test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

Comments

• miakan205miakan205 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you haven't learned by now, PWE DOES NOT care what you did, do, or will do. Only thing that matters to them is how much money you're going to send them and nothing else.
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    miakan205 wrote: »
    If you haven't learned by now, PWE DOES NOT care what you did, do, or will do. Only thing that matters to them is how much money you're going to send them and nothing else.

Well I agree on the PWE does not care part about me, but it seems they also don't care about getting any money either since they broke buying CPoints, err I mean Zen for all the original STO Cryptic players now.

So are we finally going to be getting "Free to Play" for all in-game and store items? :biggrin:

Nope just going to get the "Perfect world" version of FUBAR! :eek:

Beam me up Scotty! There's no intelligent lifeforms at this new "Perfect World"!

P.S. I just love my "Perfect World" avatar... NOT! :mad:
  • snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really hate this new layout, and the fact i HAVE to buy Zen now. Which i can't BTW due to the level 10 error.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh really? Then why does it say this when I click on it?
    This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature.

Thanks,
    Perfect World Entertainment

^This

New forum off to a terribad start
  • shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Those of us who have had a linked account for a while aren't terribly perturbed by any of this...
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
  • eurekamarueurekamaru Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I need a PWE account to simply log into the website and check my account status? I don't care about posting on the forums, not when they're this ugly. But I REFUSE to link my account with a PWE account. My account I've had since BETA :mad:

So how long until we need a PWE account to log into the GAME? :mad:

:mad:
  • goldy666goldy666 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What happened to the Captains Database, and are you planning on bringing it back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrdarksabremrdarksabre Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Seriously PW, are you actually this stupid? Do you honestly believe this will benefit anyone?

-This new design is horrendous.

-All the old threads are uneditable for NO DISCERNABLE REASON.

-I couldnt use my old name (Blacksabre).

-My mail (which contained important documents for an upcoming Foundry mission) has apparently disappeared into the abyss.

-I -HATE- PW, why the hell do I want to have an account with you? If it was optional I might understand, but it is not. In order to post here, it is mandatory.

-Lets say one (glorious) day that PW leaves Cryptic, what happens to our accounts? Will we get our old accounts back or will PW decide to be utter d**ks and TRIBBLE our accounts up?

To whoever thought this was a good idea, I want to make it perfectly clear that I think your an idiot, and judging from some of the responses, it looks like I'm not the only one.
    Krovennan Darksabre: Commanding officer of the U.S.S. Blacksabre-E NX-973484-E

I earned my Vet rewards with commitment, not cash.
  • gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I often find Prefect World to be less than prefect..

Most lost username which is just not acceptable. Most posters know each other from our past conversations. Now it is as if PWE wants us to continue, but while wearing Halloween masks lol.

I also do not enjoy everyone having a Join Date of Jun 2012. It was a great way to judge game cred by looking at how long the player had been with STO. Now, who knows how long they have been around.

IMO, STO players need their own dang forum. Far from the reaches of PWE and Cryptic policies and "ideas".
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • shadowdarter1shadowdarter1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Can i please get my Name back, im @ShadowDarter not shadowdarter1.

This is just wrong, that you steam rolled me in this way. i have to loose my name because you want to make things easier, or have a linking forums name to my in game handle.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • daisyberkowitz1daisyberkowitz1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains,

In order to post on the forums, you must be signed in with a PWE Account. You may notice a few other changes, so if you have any questions, post them in here and I will do my best to answer them :smile:

Is there any way to link my in game account to the PWE Account too? I mistakenly selected to not link them when I started my PWE Account a few days back and the PWE Support site says it's not doable if you don't do it then but I've noticed they're linked on the forums now, just not in game (my Cryptic account name still displays in game and I'd rather it didn't).
    It would have been a good idea to, you know, actually test this forum before
    launching it. And also to have an announcement beforehand that these changes
    were coming to allow people to get ready for the change.

I hate the fact that we can no longer have custom avatars, that we are forced to
    have lowercase names, that we have lost our join dates, our post count and that
    so many people have been forced to use a different username. Then there is the
    absence of clock options, the banner taking up half the screen and the advertisement
    for "free" Zen (which I, luckily, can block with AdBlock+).

I also don't like the fact that we can suddenly no longer buy Cryptic points, but
    have to buy Zen and then convert. I was contemplating buying some C-points
    yesterday to get myself an Armitage, but now? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

I actually thought, for once, that things were looking up a bit for STO, with the
    starbases and all... I've put up with content drought, endless broken promises of
    things to come, lockboxes and spam - and now this? Unacceptable treatment of
    customers, that is what it is. I will, as always, vote with my wallet - and PWE is
    not getting a single penny from me, ever.

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would've liked to use my old username. I can't believe I'l writing this, but epic fail.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    love the new forum :)

- i love that i have to scroll down a whole page on my Full HD screen before i can see any text of the opening post (seriously WTF @ whoever made that cluttered layout)
    - Pre Logan Galaxy Class in the top right corner (properly representing the *high quality* of the game)
    - ALL Nicknames are blue -> that privilege was sold to me as a Lifetime Account Perk!
    i demand that all non-lifers get their blue color removed instantly :biggrin:
    ( /joke who cares... )

everything else has been said before

oh and welcome back to me, this account was formerly banned in the old forum,
    the new PWE account is obviously NEW and infraction free :)

love it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is the worst thing I have encountered in my MMO life...

1. I am forced to create a PWE account
    2. I cannot even choose my old name and e-mail address for it
    3. I am forced to link my accounts, so no real option left, heh?
    4. The forums look terrible, clutched together and not structured.

I don't get it. Why do companies believe that a new design always means an improvement?... Please give us at least the option to display the old forum's theme!

BTW: Does this change mean that I cannot purchase C-points directly anymore?
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    New look of forums is just AWFUL. JUST AWFUL
  • vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hate it
    I Hate it
    I Hate it
    oh did i mention
    i hate it

I dont want Zen, i dont want to see an add about Zen, i want to have my account name as my display name, and i DONT want PWE. The content drought was better then Cryptic being owned by PWE.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    btw. thanks for those 5000 refined dilithium.... or should i say free 15 C-Points? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • generalbannon07generalbannon07 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well done PWE.
    Well done Cryptic.

You just killed this forum.

EPIC FAIL

Time for a rollback.
    t643t0.jpg

Original join date: Jul 2008
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As others have mentioned, there are several things missing but one that I have come up with that no one (that I can tell) has mentioned before is:

• Ability to set how many post per page is gone.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • yezar82yezar82 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'll get used to most of the changes to the forums. I'll never get used to being yezar82. I've been Yezar since my RP days in Bravofleet in the late 90s.

I'm happy my in-game @handle didn't change but I wonder how long it'll be until they change that to a PWE format...
    For Cardassia!

• glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Typo/spelling error on avatar selection screen: Dominian?

edit: also,
    Welcome, glyken.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM

something seems wrong...
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    glyken wrote: »
    something seems wrong...

But doesn't it sort of feel like it's been about 43 years...?
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As others have mentioned, there are several things missing but one that I have come up with that no one (that I can tell) has mentioned before is:

• Ability to set how many post per page is gone.

I mentioned it somewhere else, but I find it very important...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    also needs the breadcrumbs
    Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online Discussion > NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes
    at the bottom of the page.

"no icon" seems to display the "flame" one when previewed.
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Massive fail. I can't check my in-game messages now because I'm having problems linking my Cryptic and PWE accounts. I can't submit a ticket because the Support page to fill out the form is broken and the page won't load. Join Dates are wiped and reset to this month, when I took pride in being a member since the first day this forum opened 4 years ago.

Everything they changed made this forum worse, and as we all know, companies don't correct mistakes by going back to what worked, they just keep rolling out new changes in a futile effort to justify their wasted efforts.
    No warning, no information, no likely Q&A.......not sure what to say that wouldn't get an infraction or make Cryptic sit up and take notice. Every single thing about this change is a complete TRIBBLE up short of it going belly up and the whole forum being wiped (though this isn't much better).

I'm not doing anything to my account until Cryptic explains to me what they have done, doing and what they are going to do to my account and what issues are present that they need to fix.

This looks like a precedence for a mandatory merge with PWE so we'll have no choice soon and be forced to merge right? Damnit Cryptic try informing your userbase or you won't have a userbase at all.
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Brandon, you might want to sticky my post with the ZEN - CP conversion chart below. Noticed a lot of threads about how it is not equal or being ripped off and so forth.

Perfectworld's ZEN and Cryptic's C-Points. See chart below.

5 ZEN = 4 C-Points
    100 ZEN = 80 C-Points

ZEN Cost
    $ 5.00 = 500 ZEN = 400 C-Points
    $10.00 = 1,000 ZEN = 800 C-Points
    $20.00 = 2,000 ZEN = 1600 C-Points
    $30.00 = 3,000 ZEN = 2400 C-Points
    $50.00 = 5,000 +300 Bonus ZEN (5300) = 4300 C-Points

Cryptic C-Points Cost
    $ 6.25 = 500 C-Points
    $12.50 = 1,000 C-Points
    $18.75 = 1,500 C-Points
    $25.00 = 2,000 C-Points
    $62.50 = 5,000 C-Points
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    btw. thanks for those 5000 refined dilithium.... or should i say free 15 C-Points? :rolleyes:

I got ore. Mine wasn't refined. :(

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=569601
    5,000 Unrefined Dilithium Ore

We have a php tag? And a code tag?....
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What happened to the CPs that were on our account before the switch to PWE? Mine now says 0 Zen?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
This discussion has been closed.