Comments

• limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    wait you can farm buffs in room 1?
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH now i understand why some ppl go that fast FFS​​
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    This is a poorly structured contest.

The 2 day time frame to get a score in precludes the majority of players from even attempting it.

With the prizes only being awarded to the very few at the tops of their classes, they end up being all but pointless. These players will almost certainly have gear that exceeds what is given in the prizes. Will the prizes be sellable?
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    This is how it looks:

12/11 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #1
    12/18 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #2
    12/25 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #3
    01/01 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #4
    01/08 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #5
    01/15 18:00 PM PST (Best in Class Prize) (Best Overall Prize) (SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize if same winner in each check)​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    shade13 said:

jsxshadow wrote: »

The biggest problem is..if you go by time alone...well...anyone could just farm ALL the buffs in room 1, at least up until all Attack Boosts are avaible. IF you would do that then you would get through there a HUGE lot faster. Sure anyone could do this..but seriously. That kinda takes out the whole competition part and makes it a mere effort game.

How so? Doesn't repeating rooms go into timer as well? And you get only 10 points for first rooms. Yes they are easy and 1shot (what is 1shotable), but nearly all stuff till 40-50 room is easy kill and farming points on lower lvl in miserable amounts will just slow you down and extend your overall time. Won't it?

Plus, what Asterelle said, you will encounter each challenge every 9 rooms no matter what.

How do you, ppl, artificially reduce your time frame? Teach me XD
    ​​
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well. Reset the first room til you got element towers to kill. finish it in 5 seconds. redo that 2000 times. Finish tower in 2h. How do you think a pitiful archer like asterelle would've made it in 2:25 then? I did 2:38 without doing that pathetic stuff. Just wait for next week. then I'm going for max possible time :D 2:00 ijs
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well. Reset the first room til you got element towers to kill. finish it in 5 seconds. redo that 2000 times. Finish tower in 2h. How do you think a pitiful archer like asterelle would've made it in 2:25 then? I did 2:38 without doing that pathetic stuff. Just wait for next week. then I'm going for max possible time :D 2:00 ijs

But... but... but... my attack buffs are nearly maxed closer to the end and it doesn't let me kill stuff 1shot. And lower floors die pretty easily, I don't really need to overbuff for that. Besides doing 1st room 2000 times takes almost 3 hours :D which completely ruins the idea of rapid run xD
    Well, it probably needs some testing and maybe I'm over sceptical about this. If it's so, omg, I'm so naive, I thought I was just a pitiful fox and those ppl are pro, and I... and they... tiger-18.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    edited December 2015

This is how it looks:

12/11 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #1
    12/18 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #2
    12/25 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #3
    01/01 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #4
    01/08 18:00 PM PST SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize check #5
    01/15 18:00 PM PST (Best in Class Prize) (Best Overall Prize) (SUPER AWESOME OVER ALL DATES Prize if same winner in each check)​​

So just to clear it up. You dont need to be First or in between second and fith on every week to get a price, right? So lets say I finish first on my Storm this week then I would get the reward even if I dont do heavenfall the other weeks at all? thank you in advance.
    shade13 said:

But... but... but... my attack buffs are nearly maxed closer to the end and it doesn't let me kill stuff 1shot. And lower floors die pretty easily, I don't really need to overbuff for that. Besides doing 1st room 2000 times takes almost 3 hours :D which completely ruins the idea of rapid run xD

Well, it probably needs some testing and maybe I'm over sceptical about this. If it's so, omg, I'm so naive, I thought I was just a pitiful fox and those ppl are pro, and I... and they... tiger-18.gif
    ​​
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesnt count in the time, I tested this out today and HEY! I did 2:38 without it and that wasnt even my max effort.

Everyone will start farming buffs now and altho I think that this is nothing but cheating I have to do it as well. Once. Next week. My maximum possible time and if I need 2 days each char. IDGAF. If others can cheat, I can do it too.
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I usually roll a pilgrim room on 55 and do that over and over, but I might do chaos monk instead if I do it this week. 50 points each time either way, but doing an element one over and over could work too.

No matter what its an incredibly boring and tedious waste of time. My first week was 8.5 hrs I think. The second week was just over 5. I don't see how I'd shave another 2 or 3 hours off that without investing way more resources into it than the rewards are worth.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    It doesnt count in the time, I tested this out today

Really? O_o Because timer runs and thought it did count. If it did, this farming would make no sense, but if it really doesn't, it's quite different story.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    jsxshadow said:

So just to clear it up. You dont need to be First or in between second and fith on every week to get a price, right? So lets say I finish first on my Storm this week then I would get the reward even if I dont do heavenfall the other weeks at all? thank you in advance.

Incorrect. The extra checking days are ONLY for players looking to get the matchless wings. If you are not concerned about it then this does not apply to you.

The only time that you should be worried about if you DO NOT want to try for the matchless wings is the final time that we check, which is on 01/15 18:00 PM PST

If you do not appear in the top 5 for "Class" or "All" on 01/15 18:00 PM PST you do not win any prizes.

• jsxshadow

jsxshadow said:

Incorrect. The extra checking days are ONLY for players looking to get the matchless wings. If you are not concerned about it then this does not apply to you.

The only time that you should be worried about if you DO NOT want to try for the matchless wings is the final time that we check, which is on 01/15 18:00 PM PST

If you do not appear in the top 5 for "Class" or "All" on 01/15 18:00 PM PST you do not win any prizes.

thank you very much :)
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    You do realize some classes have some serious advantages in terms of speed in this place that leaves us in the dust like Assassins,Psychics,Duskblade,Stormbringers not exactly fair but Ok
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jsxshadow
    blazerboy said:

You do realize some classes have some serious advantages in terms of speed in this place that leaves us in the dust like Assassins,Psychics,Duskblade,Stormbringers not exactly fair but Ok

Archer with Aps gear is the heaviest shet you can pull off in there.
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    teabagg said:

only the r9rrr 105x3 can compete in this so everuone else..coughdonteventhinkaboutitcough

I do agree, only the cashshoppers have the advantage over the rest. I looked at the rankings an those people are the top in ranking. So Really no point in me trying.
  • blazerboy
    edited December 2015
    Hell Im a fully jaded char so is @jsxshadow and if we dont pay attention we can die.. Sins lmfao BP literally makes it stupid easy too bad not all of them are very coordinated... Duskblades lol it has the speed and agility and damage index of a seeker(checked their stats) with a ton of crit so not stress there. Agian not many intelligence ratio in the class
    Psychic.... does the word Psychic will mean anything. Easy streamroll through and if stuff like philgram starts making them worry SoS on max SF yeah... Stormbringers can kite murder lol although among my list they have the biggest disadvantage for lack of moving aoe but a jsod SB is still tankier then a jsod seeker by quite a bit lmfao. Not complaining about this event because S card raffles are easier to win then this and matchless wings? Easy 180g now lmfao chub change those rings? Have a battlebot + i prefer fingerbread hell NW rings over it

Quicksidenote teabagg what have you been playing this game only in the last 6 months before gms price inflation r9 wasnt hard to even buy CS wise or farm if you waited like most of us on 50% sales I know because I have 2 r9rr chars and did both methods lol should have prioritized your time better or find a 2nd job temporarily to CS. Also you're bringing up 105x3 like its not fair do you know how stupid easy it is to level now as opposed to people like me did it a year ago? Vitae pill and Matchless wings AEU belt didnt even exist you are either a complete failure at this if you consider it hard now or lazy take you pick... PS lucky coins man back in my day we needed alt armies lol
  • blazerboy
    Also wouldnt a Crown of Madness be a better reward then a matchless? Really pwi...
  • wolf359
    wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yet another staff member that does not play the game must have thought of this....
    A:like some have said all of the top 5 people will have end game gear so giving matchless wing(probably bound)to them is stupid and even if its not bound way to go give only end game people free coin.
    B:Besides the buffs etc the top each week isnt going to be certain class's as someone else said because certain class's will out DD other class's and have a huge advantage over people so you can have a skilled person lose to an unskilled person just due to the fact that the only place you can save alot of time is near the end by doing more dps.

Farming buffs is alright yeah u might save afew mins early on but since you can get max attack and increase dmg before it actually matters it doesnt help at the end...The only way i can think that people get under 2hrs 40 is either using a **** load of pots to increase damage or they found away to do the challange of protectors faster than 5mins 20 since there are 2 of those every tier so thats a min of 11mins per tier so 66mins just for those the ones where you push stuff to power thats at least 2mins so 24mins for those...

I admit the first 60 lvl are easy and can be done fast but soon as the boss's are no longer one shots most lvls take 1/2mins that use to take 30seconds or less so how do you get under 2hr 40?????
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    jsxshadow said:

Hallo fellow PWI players.

A have a few concerns regarding the Heavenfall competition. While I like the idea of having a competition revolving around the new instance, I have to disagree with the way it's being judged. Why? Cause the way it currently works gives too much room for unfair playing and we don't want that to be rewarded, do we?

The News Post can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9682603-heavenfall-competition

First off..one question: Is the thread reffering to the Cross-Server Rankings or the Server Rankings alone?

The biggest problem is..if you go by time alone...well...anyone could just farm ALL the buffs in room 1, at least up until all Attack Boosts are avaible. IF you would do that then you would get through there a HUGE lot faster. Sure anyone could do this..but seriously. That kinda takes out the whole competition part and makes it a mere effort game.

It would be best to just let people post screenshots in a thread made for it specifically that shows their character, the time they took and the buff window showing how much Buff Points they have. If they exceed 5310 (which is the number of minimum points you would have when finishing the tower without redoing any room) they'll get disqualified.

I also dislike the fact that you can reset each and every room without getting your time raised by it. That's also senseless, stupid and unfair. That way you can just try, try, try, try until you get the best time possible but well..there you at least have to pull it off perfectly so you need at least a little bit of skill. Just a little tho and since we cannot bypass that it doesnt really matter.

Here is my result for this week with prove:
    imgur.com/VtyLO9B

What are your thoughts about this? Sure, if my suggestion isnt taken into consideration then ofc I will farm buffs as well and considering my time isnt the max possible by far...well :)

PS: I would prefer having A-Chest as prices cause I dont really need S-Cards..but oh well :)

Players from TT server like asterelle wont like this idea they all farm buffs in room one like you said.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    @Joe stating that everyone will start farming buffs :
    I honestly think most people don't care and won't waste one full day in the instance to "complete" tower in 30 or 60 minutes less...
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >Competition
    >Speedrun based
    >In an instance where some classes have significant advantages over others
    >You basically need R9rr+10 as a minumum (+12 on weapon) to even have a shot
    >Even then the top 5 will just be the ones that cashed the heaviest for their gear

I'm not complaining about cashers by any means, but this contest has "whoever cashed their gear the most wins" written all over it. Except for maybe, MAYBE that odd one out that actually farmed everything.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I had thought that redoing a room added to your time, if not then yeah just spam room 1 and steamroll the whole thing. The prizes are not worth my time personally if that is how I have to spend it to get them.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

>Competition

>Speedrun based

>In an instance where some classes have significant advantages over others

>You basically need R9rr+10 as a minumum (+12 on weapon) to even have a shot

>Even then the top 5 will just be the ones that cashed the heaviest for their gear

I'm not complaining about cashers by any means, but this contest has "whoever cashed their gear the most wins" written all over it. Except for maybe, MAYBE that odd one out that actually farmed everything.​​

Thanksgiving Holiday login event... Caters to CS'ers
    Huge Charge rewards promo.... Caters to CS'ers
    "Challenge" event promo.... Caters to CS'ers

I sense a pattern. Can't wait to see what they come up with for Christmas...
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    zoldickun wrote: »
    I honestly think most people don't care and won't waste one full day in the instance to "complete" tower in 30 or 60 minutes less...
    I can't even be bothered to finish all 108 levels each week, let alone farm buff points. That's too much work, so I think few people will actually do this outside those with lesser gear that really need the extra points. I think most people just want to finish all levels one time for the experience. I see few people that have finished all levels every week. Tower is too boring. tiger-27.gif

I am curious to see how many participate in this event though. Maybe I will participate if I can convince myself to do full tower again. XD
    ​​
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Only thing I don't like about this event is that time is checked every friday, tend to do my runs on tuesday since it's my day off, still does the gear matter THAT much in temple? I mean at max buffs the difference between damage of a nv3 and 3r9 has to be like 10-20% at most. And even then there's a lot of players who non CSed r9 and def sharding (probably the most expensive part of the gear) and refines wouldn't matter that much in temple, especially if you farmed points. I don't really see this event catering to CSers as much as you guys saying it is.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User

I can't even be bothered to finish all 108 levels each week, let alone farm buff points. That's too much work, so I think few people will actually do this outside those with lesser gear that really need the extra points. I think most people just want to finish all levels one time for the experience. I see few people that have finished all levels every week. Tower is too boring. tiger-27.gif

I am curious to see how many participate in this event though. Maybe I will participate if I can convince myself to do full tower again. XD
    ​​

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    i agree with you,gosh this place is too boring, with these solo places this game gonna be worse when they bring the housing system.

Well desdi i didn't think you will like tower since you don't brag, player who can spend hours to farm buffs and more hours to finish 108 stages i am 100% they do it to brag.
  • jsxshadow

​​
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I did it every week now on 4 chars each xDD and I plan on keeping that going for a loong time (til my star charts are at 15 aptidute and lvl50).

PS: I am not a CSer. People forget that there are some Fully farmed or merched ppl out there.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    @catgirldesu : yeah I can understand people that farm buffs because they can't complete it without them.
    But I really wouldn't understand someone that would spend 8h in this instance to finish with a time of 3h if that same personn would have been able to do it in 4h without wasting 4h farming points... The rewards are the same if you finish with a time of 3h, 4h or even 10h.
    It might be slightly different for this specific competition if you need to save some minutes to be in the top5 of your server/class but as said above you only have two days (not even during weekend) to finish it anyway (in my case I don't really care, 'cause I'm pretty sure there won't even be 5 mystics on DG who will complete it after reset and before the 15 ; and not even sure to have enough time myself in the first place xD)
  • jsxshadow
    zoldickun said:

@catgirldesu : yeah I can understand people that farm buffs because they can't complete it without them.

But I really wouldn't understand someone that would spend 8h in this instance to finish with a time of 3h if that same personn would have been able to do it in 4h without wasting 4h farming points... The rewards are the same if you finish with a time of 3h, 4h or even 10h.

It might be slightly different for this specific competition if you need to save some minutes to be in the top5 of your server/class but as said above you only have two days (not even during weekend) to finish it anyway (in my case I don't really care, 'cause I'm pretty sure there won't even be 5 mystics on DG who will complete it after reset and before the 15 ; and not even sure to have enough time myself in the first place xD)

My Mystic will :D but I hope so too xDD could use another S-Card for my Baby Mystic
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    well a class like wizard for example can't even attempt to go for the matchless wings,
    we don't have BP, we have worse channelling-cast than any class, our debuffs are non-relevant in pve

eventho i agree that reward is useless... give something unique FFS not a cape released 5 years ago xD

and all the players that will take the first spots have that cape already, i am quite certain​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Should give out exclusive fashion that isn't (and won't be) released in the boutique or packs. Then I'd have no problem doing the tower every week to try and win it. monkey-37.gif​​
This discussion has been closed.