test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Legacy of Romulus Pre-Patching Enabled (Now disabled!)

Comments

• Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is there any fix for hung DLs ? I had to sleep after it got bout 42% but now it wont start over or complete... it appeared inactive for a good 20mins or more before I stopped it the first time and subsequently I've left it on for hrs to try and finish... no dice.

Lil' help ?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5883 MB...

thats one heck of a patch

Also this speed is ridiculous. I have a 25meg download speed, and ive only gotten half of this in the last four hours

I can download 6 gigs in about 30-45 minutes anywhere else. Gimme moar bandwidth, cryptic.

Edit: I just patched DDO (which i havent played in over a year, there were about 1.3 gigs of files to update) and it was done in less than 10 minutes. What is with the slowness?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2013
    have you guys tried to enable patching with proxy in the clients options?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tried the proxy way, and it didnt even start. Went back to the other way and its going again in a trickle. I dont get it, i can do anything else, but STO just ... is taking about 1000 times longer to patch than it should (no exaggeration either) Its almost like im downloading the patch at 25 kbps instead of 25000 kbps (my actual speed).
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • Options
    itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enabling patching via proxy seems to be working now. Ridiculously slow download speed, but at least it hasn't stalled yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering what this 6gb download that STO was trying to get me to download was. I figured it was some spying software of some sorts, probably still is in some way LOL
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pre-Patch? Glad i looked at this thread, I thought my launcher was glitching out on me! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ive received 25 MB since i restarted the patch after playing with the proxy way.

that was 20 minutes ago.

You cant tell me its my connection speed, cryptic. I have LOTRO updating right now, STO is ... kinda patching... and i just ran a speedtest with the following result. Release the throttle would you?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2711862164.png

Oh hey thats more like it... it just starting going like 1 percent every few seconds. Thats better. More please.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started the prepatch just after getting kicked for maintanence and im already at 1.3Gb downloaded within 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just started the prepatch just after getting kicked for maintanence and im already at 1.3Gb downloaded within 5 minutes.

Yeah for whatever reason about 30 minutes ago the speed kicked into high gear for me. It took me all night to download half of the patch, and now the other half is almost done in just under a half hour.

I wonder what was bogging down last night.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    martok16martok16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Because you haven't been keeping tribble up to date so have to do it all in one giant patch. No sympathy from me :P

Unless there's a button on the launcher/client that specifically says "TRIBBLE UPDATES" no-one in their right mind will know what the hell you're talking about, I don't, I just opened the STO website, signed up for an account, and downloaded the client, and that's IT!., the same procedures that anyone else would do.

The launcher WILL patch any updates automatically as and when they come out, so under 10GB is normal for having on-demand patching disabled.

My sympathy goes to everyone that has a medium end internet speed and has to wait 2-3 hours for about 8-9GB of patching.
  • Options
    itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now the launcher is crashing mid patch. Crazy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I logoff Last night and one of my computers started patching 5885MB and this morning it has stopped at received 1733.7-47%. I have not close it yet so what do I do? Take note my other computer did not do this. PLEASE Advise Thank you.
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why dose it take so long to make patches cant they be made shorter ? i have been patching since yesterday still have a 9000mb for tribble et and can we get our romulan toon transferd to holo when lor becomes avalible on holo
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't transfer test character to Holodeck.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thanx but why do the patches take forever
    :D
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanx but why do the patches take forever
    :D

Because it contains a fundamental retouching of nearly every texture asset in-game and is thus a very beefy patch?

Because you need to get bigger tubes for your internet?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and plus you patch like 9000mb and recive only 4000mb
  • Options
    timmy2shoestimmy2shoes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh no, not another all night down load. My internet provider sux, and anything in the giga-bytes column takes forever. But I know I'll be a happy clam once I get it. Oh the bittersweetness of it. just a little bitter, and then sweet, sweeet, sweet! :D
  • Options
    fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have tribble 100% updated, yet every time I exit STO the patcher says 5882 Download, then stops and closes out at 2% or so.
  • Options
    badkrisswolfbadkrisswolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok ... after freezing at 46% i have to download all the pre-patch again
    it's a joke ?
    i hope this time it will work
  • Options
    robynsrobyns Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue, first time it patched up to about 48%, then the bar stopped moving for couple of hours. I closed it and opened again, now it looks like it is not patching at all.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok ... after freezing at 46% i have to download all the pre-patch again
    it's a joke ?
    i hope this time it will work

It stops at 0% for me these days... : (
  • Options
    rcellomanrcelloman Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello all!

I see I am not the only one with the May 16th Patch after logout blues!

Patch first time ran (@3am USA east coast time approx) without issues - until it reached 35% on my end, then stopped dead.

Close - go back into STO game, and exit - started it again, but same dead stop download after just 10 more megs. I was hoping previous status would come back showing the 35%, but that didn't happen. The download tried to start from the beginning.

Dev's.. Programmers.. Maintenance experts..

You know what happened. Please try to fix - ah, I see you're already working on it.

Maintenance for maintenance <grinning>

Thanks!

@celloman - Lifetime in game / (rcelloman here in the forum)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    now the LOR patch is gonna take me forever i just got in and logged out of holo then get an instant patch

these patches are taking up so much of my hard drive and i dont know how i use my second hard for them any help anywhere
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, the silly thing aint working properly for me I guess. :(

Yesterday it went to 60% and then just *poff* - the launcher went away.
    Today when I log out it starts patching, but a couple of minutes after it begins *poof again* no launcher no patch. Every following time it tries to patch it shows the same amount as if it has not patched anything before.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Aything we can do about it?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    outcast1985outcast1985 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is their an official problem with Pre Patching? im stuck at 46.2% and have been for 2 hours. I'v tryd loading up the help page but fire fox dont like that.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One computer of mine patched right up, no problems.

The other one sat there a couple hours dead, but when I woke up in the morning it had finished.

Consequently, the one that finished with no problems also has the tribble client downloaded, where the one that sat all night did not.

Doesn't matter, really. Don't need that data for a week. It can trickle in if it would like.

And if anybody *SERIOUSLY* expects to play much on release day... They either have never been thru an MMO expansion launch, have very short memories, or simply do not have realistic expectations...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They still haven't given any word whatsoever despite dozens of complaints on forum and game chat being rife with pointing out it's broken.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    outcast1985outcast1985 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the developers are dicks then? nice. Also what in the blue hell is Tribble?
This discussion has been closed.