test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Could try changing your password. I merged my account back when they first allowed the merger and I couldn't log in either. Seems like the account system doesn't like old passwords. I was able to log in just fine after I swapped out my old pass.

Edit: I should mention I had to change my password over on the main PWE site:

http://www.perfectworld.com/

I couldn't get it to work through the STO site at the time.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    none of us can, we are stuck with our crappy PWE names.
    *looks at his username*

Same one that I've had since day 1 when I heard about STO :confused:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yup. The closest I can come to preserving my name is ... ugh... this. So, yay, I now get to be one of those Internet douchebags who spells things with numbers. :rolleyes:

Thanks Perfect World...

You're lucky... My name (Protector) was taken, and I couldn't even get it WITH numbers or numbers and combination of Zeroes and/or "o"s. Sigh.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You're lucky... My name (Protector) was taken, and I couldn't even get it WITH numbers or numbers and combination of Zeroes and/or "o"s. Sigh.

Did you try...

pr0tector
    protect0r
    prot3ctor
    pr0t3ctor
    pr0tect0r
    prot3ct0r
    protecotl2
    pr0tectoi2
    protect0l2
    prot3ctol2
    pr0t3ct0l2
    pl2otector
    pl20tector
    pl2ot3ctor
    pl2otect0r
    pl2otectol2
    pl20tect0l2
    pl20t3ct0l2
    thepr0tector
    theprotect0r
    theprot3ctor
    thepr0t3ctor
    thepr0tect0r
    theprot3ct0r
    theprotecotl2
    thepr0tectoi2
    theprotect0l2
    theprot3ctol2
    thepr0t3ct0l2
    thepl2otector
    thepl20tector
    thepl2ot3ctor
    thepl2otect0r
    thepl2otectol2
    thepl20tect0l2
    thepl20t3ct0l2
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Am I still me??
    This has me very confused
    Live long and Prosper
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh well, I'm off to catch some sleep now. Can't wait to see how this looks in the morning. :tongue:
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • cutedge242cutedge242 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I went to go link earlier and realized that I never reset my password and/or tried to log in since that hack announcement went out like 3 months ago.

I assume CPoints are going away since we can no longer buy them. CPoints are also no longer shown in the account pages. Are we going to start getting Zen now? Or is the stipend just going away?
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Mail is in-game for now, but as I mentioned in another thread, we'd like to reimplement it on the site again, it's just going to take time. There is no ETA on if/ when this will be done. I'm really sorry :(

Brandon =/\=

This is a problem. The in game mail reader doesnt treat a URL in emails as a hyperlink (I would guess for security reasons?), and cutting and pasting never works properly for me. It was FAR easier to use mail via the website where URLs would work correctly.

Also having mail available through the website meant I could stay in touch with friends OUTSIDE of the game, i.e. while at work.

I have to say guys that this is a VERY shoddy implementation. All made worse by the lack of warning given to the your forum users. I'm not going to blame Cryptic devs as I dont know how your website is managed, outsourced? Handed over to PWE?, etc. but repeated bad implementations like this cause customer satisfaction to nose dive and customer support stress levels to rise!
    server_hamster6.png
  • sinsofanempiresinsofanempire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My sig pretty much says it all.

President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh and the signature editor classes previously valid URLs for images as invalid (!!!) :mad:

Seriously shocking implementation guys. What price good QA? :confused:
    server_hamster6.png
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Incredibly so, yes.

Amusingly both my normal user names are "already taken" in PWE world, but are free in Cryptic world. So now I'm buggered, and had to invent a new name, which of course was already taken.

So now I have to be one of those spods on the internet with some random selection of bad English (no capitalisations) and numbers after their name.

Thanks.

Oh and a note to PWE:
    You think me signing up for your database is going to make me more likely to play your other games?
    Not going to happen. Lets put it this way, I kinda managed to ignore you. I was grateful for saving STO, which is why I wasn't too upset about the Lockboxes (I was miffed I fell for it the first time though).
    I could ignore those and carry on as normal. Now I can't ignore you, and that's annoying. Annoyed customers pay you no money.

Oh well that's my spleen vented, and I know you're going to ignore my tiny unimportant rantings. Its not like Posted here much before hand anyway.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cp's are still there
    Live long and Prosper
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As well as no longer being able to read game mail on the forum, it seems the forums no longer honour the ingame "ignore" system. I actually thought this was a pretty neat feature that would like to see expanded to all PWE forums rather than removed from STO.

After all if I don't want to read someones inane rantings on zone chat (where they are transitory) why on earth would i want to read what they write for posterity here on the forums?

Also is there gonna be someway for those poor unfortunates who have lifetime subscriptions to wave their Career Officer flag a bit more forcefully - it kinda blends into the name now that everyone's information is displayed in blue. that is yet another LTS "bonus" eroded.
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is the biggest piece of [insert profanity of choise] to hit STO in a loooong time! Replacing a fully functioning forum with this TRIBBLE...

Bad things about new forum:
    - Can not set custom avatar
    - Can not keep old username
    - Can not access old threads
    - Can not edit old threads
    - Limited customizing for signature
    - Crappy looking screen UI
    - All old subscriptions gone
    - Does not auto-subscribe threads you create.
    - Cursor not visible in empty lines of the reply box
    - unintuitive messy layout
    - Dev tracker not working
    - join date reset
    - no in-game mail access

Good things about the new forum/webpage:
    - ???
    - Can not buy c-points
  • happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What a convoluted system...

I couldn't even use my Roche_Furman handle, because it said it was already in use... Even after I was forced to link accounts.
  • greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I REALLY don't understand this.

I was totally expecting the normal whining that comes with any forum change.

BUT

This Perfect World Forum = TOTAL FAIL

People are losing their names (maybe couldn't have been helped but at the very least the character limits might have been changed and/or warning given)

This forum does not now, and perhaps never will, support mail. This is a major step down in terms of functionality.

The Dev tracker is broken and all previous threads are archived. Its totally broken.

If Cryptic forums have better functionality than PWE forums, why didn't PWE adopt the Cryptic model rather than the reverse?

/rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok the mail thing is my biggest issue. . . half the reason I come here is to check if anything has sold on the exchnage when I'm in the office.

Can't seem to find the in game mailbox anywhere under new layout, only private messages which is empty.
    Now I was in game this morning and it was all there, if I log in tonight (after having been here) and its all gone I will be rather livid . . . I still had a few million EC's worth of expired exchange stuff I had yet to claim back, plus some gold lock boxes I was storing there.

And yeah, I know ppl hate change and all but this sucks.
    You could have at least kept all the data and functionality that was already there!
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The signature permissions are heavily restricted right now (including no linking). Is this permanent or is there a fix coming?:

Allow Basic BB Code No
    Allow Color BB Code No
    Allow Size BB Code No
    Allow Font BB Code No
    Allow Alignment BB Code No
    Allow List BB Code No
    Allow Link BB Code No
    Allow HTML No
    Allow Image BB Code No
    Allow Code BB Code No
    Allow PHP BB Code No
    Allow HTML BB Code No
    Allow Quote BB Code No
    Allow Smilies Yes
    Can Upload Images for Signature Yes
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature Yes
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So many failed things here.

• Notification to your user base of this change so they could prepare
    • Changes that were going to occur
    • Benefits of those changes (This would help your user base be ready for this change over)
    • drawbacks of what would not transfer over
    • time table of these changes

...yeah... let me count that ways, How did Nagus put it? another step towards the downfall?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    no to mention all my past mail is gone.

that I needed, its why i was SAVING IT. :mad:

I can see right now wife is going to go ballistic when she sees all her mail gone and all her information she had stored there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    oh - and search is busted.

tried to search for posts by username - eiledon and ended up at an error page. since there isnt a direct link from user cp anymore to show all your posts (i used this a lot to see who had posted a reply to me on "older" recent threads)
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well this is a great steaming pile of targ ****!

> Came to the site to log in,
    > Used Cryptic creds,
    > Was asked if I had a PWE account I chose No,
    > Was taken back to the homepage/registration page with some details already filled in,
    > Filled in the blanks and hit register,
    > Was then shown page congratulating me on linking accounts

It DID NOT state the PWE account I was about to create would be auto-linked! :mad:

The page and process gave the impression that I was being asked to create a separate PWE account, which I would be able to manually choose to link at a later time!

Can linked Cryptic-PWE accounts be Un-Linked? If so how do I go about doing this? :confused:

And to top it off the forums are completely f****d!
    > The design has too much empty space
    > No custom avatars
    > No advanced forum options, such as changing the number of posts displayed per page.
    > Bulleted lists don't work (even using the bullet character [Alt]+[0]+[1]+[4]+[9] doesn't)
    > All my subscribed threads are now GONE :mad:

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs taking out back and... well I can't say what as its against PWE rules, but I'm sure you get the idea.

The news keeps on getting better, now found out that we no longer have access to mail out-of-game, and no friends lit access out of game either!

You're turnin this into one lousy day for me PWE-CRYpTIC! :mad:
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    greedo42 wrote: »
    If Cryptic forums have better functionality than PWE forums, why didn't PWE adopt the Cryptic model rather than the reverse?

/rant

We lost the front page calendar to be brought in line with the PWE websites. That was literally the reason given. They flat out told us that they were removing a feature from STO and CO's sites because PWE sites don't have it.

This is the new model. Any way in which PWE decides to suck and fail, Cryptic must also now suck and fail.

When PWE bought Cryptic they claimed that they wanted to use them to break into a Western market they didn't understand and learn from Cryptic. See, now in retrospect we can all officially say that's obviously what we here in the real world call a "blatant lie" as we see this game losing features we like and gaining features we don't (hey lockboxes! How ya doin'?). This game is being subsumed into the whole, and becoming a PWE title, despite it being aimed at a market in which PWE fails miserably. But that doesn't matter. Why? Well, let's put it this way...

We are PWE. Lower your pants and surrender your wallets. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own (just kidding, we're actually going to flush it down the toilet and make you just like us! Distinctiveness is for people, not money dispensers!). Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are PWE. Lower you pants and...
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    oh - and search is busted.

tried to search for posts by username - eiledon and ended up at an error page.

That I can explain. I t appears every old user is now listed as "Archived user". So your old handle, no longer exists for the search to find.

So essentially two and a bit years of community has just been destroyed overnight.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And here I wanted to comeback to the game and try to enjoy it.

Hmm. Good thing I have Diablo 3. Although that has its share of idiotic design decisions and rebalances/nerfs as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    God damn it.
    I start reading a thread, and keep on reading. Then realise I'm reading my own post because I can't ID the post at a glance with an avatar.

To make matters worse the user name is buried in text, so that it doesn't stand out clearly.
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't know...

It would have been better if your Siteadmin would have spend more then 5 Minutes after his morning coffee to think this through...

And somehow I missed the Announcement for this?

Edit: They didn't even think about matching the d**n button!
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • mmaavvaahhmmaavvaahh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    OMG.....looooooool

you guys @ Cryptic just do the darndest things , dontcha.....seriously WTF

1)Avater

2)Names

3)mail

4) Stickies

5) Archived?

6)Cpt Database was suppoed to make a comeback....when

7) Pwe only forums????

8)Adds?????????????

9)wow just wow
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So now I have no way to buy CPoints, err I mean Zen since my 400+ days of STO being a Gold Lifetime subscriber counts for diddly squat since I don't have any charaters with more than a week of game time and also listed below a noob level 10! :confused:

Oh wait a minute... I don't have any characters from the old forums or game that came over here in the "merge"! :mad:

Also what's with the naming system here? Is the new forum software running on an RS Model I? No that can't be true.... Model I's could handle - & ( * % _ ! @ oh and even CAPS! :frown:

Nice job pre-testing all the "wonderful" new downgrades you forced on us!

What's next a major downgrade to total....

FUBAR :eek:
This discussion has been closed.