test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Legacy of Romulus Pre-Patching Enabled (Now disabled!)

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Sorry about the giant patch guys. That's mostly my doing.

To make it up to you, here's a duckling being chased by a cat, dressed as a shark, riding a roomba.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

To make it up to you, here's a duckling being chased by a cat, dressed as a shark, riding a roomba.

Please get us some word on the patch freezing issue. Or annoy someone who can. With lasers if needed.

I assume it's the same thing that happened on Tribble. Which is doubly maddening.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2013

LOL! Awesome.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Great we armed the Cats with A.I Tanks....way to go Mankind.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013

that pooor ducky not even a romulan would not go that far !!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • fyllisfyllis Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have downloaded the pre-patch 4 times on each of my camputers along with a launcher patch each time.

Let me 'splain it :)

Exit Game - Get 5885mb patch, patch completes, pop-up window disappears
    click on launcher (habit to enter game after a patch)
    get patch of 3K KB
    enter game
    Exit game----rinse and repeat

Umm is this what is supposed to happen?

When I visit the folders in Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online I notice quite a few are updated today.

So what is going on, is this "working as expected"? There are 5 more computers in my household that need this update, but I really do not want to have to go thru this multiple times.

Please advise. It's late and I'm going to bed.
  • angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine just won't finish the pre-patch. I go into the game, exit, launcher pops up, starts downloading, then stops and won't continue. Tried to do this 5 times now. Each time it stops is at a different % (52%, 0%, 27%, 22%, 47%). This 5th attempt has been on 47% for about 2 hours now.
  • haelishaelis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I always keep it up to date. Just updated Tribble and played about 5 hours ago. Same with Live, up to date and played about 4 hours ago. Plus played and updated about 9 hours ago. Just fired up the game awhile ago. It started patching 9883mb. Finished patching and installing. Entered game. Exited. Restarted game to see what would happen. Is now patching 9883mb again. And no it is not zooming thru it, it is actually downloading 9883mb all over again. :( Patched 983.83 out of 9883mb. Received 621.38mb - 10%. Wow what the hell is happening? Been here 3 yrs and this is a new one on me. Can't say i've ever downloaded 9883mb TWICE before. sigh.:confused:

Note** Yes in options I have turned off "disable on-demand patching". Did that a very, very long time ago. And yes I just checked it again, lol.
    And I'm old, not dead.
    If your're so smart how come you don't own everything? :D
    Proud Member of Starfleet Elite Task Force & Klingon Elite Task Force for 4 yrs
  • drajokan98drajokan98 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i dont care what size the patch is but for srying out loud can you fix it fo t will friggin download PLEASE its getting irritating
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First pre-patch done. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this pre-patch thing actually going to work?

Made 4 attempts at pre-patching the 5883 MB and everyone of them stopped before completion.
    The first attempt barely made it halfway the other 3 attempts never made it to 2000 KB
  • boleasdeaceroboleasdeacero Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi when i endend of playing the star window of the game star to patching initiation a 500 mb patch this its natural?, i read something about a prepaching in forums, its this or what, tx for ansewr,:eek:
  • martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This only just started to happen yesterday.

As I don't want the client to constantly download patches every time I enter a new system, U checked the box in the client options, (before login) to disable on-demand patching, which downloaded a total of 9.8GB, so now, when I enter a system to complete a mission, I don't see 'Patching (TRIBBLE) Files.......', but now, every time I close (logout) the client, it re-opens and start patching 9.8GB but only gets as far as 10%, and hangs there, I have to 'End Task' the client, this 'Patching on exit' doesn't interrupt normal client usage, and only happens when Escape is pressed during normal operation, and 'Exit' is clicked to close the client, which does close, but within a few seconds, the client re-opens and starts patching.

I don't want to uninstall STO client, as it took me long enough to download about 2GB in data files.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its pre patching for Legacy of Romulus. Doing it in advance means you dont have to wait so long on the 21st when it launches.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See this thread.
    edited May 2013
    See this thread. Pre-patching for the Legacy of Romulus update have been enabled.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rvlion79 wrote: »

Made 4 attempts at pre-patching the 5883 MB and everyone of them stopped before completion.
    The first attempt barely made it halfway the other 3 attempts never made it to 2000 KB

pretty sure it was still pre-patching when you decided to stop the download....let it finish, it's 5882 mb ( thats almost 6 gig) if you haven't patched Tribble....and that will take awhile to download on a fast connection....good luck
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • boleasdeaceroboleasdeacero Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you, now i am one of the freezee patch problem :mad:
    edited May 2013
    Without Tribble/Prepatch folders the download gets stuck at 35%, 2226 MB received.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i log out was and disconnect my ethernet cable usually and just afte ri do that i look up and see im getting a patch...so quickly plug back in

My question is what the hell ?
    WHY are you patching on exit and not informing me i hope i got enough space....and i also hope that lil quick disconnect doesn't make my 4 megabit net have to do it all again, cause thats one thing im not doing ...got a docs appointment so i wont be back till later im sure others will ask this

why are you not informing us all of this large patch BEFORE exit
  • celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its the Pre-Patch for LoR.

it was announced here
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=678821
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do realize you don't have to load it yet? There's a big shiny button saying "CANCEL". Click it!
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still its done WRONG
    you see what i wrote
    i hope that doesnt bork my patching
    and i have to say no warning of it is NOT cool....
    but thanks for letting me know quick
    ill test make sure its ok when i get back

and you dont get it i logged out as in the lil square button that said exit and it BROUGHT me to the login screen and it was doing that
    when you start that you should not cancel it, things on windows tend to get issues if you do that....

ive always had a patch start when i login or try too not when i leave....
    and i dont hang out every day at this website.....missed that announcement

and how many patches are there getting another one now one was 5.8 GB now one is 3.6 GB

and now a third time its doing the 1st patch .....damn good i dont have caps on my net..lol
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For someone who's not on tribble and disabled patch on demand..

9882 MB patch size. That's 9.8 gigs.

In the 6 hours I was sleeping it managed to DL about 31% of that.

..and I wonder where the lag comes from these days..
    pTTNy7x.png
  • thegarakxthegarakx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its not working for me. 13% and stuck....
  • avatar2388avatar2388 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    47.1% for FIVE HOURS !

Closed it now !:mad:
  • cgjannekcgjannek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rvlion79 wrote: »

Mine never gets this far... Update window closes after around 13,000KB downloaded without error or confirmation message, just poof, gone.
    (Holodeck and Tribble at current version)
    Good Idea trying to take some of the load off the Update Servers before the big day... now if only they could get it to work.

As a side note: Would've been nice to post some kind of Message on the starting page that the launcher actually is supposed to do that, come back up after ending the game... had me puzzled quite a bit till I looked in the forum!
  • avatar2388avatar2388 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    47.1% for FIVE HOURS !

Closed it now !:mad:
  • itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Format. Fdisk. Reinstal ?

Me too. Stuck at 35%. Exited and re-started the launcher after waiting an hour. Stuck at 14.5MB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
This discussion has been closed.