test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 8, 2012

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.10

General:
  • Fixed various speeling and gramar issues throughout New Romulus.
  • Into the Hive: After completing the optional objective the "failed" interact button will no longer incorrectly appear.
  • Tractor Beam Repulsors will no longer allow its Kinetic Damage to gain benefit from Particle Generators skill twice.
  • Tooltips for Resistance have been updated.
    • Season 7 tooltips have been reporting different values from Season 6.
      • These were just text differences in how the values displayed were calculated, the underlying power values have not changed at all.
    • Tooltips for Resistance, such as damage resistance, will now say "Resistance Rating" instead of just "Resistance".
      • This is just a text change.
  • Increased the number of Borg Neural Processors in Omega Conversion Crates.
    • Players will have to re-copy characters from Holodeck to see this update.
  • Embassy Update: Added Additional Duty Officer Assignment Slot functionality.
    • These can be purchased from the Consumables vendor in the Shuttle Bay, upon unlocking the appropriate Recruitment Tier.
  • Resolved an issue that caused higher ranks of Dampening Field to appear on top of the caster rather than the target.

Foundry:
  • Updated the requirements for the Investigate Officer Reports (Foundry) Daily.
    • Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.
    • The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.
  • Foundry: Resolved an issue that prevented the use of custom costumes.
  • Re-resolved the issue that prevented interacting with objects and contacts through forcefields and other similar objects.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.10

General:
    • Fixed various speeling and gramar issues throughout New Romulus.

So, you sent the Romulans back to school, to learn how to spell, huh? Maybe you need to join them, Bran....
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm very pleased to see these foundry changes. Please don't take this the wrong way, I mean it in the positive sense: "Better late than never"!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    [/LIST]
    So, you sent the Romulans back to school, to learn how to spell, huh? Maybe you need to join them, Bran....

It are sopposed to bee a joke :P + I didn't write the notes, I'm just posting them for Manus... I mean Rebecca... I mean Zero.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]Increased the number of Borg Neural Processors in Omega Conversion Crates.

Lol, I turned all of my stuff in. I still doubt that the increase would be worth more than the dilithium I got from turning in all of my loot :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand that first Foundry change...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Foundry:
      • Now, only projects that normally reward XP and EC will count towards completion.
      • The Foundry mission description will now indicate when it will not count towards the Foundry mission daily.
    • Foundry: Resolved an issue that prevented the use of custom costumes.
    • Re-resolved the issue that prevented interacting with objects and contacts through forcefields and other similar objects.

Does this mean you are TRIBBLE with the quick Foundry dailies? ... Making them useless?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    edited November 2012
    [/LIST]

No doubt you have just been accepted to the Vulcan Academy for Joke Depreciation.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Foundry:

Can you say more here, devs? Projects don't normally reward XP and EC, do they? Who and what determines whether a mission counts?

I don't understand what this is saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]Tractor Beam Repulsors will no longer allow its Kinetic Damage to gain benefit from Particle Generators skill twice.

This is awesome! Death by TBR was getting annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited November 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    I don't understand that first Foundry change...

It means that instead of clicking a console once and it counting for three console clicking missions... you will now have to go an do something in a mission that rewards ec or xp (i.e. kill an npc) for it to qualify for the daily.

So add about 60 seconds onto the 2 second console clickers.

This may present interesting problems for the completion of non-combat missions that want to be compatible for daily completion.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    It means that instead of clicking a console once and it counting for three console clicking missions... you will now have to go an do something in a mission that rewards ec or xp (i.e. kill an npc) for it to qualify for the daily.

This may present interesting problems for the completion of non-combat missions that want to be compatible for daily completion.

Yeah that's much my reading of it too. Will be interesting to see what this actually involves.

Hopefully it's an exploit removal and note just a way to make dilithium more scarce :P
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Yeah that's much my reading of it too. Will be interesting to see what this actually involves.

Hopefully it's an exploit removal and note just a way to make dilithium more scarce :P

I'm betting its trying to force players to grind harder for dilithium.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    edited November 2012

But missions don't reward ECs. You might get stuff that you can sell. And, I also wonder how this affects non-combat diplomacy missions.

Do my diplomatic missions like "The Needs of the Few" no longer count, because nobody dies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Foundry:

kirksplat wrote: »
    Can you say more here, devs? Projects don't normally reward XP and EC, do they? Who and what determines whether a mission counts?

Actually, any project that includes at least one go here, shoot this awards a tiny bit of xp. Doesn't it ? XP per kill. The only xp you can get in the Foundry. Am I wrong ?
    I don't understand the ec thing though. Not even a little.
    Still this does seem to be intended to nerf the console clickers.
    if so.
    this is my favorite update ever.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    I'm betting its trying to force players to grind harder for dilithium.

If that's being done by removing the console clickers I say that's fair game, and I know that'll be an unpopular statement, and I get why. Heck I've used them myself on occasion, and I suspect a vast majority of players have being realistic.

That said it's exploitative and we all know that, if they've found a way to prevent it, and to apply EC and Xp to foundry missions that involve, y'know, doing something? I say that's perfectly reasonable. I suspect this is the case as we've heard of similar tech being developed for Neverwinter

If it is, as others suspect, some clever mechanic to increase dilithium grinding? i.e. all missions must be half hour long or longer, than I call foul on them.

Time will tell of course.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been known to use the clickies..... Mainly because I want the FM. But yeah, it's not the way the system was designed to wark.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That's a pathetic increase to Borg Neural Processors.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    ST.25.20121026a.10

General:

Increased the number of Borg Neural Processors in Omega Conversion Crates.
    Players will have to re-copy characters from Holodeck to see this update.

Okay, will we lose our character progress if we delete our toons on tribble, and then re-copy them back over?
    edited November 2012
    NONE of the current Foundry missions on Tribble are eligable for the daily.

Just checked by logging onto tribble and each one I've seen so far says not considered for it. (including non-console clicking missions)

I'm thinking just Foundry spotlight missions now?

edited November 2012
    But missions don't reward ECs. You might get stuff that you can sell. And, I also wonder how this affects non-combat diplomacy missions.

Do my diplomatic missions like "The Needs of the Few" no longer count, because nobody dies?

I haven't played your mission yet, to my shame, but if there are no npcs that are to be killed then it would seem to be incompatible with the daily now.

Right now on a level 17 alt, I get 1 expertise (which I assume is what it means when it says XP) for killing 1 npc. So it would qualify for the daily.
    edited November 2012
    But the question is: How much xp? Is killing an incredibly weak mob of targs just once any different than scanning a console? Add friendly npcs to the scenario...

We need more details, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Are you guys ever going to fix the bridges so that the boffs feet don't fall into the floor? Also, the Account Bank was never added to the Belfast bridge.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    heh , I was about to comment on the grinding statement as well.

The Investigate Officer Reports mission was never meant as a "grind" mission. It's intent is obvious. To give you the opportunity to earn a decent amount of Dil by playing a few cool foundry missions. It was never meant to be a daily one stop Dil shop right outside the transporter room on ESD, or Insulting the prophets , whatever. It's meant to encourage you to play through some cool stories if the Foundry is your thing.

If making the console clickers no longer a viable way to earn Dil, means more "grinding" for the Dil in some people's opinions ... sorry ... I don't care. Anyone who complains about this, I just don't care. If this nerfs the console clickers I say Cheerio ! pip ! Pip ! Huzzah ! Sorry if it makes anyone sad , but this is a good thing.

Now I too want the answers to some of kirkfats questions, even if I dont like the answers.
    What about diplomacy missions ?
    What does it mean , missions that award xp or ec ?
    More details would be nice.

But at the outset of what I read here. Yup , they are nerfing console clickers. If that means unfortunately diplomatic , non combat missions have to be left aside as well, shrug, I will be sad , but it will be a sacrifice I think is worth it to eliminate the clickers.

Just my 2 latinum
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tobar26th wrote: »
    If that's being done by removing the console clickers I say that's fair game, and I know that'll be an unpopular statement, and I get why. Heck I've used them myself on occasion, and I suspect a vast majority of players have being realistic.

That said it's exploitative and we all know that, if they've found a way to prevent it, and to apply EC and Xp to foundry missions that involve, y'know, doing something? I say that's perfectly reasonable. I suspect this is the case as we've heard of similar tech being developed for Neverwinter

If it is, as others suspect, some clever mechanic to increase dilithium grinding? i.e. all missions must be half hour long or longer, than I call foul on them.

Time will tell of course.

They should have fixed it back when they realized it was a problem. This is BS. I dont have the time to grind out lots of dilithium, infact half the time I have about 20 minutes to log in on all my characters and get my dilithium by clicking the console and now my one source of dilithium is going away... Cryptic is ensuring that I dont want to play their game anymore.
    7NGGeUP.png

edited November 2012
    I haven't played your mission yet, to my shame, but if there are no npcs that are to be killed then it would seem to be incompatible with the daily now.

Right now on a level 17 alt, I get 1 expertise (which I assume is what it means when it says XP) for killing 1 npc. So it would qualify for the daily.

If this is true, it's really unfortunate, and it makes me angry. One of the most common complaints about this game is that it doesn't feel much like Trek because all we do is "pew pew pwe."

I put a ton of work into the stories of my diplomatic missions, in an effort to add more Trek back into this game, and lots of folks seem to really enjoy the change of pace and the stories.

So, my 45 minute diplomatic missions may have just got nerfed, while a new 3 minute mission to kill a group of targs may count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't think there's any point speculating about what the Foundry change means, it's incredibly vague.

We'll need clarification.

Also on twitter branflakes says it doesn't stop non-combat missions from counting in the investigate officer reports daily.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited November 2012
    They should have fixed it back when they realized it was a problem. This is BS. I dont have the time to grind out lots of dilithium, infact half the time I have about 20 minutes to log in on all my characters and get my dilithium by clicking the console and now my one source of dilithium is going away... Cryptic is ensuring that I dont want to play their game anymore.

It's also something that ... again ... will ding small fleets hard as its not just the dilithium but the easy fleet marks that we're losing.

edited November 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Don't think there's any point speculating about what the Foundry change means, it's incredibly vague.

We'll need clarification.

Also on twitter branflakes says it doesn't stop non-combat missions from counting in the investigate officer reports daily.

Then why are none of the missions on Tribble currently usable for the daily?

• darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012

genhauk wrote: »
    Does this mean you are TRIBBLE with the quick Foundry dailies? ... Making them useless?

If it does then I can finally delete all my other toons but one, and spend less time ingame as I wont be grinding the daily anymore......
    edited November 2012
    hippiejohn wrote:

But at the outset of what I read here. Yup , they are nerfing console clickers. If that means unfortunately diplomatic , non combat missions have to be left aside as well, shrug, I will be sad , but it will be a sacrifice I think is worth it to eliminate the clickers.

Just my 2 latinum

I get you're saying, but you're also a fellow author. If all you had to do to make a mission count was give the player one thing to kill... what is the best min. play time that you could achieve?

I'm pretty sure that I could make a 9 second mission that counts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]