test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah sure would be great of them to fix this issue seeing how I really only have one character effected by it. The one and only character I so desperately worked to get it and want it for.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly this is the most frustrating issue in all of STO for me. It may seem petty, I know, but, after grinding out all the Honor Guard MK XII gear (pre-reputation system) and getting 5 out of 6 optionals before the patch (Infected Ground Elite optional was the holdout, and I got it post-rep system, as you might imagine), and trying again and again and again to complete the optionals, I felt and still feel a sincere sense of accomplishment. The "Honor Guard Elite Commander" title is the thing I want MOST in this game at this point, and, after scores of hours sunk to complete its requisites, I've managed to meet those requirements. Yet I still can't equip the title because the HGEC accolade won't fire because of this ******ned bug. And that's to say nothing of the fact that I can't access any of the alternate costume options, despite having re-ground out all the KHG MKXII gear within the new rep system. I understand that other issues have arisen and major content has pushed this to the backburner, but it's been 4 and 1/4 months since this thread started and there hasn't been any progress beyond the devs telling us they had a plan for fixing it (the Roxy dialogue option). What happened to that plan? There are obviously hundreds of us who care very much about this, and many of us have been playing for years -- I highly doubt I'm the only lifetime subscriber (since pre-F2P) to be affected and frustrated by this. Throw us a bone here, Cryptic.

I don't think it's petty at all. What you are saying is the "prize" you worked for you can't get! So why PLAY?? I've stopped doing the Honor Guard missions specifically for this reason. I'm putting my efforts into my fleet instead. But how bass-ackwards is it to keep creating new content when the old doesn?t work?? I think the real game is to find the functionality that works!
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What you have to remember is season 7 was launched entirely under the parole of "saving 60 % time" in getting the ground sets.

10 months later they still blocked - competely invalidating all of season 7, killing STF and removing the incentive to play ground maps.

The top reward in the entire game bugged out for a year you know I was speechless back in january.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fix NOT listed in the 22 Aug release notes.
    edited August 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    Fix NOT listed in the 22 Aug release notes.

Of course not, you really think it's important to them at all? Do to this issue I will never run a single borg stf ground mission EVER because I really only wanted it for one toon, and that toon has been bugged since S7 launched. I have no intent to bug the others, or for that matter try to achieve something that my first main toon has been cheated out of.

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,429 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I think this bug affects mostly people who had the full set before the Rep System, but didn't have the optional accolade yet. I know my Engie fell under that category. I had 2 pieces on my Tac before the Rep System, and I still got the optional accolade on that character afterwords.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    135 days since this thread was started. Damn it cryptic! Put season 8 on hold and give us Season 'Fix, balance and polish' We don't need new broken rubbish. We are up to our eyeballs in old broken rubbish already.
  • stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what is this new update of changing the items shapes??, please FIX WHAT YOU HAVE TO FIX INSTEAD OF DOING UNNECESSARY UPDATES!!!....It's months since we are waiting for a fix to this issue, this is really shame...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    stulpnagel wrote: »
    what is this new update of changing the items shapes??, please FIX WHAT YOU HAVE TO FIX INSTEAD OF DOING UNNECESSARY UPDATES!!!....It's months since we are waiting for a fix to this issue, this is really shame...
    Exactly! They really need to do a "bug bash" and fix a number of things before throwing resources at other things that just don't really matter.
  • sandyquicksandyquick Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Upon receiving all 3 pieces of a single Mk XI (or higher) set of Omega gear, you should see a Costume Unlock Project appear in your list of Reputation projects. This project will not appear if you claim a mixed set (e.g., 2 pieces of KHG Mk XI and 1 of KHG Mk XII, or 2 pieces of MACO Mk XII and 1 of Adapted MACO Mk XII).

It is only after running and claiming this project that you are able to modify your Omega gear using the Tailor.

done and... no costume unlock mission.
    edited August 2013
    sandyquick wrote: »
    done and... no costume unlock mission.

Tell me about it, for me it's the bugged accolade not unlocking like it should. And as for the costumes the game recognizes I have achieved tier 2 and 3 uniforms for which I can apply them, but not the tier 4 adapted because of the accolade being bugged all while never having a single reputation uniform project made available to me!!! Now you go figure right!!!

edited August 2013
    ... These are the bug complaints that never end.
    They just go on and on my friends.
    Some people started posting them not knowing what they were,
    And they'll continue posting them forever just because...

... These are the bug complaints that never end.
    They just go on and on my friends.
    Some people started posting them not knowing what they were,
    And they'll continue posting them forever just because...

Feel free to sing along if you know the words.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ...Feel free to sing along if you know the words.
    I love that song. I hate the bug with my KDF STF Costumes.

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited August 2013
    +1 bump till resolved!!!

edited August 2013
    Fix NOT listed in the 29 Aug release notes.
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for the lack of response. This issue got pushed onto the back burner when we discovered that it didn't fix some of the test cases we'd gathered.

It may have corrected others, though. So we're going to look into completing this workaround in the near future. Just with the caveat that it is not going to fix everybody's costume errors.

Watch for patch notes regarding Roxy. I think that's how we're implementing it.

Six weeks, now, since our last official update. I think we're getting past the concept of "near future". Another update, please?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,429 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Waits patiently and respectfully.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I've just given up on this. You would think now that most of the bad bugs from their last major release have been taken care of, they would have time to fix these older but annoying ones, but no. Heck, I stumbled upon a two year old bug this week while creating a new toon. In one of the fed tutorials (The one just before you destroy 2 damaged drones), if you don't click trough all the messages at the beginning, you get stuck.

http://i40.tinypic.com/156g404.jpg
    edited August 2013
    This is the last STF accolade for me.... I've earned it, but it just won't finish...
    edited August 2013
    Take a number. You're not the only one.

Can we expect any news on this Bug yet? Maybe an idea on if a fix might be in the works for the upcoming season update later this year?
    edited August 2013
    If they wont fix this they could at least spend an hour putting together a character editor for the GM team.

Sure it takes a week or two to get a ticket looked at... ok some times a month.... or a year.... of making a fresh ticket every month because they expire before the GMs ever get around to looking at them..... but it would be nice if once they did look at our tickets they could fix our characters rather then telling us to report the bug to the devs..... who will never ever fix anything.... ever... unless its something fun we don't want fixed.... damn I miss big ships in the vault....
  • rottonsaztanrottonsaztan Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WAS HAVING THIS PROBLEM......I CAME UP WITH A FIX

I was having the accolade problem where I could not use the borg stuff I was being handed, the elite accolade you get for compleating youe first elite stf.
    This bugged my whole omega grind, could not figure it out....

I tried this.... deleting all open missions, anyhthing I had going in journal, then completed stf on elite.....bingo, then tried to do other acolade missions making sure my missions were empty save the one I was trying to achive.....Bingo , worked like a charm

Dont know if it will work for you as well, but I have had no further issues;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    I never have any missions in my journal except the one I'm working on.
    Might try running Kitomer Ground Elite again on my Engie, but I think I'm borked until they either fix it or give Roxy a new job on DS9.
    edited September 2013

I was having the accolade problem where I could not use the borg stuff I was being handed, the elite accolade you get for compleating youe first elite stf.

I tried this.... deleting all open missions, anyhthing I had going in journal, then completed stf on elite.....bingo, then tried to do other acolade missions making sure my missions were empty save the one I was trying to achive.....Bingo , worked like a charm

I could give it a shot and see, not like it's going to hurt anything but doubt it will work!!!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I never have any missions in my journal except the one I'm working on.
    Might try running Kitomer Ground Elite again on my Engie, but I think I'm borked until they either fix it or give Roxy a new job on DS9.

As for retrying to achieve the accolade's I have already tried it several times without it unlocking it still to this day, and that has been since S7 first landed.

• stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2013

i dont understand, you mean dropping the missions and then what?, guess that has nothing to do with the HGEC accolade, i wont drop my miisions just in case it may work, this bug has been forgotten and they wont do ****. They wont fix this just for a bunch of players.
    Yeah I say they can go straight to hell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Fix NOT listed in the 5 Sept release notes.
    edited September 2013
    Fix NOT listed in the 5 Sept release notes.

Yep as usual, so a bump for not fixing to go along with the other running thread complaining about this issue!!!

edited September 2013
    Yep as usual, so a bump for not fixing to go along with the other running thread complaining about this issue!!!

I haven't seen the other thread. PWE started this one, so I'm guessing this is the "official" one.
    edited September 2013
    I haven't seen the other thread. PWE started this one, so I'm guessing this is the "official" one.
    That's what's most frustrating about this issue. The problem started at the beginning of the year, or there abouts anyway... On order of 9 months ago...

Then in April, 5 months ago, Borticus makes this thread, officially recognizing the problem, with the intent to update all the other existing threads...

His last update references a possible fix "in the near future".

That was 7 weeks ago.

An no other updates since. :(

edited September 2013
    "in the near future" = Some point before the sun explodes. If some dangerous space turtle doesn't crash into it first.