying toxic goop from petrol nozzles...MAN-CANNONS!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo