test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Legacy of Romulus Pre-Patching Enabled (Now disabled!)

Comments

• Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Upgrade your computer to have more memory or buy a new computer.

i have a hard drive that is not being used i have 2 but i only know how to use 1 would there be anyway of moving trek over to that but so i can still use it ?
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do what I used to do when I had two drives and reassign your My Documents/profile folder to the other drive. Odds are your personal collection of stuff is way bigger than the apps you've installed. Plus, it lets you format the OS drive with impunity and not have to worry about your actual stuff.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They still haven't given any word whatsoever despite dozens of complaints on forum and game chat being rife with pointing out it's broken.
    I've done the patch on all 4 of our home computers - 3 of which don't have Tribble on it - without incident. It didn't seem "broken" to me. It worked perfectly fine.

If anything it's just a coagulation issue, IMO - too many patching at once and slowing it all down.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    outcast1985outcast1985 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    final stupid question, can I pre-patch and Play at the same time? Iv got some Borg to blow up.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the developers are dicks then? nice. Also what in the blue hell is Tribble?

Tribble is the test server.

Here is a link to the most recent article I saw on it. Don't get excited, the reward weekend is already over, but in there somewhere is a link to Tribble.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=884441
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine stopped at 38.7%. Annoying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i not really a bid comp person so can you tell me how to that please
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pre-patching doesn't work. It freezes at 46% and then loads up one CPU core with 100% load and just sits there like that. I left it for some hours today while I was out hoping it would somehow get over this freeze but it was still frozen loading 1 cpu core as I left it.

The launcher is crashing half the time and constantly saying cannot establish connection to game server.

The launcher upon first opening also wants to patch 4MB of data over and over, what is that?

You call this getting ready for a major expansion? Weeks and weeks of crashes and glitches, server outages, lag issues, rubber banding complaints galore and denials it has anything to do with putting another game onto the same server hardware as STO, COH?

I'm a Lifetime Subscriber and feel ripped off.
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pre-patcher freezes at 46% of the data transferred. Sometimes if you have already download some of the new data before-hand it will start the counter % from that point.

What happens is the launcher freezes, and loads up one cpu at 100% and won't progress.

Just another failing by Cryptic who seem intent on driving this game into the ground.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so i have sat here for the last 40 mins to an hour patching to 20 % for nothing :mad:
  • Options
    borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got same problem, restarted and again its froze at 46%
    Sto%20Final.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how long did it take you to get to 46 % ??????

as it has taken me 40 mins to an hour to get to 20 %
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is this doing it every time now i start the launcher and leave it the same stuff.

like im sure if my isp sees me using a terabyte a data im gonna start having sudden isp issues.
  • Options
    borgx666borgx666 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    between 1 - 2 hours, guess i wont be playing LOR if i cant even get the damn patch to work :mad:
    Sto%20Final.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im just gonna leave the pre patch untill the 21st hopefully it works then :mad:
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone tried disabling On Demand Patching to see if that speeds things up?

Disable that, log into the game, and then exit. When the Patcher comes back up it might go quicker. Then once LoR is active reverse the On Demand Patching and finish downloading all the rest.

Just a thought.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pre patching for the LoR update.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    corprancorpran Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a torrent would have been nice
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Disable that, log into the game, and then exit. When the Patcher comes back up it might go quicker. Then once LoR is active reverse the On Demand Patching and finish downloading all the rest.

Just a thought.

so you mean untick it a i already have it ticked ?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Just a thought.

i have unticked it and it has halfed my ptch from 8k to 4 k is that bad
    and that patching tribble just so you know ?
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah an alternate download mechanism would be nice, but I'm guessing the client doesn't allow for it.

Yesterday's 1st attempt stopped at 46%. (Received 1721.8MB)
    Subsequent attempts start over at zero, only got a few KB, never going past 0.1%.

Today I tried what someone suggested: deleting the .hogg files in the \prepatch\piggs\ folder. That seemed to work for while, but this time it stalled at 47%. (Received 1734.4MB)

It's not my ISP, I am uncapped with 18Mbps download speed.

It's not my computer, there's plenty of disk space.

I have downloaded files bigger than this successfully, so there's just something happening that stalls the transfer. :/
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Subsequent attempts start over at zero, only got a few KB, never going past 0.1%.

basically exactly what's happening to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    what would happen iff i just deleted the prepatch folder would this be bad in anyway just so i dont have 2 when i repatch it ?

and is it bad to untick the box disable on demand ?????
  • Options
    ledemonqledemonq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I close the game the pre patch begin, how many times will patch 8.5GB?
    I guess with one time is sufficient, why every time I close the game returns to patch it?
    (I have the tribble update with LOR, so dont download nothing, but is annoying that every time you close the game the patch return to start)
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please provide alternate source for this patch, it gets stuck at 47 percent every time.
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Yeah an alternate download mechanism would be nice, but I'm guessing the client doesn't allow for it.

Today I tried what someone suggested: deleting the .hogg files in the \prepatch\piggs\ folder. That seemed to work for while, but this time it stalled at 47%. (Received 1734.4MB)

It's not my ISP, I am uncapped with 18Mbps download speed.

It's not my computer, there's plenty of disk space.

I have downloaded files bigger than this successfully, so there's just something happening that stalls the transfer. :/

This is precisely what's happening to me, down to the exact numbers. 1734.4MB
  • Options
    darthlokidarthloki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm trying to pre-patch for legacy of romulus and for 3 hours
    the patcher has been stuck at 46.9% percent for 3 hours this
    is dumb
  • Options
    martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've given up with the LoR patching, so now when I exit the launcher and it starts "attempting" (yes I said attempting) to patch, I just close out the launcher, I can still play sto normally, but until the Devs put up the entire LoR patch as an installable exe file in .torrent format, I'll just keep playing as normal and when I exit the launcher, and it appears again to attempt the patching, I just close it out, end of story.
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    martok16 wrote: »
    I've given up with the LoR patching, so now when I exit the launcher and it starts "attempting" (yes I said attempting) to patch, I just close out the launcher, I can still play sto normally, but until the Devs put up the entire LoR patch as an installable exe file in .torrent format, I'll just keep playing as normal and when I exit the launcher, and it appears again to attempt the patching, I just close it out, end of story.

Or, if you don't want to prepatch, or even wait for the file to be a exe file, you could always sign up for Tribble, patch the Tribble server, and then close it.

You don't NEED to play on Tribble, just patch it.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
This discussion has been closed.