The Challenge of Champions!

12345679»

Comments

• klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User

OK...Looks like we have some problems here. I have following clarifications for everyone, hope it can explain the event better.
    1. The glitch of "Pet" will be removed after maintenance on 12/22. Thus, we will restart the event from 12/23/2015 until 01/22/2016.
    2. We will remove "Satyrion" 's record on 12/22. And restart the cross server rank on 12/23
    3. I updated the rewards list and rule.
    4. For player who participated this event and made into TOP 10 during past week, there will be some surprise for you guys.

Players in the top 10 overall or per class? Judging from the reset scheduled it is unlikely glitchers could be detected, so why reward the people most likely to have glitched (the top 10)? Wouldn't a blanket reward for all participants make more sense?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

OK...Looks like we have some problems here. I have following clarifications for everyone, hope it can explain the event better.
    1. The glitch of "Pet" will be removed after maintenance on 12/22. Thus, we will restart the event from 12/23/2015 until 01/22/2016.
    2. We will remove "Satyrion" 's record on 12/22. And restart the cross server rank on 12/23
    3. I updated the rewards list and rule.
    4. For player who participated this event and made into TOP 10 during past week, there will be some surprise for you guys.

This makes me sooo happy. Thank you very much for the fast solution. Awesome <3 Now I can relax a few days <3
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    Glad it is all sorted out can't wait to put my 3 toons in 1st 2nd 3rd because nobody can beat me and cant wait to get my hands on that matchless wings.Btw if any of you would like to lick my feet i will be happy to make a list and get started on thursday kk bye
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I didn't expect a fix so soon. monkey-16.gif Nice!

Actually, I didn't expect a fix at all. I wasn't sure if the pet glitch can be fixed considering how weird our pets are. monkey-2.gif
    ​​
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the clarification. Will 2-11 get the smaller reward since satyrion will be removed from the rankings? I wonder if any of the other top 10 won't qualify..
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    It's been a very busy/eventful day... This thread will be updated with information soon. :)
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    with the event being cross server only now it way more difficult - cant u change the rewards to Top 10 instead of Top 5 only?
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    Everyone seems pleased. as punch....however I'm completely disheartened and kind of angry with this solution....
    The contest from the beginning was described as being per server, and now all of a sudden it's cross server? That is a huge difference....for rewards that generally aren't very amazing. Considering that the 1st place score will be someone that is 1st place across all 4 servers, in all classes.....and all they will get is not even an endgame piece of gear.

While just about everyone that has been competing so far has been under the understanding that they are competing against only their own server.....I'm sorry but this is just a huge alteration to the contest itself. And I'm massively disappointed that the GM's have only mentioned this change vaguely once or twice...You will have a lot of people holding top server spots in game, thinking they're earning a prize, and very confused come mid-january, when they find no prizes....because the rules of the contest were retroactively changed mid-contest very quietly and sneakily.

You guys could at least own up and say that you realize how much of a change this is to the context you originally announced.....or, preferably, revert it to the way it was originally described and leave it as a per server contest.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I didn't expect a fix so soon. monkey-16.gif Nice!

Actually, I didn't expect a fix at all. I wasn't sure if the pet glitch can be fixed considering how weird our pets are. monkey-2.gif
    ​​

It was probably something that had already been fixed in PWCN and they just overlooked/forgot to apply the fix here. So PWE had to contact China and China is like oh yeah derp we'll do that on the next patch we send over.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    darkonome said:

It was probably something that had already been fixed in PWCN and they just overlooked/forgot to apply the fix here. So PWE had to contact China and China is like oh yeah derp we'll do that on the next patch we send over.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, because I was sure someone in PWCN must have discovered the glitch as well. With so many players there, it was unlikely that they didn't.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I got another Question. Due to it being X-Server now and the rankings always display your best time...you would theoretically get your Matchless wings when, for example you just participate in week 1 and get a time that is so good that you will stay on top for the other weeks as well without participating on the other weeks? IS that correct?
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    IF your time is that good and you remain at the top of the leaderboard? The idea behind this is that you're going to want to remain vigilant and competitive if you want those matchless wings. With the removal of the bug and the restart of the event on the 23rd those obscenely fast times will be harder to come by.
This discussion has been closed.