test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

15678911»

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sigh. all the above questions have already been answered, and to be honest show a very naive view of how the real world works.

PWE/Cryptic are a business and as such they look to do things the most cost efficient way possible. managing different forum software/versions for a single company is not efficient use of time making sure that common functionality works across multipe sites.

similarly the transaction system to be adopted in STO and champions is the inhouse standard for PWE games - i.e buy Zen, then transfer it to a game server for use. It was no surprise to me that this change occurred, what did surprise me was it took so long from purchase to implement. If you find the purchase process difficult, well i am surprised. Buy zen, pick the game you want to put it to (or multiple games if you play multiple games) and go buy what you need in game. The change to zen opens up also to the player base the opportunity to take advantage of zen bulk bonuses (additional 3 dollars worth of zen for buying 50 dollars worth) and sales (usually around american holidays and usually a 15% bonus on your purchased zen - so on that same 50 dollars you can get another 7.50 dollars worth for free giving you 10.50 dollars extra to spend in game.)

I am sure Cryptic will miss your money less than you miss buying bling in game. Everyone needs to rant now and then, but for every person claiming to no longer purchase from the game, there are more people beginning to do just that (judging by the number of queries how to on the forum).

TLDR? The changes are not going to stop. Unlike Atari, PWE are integrating Cryptic into the inhouse method of doing the boring things (for game developers) that need to be done around online gaming. Perhaps if Atari had done this in the first place, and left Cryptic to worry about the game itself then it would have been at a point it was making a profit and not a loss.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree, but they could have handled the changeover much better. All I can say is that thanks to Branflakes and everyone else who's working to make them awesome again.

No doubt about it... A warning / heads up would have been great... and of cause having the new forums be as close to the old onewould have been great (they are both vBulletin after all) ...

And the stupid "BUY OUR STUFFZ" banners everywhere are nasty too... But meh...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone want to tell us how to restore or load our avatars?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Anyone want to tell us how to restore or load our avatars?

Here ya go:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289461
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well...

A long time ago when PWI took over I knew this would happen. Complete mucking up of everything. Unfortunately, its hard to link everything I warned people about back then.

The forums/account linking is just silly. PWI has horrible account security. I cant have an actual secure password. Have a stupid name I used as a character when spending 10 levels in Perfect World 4 years ago. All though my account name is the same as what it was on the independent STO site. (@desdecardo)

Forum avatar is just silly. The limits to it is just ridiculous. Dont even know if mine works or not. It gave me an upload error the first time. But not the second. Even though the first and second ones were 100x100. Made an 80x80 version and it did the same thing.

This whole fiasco didnt need to happen. PWI doesnt know how to please people. They make recyclable games that have a very small player retention. Just focusing on micro transactions.

But we all get what we pay for. Also hate that all the cryptic employees have a damn pwe before their name. Just looks tacky.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • supremeheretic36supremeheretic36 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I too, knew this day would come. I was uneasy about PW's acquiring of Crptic, yet I still held out hope. All the while though, I kept feeling more and more like the game was becoming more generic space game and commercial money grab, and less Star Trek game for Star Trek fan. Turns out, now my fears were validated.
    Lifetime subber and former STO player from when it didn't suck.

Fed: Astarsha, level 60 tactical officer

KDF: K'tana level 54 tactical officer
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oh damn, mail box is GONE lol. everyone who stored stuff there is effed!

tried sticking my old avatar in the sig area, the control panel preview shows its working, actual forum posts show that its not, as you can see

* oh there we go lol. well that's an avatar work around for now

Wait what about my mail,box? Please you have got to be joking. Nooo.

Oh God No.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    first I can't login in the launcher, and now the forums have changed? why the frak can't ppl leave well enuff alone?:mad::mad::mad::mad: oh, and I had a helluva lot more posts that 2 before the change, and I demand them back
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Two weeks ago called.. wants it's comment back XD

Srsly though this did change a couple weeks back. Several big stinks about it in the forums if you search around (shouldn't be hard to find one). Post count and join dates are forever reset to june, 2012. Cryptic accounts now needs to be linked to a PWE account.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Make sure you log into the luancher with your new PW user name (im assuming you have merged it since you are posting here). make sure the PW option is ticked and not cryptic and enter your details if they have changed.

the forums changed as PW want all their games to use their one set up. you can demand your posts back but they are not coming back. this is in effect a new forums and we all start from zero.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess that means you also aren't aware you've been automatically opted in to Account Guard yet. You're in for a real treat.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess that means you also aren't aware you've been automatically opted in to Account Guard yet. You're in for a real treat.

Fortunately you can disable Account Guard.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • psyche013psyche013 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So was I right for uninstalling?

Have PWI totally screwed us?

Curious because apparently Season 6 and the Fleet expansion went live.
    Been trying out Blacklight Retribution (despite finding out it was PWI game) and getting sick of it already.
    Shopping around for a new game and decided to check in on STO.
    Reading a lot negatives about it and based my limited experience with PWI so far I don't doubt the negatives.
    If PWI is still F'ing us over then anyone hear of any new F2P/Beta MMORPG (persistent world/communities) that are open to the public presently?

Have looked into Firefall, The Repopulation, won't touch The Secret World, probably going to pass on MechWarrior Online, have GW2 pre-purchased and not particularly excited about it but no sub so.......what else is coming out?
  • ktm1ktm1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hey sorry for the necro but i apparently cannot open a new thread anywhere... despite having purchased the digital download for the game long before cryptic was bought out.. have 70+ subscription days on it. and i CANNOT open a new thread, and after wading thru the massive amount of threads i cannot find any info on the topic, this thread title is as close as it gets.

.... this message is at top of my screen.

Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team
    in that color.

it is obviously LONG past my registration date. my cryptic and pwe account have been linked for a long time as well (i play champions- lifer and linked a couple months back at least ), and if it means anything i have also made purchases in the c-store (ones missing, but thats a problem for another day) so i have made purchases for the game if that means anything.

ive opened a ticket but not exactly getting a response. the problem i had that i originally needed forum permissions for has been resolved, but i am a forumite for any game i play and i will eventually need to be able to post new threads.

anyone have any info? help? a friendly neighborhood super dev swooping in to give me words of wisdom?

edit: after posting this i just notice that apparently my join date is october of this year.... ummmm wtf?
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    [Rolls into the thread while activating Target Optics and unholstering the [Zombie Control Compression Pistol of Epicosity Mk XIV], shoots and vaporizes this exposed Zombie thread!] :cool:

This thread was raised from the dead (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it had to be put down.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread raised from the dead which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies simply do not respond and make a report via submitting a Community Ticket (click).

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic (unless there is an existing thread on the topic that has received a post within the last 30 days, in which case you can just continue to post in that thread)! :)

Cheers,

kalecto

P.S. Forum user ktm1 please e-mail PWE Customer Service: customerservice@perfectworld.com
This discussion has been closed.