Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 8, 2012

Comments

• Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bareel wrote: »
    He is merely an elitist that thinks because he has a shiney that few others have he is special. It is true at this point he does not need justified with any more of your, or my, time.

Agree completely .... Definitely not going on my "friends" list.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    He is merely an elitist that thinks because he has a shiney that few others have he is special. It is true at this point he does not need justified with any more of your, or my, time.

Neither of us were talking to you. I'm not an elitist, because there are many fleets further along than my own. The fact that I'm not sitting here asking for a page one rewrite of the fleet system to cater to my small lazy fleet doesn't make me elitist. Thinking that the world revolves around your needs would make you far more elitist than me. Move along.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Agree completely .... Definitely not going on my "friends" list.

And? I wouldn't be even if I were agreeing with you.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    Neither of us were talking to you. I'm not an elitist, because there are many fleets further along than my own. The fact that I'm not sitting here asking for a page one rewrite of the fleet system to cater to my small lazy fleet doesn't make me elitist. Thinking that the world revolves around your needs would make you far more elitist than me. Move along.

Ok I'll take the bait one last time.

I am capable to thinking beyond myself in this game. I can simply join a mega-fleet and leach off them or open one of the three lockbox ships in my stash if I really want a new toy. My KDF toon did just that to get his fleet ship actually, granted I do contribute a good bit from time to time with him so I'm not a true leach I guess.

But I do not like portions of the playerbase being chased away. Casual Doffers, Small/Family Fleets, and those who 'like' random loot are being chased away. I will not stand idly by and watch changes go live that have that effect without voicing my dissenting opinion about them. Because without them, without all of us for that matter, STO is diminished. And if it becomes too diminished it ceases to be.

Just because YOU don't care if a portion of the playerbase is ticked off due to a change that adds NOTHING to improve the overall game experience as a whole doesn't mean we are all so self centered.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ok I'll take the bait one last time.

I am capable to thinking beyond myself in this game. I can simply join a mega-fleet and leach off them or open one of the three lockbox ships in my stash if I really want a new toy. My KDF toon did just that to get his fleet ship actually, granted I do contribute a good bit from time to time with him so I'm not a true leach I guess.

But I do not like portions of the playerbase being chased away. Casual Doffers, Small/Family Fleets, and those who 'like' random loot are being chased away. I will not stand idly by and watch changes go live that have that effect without voicing my dissenting opinion about them. Because without them, without all of us for that matter, STO is diminished. And if it becomes too diminished it ceases to be.

Just because YOU don't care if a portion of the playerbase is ticked off due to a change that adds NOTHING to improve the overall game experience as a whole doesn't mean we are all so self centered.

They're not being chased off, the pace at wish you progress is up to you. If you want to keep it casual, it's going to take longer. I really don't see what's wrong with that anyway. If the pace was set for small, casual fleets, then all the other fleets would finish too quickly. It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Increased the number of Borg Neural Processors in Omega Conversion Crates.
    Players will have to re-copy characters from Holodeck to see this update.
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Okay, will we lose our character progress if we delete our toons on tribble, and then re-copy them back over?

do we lose our rewards from s6 s7 test weekends for future toons if we delete tribble toon :confused:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    garaks31 wrote: »
    do we lose our rewards from s6 s7 test weekends for future toons if we delete tribble toon :confused:

No you won't.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Setting the click missions aside and not including it in my responses ... So, we now have to spend more time playing the game to get the same amount of dilithium we would have gotten from two or three STF runs because they reduced these.

Am I the only one that sees the failure in that logic? ... more so when you look at the addition of embassies and the cost for gear?

Hint: The INCREASED Dilithium rewards in the Fleet Action content. Maybe you should expand your endgame horizons and play something OTHER than STFs once in a while (maybe while they're on that 60 minute cooldown) if you need more dilithium.

I know right, terrible that they are trying to promote a variety of content for you to play in game to achieve various goals. What are they thinking?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    I thought you were doubling the BNPs we got in our crates.

I just recopied a character to Tribble, and I found a big, grand total of ONE extra Borg Neural Processor.

I had 7.

Should I not have about 14?

SOURCE: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6453601&postcount=145

They did double them...for the case where you only got 1 before, now you get 2. No seriously that is the truth.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Hmm... there is only like 25 spotlights, right? 3x daily would very quickly run out of spotlights.

And if it really took this long to come up with that system of rewards... wow. It took Cryptic 5 months to make the daily only apply to a specific list of Foundry missions.

I hope that we get some details.

Something I would really like to see are "stats" for each mission. Things like average playtime, etc... to help me choose player content that can fit into the maddening grind for diithium. I will not lie, I use the clickers. You may ask why and it is not because I hate the foundry or player made content. It is simply because of the huge need for dilithium in everything versus the strangle hold the devs are placing on how to obtain it. I have been burned before with foundry content and been in very long missions that have reams of text to read. Your average player is not going to want to spend 45 minutes per mission to get 1440 dilithium, especially if they have other toons they are grinding dilithium on.

Maybe this will lead to an improvement Kirk where Foundry missions will now have reward attached to them. Although one would think they would release that alongside this. The concern I have is how will this mess up the Foundry since we cannot really test it?

My point to this is, the devs keep putting the strangle hold on dilithium but are failing to give us the proper tools, i.e. an average run-timer. I think this is the last "hole" the devs perceive they need to plug for this "dilithium deluge" they think they have. It started with DOFF conversion, went to STFs, and now on to the Foundry. Honestly, I would not put it past them to severely nerf in the amount of dilithium you can get from doing doff missions. The 1K dilithium 5-pack mission is a complete joke, especially since it is mainly 5 common doffs!!

The sad thing is all, they built these new systems when all of these "deluges" of dilithium were available to us. They were supposed to be balanced for that, now cutting off the rate of dilithium gain but keeping the costs in the sinks and for items so high, well is a problem. Not to mention the fact that dilithium is not a time based currency, I don't care what they THINK it is, that is not HOW it is.
  • Options
    hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited November 2012
    Is it likely that we will see the Romulan and omega items from a npc vender to test before it goes live?

I asked a lot earlier but it hasnt happened, so is this an idea that isn't going to happen or just taking a long time?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree that fleets are going to be fine... It takes more than a few minor price changes to stop people who actually want to get soemthing done. I will mist being able to get 50 FM for free, but enh...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    They're not being chased off, the pace at wish you progress is up to you. If you want to keep it casual, it's going to take longer. I really don't see what's wrong with that anyway. If the pace was set for small, casual fleets, then all the other fleets would finish too quickly. It's as simple as that.

Really? I have personally witnessed three small fleets wither and the players vanish from game since the launch of the fleet system. They were just fed up. They were not the type of people who post, yes they were the silent majority, they instead played the game then when enough was enough moved on.

It is the people that leave that never say a word why that Cryptic should worry about. Yes, we the vocal minority represent a very small voice, but at least we care enough to say what we feel is wrong.

The entire way dilithium is handled in this game is wrong, at the devs make it worse with each update by removing ways to obtain it and pushing heavy sinks. It may not be them, it may be PWE, but all the recent money ploys, new dilithium hooks and constraints, and changes have me a bit uneasy. To alter a quote from another IP, "The more you tighten your grip on dilithium, Cryptic, the more players will slip through your fingers."

The game is rapidly becoming less and less fun to play with each update.
  • Options
    heinekoheineko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Restrict players to 10 alts max in this game. The 46 klingon accounts have ruined the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
    Catian Atrox Carrier
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can see why the foundry Change happened, I don't like or agree with it but I see why.

Here is a compromise make Fleet marks available for Zen in a 1:7 to 1:10 ratio(1 Zen per every 7-10 Fleet marks.) I know it's not a perfect solution but i'm dedicated to my fleet and fleet mates so i'll drop the cash to keep my small fleet alive.

As I said the change based on Dil is fine but the Fleet marks will destroy small fleets, we don't want to grind over a year to get to T3 from T2 that's just too dang long to grind. Some of us have lives outside of playing STO.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    heineko wrote: »
    Restrict players to 10 alts max in this game. The 46 klingon accounts have ruined the economy.

How have they done that?

If anything, they are the ones that are keeping it alive. Zen doesn't come from nowhere; even if the people that end up using it didn't spend money on it, somebody did. And if those dil-to-zen farmers weren't doing what they are doing, the dil/zen ratio would fall dramatically. It's actually been pretty stable, despite knowing that we're going to need a ton of dil for all the rep stuff, which would drive the purchasing power of zen down to crazy-low levels.

You might be one of those folks that want the dil/zen ratio to go down. But if it does, then less and less people will buy zen to get dil - it just won't be worth it (I'd say it's already too low). And if less people buy zen, Cryptic gets less money from PWE, and we get less content, which is already pathetically low.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The mission on tribble are all in the review stage which is probably why they dont qualify for the rewards yet.

either that or its not set up correctly yet.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The biggest issue I have with the foundry is that the rewards just isn't there for the time invested to get seriously dedicated to.

I play the foundry missions just to escape the massive grind fest that this game is for awhile and enjoy the stories that the players have came up with. I have to admit that it kills it for me when I play a mission that runs for about an hour and get absolutely nothing worthwhile outside of items to sell off.

The console clicker needs to go but this isn't going to turn players on to the foundry missions without some incentive.
  • Options
    odecius1806odecius1806 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am one of those who buy dilithium with zen. I do this without hesitation. However, I'm very guilty of using the quickie clickies for the fleet marks. Throw a bonus on there, and that's 60 fleet marks a pop. Multiply that by my ten alts and pow 600 hundred fleet marks in a real big hurry. I see the posts above saying recruit recruit recruit or join a larger fleet. Well I for one enjoy the small close group of people we have. There are currently a total of eight fleeties contributing to our starbase and we are closing on tier 4 very fast. We have been killing ourselves keeping up with the big boys, but most of us have very "odd" personalities and can't stand not seeing those timers ticking away. All that said a HUGE portion of our progress has been running console clickers on our alts. We all work long and strange hours and are literally spread out around the world. The lose of those quickly and easily obtainable fleet marks is going to be a crushing blow to our progress. We have poured thousands of real world dollars into our base and the game in general and don't begrudge that for one second. We love this game and our fleet. I would love to say I don't give two sh#*!s about the lose of the dilithium, but without the dedication of the dilithium farmers those of us willing to spend the cash to swap zen for it are still SOL. I do strongly agree with earlier posts that said if they're going to take this away, make the officer of the watch missions award the same amount of fleet marks or start selling fleet marks in the C-store or have a fleet mark exchange. While on that topic go all out and sell or have an exchange for all in game currencies. Yes, that would include omega and romulan marks, ecs, everything. That last bit is over the top, but if you want to make a money grab might as well go all out. Now, I'm not complaining about spending money on the game. I have no problem with that at all. In short I will greatly miss the quick and easy fleet marks. :( As a note to the foundry authors. It was never intended as a slap in the face by doing the console clickers. Your hard work and dedication to the foundry is greatly appreciated. I have made a few missions and it is no easy task. The amount of time required is simply enormous. I and several of my fleeties greatly appreciate your time and effort and still play foundry missions for "hang on now" FUN! You all deserve a big thank you. Thank you! And end rant. Take care all and safe journeys.
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I think it could work if it was individually broken up, with the dilithium tweaked. If folks got 15k dilithium for playing the weekly spotlight during that week, it would be a really big event

And every replay of a spotlight earns say 600 dilithium, without a need to play 3 per day to get something.

It's going to totally give the shaft to every non-spotlight mission though if you only get dilithium for the spotlight or former spotlights. People already complain about there not being enough rewards now, what if there were no rewards? Of course there's always the reward of the story, but it would be nice to have exp and such attached too.

Or maybe I misunderstood and you're just saying that in addition to the other rewards, the spotlight would have a large reward attached? I'm fine with that.

In fact, maybe they should add a reward to playing the Foundry contest submissions and submitting a vote, that would actually encourage more participation there.
  • Options
    meeheemeehee Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2012
    Heres my prediction about the nerfing of the clickies..... First small fleets are completely screwed now, there is no viable way to get enough dilithium or fleet marks in a reasonable time to make progressing a fleet starbase worthwhile.

Secondly the dilithium market is going to collapse now. I will admit i am a dilithium farmer, and i sure as hell am not going to dedicate mass hours of my life every day replaying the same content to get dilithium, and with the mass dilithium requirements even solo play requires i wont be selling any dilithium anytime soon.

So congratulations Cryptic your complete lack of business sense is going to cost you a lot of money now, as what dilithium trickles into the store will be vastly expensive and put off anyone thinking about it....

But hey who am i kidding, we all know Cryptic's lack of business ethics means that when the dilithium market crashes Cryptic themselfs will just pump dilithium into the exchange and since its an anonymous system we will never know.
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am with Cryptic on this one regarding the console clickys, and I say that as someone who uses those "missions" frequently for the sheer convenience. But i would not one minute forget that it is an obvious exploit.

I run 6 alts through them every 3 days on average and that is some dilithium that is very welcome.

But I will most definitely play more serious Foundry missions once the farming is out of the way.

It is so easy to farm atm, that most of us forget to play.

The Fleet Starbases are really something that should happen sort of by itself while you are playing.

Now I also read some suggestions that would help without being exploits.

We could use a Report to Duty mission on the starbase that rewards some dilithium, maybe 480. That would not be much, but better than nothing, not so exploitable and puts actual traffic on the base.
    Either add a second mission to the Officer of the Watch or combine it with the existing daily.

The existing daily reward should receive another 0. So 50 instead of 5 Fleet marks.

That would solve the problems half the people in this thread have with the change.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2012
    W
    Foundry:
    • Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.

Dear Mr BranFlakes

I appreciate that if you are removing one clicking console dailies it was cause it could be considered an exploit. However please add fleet marks, more xp, more ec, item rewards to pvp as it puts a few of us who choose to PvP to rank up (especially using fed toons) at a significant disadvantage, where we used the dailies just to give us that added boost and reward for actually pvp'ing.

It cannot be that hard to add what is being requested to pvp and if we are all honest, why on earth have you not? Especially Capture and Hold and Assault Scenarios which should reward you for bothering to fight over "resources" as stated in their description. Failure to continually ignore a significant portion of your player base just generates apathetic attitudes towards you.

Regards a PvPer and KDF Player
  • Options
    rachel1018rachel1018 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :::: ROTFLMAO .... I'm not even going to justify that and your next with a response.

Just another elitist troll. Nothing new to forums, and certainly nothing new to mmos. Best way to fight them is just to ignore them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    How have they done that?

If anything, they are the ones that are keeping it alive. Zen doesn't come from nowhere; even if the people that end up using it didn't spend money on it, somebody did. And if those dil-to-zen farmers weren't doing what they are doing, the dil/zen ratio would fall dramatically. It's actually been pretty stable, despite knowing that we're going to need a ton of dil for all the rep stuff, which would drive the purchasing power of zen down to crazy-low levels.

You might be one of those folks that want the dil/zen ratio to go down. But if it does, then less and less people will buy zen to get dil - it just won't be worth it (I'd say it's already too low). And if less people buy zen, Cryptic gets less money from PWE, and we get less content, which is already pathetically low.

This. The Zen bought with dilithium isn't coming from Cryptic/PWE, it's coming from other players spending the money of a resource they need and others are providing. But the lower the rate goes the less money PWE will be seeing. Once it hits a certain point you know they'll pull the plug, and with tactics like this (continual introduction of dilithium sinks coming with reductions in ways to obtain it) they only did it to themselves.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    saedeith wrote: »
    The biggest issue I have with the foundry is that the rewards just isn't there for the time invested to get seriously dedicated to.

I play the foundry missions just to escape the massive grind fest that this game is for awhile and enjoy the stories that the players have came up with. I have to admit that it kills it for me when I play a mission that runs for about an hour and get absolutely nothing worthwhile outside of items to sell off.

The console clicker needs to go but this isn't going to turn players on to the foundry missions without some incentive.

The only way they'll truly encourage players to actually play a foundry quest are to give them actual rewards. Otherwise the same crowd that has been will continue to peruse and enjoy and the rest will just ignore them since most could care less for just doing something for the experience in a game these days.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    You know, as an avid user of these quickie missions, I thought I would be more upset about the imminent removal of them.
    The thing is, without them there I no longer need my many alts that did them. Which means I will spend less time ingame as I cannot do them, and have more time to my normal dailies on my two main toons.

I might have more time now to do a foundry mission more regularly, though I wont be doing the daily as doing three normal foundry missions is not worth 1440 Dilithium to me....
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another possibility to do when closing up that hole ...

Increase the officer of the watch daily from 5 to 50 (or even 25) fleet marks + add 480 dilithium.

Then ...

Double the amount of dilithium on the Academy Lore mission from 480 to 960. (or add in another Lore type mission that has to do with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition done like the lore missions but put it on Drozana)

Two to three locations means travel time and the Officer of the Watch takes a little longer to run than just clicking the console ... but its better cause you get to close the one exploit while continuing to offer more ways to get dilithium in game which is what they say they are trying to do anyway.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another possibility to do when closing up that hole ...

Increase the officer of the watch daily from 5 to 50 (or even 25) fleet marks + add 480 dilithium.

Then ...

Double the amount of dilithium on the Academy Lore mission from 480 to 960. (or add in another Lore type mission that has to do with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition done like the lore missions but put it on Drozana)

Two to three locations means travel time and the Officer of the Watch takes a little longer to run than just clicking the console ... but its better cause you get to close the one exploit while continuing to offer more ways to get dilithium in game which is what they say they are trying to do anyway.

+1 for officer of the watch