What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOTICE: Cryptic Points will be converting to Zen soon

Comments

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    correct me if i am incorrect but erm isn't the faq an official answer? given that it is written by pwe. just throwing that out there. totally off the wall idea.
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    correct me if i am incorrect but erm isn't the faq an official answer? given that it is written by pwe. just throwing that out there. totally off the wall idea.

If you were talking to me, The FAQ doesn't answer my question.

Currently I have some CPoints that were left-over from a CPoint purchase before the stipends were started. These points are currently unbound, and I can use them in any Cryptic game I wish. When this conversion happens, will I get "unbound" Zen? Or will my Zen be limited to spending just in STO or Champs, or as the Faq suggested yesterday, will my Zen be locked to a single game? And if so, do I get to choose which game?

Even though I purchased the points long before I started playing Champions, I've got a Silver account at CO, and I'm saving up via Questionite grinding (their version of Dilithium), for some C-Store items. I want to know if I'm suddenly going to be set back in that saving up process, by the 80CP or so that I've had available to me over there.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    the way i read it c-points already in game (as it were) would be locked to that game and converted to zen. Not sure about the ones you mention though because as I recall if you bought your c-points on the cryptic website they were immediately available in either game.. is my memory right there?

bran said he would talk to someone about unbound points, but I would imagine these would simply become unbound zen sitting in your wallet ready to transfer to CO or STO or any other PWE game should you choose.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's what I figure. If you bought c-points, and they're not promotional point stipends, I figure they'll just be converted to zen which you can use universally.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it makes no difference to me now.
    I have made my last purchase.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for letting us know.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hartzilla wrote: »
    There is a simple solution to that, its called paypal.

Since I so far have felt no need to use paypal for anything, how would that solve the desire not to hand my CC info off to another company? It would solve concerns with handing it off to PWE, but PWE specifically isn't my concern.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    kimmera - i said it above but I will say it again because I guess it didnt stand out

you WILL still be able to use steam - you just won't be buying cpoints you will be buying zen.

happy? no need to give your details to anyone else but steam ( a company who I might add were also TRIBBLE last year which may or may not have resulted in the theft of credit cards and personal details - as yet they can't confirm there was no data taken. sound familiar?)
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes. You will notice all of your balances go up (if you have any), but that also means C-Store prices will increase (even though the actual conversion price to IRL currency stays the same as it was if it were C-Store Points). The dilithium exchange will be adjusted for this change, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well, that is kinda good. All we need now is the ability to add custom amounts of zen to a game to buy a cash shop, instead of adding increments that are either too large or too small.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tharkan wrote: »
    Well, that is kinda good. All we need now is the ability to add custom amounts of zen to a game to buy a cash shop, instead of adding increments that are either too large or too small.

Good idea.
  • Options
    nekhronnekhron Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No biggie for me...

As long as I continue to get my monthly allotment I am entitled to as Lifer.:biggrin:
  • Options
    bugsyboi10bugsyboi10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    can i just say that this Earn Zen is the same rubbish cash for action that doesnt work on any other game either... i done every free one there and how much did i get ? 30 yes 30 the one for 242 gave me 15 the toluna one nothing, But ofcourse this isnt gona be Cryptics problem its the Cash for action peoples and visaversa on the other side

Ditch the Free Zen its a waste of players time Cash for Action sucks
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is anyone else reminded of the "Atari Tokens" currency merger with this "Zen" thing?

Why can't we keep our Cryptic Points? Is it really that terrible a thing to have a little variety?
  • Options
    dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is anyone else reminded of the "Atari Tokens" currency merger with this "Zen" thing?

Why can't we keep our Cryptic Points? Is it really that terrible a thing to have a little variety?

They're hoping that if you have cash that is valid in other PW games, you'll hop on and spend some in those too...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    some folks over on pwi forum claimed they did quite well from the free zen but all i ever got was spam in the mailboxes i used - and no zen. guess I just wasnt lucky (seldom am)
  • Options
    orinzorinz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Question,

If one was to purchase the Collector's Edition and it is received after the change will they still receive the bonus CP but in Zen, or would they not receive anything.
  • Options
    jaes76jaes76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Has anyone else bought Zen points? I did and it charged my credit card, and after about 2-3 hours, Im still waiting for it to stop the "reviewing" process. What are they reviewing? They already have my money. I want my points.

Any one else having an issue similar to this?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    the first purchase often takes a few hours to go through, if it hasnt gone through within about 10 hours raise a ticket. subsequent purchases go through instantly ( at least they do with paypal)
  • Options
    firemedicneofiremedicneo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ok i just bought your zen and im waiting for appoval for the last hous after i verified my credit card twice WTF
  • Options
    firemedicneofiremedicneo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this is BS if i buy something i expect to use it right away just like i could with the old cyptic points
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    this is BS if i buy something i expect to use it right away just like i could with the old cyptic points

This seems to be happening a lot. It seems to be tied to "first time purchases".. I suspect they're putting the purchase on a 24 hour hold or something, just to stop people from using stolen credit cards, that gives the ACH 24 hours to decline the transaction.

Others have stated that once the first purchase goes through (the validation time can be several hours at least) the future purchases are almost instantaneous.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My first time purchase via Google Wallet took only 15-20min
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think the point is that it can vary wildly, depending on many factors.. your country of origin, time of day when you execute the purchase, payment method you used, whether your account with said service is "verified" or not, etc etc.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I've seen reports of "half an hour" and I've seen reports of "hours". So I'd say give it some time. if it hasn't cleared in 24-48 hours, file a support ticket with PWE's billing department.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm... Well... Just another nail in the coffin for my purchase of in-game store items.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    murmurhem187murmurhem187 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Notice: I will not be buying Zen, ever. I am only one man, so no one will care. That is all.
    Koopa27 -X-treme
  • Options
    darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    here is a question.

what happens if play has a odd number of points?

did the math player say has 901 points

doing the math 80 cp = 100 zen

that leaves you 21 cp.

doing the 4 cp = 5 zen

that leaves 1 cp.

what happens to that 1 cp ?
  • Options
    lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm fine with this change. This one makes a lot of sense.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darthorici wrote: »
    doing the 4 cp = 5 zen

that leaves 1 cp.

what happens to that 1 cp ?

I think you just uncovered the "Salami_Inferno" scheme. :biggrin: (With apologies to our fair dev.)
    But it's a reasonable question.

One of the details that seems to have been missed in this discussion is that PWE Zen's North America Region defaults to USD with no apparent option to change.

For Canadian STO players accustomed to buying C-Points directly from Cryptic in CAD, this (currently) means less bang for our buck. Exactly like using the USD-only Steam Wallet. The exchange rate isn't too bad, but throw in foreign processing fees on top of that and it adds up to real money.

It's not on the scale in which Microsoft XBL points cost more in Canada (a 0.7 ratio instead of 0.8, no matter the exchange rate). But still, it's much the same issue as our EU/UK/AUS friends concerned at the exchange rate. Yes the Zen/CP math works out the same, that's fine. But the real currency rates are volatile. Let's not lose sight of that as a legitimate concern when it comes to payment choices and value.

For myself, today I went to my neighbourhood 7-11 for a slurpee and two $10 Zen points cards. That way I got exercise and a slurpee for the same $22.56. ;) The redeem process was really quite painless despite all the extra clicks. However, that is a walk I will not be making very often in the winter; so unless the exchange rate swings back, my impulse PayPal purchases just went out the airlock. :rolleyes:

"You're messing with my zen thing, man." ~ Flynn
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It was bound to happen, as long as prices don't go up in value and stay the same or go down I'll be content. However if any dishonestly with the prices are found out, I am sure you'll hear about it from the community.

As far as currency changes and exchange rates, I'm from Australia so I am already whacked by it, so if I can live with it I am sure the US, UK etc members will get used to it too.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you greedy.....my god...so jack up all the prices....can we finally get some content..or is PWE going to continue to exploit this and CO for profit with little to no return?
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007