What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOTICE: Cryptic Points will be converting to Zen soon

Comments

• Options
    robbdirerobbdire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm as a LTS for both CO and STO I was hoping this change would merge the totals and let me use them as a I see fit, unfortunately they appear to be still locked to each game.

Why keep them locked? I am an LTS to both, just merge the totals as you merged our accounts and let us use the totals as we see fit.

Meh.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    robbdire wrote: »
    Why keep them locked? I am an LTS to both, just merge the totals as you merged our accounts and let us use the totals as we see fit.

Monetary reasons.
    If they would change it, suddenly some peeps would start to cry: Why not unlock them in general?
    Resulting in problems with other PWE-Games.

So they keep it as it is.
    (other reasons is, keeping you buying ZEN if you can't wait for your stipend long enough).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sorwensorwen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kimmym wrote: »
    Again, I can't devote the morning to this thread, but I saw this and was curious. I'm not a player of those other games, but as I understood it, the resources you mentioned were similar to Dilithium, not C-Store points. When you go to buy points from PWE the only option I have ever seen is for Zen. Again, I can't verify any of that, as I don't play any other PWE game then STO, but I have never seen an option to buy any of the currencies you have mentioned in this post.

Edit: new forums are odd, it quoted the wrong post...
    No. You buy Zen then you transfer it to the game and it is converted to the currency of the game. So for instance you buy Zen then transfer it to Forsaken World where it becomes Eyrda Leafs. Basically like CP point have been till now. As the person you quote above points out it is really strange because the other games have been using their own currency for a long time.
    Forever and always forward
  • Options
    clusterfoxclusterfox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I asked this in the billing thread, but no-one ever answers questions there, so I'll ask here, too.

When I bought c-points via paypal, I was asked for the relevant email address and name. When I try to buy zen via paypal, I'm asked for my postal address, telephone number... Is this really "necessary for verification", or just a grab for my personal details? If it's the latter, it's going to be a long time before PWE gets any more money from me, and I used to spend a lot on c-points...
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    clusterfox wrote: »
    I asked this in the billing thread, but no-one ever answers questions there, so I'll ask here, too.

When I bought c-points via paypal, I was asked for the relevant email address and name. When I try to buy zen via paypal, I'm asked for my postal address, telephone number... Is this really "necessary for verification", or just a grab for my personal details? If it's the latter, it's going to be a long time before PWE gets any more money from me, and I used to spend a lot on c-points...

When I used paypal, it just sent me to the Paypal site, I used my Paypal login and sent them money.

TBH, Paypal sends your name and address anyways as "purchaser details" when you use it -- I'm not sure why you'd be asked for it a second time.
    edited June 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    When I used paypal, it just sent me to the Paypal site, I used my Paypal login and sent them money.

TBH, Paypal sends your name and address anyways as "purchaser details" when you use it -- I'm not sure why you'd be asked for it a second time.

I used to get sent to paypal by the old site. Now, with zen, I have to create some sort of profile. I could understand for paying by credit card, but paypal is supposed to avoid all that.

And I'd forgotten paypal gives them that information...
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will Dilithium mission rewards be increased as well ?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    clusterfox wrote: »
    I used to get sent to paypal by the old site. Now, with zen, I have to create some sort of profile. I could understand for paying by credit card, but paypal is supposed to avoid all that.

And I'd forgotten paypal gives them that information...

My apologies, yes PW does have address/phone info on file....

I don't know if they still want this information if you use a pre-paid card or not -- I already gave them the information, I'm used to forking it over for people I'm giving money to, as far as marketing concerns -- utility companies sell it anyways, and as I mentioned, Paypal also gives it to them.
    edited June 2012
    With paypal already giving them my details, I've got no issue with giving it to them myself. In fact, I may have to buy myself an Armitage and some doffs later...

It just looked like a blatant grab for personal info, and given the history of MMO account security... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE has done something right! Their PWE cards seem to be abailable a lot more commonly than most others are. For Canada, that is exceptionally rare. These things are pretty easy to claim also so that's definitely a bonus of not having to jump through hoops to claim them. However, I would like to see the system ingame adapted so I don't have to exit the game to use my credit card. I also want to be able to purchase gift cards for freinds.

I also see a lot of people not happy with the PWE system for security. Let me remind this community that Cryptic's joke for security got our accounts exposed a while back and it took them how long to even tell us?!
  • Options
    theirishman90theirishman90 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why did they have to go and change everything? I don't even play perfect world. I have 2 characters on it but I just can't get used to the game play style. >_< ^&%$^%& Cryptic
    Brandon Lovett@Cpt.Lovett
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So are we going to have another round of dimishing returns or what?

And what will this do to Stipeds? Are we getting 400 Zen now?
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    please read the FAQ linked in the first post of the thread folks - almost all these repeated queries have been answered now. here it is for those too tired to press the << First link: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136
  • Options
    omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    source is https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136
    Q: I still have a Cryptic Points balance in STO/CO, what will happen to it?
    No points will be taken away when the currency is changed, instead, your balance will increase 25%.

is 25% correct ??? please double check this! if its true then ...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    omniusexor wrote: »
    source is https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136

is 25% correct ??? please double check this! if its true then ...

It's just to make up for the difference.

80 cp = 100 Zen.

So, when they do the coversion, they add 25%: 80 * 1.25 = 100.
    edited June 2012
    Q: What happens to the Dilithium / Questionite Currency Exchange in-game? Will the price range be adjusted?
    Yes, the price range will be adjusted.

Some people have sold alot of c point in the dil exchange of late with the hightened prices. Will banked dillithium in accounts also be getting "readjusted"?

Or are we now being forced to loose C points, buy selling dil at heightened prices, in order to get the 25% bonus.?
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I understand things are in crazy transition mode right now, but after the complete Zen switch happens, am I going to have to keep manually distributing my Zen between CO and STO (or other PWE games for that matter)?

I'd like to be able to just spend from my entire Zen balance it at my discretion from inside the game.
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    So are we going to have another round of dimishing returns or what?

And what will this do to Stipeds? Are we getting 400 Zen now?

The faq in the 1st post answers that question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I noticed that on Tribble, everything was in ZEN now with C-Points going the way of, well, C-Points when Atari implemented their own currency.

Since there is a 8:10 C-Point:ZEN exchange rate, will we be seeing our Stipend increasing to 500 ZEN per month as everything in the store is repriced? Or will the stipends still be C-Points with the C-Store using both?

I'm assuming (hoping) the former as I doubt they'd be crazy enough to drop us to 400 ZEN per month.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited June 2012
    Since there is a 8:10 C-Point:ZEN exchange rate, will we be seeing our Stipend increasing to 500 ZEN per month as everything in the store is repriced?

Yes, it's mentioned in the change over FAQ.

Where ever it is. i can;t find it right off.

edit: Found it: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136
  • Options
    edited June 2012

It's in the first post in this thread.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136
    Q: What's going to happen to my monthly stipend as a Gold member?
    You will continue to receive the stipend for as long as you are a Gold member, however, instead of 400 Cryptic Points you will receive 500 ZEN. Please note that the value of the stipend will remain unchanged, and remains game-specific currency.
    edited June 2012

edit: Found it: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4136

Yeah, I was sitting on the beach when this thread happened and I didn't get that far down the FAQs. Mark that one up on me. :o
    edited July 2012
    We call the Borg PWE now in STF's.
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I want to stress that PWE's pricing in euros for anyone so much as a nat's whisker's east of North America is pretty insulting and costly for all of us. I'm happy to support Cryptic but I have my limit, and I don't think other UK (and many other non-euro-using) players would stick around for very long if we're going to get nickel-and-dimed with "transaction fees", poor conversion rates, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    I want to stress that PWE's pricing in euros for anyone so much as a nat's whisker's east of North America is pretty insulting and costly for all of us. I'm happy to support Cryptic but I have my limit, and I don't think other UK (and many other non-euro-using) players would stick around for very long if we're going to get nickel-and-dimed with "transaction fees", poor conversion rates, etc.

those "transaction fees" are just huge! :eek::D
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • Options
    themrizzythemrizzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "Q: Can I still buy Virtual C-Points cards? What happens if I activate one after the conversion?
    Virtual C-Points cards will no longer be available for purchase. If you have one and activate it after the conversion takes place the Cryptic Points that come from it will automatically convert into ZEN."

I am not able to access the Virtual C-points I purchased on April 8th. I purchased four 500 C-point virtual cards to use as prizes in fleet events. I gave away three of them, so should still have one left.

I have the original e-mail that was sent to me upon purchase, but it does not include a key.

I would rather have submitted a help ticket on this, but cannot access anything to do so, I keep getting a "This webpage has a redirect loop" error screen when trying to access this page: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

I do not know what to do.

Thank you!
    Izzy

EDIT:

I just stumbled across a cryptic members page, where it listed the old keys I had available to activate. There was one left and I activated it. I now have the C-points.
  • Options
    gonzoman42gonzoman42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do really enjoy how they have the 4th of july sale, with most ships giving a 20% discount. However, funny that they have zeroed out everyone's CP while they 'work on converting' CP to ZEN, and yet by the end of the sale i'm fairly certain no one has had theirs converted yet. Hey, PWE, good call on that one...real brainiac move. You COULD, of course, have extended the sale to account for your terrible timing, but I suppose that would be asking too much. I like how they do give us a FAQ that says 'soon,' but doesn't mention 'oh, but any offers we have, even if you had the CP for it earlier, won't matter because you'll have a zero sum account.'
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gonzoman42 wrote: »
    I do really enjoy how they have the 4th of july sale, with most ships giving a 20% discount. However, funny that they have zeroed out everyone's CP while they 'work on converting' CP to ZEN, and yet by the end of the sale i'm fairly certain no one has had theirs converted yet. Hey, PWE, good call on that one...real brainiac move. You COULD, of course, have extended the sale to account for your terrible timing, but I suppose that would be asking too much. I like how they do give us a FAQ that says 'soon,' but doesn't mention 'oh, but any offers we have, even if you had the CP for it earlier, won't matter because you'll have a zero sum account.'

This game is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Epic face plant with shoes tied, the zen system will only make players feel worse about the c-store. More players will not jump through tbe hoops to spend there hard earned money if it not integrated with in the c-store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Epic face plant with shoes tied, the zen system will only make players feel worse about the c-store. More players will not jump through tbe hoops to spend there hard earned money if it not integrated with in the c-store.

How is this any different than when Atari replaced everything with "Atari Tokens"?