test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with one Keybind please.

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Academy
Hello again forum friends. First let me explain what I'm trying to do here.

In ground missions, instead of having to click the button , to have all the Boffs attack my target, I'd like to just simply say hit the "Y" key, and have them go at it. I'm getting old, and that little button is getting a bit smaller each day.

Anyways, I checked for the in game keybinds, and I couldn't find any way to set, but I heard there was a way to bind a key through the chat interface.

Can anyone of you Gurus share with an old man, what I need to type, to tie that ability to my keyboard? Much thanks ahead of time all.
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sure

On your mini map which is usally located in the upper right hand corner unelss you've changed your interface, click on the icon shaped like a gear to bring up your game menu. NOTE: You should also be able to press the ESC key to do the same thing.

A small box wil appear with some options, selection OPTIONS.

A larger box will appear, select the Keybinds tab then scroll down to the Targeting and Interactions section.

Crew Attack My Target should right at the top of this section. I suggest you scroll down through all of the keybinds and make sure that Y isn't binded to anything else you use. Also, make sure you follow these steps while you are on a the ground. If you try in space you will get presented with keybinds for space and you will not find Crew Attack My Target.

Once you are ready just click the current keybinded option and press Y. That's it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well thanks so much rekurzion, Man I looked all over for that option, and I just couldn't find it, until now. Followed what you wrote to a T, and it worked great.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    glad it worked.
  • Options
    captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's a little more advanced option that I find handy. Type these into your chat box.

/bind 2 "PetCommands_SetAllToOwnerAttackTarget $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 1"
    /bind 3 "PetCommands_SetAllToOwnerAttackTarget $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 2"
    /bind 4 "PetCommands_SetAllToOwnerAttackTarget $$ +STOTrayExecByTray 0 3"

So now whenever I fire my attacks on keys 2, 3, and 4, it automatically sets my Boffs to my target. Be very careful to put it in exactly as shown, I've done lot's of keybinds and I still mess them up sometimes because I missed a capital somewhere.

Edited to add: I thought I should point out that if you want to bind to different keys, the convention used is
    "0 0" for "first tray, first slot". So if you want to bind your fire key to key 6 for example, you would just change the last number to 5.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That is simply amazing, I really like that. It's going in my notebook for this game.

Thank you captxpendable!