• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Testing Sigatar...

*Ah, there it is.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a question Branflakes: why don't you want my money? I've been trying to give it to you for the last hour, but apparently I have to have a level 10 character ingame before I can buy Zen, and there's no option to buy CPoints anywhere I can find. Apparently my Fed-RA, Fed-Captain, and Klink-Commander aren't level 10, despite appearances.

Also, despite using the provided link on the Login/Register page exactly as instructed, it doesn't seem as if my accounts have been linked despite it giving me the confirmation screen.

Gah, I hate this desperate need corporations have to change everything so it's covered in their own branding, all this change has done is add a layer of inconvenience for the end user, and for why? PW's logo was already on the front page in exactly the same place.

EDIT: And agh-gad-dammit, it won't even let you see the cost of Zen until you get further into the process than it will let me go; are we going to end up paying more money for the same points?

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    God I hope something did not go right on this forum downgrade and it will be enhanced soon.

No Custom avatars?

Archived names on previous posts?

Old posts can't edited?

I am not impressed thus far.
    Brandon said there was a security issue they couldn't let go live about editing archived posts. It sucks (believe me hehe) but it couldn't be helped.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    from what i'm seeing from this so far is I am no longer BlkBugHunter on the forums I am what I set my PWE name as back in the day (don't really like that) and also the search is not working atm from what I have tried it may come back as they work the bugs out but who knows when that will be. And my sig is gone, will there be an option to do those again?

nvm I see that others have put one up will do mine again at a later date
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not thrilled with the new forums, even less happy about my forum handle, I had no idea it would use my PWE account name

I second this opinion.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Testing.....
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • sloansect31sloansect31 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately it looks like IE7 isn't supported on this version either... which is a shame considering some people are still shackled to that browser while at work due to old web-based applications. (But yeah I'll be the first to admit that I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to support a 6 (?) year old browser!)

Thank goodness I work in IT and can install a different browser!!! :biggrin:
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What is going to happen with my cryptic points?Are they going to be turned into zero like my subscription?Should I sell them for dilithium?Is dilithium going to be removed? Is my forum name in game ?Can I change it?Where is the FAQ?

That's it for the moment.:rolleyes:
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I folowed the rules, i linked back when it was optional, to lose my forum status's such as what and when i posted, when i joined is now all wrong and we are now TRIBBLE ourselves out to give you virus's but you earn free zen sites. it's all wrong.

moraly and ethicaly. you cannot force change like this this is not the peoples republic of america it is the United States.

Choices shouldn'tmean no posting, and following the rules shouldn't mean 2,000 or more people have to recycle the same 20 avatars. or have to rebuild thier signatures or have signatures removed.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    do we all have to deal with lowercase names now....

I was sort of attached to it being spelled out like my handle in game IE: Gypsy_Blade

when I made my PWE account it made everything lowercase and no underscore....

Wasn't an issue till now.. now.. its just an eyesore...

I know that the forums don't like "_"s anymore. I used to have a _ too.
    cehus wrote: »
    Is there a reason why we have ads at the top of the forums now?

oh, and thanks for adding post counts.

(+1)

They're there so you can get free zen! :biggrin:
    naldoran wrote: »
    Okay Brandon, here's issue #1: Every single old thread is posted as an archive, which means that authors can no longer edit existing posts. For those of us with say, stickied help or guide threads that we've been maintaining, this means that every single one of those threads will have to be re-posted and re-stickied so that thread authors can continue to update their posts.

Issue #2: The new Avatar selection (as compared to being able to upload custom avatars in the past) is absolutely terrible, and the homogeneity will make it a lot harder to spot particular users in threads.

If you have a stickied post that you'd like to remake, please feel free to do so and then send me an in-game PM with the new post link and I'll be happy to replace it. I can't respond to forum PMs, but I will look out for these.

I'll pass along the feedback about the avatars. :)
    My forum name appears different than my game name...

Your forum display name here is your PWE display name.
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Also its 1969 on the forums......

Again... where is my mail... I can't even send a support ticket

Mail is in-game for now, but as I mentioned in another thread, we'd like to reimplement it on the site again, it's just going to take time. There is no ETA on if/ when this will be done. I'm really sorry :(

Suppot tickets can be sent by clicking on the "support" link at the top of the site.
    I have a question Branflakes: why don't you want my money? I've been trying to give it to you for the last hour, but apparently I have to have a level 10 character ingame before I can buy Zen, and there's no option to buy CPoints anywhere I can find. Apparently my Fed-RA, Fed-Captain, and Klink-Commander aren't level 10, despite appearances.

I am having the appropriate team investigate this right now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So now I've been subscribed for 0 days? No way that I can find to change forum time to local time?

Way to put out something half broken yet again, its Cryptic's trademark, it really is.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    my core connect profile is linked to someone else who apparently is using MY name as well. if i go to the drop down and go to core connect it brings me to mine, but how the hell it be coded to bring me to a profile that isn't linked to my profile by default? ive been using this handle since before counterstrike 1.6, its MINE.

also the threads im posting in arent subscribing. wth?

defalus wrote: »
    At least the background is pretty....:biggrin:

that pre Logan galaxy class is NOT pretty...
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Welcome, thegrandnagus1.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

Thats funny =P

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not all of us want our PWE display names as our forum names
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They're there so you can get free zen! :biggrin:

Oh really? Then why does it say this when I click on it?
    This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature.

Thanks,
    Perfect World Entertainment

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh by the by, Perfect World's support system; the one it keeps telling me to use if I'm having any problems? Yeah, it's borked. Firefox generates an error stating that it's detected that the page is never going to load, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and *shudder* booted up IE, but in that the page just hangs and never loads up.

So, just to recap; you spring this change on us with no warning, you TRIBBLE it up, and then your support system just happens to stop working. If I were a more paranoid man....

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • cadias01cadias01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My name. It has numbers in it now. AND it's not capitalized. I don't know about the rest of you, but that really bugs me.

Oh, and everybody has pretty much the same avatar... now I have to look at their names... XD
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    do i have to wait 1000 days from today to get my 1000 day vet reward now? becuase i allready had over 800 days in man.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hravik wrote: »
    So now I've been subscribed for 0 days? No way that I can find to change forum time to local time.

If you go to your account page at the very top then click "Create / Manage Subscriptions" you can view your days subbed to STO.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fantastic...
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The means to get CP points, now is overtaken by Zen.

:frown:
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    SNIP Damage Control Spin Doctor Post

I gotta say, Brandon, you must get paid the big bucks and really love your job to have to come out here on a regular basis and spin up some sort of story to cover up for all the things that your various developers break and/or release half-finished on a regular basis. I'm not blaming you for them, but you do seem to be the one left holding the bag, playing go-between.

These forums are a travesty, plain and simple. One step up from a listserv, to be brutally honest, in comparison to the old forums.

Keep passing on that feedback. Maybe one day they'll actually listen to you.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains,

In order to post on the forums, you must be signed in with a PWE Account. You may notice a few other changes, so if you have any questions, post them in here and I will do my best to answer them :smile: Also, if you notice anything strange, please let me know in here and I will pass along your feedback to the web team as it comes in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Here's something strange - I can't seem to use my old name anymore. :(
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here's something strange - I can't seem to use my old name anymore. :(

none of us can, we are stuck with our crappy PWE names.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cadias01 wrote: »
    My name. It has numbers in it now. AND it's not capitalized. I don't know about the rest of you, but that really bugs me.

Oh, and everybody has pretty much the same avatar... now I have to look at their names... XD

Incredibly so, yes.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    none of us can, we are stuck with our crappy PWE names.

Yup. The closest I can come to preserving my name is ... ugh... this. So, yay, I now get to be one of those Internet douchebags who spells things with numbers. :rolleyes:

Thanks Perfect World...
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ]I get that my forum name is now my PWE name. How do I change that? Is it even possible?

Also, how do I view more posts per page beyond the 10 per page now. I looked and can't seem to find that. I used to have 40 per page (the max) and it was much better.

Please help.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ya, so i merged my accounts, and...
    Now i can't log into the game...
    With either PW or Cryptic account options, or with either of the passwords...
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
This discussion has been closed.