The Challenge of Champions!

Comments

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    jsxshadow said:

I dont know how tho, I've done the Tower every week on my mystic and I NEVER experienced any manipulation on the timer and yes I always look at my score after a room is done. I don't know what they are doing that could cause this by accident then again I have no clue how it works so...beats me.

It happened to me if you find my older post you will see i talk about activating the room with no timer but i thought it was a tower bug didnt how to do it and didnt know you can do it on purpose. Chance is small but can happen and it would suck to get people disqualified if it happens on accident. Ofc if someone does it like 5 times they cant say it was accident then its kinda obvious it wasnt.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I dont know how tho, I've done the Tower every week on my mystic and I NEVER experienced any manipulation on the timer and yes I always look at my score after a room is done. I don't know what they are doing that could cause this by accident then again I have no clue how it works so...beats me.

Did you experience the situation when you entered next floor, teleported to hallway and you pet stayed in the room and door closed in front of you, that you had to reenter the floor to get inside? xD
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Venomancers and Mystics can probably put the pet on halt before activating each room to make sure they don't accidentally activate the glitch. However, they might forget to do so while they are focused on doing their best in the tower. There may also be players who aren't aware of this glitch at all, many don't read the forums.

Ehh, it's a weird situation. I don't know how PWE is going to track people's actions. I suppose they can keep a look out on the timer of each room, if that is even possible. If someone finished a room with a time that is less than the bare minimum they might have glitched. People that want to avoid the glitch will just reset the room entirely? monkey-9.gif I don't know.

Edit:
    Marengo is right about that part. It happened to me so many times, it's actually annoying. I try to move away from where the room-activation-spot will spawn, but sometimes I forget to do that while being in a rush to go to the next floor...
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    shade13 said:

Did you experience the situation when you entered next floor, teleported to hallway and you pet stayed in the room and door closed in front of you, that you had to reenter the floor to get inside? xD
    ​​

Yes, I had that a few times, always pissing me off xDD
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Other than calling off this "contest" there is nothing PWI can or will do about this. Domino has already insisted that it's too late to call it off or even postpone it, so yeah, chances of anything being done are maybe 1% and dropping. There is no way they have anything logged that can track this, that's pure BS meant as spin control.

It was a flawed event to begin with, now ridiculously so. For whatever reason, whenever a decision is made to go ahead with something, there's no going back on it. I guess no one wants to explain to their boss that they F-ed up and wasted resources so they'll just let it run it's course as if nothing had happened.
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    Yes, I had that a few times, always pissing me off xDD

This means you partly encountered the bug too without recognition. See how easy monkey-47.gif
    I only wonder where did chinese beta testers look at. They have official tower marathons (or about to have). They are a bit senseless without fixing.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Checking the timer to see if its only a few seconds is not enough in itself. You need to check what room it is too and compare it to the amount of time it should have been done in. Forexample, my timer in challenge of the protectors were on averange 3 minutes 30 seconds, where you need a minimum of 5 minutes and 20 seconds. It's not possible to get 1 second or close to in that room. That was just an example.
    darkonome wrote: »
    I was told alot of insta channeling pots.

Mission complete?

Right sure.

I wasnt lieing. I did use a lot of insta chan pots. Sure, I didnt tell the guy I wasnt using glitch either.
    Idk what people were expecting. So many people pm'ed me, people I never even spoke to before or knew who is, they all wanted me to tell them how and such... Just no xD

The world chat and stuff have been quite funny on my server though, stuff is serious when even a few people from other servers log on mine just to pm me or world chat about it tiger-2.gif​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Was more thinking if i came accross it on my alt veno :D i spent over eight hours on her run and her monkey was necessary to complete 99% of the levels so now im wondering.... Was my time even worse than 8 hours lmao
  • testxvi
    edited December 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Was more thinking if i came accross it on my alt veno :D i spent over eight hours on her run and her monkey was necessary to complete 99% of the levels so now im wondering.... Was my time even worse than 8 hours lmao

If you did it by accident, in most cases the time wont count into your time because you'll be unaware of that you have to start the timer again for it to count (if it really were an accident). If you complete the run without activating the timer, room will say 'completed' and you wont get any rewards - you'll have to repeat the room.
    Some may glitch by accident and also start the timer later by accident, it's quite unlikely that will put you close to 1 second. Not to mention I can only think of one specific room, maybe two, where that may happen where you wont notice it at all and on same time starting the timer later on by accident.
    So basically that would mean you have to come past the glitch by accident in that specific room. It's likely it may happen once during all 108 rooms. 2 if really "lucky".. 3 not so much..
    Your total tower time should only differ by 1-3 minutes if it really were an accident.

It's bannable+disqualification to do the glitch during contest, so try not to get caught. tiger-1.gif​​
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • eirghan
    testxvi wrote: »
    It's bannable+disqualification to do the glitch during contest, so try not to get caught. tiger-1.gif

I'm not competing in the contest dont know what the glitch is or how to do it and haven't done tower since the first week it's released so I think im pretty safe. But thanks for the warning tiger-2.gif
    ​​
  • testxvi
    Last sentence was for everyone in general, hence the space​​
  • shade13
    Bannable? Domino said only about disqualification (which is fair of course), but where it is said it's bannable?
    I'm asking not for allowance to abuse it left and right, but to clarify again: it doesn't give you any advantage aside the contest (which will be double checked anyway), doesn't reduce your actual time and affects nothing. Whether you do it or not makes absolutely no difference, only different digits in rankings. And will be those who don't read forums informed somehow? This can really look like innocent glitch, not like a bannable offense xD
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • testxvi
    edited December 2015
    shade13 wrote: »
    Bannable? Domino said only about disqualification (which is fair of course), but where it is said it's bannable?
    I'm asking not for allowance to abuse it left and right, but to clarify again: it doesn't give you any advantage aside the contest (which will be double checked anyway), doesn't reduce your actual time and affects nothing. Whether you do it or not makes absolutely no difference, only different digits in rankings. And will be those who don't read forums informed somehow? This can really look like innocent glitch, not like a bannable offense xD

He didnt state it in the thread. He (or some other GM, I have no idea) contacted me ingame yesterday. I am disqualified from the event (no surprise) and got away with a warning, if I glitch from now on (at the very least during the contest) my account will be banned. I would assume it counts for other players as well.​​
  • shade13
    I see. Ty for warning.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • slivaf
    slivaf Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I hate that there is going to be a but to this... but first off, I do want to thank you for running this event, even if I have no hope of getting 1-5. While I do feel as if I am skilled at the two classes I play most, and 1 of them is actually rather decently geared. +10+11 All gear with the exception of its helm and cape.

I recently came back from a hiatus, and completed all 108 floors on the more powerful character, and even then it was a time of 5h 18m x seconds, I know for a fact the ones who are getting fast times, are not only stronger than my strongest character, they are quite a bit stronger, aka their base stats are higher than mine, and while it is undoubtedly true with knowledge comes power, and the ability to use tricks to speed up the overall run, it still comes back to the base power eventually, which does help decrease the time spent overall in there. Power combined with skill/knowledge/intelligence will easily overwhelm someone with 'power' but not as much power, but has equal skill/knowledge/intelligence as those who do have it. - So yea... not all of those who are doing it in less time than me, I know some of them it isn't all their power, sometimes it is there technique, but power does play a role in overall time.

I was also very disappointed with the overall 'reward' for completing it which was no easy task even on the stronger character, who performs better/easier there (range is powerful in this game, kite/survival... granted that does without a doubt add to your time, it still makes it easier to complete the later stages when the mobs have become quite powerful) anyways I am digressing... I was indeed disappointed with the 'reward' for completing it, while the reward during it are insanely nice/awesome/they do add up, I still felt like there should have been a bit... well... more... like maybe a badass title/that adds a decent amount of stats, even if it was something like slaying levels +30 or something similar. Though that would obviously make future trips into the place even easier, it still would have been nice to receive a bit... more for completing the task of all 108 floors. (Bragging rights is so meh, and I didn't even see my name in red, and I had an alt logged in when I finished floor 108) - I know after seeing that... that is all it got for completing all 108 floors I am in no rush to get back in there, let alone try it on my weaker characters. (Ergo I really have no idea if the place scales based on based power/defense) - Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the place, but the end result left me... well wanting... a bit more. (I am really not trying to sound like I want a scroll of tome here or anything of the like, but yea what we did get was just... well... ugh/meh/lackluster.) The aforementioned slaying/warding levels title would be epic.

That brings me to my eventual and dreaded (for me) but, aka point for bringing this all up is the gear gap, while I am sure I can fairly easily complete all 108 on my 'weaker'... 'main' class there are certain people who are far surpassing my time due to their much better gear, be it attack or defense wise, which that is as it should be, a lot of those people who are surpassing that time has little to no use for the better gear, albeit some of them I am sure will welcome the reward especially if its stash-able.

I guess what I am getting around too, since it wouldn't be prudent to give every single person who completed it those rewards, or even just do it for the weaker ones... aka slower ones, (although that would indeed be nice, but yea I don't see it happening)... perhaps you could do a raffle for all those who managed to do all 108 floors?
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    jsxshadow said:

Well. Reset the first room til you got element towers to kill. finish it in 5 seconds. redo that 2000 times. Finish tower in 2h. How do you think a pitiful archer like asterelle would've made it in 2:25 then? I did 2:38 without doing that pathetic stuff. Just wait for next week. then I'm going for max possible time :D 2:00 ijs

meanwhile Asterelle 2:20:12

jsxshadow said:

Well guess, you will enjoy watching a 3h+ video from me next week @thenamesdomino xDDD

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @slivaf The gear gap for the tower isnt a big as youre making it be when the tower buffs make a far bigger difference than the gear itself unless your weapon is like +4 or something. Also classes play a role some classes are better/faster in the tower than others. I can tell you several people that have finished the tower in 3h+ are actually people with nirvana gear and morai weapons. Theres actually a thread somewhere stating that morai weapons can actually surpass r9rr esp the recast ones from qsm.
  • buttercandy
    buttercandy Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    booker27 said:

@slivaf The gear gap for the tower isnt a big as youre making it be when the tower buffs make a far bigger difference than the gear itself unless your weapon is like +4 or something. Also classes play a role some classes are better/faster in the tower than others. I can tell you several people that have finished the tower in 3h+ are actually people with nirvana gear and morai weapons. Theres actually a thread somewhere stating that morai weapons can actually surpass r9rr esp the recast ones from qsm.

I can confirm this to be true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6iS74qQArw
    That seeker in the vid, she is one of the top scorers in the all-servers rank using slaying lvls and wep, along with nv2 gear instead of using her r9rr wep.
  • slivaf
    edited December 2015
    booker27 said:

I am aware of the repeating bit, I am also under the understanding that you can repeat floors for a faster time, so you could in theory get to 107, go back to say floor 89 (or rather the boss just before the final boss) and farm all your points back there, then go all the way to floor 1, and smoke your previous time, and therefore getting a quick time in the end, regardless of gear, I really didn't mean for it to sound like it made a insane difference, but also saying it doesn't make a difference is rather asinine. Base stats eventually come into play even with all those boosts from the buffs. - So yea if you have max buffs, and the first time you did floor 1, you did it in say 40 seconds, you could go back with max buffs and do it in 10 seconds and shave off a good 30 seconds from your overall time. (EDIT: In other words the repeating for points can be done on ANY floor for max points, then go back and smoke time.)

The class bit wasn't really a QQ or anything, I am aware it is what it is, I know some people whose class is at a bit of a disadvantage has blown past the time done by classes who do have a bit of an advantage, for various reasons, namely the repeating of floors. (which I seriously don't have a problem with.) In other words I know it is more than possible being in morai or nirvana gear and completing it, otherwise I wouldn't have suggested I could do it on my 'weaker' char who is in nirvana gear (which aye I didn't elaborate further on in first post,) but to say that higher refines on gear doesn't help in the end/to a extent is well... as I said asinine. - Sorry that wasn't clearer in that first post of mine. D: Very old/bad habit.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Your time is only counted for the first time you clear each room. Repeating rooms is just to farm points for buffs, it doesn't make your time faster. monkey-2.gif
    ​​
  • slivaf

Your time is only counted for the first time you clear each room. Repeating rooms is just to farm points for buffs, it doesn't make your time faster. monkey-2.gif

​​

Oh I must have misinterpreted that bit/misread it when I saw that, then nvm that bit. Ty for the correction desdi
  • eirghan
    I have to say i agree with @slivaf. It would be nice to see people who don't already have end game gear have a chance to win an item they need rather than an end game player win an item they already have.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    I like the not so subtle Mystic winner time.
    Let's hope there really is a way to check for people who shaved off time, even if was a couple minutes.

Props to the veno who brought this to our attention with something obvious - it's the sneaky people trying to get near the top without being noticed that are the real party-killers.
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Was it ever been answered if this is cross server only? Also, does the Friday checking mean for the top 5 of class contention, you have to complete before then?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    bboycraze said:

Was it ever been answered if this is cross server only? Also, does the Friday checking mean for the top 5 of class contention, you have to complete before then?

HE said that it's a contest for each server, so not cross-server.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    shade13 said:

I always said don't trust venos. I hate when I'm right fox-19.gif​​

qft
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    Yesterday when GM told that he will check scores i was 2nd in my class as i am still 2nd.So i dont need to bother next 3 weaks to do hf again cos we cant get 4x S chests right?
    1 Weak in 2-5 place is enought if we aiming for S chest if i understand rules right?
  • phoenixpwi
    phoenixpwi Posts: 8 Arc User
    opalhs said:

Yesterday when GM told that he will check scores i was 2nd in my class as i am still 2nd.So i dont need to bother next 3 weaks to do hf again cos we cant get 4x S chests right?
    1 Weak in 2-5 place is enought if we aiming for S chest if i understand rules right?

No you are wrong. Actually only the last week counts for the most rewards. Other weeks are just important if you want to win a matchless wing.

• opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User

opalhs said:

No you are wrong. Actually only the last week counts for the most rewards. Other weeks are just important if you want to win a matchless wing.

Ty for answer.

Can any GM or other pwi employ confirm this what phoenixpwi say.If he is right than pwi should say 4 weak event for matcheless wings and 1 weak event for S chest not to say 4 weak event for S chest.thats why I think I am right cos thay only told if you going for Matchles wings you need to be every weak 1st on rankings,if you go for 2-5 place you need to be just once in those 4 event weaks in 2-5.

Pls pwi employ explain this.
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    klys said:

I like the not so subtle Mystic winner time.
    Let's hope there really is a way to check for people who shaved off time, even if was a couple minutes.

Props to the veno who brought this to our attention with something obvious - it's the sneaky people trying to get near the top without being noticed that are the real party-killers.

FYI my time is legit. The glitch did occur once unintentionally, but I reset the room when it did.

I hope there is a way to check for abusers too.
    Post edited by jasgar on
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
This discussion has been closed.