test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

Comments

• darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Oh and if you have not guessed already, I hate it!

How do I upload my avatar?

How do I re add my signature?
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    naevius wrote: »
    @djconcentus:
    How did you get your title to show? (Career Officer)

Click on "Edit your Avatar" in the upper left, down towards the bottom there's an option to get Lifetime Subscriber title to show ("Do you want to use the Lifetime Subscriber title?:")
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Oh and if you have not guessed already, I hate it!

How do I upload my avatar?

How do I re add my signature?
    Okay I think the point you're trying to make has gotten across.

You can edit your signature like before under User CP click Edit Signature.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Searching the forums by username results in a database error. Searching by keyword only is fine.

Is there any way to see all the posts from a user? When I click names, I get directed to core connect (still not sure what that is or why it's useful) that has nothing about a user's other posts.
  • iamnotxdevnulliamnotxdevnull Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    At least my doctor warns me before a painful probing.

Eventually figured out what was going on - but why would STO downgrade their online services? This website has all the functionality of an MMO that just launched. Where is the friends page? Mail? WTF is Zen? Was gonna buy some c-points this week - now STO has YET ANOTHER CURRENCY?!?! They effed up the website last time, but a least you could direct link to mail and friends list - now that's gone. I don't understand why they are taking away the very limited functionality they barely had. Someone needs to track down the chimp that came up with this and send them back to the zoo. They clearly aren't ready to play with the adults.

With all the time dstahl has been spending on podcasts talking up season six, the last thing I expected was getting *****-slapped by the website.

Edit: for more joyful news: I can't login to my cryptic account to view/update my subscription status? And where is the character copy to tribble/redshirt? Are we not able to do that anymore?
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yo BranFlakes!!!!

Any chance for an official response on the complaints levied in this thread?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did you try...

pr0tector
    protect0r
    prot3ctor
    pr0t3ctor
    pr0tect0r
    prot3ct0r
    protecotl2
    pr0tectoi2
    protect0l2
    prot3ctol2
    pr0t3ct0l2
    pl2otector
    pl20tector
    pl2ot3ctor
    pl2otect0r
    pl2otectol2
    pl20tect0l2
    pl20t3ct0l2
    thepr0tector
    theprotect0r
    theprot3ctor
    thepr0t3ctor
    thepr0tect0r
    theprot3ct0r
    theprotecotl2
    thepr0tectoi2
    theprotect0l2
    theprot3ctol2
    thepr0t3ct0l2
    thepl2otector
    thepl20tector
    thepl2ot3ctor
    thepl2otect0r
    thepl2otectol2
    thepl20tect0l2
    thepl20t3ct0l2

Um... Not all of them, no. >sigh<
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    naevius wrote: »
    @djconcentus:
    How did you get your title to show? (Career Officer)

Right under edit your avatar there is a button that ask you if you want to show your Career Officer title or not. Its the Lifetime Title you get in game!
  • ascendantflameascendantflame Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, this isn't brilliant.

Phoenix316, lifetime subscriber, here. I decided to make a PW account and link it back when that was introduced. All my regular usernames were already taken on PW, so I ended up using the forum name AscendantFlame. It didn't matter, I wasn't going to post in any PW forums. Now, with this change, when I start publishing my foundry missions it will be kinda confusing if I try to advertise them in this forum.

All the old threads being archived without any warning is very annoying.

I hope they never change the way accounts work in the game in a similar way to this.

A better way to have done the changeover would have been:
    >To give people warning everything was about to be archived, or even re-attribute the posts to linked PW accounts.
    >To keep the custom avatar tech from the old forum.
    >To give the option of additionally displaying your Cryptic account name next to posts, maybe just above the PW name.

Also, one bug with the new website: in Firefox, the test server character transfer list hides the character at the bottom of the list if you have more than six characters, making it very difficult to click on the sixth one.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey BranFlakes...

Are we going to ever get the option to adjust the Time-Stamp in the forums again?

I liked having my Actual Time showing, not GMT-8 .
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm not a fan of this forced change at all. <.<
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow, this certainly feels a little... spartan....
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Argh. The real reasons to hate this change too much? Talking directly about the problems.

1- I don't get my reward. No signal in any point of the C-store. How get this, because my PW account and my Crypt account **never** get the reward.

2 - All C-points in the website are gone. If I use my crypt account is here, but I can't buy anything from the website. And no one says if my Crypt account is safe yet.

3 - The worse thing in the PW settings: You can't choose or change later your facebook account to be associated with the PW website. I opened a ticket months ago and I have no answer yet.

4 - I can't transfer my toons to any test server, because the account link don't accept or don't find my toons in the holodeck, and don't permit to transfer to other place.

5 - My whole STO account are gone in the website of STO, i can't find any toon, test server subscription or any signal on any STO or PW accounts.

6 - You can't "unlink" your account to correct this whole mess.

7 - The PW don't give any support. I already opened a Ticket but I receve no word about all problems.

8 - I have a Champions Online account. Now I can lost this too because the PW account link?

9 - Anyone of Staff can confirm if my Crypt account is safe for any erase or something like that caused by this whole mess caused of the PW account links?

10 - The Gold and the Lifetime accounts lost all rewards related with the forum and the veteran rewards?

11 - STO website don't find my toons.

This is really stressful, traumatic and gived me a great negative image.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just a few of the many things I don't like, and I've only been signed on 15 minutes.

No avatar upload.
    Forced change of forum name.
    Lost subscribed threads.
    No search for "today's posts".

I'm sure there will be many, many more.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Right under edit your avatar there is a button that ask you if you want to show your Career Officer title or not. Its the Lifetime Title you get in game!

Truly, I have no such button. Not sure why. :frown:
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm not nuts about the new layout, either, but the big thing is:

(1) I created a PW account quite some time ago to try a couple of their games. Haven't used the account since.

(2) The name on the PW account is NOTHING like the name on my Cryptic account, so naturally nobody knows who I am. (This could be good or bad, I suppose.)

(3) At the moment the Dev tracker seems only to be searching for bran and a couple of forum admins.

(4) The new layout seems to have more wasted space on a decently-sized monitor (but I'm not certain of this yet).

I suppose this means I need to log in to the game itself with my PW account, now that I've merged. Blech.
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh, and the all-lower-case thing. Ya know, there's a big difference between MrSladeWilson and MrsLadeWilson...
  • nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For my own entertainment, just to break the negativity a moment:

I would like to envision Cryptic as the Ghostbusters,
    I would like to envision PWE as Walter Peck,
    And I would like to envision the Event as...well, you know..

< http://youtu.be/8vxEimC3HME >
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    No search for "today's posts".

At least this feature still exists: right below the "Edit your Avatar":

| Search | Today's Post |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    (3) At the moment the Dev tracker seems only to be searching for bran and a couple of forum admins.

(4) The new layout seems to have more wasted space on a decently-sized monitor (but I'm not certain of this yet).

I suppose this means I need to log in to the game itself with my PW account, now that I've merged. Blech.

I just noticed #3 myself : "Search: Posts Made By: admin@pwiforum or BFAdmin or pwebranflakes"

#4 is very true, especially at the top of the page. A TON of space, then a huge ad, then the forums.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    I just noticed #3 myself : "Search: Posts Made By: admin@pwiforum or BFAdmin or pwebranflakes"

#4 is very true, especially at the top of the page. A TON of space, then a huge ad, then the forums.

Good thing that I use adblocker then as I do not see any adds :biggrin:
  • uscg4700uscg4700 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello, I have been with the game since the very beginning and I want to say thanks for letting me play In your sandbox
    I do have a question/ request is there a way to change our shinny jun 2012 join dates back to our old crusty real join dates if not please figure out a way I know it's a very minor thing but I liked being able to show just with a glance that I'm not Brand new when I say something here

Thanks
    Closed Beta
    Open Beta
    Lifetime Subscriber
  • constantinople99constantinople99 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    uscg4700 wrote: »
    <snip>
    Thanks

Agreed, also nice July 2008! And i thought I was old school
    Pre-PWE merge:

Original name - Constantinople999
    Join date - August 2008
    edited June 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Good thing that I use adblocker then as I do not see any adds :biggrin:

Does it work? The ads are PW in house "free zen for surveys" stuff.
    uscg4700 wrote: »
    Hello, I have been with the game since the very beginning and I want to say thanks for letting me play In your sandbox
    I do have a question/ request is there a way to change our shinny jun 2012 join dates back to our old crusty real join dates if not please figure out a way I know it's a very minor thing but I liked being able to show just with a glance that I'm not Brand new when I say something here

Thanks

That would be nice, but on the other hand, everyone with the Jun 2012 date will be able to say "I was there when Cryptic / PW screwed the forums over."

I've also noticed something weird when quoting messages. Sometimes it'll say I have other messages selected, or something, and do I want to quote them as well? Then I have to clear them and return to the thread I was just in to actually quote the message I wanted to quote.
  • cosmoscolacosmoscola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains,

In order to post on the forums, you must be signed in with a PWE Account. You may notice a few other changes, so if you have any questions, post them in here and I will do my best to answer them :smile: Also, if you notice anything strange, please let me know in here and I will pass along your feedback to the web team as it comes in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

My dear Brandon.
    Everything about the new page is really... It started quite good earlier, but more and more things just keep popping up the more time you spend here.
    This is bad. So bad. The onliy good thing that I see right now the the look of the page. Everything else from trying to buy points, to merging and the new forum site is pure ?%=/"="?(/&"?(&_!"#/("/?("

Please, take your time, and read the forums today. This is not a good thing what has happend today. Please, take everything into consideration and redo the enitre thing.
  • bradtuckerbradtucker Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thanks cryptic/Perfect World for really TRIBBLE up my account, now i cant even access my lifetime account because of this stupidity. I had to make a new account just to get on the forums and even play the game, so all im gonna say is thankyou for doing this merging TRIBBLE.
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »
    For my own entertainment, just to break the negativity a moment:

I would like to envision Cryptic as the Ghostbusters,
    I would like to envision PWE as Walter Peck,
    And I would like to envision the Event as...well, you know..

< http://youtu.be/8vxEimC3HME >

I much preferred the scene that followed not long after. But I'm enjoying this too much to earn myself some time on the back bench. :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i saw this coming in january thats why i went with my pwe account rather than a cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • tadprimetadprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While I despise the ad on top there are a number of things with the new forums that are lacking: no capitalization in account names is even more irritating. And worse than that is I can't seem to change the posts per page (I prefer a LOT more than 10). And even that is eclipsed by the fact I haven't found how to change the time setting!
  • nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012