test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects

Comments

• trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any update on this? Can't slot any projects in there until this is fixed.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Any update on this? Can't slot any projects in there until this is fixed.

You can complete the projects fine, that's not the issue.
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not when I have 2 of the costumes queues I can't. I can only do the dillithium ones until this is fixed.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like Big Bugs!
    I can not Lie.
    You other Coders Can't Deny.
    That when reports come in, with replicatable data and undocumented code,
    You get... a cup of tea and go for a nice sit down.
    edited September 2013
    Exactly 222 days ago today I filed a ticket in game about this issue. It wasn't my first ticket about it. It was my 3rd. Wish I knew when I filled the first two. But I don't, for reasons I shall now elaborate on.

So my fleet friends and I finally managed to get the infected ground elite optional after failing so very very many times. (that timer is a b.... not easy to beat) Jubilation turned to frustration as all but one of us found that our costumes would not unlock.

We filled tickets. No one's ticket was ever responded too. After 8 days they were marked as closed with no reason given. Some time later the ticket disappeared from my ticket list.

I filled another ticket. This time there was a response. I was asked to provide a screen shot showing the broken accolades. I made one, uploaded it and amended the ticket. The ticket was shortly closed, no feedback was ever given. Some time later the ticket disappeared from my ticket list.

I filled the ticket that I made 222 days ago. A response was given 8 days later. It amounted to: 'Sorry this is a bug, we cant help you, file a bug ticket, but you wont get a response'. The ticket was still there when I happened to click my ticket list today. It said it had been an open issue for 222 days. It made me want to tell my story.

So after all of this I learnt the following:

1) the unlimited customer service that the f2p matrix promises to gold members is actually limited.

2)The limit placed upon customer service is that they wont edit your character file in any way and they wont file a bug ticket for you, or give you any information that you couldn't have found for yourself on the forums in the 8 days it takes to get a response from them, if you get a response at all. They also wont do your laundry, lend you their DVDs or let you show them your holiday photos.

3)I would never receive the costume unlocks for getting all six elite optionals.

I was pretty bummed out about that.

But then suddenly there was hope. 168 days ago borticus gave that hope to us.

Now though, sadly, I once again think that the cake is a lie. Sorry Borticus, I don't blame you. Its the nature of F2P isn't it? It cant be easy to directly link the need for bug fixes to specific gains in profit.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes, PWE.... We noticed that this was not fixed in today's update....
    edited September 2013
    This issue is far more important then peoples problems with the CE event. No one is going to care about those issues in a couple of months times. Back to the top you go STF Accolade and costume project thread.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bumpy bumpy for again them not working to resolve this issue.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah it's way easier to pocket veto a problem than to put in work...

Doesn't look like that is happening with 11,000 views lmao

Nicely done everyone
  • cwinters79cwinters79 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's been quite a while since April, even more time since the first occurence of the bugs when New Romulus went live with the first reputation system being introduced, which broke these things.

I hope Brandon stumbles upon my reminder.
    These issues still are a huge gamebreaker to a wide variety of players.
    Myself being a roleplayer for instance, I can't get my character the uniform that I created him for. I can't delete him either, since he got all the goodies and all the love, all the dilithium etc..

Please see this through. Fast. It's almost been a year now.
    For all I learned about the mechanics we have a set of accolades that fell out of use in december. Individually those don't do a thing.
    How about just giving Commander Roxy a new task and let her hand out these old accolades that haven't been able to complete for free, for everyone, so people can finally move on?
    pTTNy7x.png
    edited September 2013
    No other bugs no! Down Down, STF Accolade bug goes first!
  • rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Helloooo? Any progress ???
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,485 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Awaiting progress report.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    **Known, team is NOT investigating**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    stulpnagel wrote: »
    **Known, team is NOT investigating**

More like listed as case file unknown location atm!!!

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sorry for the lack of response. This issue got pushed onto the back burner when we discovered that it didn't fix some of the test cases we'd gathered.

It may have corrected others, though. So we're going to look into completing this workaround in the near future. Just with the caveat that it is not going to fix everybody's costume errors.

Watch for patch notes regarding Roxy. I think that's how we're implementing it.
    It has been ~11 weeks since a workaround was due to be completed in the "near future", and that's been our last official update on the subject.

Borticus, can you please provide a revised update?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited October 2013
    Cryptic, please, there is a reason why we keep this thread alive :( ....
    edited October 2013
    It has been ~11 weeks since a workaround was due to be completed in the "near future", and that's been our last official update on the subject.

Borticus, can you please provide a revised update?

I suggest we all PM him - that's what I did to get him to finally add an "update."
    edited October 2013
    rybaksix wrote: »
    Cryptic, please, there is a reason why we keep this thread alive :( ....

I seriously doubt they're actually reading threads.
    edited October 2013
    Yes, PWE.... We noticed that this was not fixed in today's update.... :mad:
    edited October 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I suggest we all PM him - that's what I did to get him to finally add an "update."

we should pm this guy that calls himself the "comunity manager", and tell him that he should be ashamed of his "team"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    No need to blame the community manager or the code monkeys. The reason this isn't getting fixed is that the money men don't attach a financial value great enough to it to allocate any time to its resolution.

The bug fixing and polishing department at cryptic needs a bigger dedicated team... or you know a team at all.
    edited October 2013
    No need to blame the community manager or the code monkeys. The reason this isn't getting fixed is that the money men don't attach a financial value great enough to it to allocate any time to its resolution.

The bug fixing and polishing department at cryptic needs a bigger dedicated team... or you know a team at all.

Financial value? Lol this is not about money.is about dedication and taking care of users.someone at least should show his face in this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Similar problem here. I have done the rep. project for Omega type 2 costume, but the costume is still not available to me at the tailor.

ticket ID #2,031,197
    Jaron@Kwiat (fed aligned Romulan)
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
    edited October 2013
    12,873 views ... Sticky ???
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,485 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Would be nice to sticky this thread. Otherwise we'll continue to keep this on page one until the problem is solved.
    Bort! Update requested! Is a fix in the offering with Season 8?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2013
    Stiky-ing the thread might be beneficial to cryptic if they want us to forget about it.

If I wasn't coming back to bump it regularly I might only think about this issue every day when I run an stf.... ok I guess I am not forgetting it either way.
    edited October 2013
    Keeping it alive since S7.

• pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If it was a $ matter, then we should be able to take up a collection for a specific fix; let us put our $ where we want it!
  • vroupvroup Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm still unable to edit my costume because parts are missing...guess why!

On an unrelated matter, I subscribed to gold status. Guess what that'll change? Nothing.