What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: The Voth's Bio-Engineered Dinos

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Klingons don't need T Rex with lasers that's just dumb, they fight with Swords against people with phasers to get things done. :D

http://youtu.be/21L22C5AjoE?t=3m51s

Klingon #1: we will over power them with our Mighty bat'leth. Hahaha

*beams in*

Klingon #1: PetaQ, they have phasers, Quick pull out the Disruptors

Klingon #2: Why didn't we start with the Disruptors

The battle of DS9 would have ended differently with Gowron riding a T Rex down the promenade.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    Why is it everyone ignores all the other crazy **** that's been in trek the second they talk about space dinos? Many MANY people have already pointed out far crazier things the these guys keep ignoring and honestly its lowering my opinion of these people by enormous amounts. Seriously joran I have thought of you as one of the more sane posters but with this? I don't think I can look at you anymore.

let me put it this way theres alot of possibilities out there and heck the alpha quad isnt even finished and cryptic is rushing to the DQ.

On top of that dinosaurs with lasers? the voth as a species yes i like that it makes sense but riding dinosaurs with lasers sounds alot like another game called dino storm.

maybe if i had not played dino storm i would be impressed but for me it just doesnt feel trek at all.

anyways we all have our own opinions on the matter we all cant be right or wrong we can just express how we feel on the subject
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited October 2013
    It's called Star T-Rex.

You have just won the intarnets.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ROFL!!! when you posted space whale the first thing i thout of was an Oddy XD

I guess im just feeling a bit let down idk why though maybe its the whole dino theme seems like something a 1st grader would drool over.

But oh well im just one person expressing his views and opinions...like those things matter anymore views and opinions i mean.

maybe thats the point im trying to make did anyone say they wanted all this?
  • Options
    edited October 2013

lets see here i never asked for a doff system never asked for this warp core console system i never asked for to go tag space bunnies i never asked for fleet system that acts like a black hole for resources i mean i could go on and on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nope. Those kinds of episodes are outliers. I don't deny that Trek had its silly moments but this beyond them by a factor of 10^3.

From a certain point of view Dinosaurs/Voth are way less silly than Vulcans ... at least we know Dinosaurs existed at some point .... but Aliens which look exactly like Humans, just with pointy ears ... aka Space-Elves ... COME ON ...

What happened to this being the season of Voyager?

Season 8 was never supposed to be the "Voyager Season" ... that's probably Season 9, 10, 11 introducing the Krenim, if they care about the poll ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    lets see here i never asked for a doff system never asked for this warp core console system i never asked for to go tag space bunnies i never asked for fleet system that acts like a black hole for resources i mean i could go on and on

Bingo!!

I guess im tired of being force fed TRIBBLE i didnt ask for or wanted and the whole riding dino thing seems so cartoonish imo.

but oh well its the only trek themed game out right now so gotta make due with all the TRIBBLE cryptic poops out :(
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From a certain point of view Dinosaurs/Voth are way less silly than Vulcans ... at least we know Dinosaurs existed at some point .... but Aliens which look exactly like Humans, just with pointy ears ... aka Space-Elves ... COME ON ...

Reminds me of the short story.. "They're Made Out of Meat"
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ROFL!!! when you posted space whale the first thing i thout of was an Oddy XD

I guess im just feeling a bit let down idk why though maybe its the whole dino theme seems like something a 1st grader would drool over.

But oh well im just one person expressing his views and opinions...like those things matter anymore views and opinions i mean.

No, but I do.
  • Options
    the5thchild15the5thchild15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait a minute.

Let me get this straight.
    You were ok with haunted souls from the demon realm flying around in steampowered battlewagons, trying to eat our liver, but reptilian pets for a reptilian (Dinosaur age) race that is canon (we are mammals, as are most of our pets, so what) is too much for you ?

Mkay -.-
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait a minute.

Let me get this straight.
    You were ok with haunted souls from the demon realm flying around in steampowered battlewagons, trying to eat our liver, but reptilian pets for a reptilian (Dinosaur age) race that is canon (we are mammals, as are most of our pets, so what) is too much for you ?

Mkay -.-

Hey, when my Klingon palm-stroke Satan in his crotch it was epic. THIS is just silly, though.

:D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Hey, when my Klingon palm-stroke Satan in his crotch it was epic. THIS is just silly, though.

but a pig with hair and spikes is not ok Klingon coming at some starfleet officer with a bat'leth who has a phaser is not silly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the content for season 8 is the dyson sphere itself, and we actually have not seen or heard virtually anything for it and you've decided its a huge disappointment?

Yes, STO is just adding random silly things that no one asked for. i hate the fact they are adding dinosaurs in space. trek would never add anything like that ever.

lets get back to the classic trek stories that everyone asked for like when Q sent the crew to Sherwood forest, or paris and janway turned into giant lizards, or when spock had his brain taken out, or when they went to the centre of the galaxy and found god, or when quark became a woman.

the show added everything no one actually asked for and half the things in trek sound stupid until you see them. but then some of them remain stupid even after you have seen them.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the problem with space T rex with lasers is not because it's canon or not. After all, it's not that weird compared to others things we've seen in ST.
    But it's the ridiculous of it. Also, Space dinos with lasers were done before. Well... What's next ? Space zombies ? A huge Gorn destroying Tokyo ? Space chicken (with lasers) invading the galaxy ? Where will it stop ? Will we have a multiverse universe with Doctor Who fighting the Borg, Daleks clashing with Cylons, while Battlestar Galactica is boarded by Klingons escaping a zombie plague ? After all, cross universe between ST and others were done before. It could be canon...

They do something ridiculous (granted, ridiculous is part of canon), and so cliche...

Many people have pointed some ST episode with really weird/ridiculous things. Most of them were considered bad when they were released. For example, Skin of evil is considered as "bad'" by a lot of people, inculding actors from the TNG cast (Frakes and Wheaton mostly). And it's not the worst.

When people are reduced to comparing the T rex with lasers with episodes that are used as jokes amongst the fans to claim their legitimity, there is something wrong. Yes there was far worse in the TV Shows, but it doesn't mean we have to push the limits that way. After all, there was a lot better to.

I wish we aimed for the best, instead of the worst ST have done. But that's just me.

Now, I'm not complaining T rex with lasers doesn't feel Star Trek. Because, sadly, they do. I'm not even complaining per se. I'm just saying, having space T rex with lasers in a "serious" game is ridiculous. And makes me think to the worst ST episodes seen on screen. Instead of making think to the best of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    [...]Well... What's next ? Space zombies ? A huge Gorn destroying Tokyo ? Space chicken (with lasers) invading the galaxy ? [...]

Borg, plenty of those spaceliving creatures could annihilate a Starbase in a Godzilla fashion (oh and Laserbeam shooting City destruction... Pilot Episode of TNG anyone?)... Okay... Space Chickens... you got me there!
    We could say the Tholians are chickens but nah... you won this one!

OR... we could see the return of the Xindi Avians trying to reclaim their place in the galaxy!
    Weave it into the Iconian Plot, as they were rescued by them before Xindus went kabloomee because they were useful at something for the Exile Iconians.
    There: Space Chickens with Lasers invading known Space! ^^
    Now, I'm not complaining T rex with lasers doesn't feel Star Trek. Because, sadly, they do. I'm not even complaining per se. I'm just saying, having space T rex with lasers in a "serious" game is ridiculous. And makes me think to the worst ST episodes seen on screen. Instead of making think to the best of them.

So... if Cryptic doesn't make it look like a T-Rex it would be better?
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    but a pig with hair and spikes is not ok Klingon coming at some starfleet officer with a bat'leth who has a phaser is not silly

No, that's awesome as well :D Targs are just badass creatures (until they changed them in ENT at least to the state they are in STO as well. I want boar targs, dammit). And Klingons are a badass people. :cool:

FYI: I really liked the episode where you fight Satan with your character. It WAS awesome. But SO groundshattering stupid :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's all about perspective ... but if you really think anything in Sci-Fi is just stupid/silly/unbelievable you really should stop watching Sci-Fi / missing the point of the genre ...
    I wish we aimed for the best, instead of the worst ST have done. But that's just me.

What's the "Best" ST has done ?? .... the first Alien Species Humans encountered looking like Space-Elves ... people traveling with Warp Drives which most Scientists today believe is impossible ... etc etc etc ... at least we know Dinosaurs existed at some point :P [never seen a Vulcan or Warp Core in a Museum though]

Dinosaurs in Space being silly, is just your opinion and I haven't heard anything plausible why it's anything different from Space-Elves (Vulcans, Romulans), Space-Pigs (Tellarites, Targs) or any other species/lifeform from ST ... it's called Science-Fiction for a reason ...
    saekiith wrote: »
    Okay... Space Chickens... you got me there!
    We could say the Tholians are chickens but nah... you won this one!

Dinosaurs, Chickens ... all the same ....

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/09/ff_chickensaurus/all/
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So i guess the quality of this game is starting to degrade imo i think with season 8 we can say STO will have officially jumped the shark.

Idk everyone else but season 8 is looking more like a big let down when we see trek we expect a t-bone steak only for cryptic to give us hot dogs.

Ive been playing this game less and less with each passing week as a trek fan im disappointed
    in the direction the game.

If a new trek game were to come out id quit this game altogether but for now i wait and grudgenly login once in a while.

Did you read the lore? It's actually fairly neat and lets you see the evolution of Earth should the meteorite that caused the extinction never happened. From what I've read and remember, this new species was space born and originated on Earth as a reptilian type humanoid. They essentially created a "Noah's Ark" and found refuge on another planet. These dinosaurs look precisely like our renditions from fossils because of precisely that reason. This is an amazing undertaking story-wise for this team and so far it is looking like something I'd definitely be interested in.

I think it would be wise for you to go back and read the book "Green Eggs and Ham" and take a lesson from it.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    khanharnkhanharn Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So i guess the quality of this game is starting to degrade imo i think with season 8 we can say STO will have officially jumped the shark.

Idk everyone else but season 8 is looking more like a big let down when we see trek we expect a t-bone steak only for cryptic to give us hot dogs.

Ive been playing this game less and less with each passing week as a trek fan im disappointed
    in the direction the game.

If a new trek game were to come out id quit this game altogether but for now i wait and grudgenly login once in a while.

Cool story bro.
    Early Access Captain 29/01/10

Kanharn's Memory Alpha.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Expressions of opinions are a forbidden topic in STO ? :confused:

Express opinion and watch the nerd rage which follows :D

So i wonder if anyone is going to get it yet hmm :rolleyes:
  • Options
    romulanwayromulanway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    look it positive,when PW/cryptic lost Star Trek ip licence they can keep up server coz it is not ST game it is some cash grab,p2w ,Space Online or something else,just need change names of some space ship,species ... etc ...
    LoR should to be about rebuilding Romulan Star Empire,liberating Donatra from borg collective ,confronting Sela & madness of Tal Shiar,claiming Vulcan as new romulan homeworld...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's all about perspective ... but if you really think anything in Sci-Fi is just stupid/silly/unbelievable you really should stop watching Sci-Fi / missing the point of the genre ...
    Did I say "anything" ? I just don't watch this kind of Sci fi for a reason. Well, except for a good laugh.
    What's the "Best" ST has done ?? .... the first Alien Species Humans encountered looking like Space-Elves ... people traveling with Warp Drives which most Scientists today believe is impossible ... etc etc etc ... at least we know Dinosaurs existed at some point :P [never seen a Vulcan or Warp Core in a Museum though]
    Never said ST was realistic or whatever.
    Basically, what you are saying is, since it's sci fi, we can have anything. So, what about the Sharknado ? Afterall, it's cool to. A sharknado in space, planet sized, can you imagine that ?
    Dinosaurs in Space being silly, is just your opinion and I haven't heard anything plausible why it's anything different from Space-Elves (Vulcans, Romulans), Space-Pigs (Tellarites, Targs) or any other species/lifeform from ST ... it's called Science-Fiction for a reason ...
    I don't mind dinosaurs in space. T rex with laser on their head are ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    oh but targ handlers that spawn unlimited numbers of targs is not ridiculous so believable gorn that picks up chunks of concrete out of know where yep not ridiculous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lol wow unlimited possibilities from Voyager series and the race Voth, and the best they could come out with is dino w/lasers on their heads? Shows what little imaginations are at work for Cryptic!!! Now wonder they rely on the Foundry to come up with new mission material, because clearly they can't without some possible copyright infringement from some other game. No wonder I laugh at them every day for the TRIBBLE they do to the name Star Trek. Gene would strangle them all if he was still alive!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    oh but targ handlers that spawn unlimited numbers of targs is not ridiculous so believable
    Oh come on, that's a videogame....
    There is a lot of differences between doing things for the sake of gameplay, and dinos with lasers on their head. Don't try to look more stupid than you are, you may succeed.
    Lol wow unlimited possibilities from Voyager series and the race Voth, and the best they could come out with is dino w/lasers on their heads? Shows what little imaginations are at work for Cryptic!!! Now wonder they rely on the Foundry to come up with new mission material, because clearly they can't without some possible copyright infringement from some other game. No wonder I laugh at them every day for the TRIBBLE they do to the name Star Trek. Gene would strangle them all if he was still alive!!!
    Reason involved : it's cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Gene would strangle them all if he was still alive!!!

ya the man that gave us Greek gods and goddesses in space Abraham Lincoln in space ya sure he would
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is a lot of differences between doing things for the sake of gameplay, and dinos with lasers on their head. Don't try to look more stupid than you are, you may succeed.

Reason involved : it's cool.

Can we have mothra to go with our Godzilla w/lasers strapped to his head too?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited October 2013

no more then taging space bunnies going around a planet spraying bug spray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Never said ST was realistic or whatever.
    Basically, what you are saying is, since it's sci fi, we can have anything. So, what about the Sharknado ? Afterall, it's cool to. A sharknado in space, planet sized, can you imagine that ?

Why not (depends) I've seen Space Whales in ST already :P, did I think it was kind of stupid ... yes probably ... was is Sharknado niveau ... nope ... so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just because of one picture ... if the Voth are using these things as beasts of burden, I don't think it's any different from "Attack Targs, Mastiffs, Mugatos ...." ... if you'll have to fight these things like He-man on his Battle-Cat I might agree with you ... haven't even seen those things shooting lasers though ...

Just because something might look stupid on paper doesn't mean it has to be ... if I would have shown you an Space-Elf before 1966 you would've probably compared it with Sharknado as well ...

If there is some reasonable "Science" (like everyone looking like Humans because of the Preservers) in Dinosaurs shooting laser beams ... why not ... if it's just "Fiction" for the sake of being silly, like Sharknado ... hell no ... (thats what I'm saying)