test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re: The Voth's Bio-Engineered Dinos

daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
I truly do love the idea of dino's with lasers on their heads...no really I do.

but I have to wonder and guess how smart the Voth are if they made Velociraptors with lasers.

Just a thought but if we get to that sphere and the raptors are all that remain, then we are in for a very bad fight.

but no I would love to see how this plays out.

I also would love to see how many "Dinosaurs in Trek BLASPHEMY!!!" threads pop up so i can combat them.
Post edited by daedalus304 on

Comments

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    but I have to wonder and guess how smart the Voth are if they made Velociraptors with lasers.

You seem to be forgetting that those raptors in all likelihood are in fact Voth themselves.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm still waiting on a tyrannosaurus with a rocket launcher.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013

this has my vote!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Dino's With Lasers...
    Not just lasers. Frickin' lasers.

And if anyone complains about dinosaurs in Star Trek I believe want to subconsciously limit what's possible in the universe. These Dino Riders are completely plausible in-universe.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just have one request. And that is to have SHARKS...with FRIKKIN' laser beams attached to their heads!

Had to be done :D

EDIT: Gah! Ninja'd...sort of.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I just have one request. And that is to have SHARKS...with FRIKKIN' laser beams attached to their heads!

Had to be done :D

S9, water planet.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    this is how you eat a goat maybe had it been cooked with a laser he might have not been why you so mad dino?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If Dinos can have lasers on their helmets then I want a laser on my helmet too! :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You seem to be forgetting that those raptors in all likelihood are in fact Voth themselves.

This. Raptors were one of the several dinosaur species most likely to evolve into something intelligent.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok, question to the devs...

Did you guys include any feathered dinosaurs? Many of them had feathers or at least early precursors of what we think of as feathers today.
    They were not all 100% scaly.

To imagine how a T-Rex might have looked like if it was indeed feathered is fun (giant exotic turkey really) and raptors most certainly HAD them.

The only reason Jurassic Park didn't show them as oversized chickens, was that they wouldn't look scary enough.

it's a shame that movie has influenced our perception of what Dinosaurs looked like so much while it was so inaccurate.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Ok, question to the devs...

Did you guys include any feathered dinosaurs? Many of them had feathers or at least early precursors of what we think of as feathers today.
    They were not all 100% scaly.

To imagine how a T-Rex might have looked like if it was indeed feathered is fun (giant exotic turkey really) and raptors most certainly HAD them.

The only reason Jurassic Park didn't show them as oversized chickens, was that they wouldn't look scary enough.

it's a shame that movie has influenced our perception of what Dinosaurs looked like so much while it was so inaccurate.

While I'm all for dinosaurs being depicted accurately in modern media, I do want to point out that the dinos in the concept art were more than likely either genetically engineered to be the way they are now, or otherwise evolved over millions of years alongside the Voth to their current appearance.

Basically, I'm not gonna sweat the lack of feathers of these fake-a-saurs.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »

actually they did give the raptors feathers in the third movie, and the main reason the ones in the first movie didn't have feathers was because they were originally female in the movie, the males had the feathers.

plus I can picture the T-Rex with feathers and making it look ten times more intimidating.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Think these dinos are an interesting concept.

Though I have to wonder about the Dinos themselves. If they are Earth Dinosaurs or not. And if they are, how they also didn't evolve like the Voth? If they are alien, how that T-Rex looks like a Earth T-Rex? :P

Oooooh yeah baby!

Do it! :cool:
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Discussion Schimussion. MOTHERF*****G SPACE DINOSAURS.
  • Options
    gantoris007gantoris007 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    No matter what happens, it's better than Pandas. :3
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No matter what happens, it's better than Pandas. :3

sooo very much this^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Well I did run across this, I suppose it gives us a starting point. Still no rocket launcher though.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well I did run across this, I suppose it gives us a starting point. Still no rocket launcher though.

i will take a trex mount!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Comrades, we may need some bigger weapons :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited October 2013
      Think these dinos are an interesting concept.

Though I have to wonder about the Dinos themselves. If they are Earth Dinosaurs or not. And if they are, how they also didn't evolve like the Voth? If they are alien, how that T-Rex looks like a Earth T-Rex? :P

Oooooh yeah baby!

well just like many apes on earth, we stemmed off and evolved into who we are whereas others just followed down a similar path, like the gator or croc.

I can see how it worked out for the rex if it got smaller.
    • Options
      kriskniveskrisknives Member Posts: 78 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      Am I the only person who want a non-humanoid Raptor on their crew as my security chief?
    • Options
      edited October 2013
      krisknives wrote: »
      Am I the only person who want a non-humanoid Raptor on their crew as my security chief?

you're not alone in this, though it would be nerfed to hell once people see the giant holo claw.
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      I want a t-rex mount for ground pvp!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      Gecko really has lost it

that was basically my first and propably last thought about this "i want dinos with lasers" comment.. omfg pls switch to swtor where stuff like that may be appropiate
      it may be cool for some ppl, but it has absolutely nothing to do with star trek canon. i know there is already a lot of stuff thats basically over the line, but this just completely removes any thought about there being a line that will not be crossed.. will we get x-wing fighter next? those are also quite cool and after all this is just a game right? so all goes right?

i wonder who at cbs allowed that stuff :(
    • Options
      neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      Dinosaurs, Lasers, riding Raptors, Starships...I see no problems with this at all...All my childhood dreams wrapped up into one.

Star Trek and Dinosaurs been a long time coming.
      GwaoHAD.png
    • Options
      thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      Gecko really has lost it

that was basically my first and propably last thought about this "i want dinos with lasers" comment.. omfg pls switch to swtor where stuff like that may be appropiate
      it may be cool for some ppl, but it has absolutely nothing to do with star trek canon. i know there is already a lot of stuff thats basically over the line, but this just completely removes any thought about there being a line that will not be crossed.. will we get x-wing fighter next? those are also quite cool and after all this is just a game right? so all goes right?

You didn't watch much TOS, did you? That was a series that had Abraham Lincoln in space, Greek Gods in space, American Indians in space, time travel to the 30s and 60s, etc. There was no concept in TOS considered too strange to do. I'm sure if the series had lasted longer then 3 years they would have gotten around to dinosaurs too - but Voyager did manage to get around to it. :)
      STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    • Options
      neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
      edited October 2013
      thecosmic1 wrote: »
      You didn't watch much TOS, did you? That was a series that had Abraham Lincoln in space, Greek Gods in space, American Indians in space, time travel to the 30s and 60s, etc. There was no concept in TOS considered too strange to do. I'm sure if the series had lasted longer then 3 years they would have gotten around to dinosaurs too - but Voyager did manage to get around to it. :)

Don't forget Space Romans, Space TRIBBLE, another Earth for whatever reason...Kirk and crew being taken over and forced to dance. Dinosaurs are much sane than this
      GwaoHAD.png
    • Options
      edited October 2013
      neoakiraii wrote: »
      Don't forget Space Romans, Space TRIBBLE, another Earth for whatever reason...Kirk and crew being taken over and forced to dance. Dinosaurs are much sane than this

i love your new sig!!!!!!!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      system Lord Baal is dead
    • Options
      edited October 2013
      Gecko really has lost it

canon trek sticks to the new, the unknown, the weird.

I say this fits the new star trek pretty well.

i say I don't care, its new and fun therefor it is good.