test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hehe, turns out losing a lawsuit to CBS did not absolve him of his legal responsibility to his donors. He has to either give back their money or make the Axanar film. :p (note this is at least part speculation on my part)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Star Trek fan films have existed for almost as long as Star Trek has. But what happens when they are actually pretty good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxOkhC8-u3s
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    With all of the absurdity that happened with the lawsuit I have no interest in this project at all
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    IF he actually delivers to the people who donated and got ripped off...
    We'll see what happens.

And before anyone goes after me for any reason... I'll be happy that people who had been looking forward to this for years will finally get it. I have no problem with the idea of Axanar itself. Its the guy behind it and his methods I have issue with.
    The ship itself looks interesting, and for the most part does look like it would fit in the TOS era and TOS asthetics. That Deflector Dish looks more TMP era.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    garaks31 wrote: »
    Star Trek fan films have existed for almost as long as Star Trek has. But what happens when they are actually pretty good?
    CBS likes them. Peters didn't get sued because of the quality of the Axanar project. He got sued because he was using the donations to pay himself a salary. Oh, also he testified in court that he hadn't actually started making the Axanar film at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Meh. I quite enjoyed 'Continues' and I've watched it alongside TOS. It actually feels a lot like TOS (a show I actually do like, even if I don't consider it holy writ). I've never felt any other fan series has captured the look or feeling of the series.

Axanar seems to be trying to mesh the Kelvin era with the TOS era instead of trying to ignore TOS, which hurts it's potential. Plus it's going to be completely incompatible with DSC which means it's just going to lose all impact.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    garaks31 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxOkhC8-u3s

the 3. post was partially quoted. here is the full post.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    People still care about that scumbag's movie?
    edited June 2019
    the parties have settled, they moved on ... the team have permission to finish the project. many people are working on this.

all but two professional actors are still there, who must have read the scripts, to join the project. before and now

for example, just cause some don't like Burnham or the ambiance of the project. doesn't mean dscvry shouldn't be anymore ...
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    Peters did do a rather dickish move, which caused this whole fiasco.
    But as I said before... I'll be happy that the Axanar supporters may finally get what they wanted.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    azrael605 wrote: »
    1. I do not believe Peters will ever actually produce a product, he certainly had no intention to before the lawsuit or it would have happened, at the very least there would have been a script which there was not.

2. Even if he actually does produce the "film" I won't be watching it due to my disgust at the aforementioned douchebag scam "artist".
    To my understanding he's legally obligated to make it. He accepted funds for that purpose after all...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Meh. I quite enjoyed 'Continues' and I've watched it alongside TOS. It actually feels a lot like TOS (a show I actually do like, even if I don't consider it holy writ). I've never felt any other fan series has captured the look or feeling of the series.

Axanar seems to be trying to mesh the Kelvin era with the TOS era instead of trying to ignore TOS, which hurts it's potential. Plus it's going to be completely incompatible with DSC which means it's just going to lose all impact.

Not really...I see it opposite. NOT ignoring TOS and ignoring DSC will be it's STRENGTH. There are a lot of fans out there who do consider TOS 'holy writ', as you put it. Not all of us think DCS is the greatest Trek out there, sorry, Artan. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    > @garaks31 said:
    > the parties have settled, they moved on ... many people are working on this. for example, just cause some don't like Burnham or the ambiance of the project. doesn't mean dscvry shouldn't be anymore ...

Discovery is an actual product of the IP made by the IP owners. Axanar is an imaginary project never meant to be made and has no connection whatsoever to the IP owners. And frankly I would rather cut off peters hair and use it to wipe my TRIBBLE than ever let him alone again.

Well, not everyone cars for IP anymore.....fans of Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who and so on are not happy how things are going. Personally if someone who is NOT an IP owner can make a BETTER thing than the IP owners, which I see more and more of....I'll go with the non IP stuff.

Takes more than a brand and a team of suits to make me watch something.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    jexsamx wrote: »

I do. Unlike anything CBS/Paramount made in the past 15 years, I liked Axanar. I'll be seeing it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Not really...I see it opposite. NOT ignoring TOS and ignoring DSC will be it's STRENGTH. There are a lot of fans out there who do consider TOS 'holy writ', as you put it. Not all of us think DCS is the greatest Trek out there, sorry, Artan. :)

TOS has been almost fully ignored by every instalment of the franchise since TMP. Axanar deciding to not ignore it will make it stand out as fanfiction more than anything else it'll do.

I also don't think 'DSC is the greatest Trek out there'. I think DS9 is. I just like DSC and don't consider it the embodiment of all evil others consider it as. It's no DS9 but thankfully it's also not VGR (thank the gods).
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

> @garaks31 said:
    > the parties have settled, they moved on ... many people are working on this. for example, just cause some don't like Burnham or the ambiance of the project. doesn't mean dscvry shouldn't be anymore ...

Discovery is an actual product of the IP made by the IP owners. Axanar is an imaginary project never meant to be made and has no connection whatsoever to the IP owners. And frankly I would rather cut off peters hair and use it to wipe my TRIBBLE than ever let him alone again.

Well, not everyone cars for IP anymore.....fans of Trek, Star Wars, Dr Who and so on are not happy how things are going. Personally if someone who is NOT an IP owner can make a BETTER thing than the IP owners, which I see more and more of....I'll go with the non IP stuff.

Takes more than a brand and a team of suits to make me watch something.

Nope. I'm a fan of all three and perfectly happy with the direction Disney and CBS are taking their franchises and consider them vast improvements over the rut those franchises were in at their lowest points (RotJ and VGR).
    Doctor Who, I have no issue with the direction the franchise is going but I do have an issue with the writing and ongoing arcs that are the worst I've seen outside of McCoys first series.

So yeah, try not to say fans when you mean 'you'.

#TASforSTO

jexsamx wrote: »
    I do. Unlike anything CBS/Paramount made in the past 15 years, I liked Axanar. I'll be seeing it.
    I wonder if they've changed the script from... well... this.... https://axanarsporking.wordpress.com/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,475 Arc User
    My main concern with how Axanar has changed over the last 24 months. The initial video was excellent. However, on their facebook page of late there has been increasing, what seems to be attacks against CBS and discovery. I dont mean good natured discussion but what seems to be intentional stirring up the fanbase.

This concerns me, it seems Peters has become increasing poisoned and isnt rising above it to get his own thing completed.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    foxman00 wrote: »
    My main concern with how Axanar has changed over the last 24 months. The initial video was excellent. However, on their facebook page of late there has been increasing, what seems to be attacks against CBS and discovery. I dont mean good natured discussion but what seems to be intentional stirring up the fanbase.

This concerns me, it seems Peters has become increasing poisoned and isnt rising above it to get his own thing completed.
    He'd always encouraged his fans to act like he was better than the CBS writers. Is this from him or allowed by him?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

It's not recent. Attacks on CBS and deification of Peters has been going on since before he got his rear handed to him by CBS.

#TASforSTO

He'd always encouraged his fans to act like he was better than the CBS writers. Is this from him or allowed by him?

So, far, CBS has not impressed me.

dvZq2Aj.jpg

It's not recent. Attacks on CBS and deification of Peters has been going on since before he got his rear handed to him by CBS.

Hope Anas Abdin gets CBS's butts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSwdJN7pGGo

LOVE this comment.
    I’ve been following this since the lawsuit started, CBS needs a good kicking, first they shut down anything fan related then they steal someone’s hard work. Two faced much?

dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.