The Challenge of Champions!

Comments

• buttercandy
    buttercandy Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Someone on TT server jsut finished the tower in 1 hr 36 min, this is just not possible based on fix spawn times of mobs/bosses/instance.

-Protector celestial bead stage boss spawns at 5:20 x 12 = 1 hr 4 min (this doesnt even include the time it takes to kill boss)
    -Pilgrim stage o:55 x 12 =11 min (mobs are fixed spawn time)
    -Portal stage 1:00 x12 =12 min
    -Orb energy stage 1:15 x12 = 15 min (gets harder at higher lvls)

Your really can't go lower than this cause of the spawn time of the bosses and mobs, so that means this veno who got this score can somehow bybass the time it takes to clear the stages? It seems like 1hr and 36 min could be the time it takes to spawn evrything, and the actual time the person spend to complete it is negated, maybe the person glitched the timer?
    Post edited by buttercandy on
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    So i just saw on Twilight Temple server Satyrion got 1hour 36mins! when i asked him/her who is this possible i was told alot of insta channeling pots. . So within 13hours of Heavenfall reset plus the cool down of the pots, and not talking about certain rooms mainly Protectors that boss only spawns 5mins20sec

Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • buttercandy
    edited December 2015
    I believe itslLies, even if it was instant channeling, the time that it was completed is less than the time it takes to spawn and kill things, even if you can one shot bosses, it would still take over 1 hr 36 min, What I think happened is that right after the stage spawned, the person was able to glitch and have the timer become frozen. Maybe it was done by deleting a quest or have a full quest log or something. That channeling pot you (darthkurisu) mentioned is only for like 4 sec, and pots has a 2 min CD. You're a seeker, you should know that seeker has a channeling skill with less CD and gives you almost instant channeling on Gemi-Slash. How come you didn't finish it under 2 hrs? xD

Can a GM postphone the contest and look into this please?
    Post edited by buttercandy on
  • s3r4ph
    s3r4ph Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Congratulations to them on figuring out how to glitch the tower, but apparently they aren't smart enough to know that time isn't possible to achieve, thus broadcasting I'M A CHEATER. Especially considering veno is one of the slowest classes in the tower (Current best is 3h+). Also, their previous best time was 3:27:17. You don't improve that much using any kind of pot/buff.

Way to ruin a fun competition.. I hope you get banned!
    Post edited by s3r4ph on
  • draco5787
    draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Doing competitions like this in this manner will always bring out the cheaters and those that try to manipulate the time. There will always be those that do this and there is never anything that can be done about it except not run competitions like this.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Congrats on your Matchless, Satriyon.​​
  • davidmurphy
    davidmurphy Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lol half u guys commenting on this is retarted or butt hurt to see someone else get a better time,theres been some people that has got the tower done in 2hrs almost, 1hr and 36mins is probably possible if farm room 1 till u max att lvl buffs,att/magic 5k and wait on cooldowns every floor.pretty sure no one has done this cuz it takes all day to do. some of the comments here are from people that probably has 4hrs+ into tower and cant handle it lols

• buttercandy
    this instance came out months ago in pwcn, and it the max time is close to 2 hrs and that is with maxed farm buffs and redoing instances for best time with everything out of CD, that completion time by this veno is far below the threshold. It will just be a matter of time before the secret is out.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User

lol half u guys commenting on this is retarted or butt hurt to see someone else get a better time,theres been some people that has got the tower done in 2hrs almost, 1hr and 36mins is probably possible if farm room 1 till u max att lvl buffs,att/magic 5k and wait on cooldowns every floor.pretty sure no one has done this cuz it takes all day to do. some of the comments here are from people that probably has 4hrs+ into tower and cant handle it lols

I have 3h07mins and I am g16 I farm room 1 to compete with time but i still know its not possible without glitching in some way
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • draco5787
    draco5787 Posts: 38 Arc User

soundsl ike your the cheater or know the cheater. There is no possible way to beat tower this fast even with max buffs at first room. You obviously don't have a clue at all what you are talking about. Just look at the times from PWCN they have had the instance longer than us and have the fastest possible times without cheating.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah pretty interesting. This was their previous best time:
    J7jgdgu.png

and the current:
    Bs4iqaZ.png

tiger-9.gif
    ​​
  • davidmurphy
    davidmurphy Posts: 31 Arc User
    draco5787 said:

soundsl ike your the cheater or know the cheater. There is no possible way to beat tower this fast even with max buffs at first room. You obviously don't have a clue at all what you are talking about. Just look at the times from PWCN they have had the instance longer than us and have the fastest possible times without cheating.
    yes im totally the cheater when i play a blademaster, go check a bm score for 3hr and 36mins and u will know who i am.u clown :'(

• mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    The Challenge Of ....... exploiters and hackers.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Comparing previous best time with new one is a really bad argument in my opinion.
    That being said, and as stated above, 1h36 is technically impossible to be legit.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    LOL that Satyrion guy must have found a way to exploit the Protector room. On my Storm I just finished in 2:20 which is nearly absolute max for my class and I took around 5:30 each protectors room. If I would really go fully all out, resetting every room til I get the best possible time I could shove off another 5 minutes...if I switch to sage I could maybe get another 3-4 minutes off...but Satyrions time asks for a ban for unfair gameplay. Someone already did the math here. this time is unachieveable by normal means and MUST contain glitches. Anything DMG related up to room 90 was 1-Shot for me and I have been at 1:48 at this room. You cant be faster than that pretty much (ok a bit maybe..but thats so stressful ._. ).
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I dont know what happened there but that time sure is weird. Someone made calculations already and you need a little over that time just to spawn all mobs and bosses. And this is a veno one of the slower classes in the tower. We had dbs sins sbs etc finish tower with crazy times even on first week but weve yet to have any veno finish tower in less that 3h mark except that person here and i doubt it just so happens that all venos in pwi suck.

I just remembered sometimes rooms glitch and timer doesnt start even tho the room does cause there is a delay with the quest. Normally you cant complete the room and get reward cause you kill all mobs before you get the quest so it bugs but maybe in protector room it works cause by the time boss spawns you get the quest to kill it. idk just an idea someone should try it.
    Post edited by booker27 on
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    Everyone remain calm! xD
    There is way to glitch the timer and have it be pretty much any time you want. If you want to, you can make it look like you completed the instance in as little as 108s. I just figured it out, and submitted a ticket with a private video, so hopefully, this will clear up. Unfortunately, this will probably means the end of the competition as this is a design flaw in the instance, and not something done using a 3rd party program :(
  • jsxshadow

Everyone remain calm! xD
    There is way to glitch the timer and have it be pretty much any time you want. If you want to, you can make it look like you completed the instance in as little as 108s. I just figured it out, and submitted a ticket with a private video, so hopefully, this will clear up. Unfortunately, this will probably means the end of the competition as this is a design flaw in the instance, and not something done using a 3rd party program :(

Thank you for that. Ya, this will end the competition hopefully and there I worked my Butt off to get this 2:20 yesterday ._. all for nothing it seems. Well, I dont care if I dont get the Matchless wings now..I am just glad when no glitch abuser gets it :D
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    neodaystar wrote: »
    Everyone remain calm! xD

Ya friend figured it out. It's a pet exploit. Archer is screwed.
    ​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    This is why venos are kos.

But like if you're going to glitch the timer at least make it believable lmao, funny thing is if he/she had completed it in like ~2:10 they may have gotten away with it.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • booker27
    darkonome said:

This is why venos are kos.

But like if you're going to glitch the timer at least make it believable lmao, funny thing is if he/she had completed it in like ~2:10 they may have gotten away with it.

Thats what i was thinking should have made it believeable lol but oh well now we know about this glitch.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    neodaystar wrote: »
    Everyone remain calm! xD

Ya friend figured it out. It's a pet exploit. Archer is screwed.

So realistically, mystics/seekers/sbs should also probably be able to replicate this?

In any case, I don't think Domino should outright cancel the event. They're already going to have to pull the data for everyone that completed tower for the Christmas event, no? So they may as well go a step further and use that data again. Make it a raffle drawing for Matchless and S chests basically.​​
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Pretty sure Support will find a fair solution for this.
    I don`t know the glitch (and don`t want to understand it in detail) but may it could be, that this veno even not wanted to achieve this result? In such case:
    1. Remove glitch
    2. Check/Identify if someone else used it (e. g. also by using a motivation gift for self-announcement)
    3. Delete the highscores from ppl who glitched

In general, I like this idea of competiton :) ... even if I am still slow and lazy
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    chary wrote: »
    In any case, I don't think Domino should outright cancel the event. They're already going to have to pull the data for everyone that...

A bit off topis right now, but why does this data pull and setting strict timing for reward is so important since checking winners manullay on all servers takes only few minutes? pig-39.gif

IMO, it's not fair to make an exploitable contest, because in this case ppl will glitch it and will make their time look hardly achievable, but realistic. Point? Sense?
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    well given everyone abuses buff farming now and this "competition" is pretty unfair imo anyway given the fact that even w/o buffs only high-end chars would be able to do great times and most of them got ascension wings already ill be so trying this out on my veno
    if its a design flaw its just the same as buff farming - a means to "cheat" to improve ur time, but since everyone is doing it why not

i mean its nice and all they came up with an event but imo make it something that everyone can attend w/o being limited by gear and such - temple was unfair from the beginning
  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    null
    You are completely wrong. Buff farming is not an abuse nor is it against the rules. In fact the npc outside the instance stating the rules encourage players to redo levels for buffs if they find it too challenging at higher levels. Another thing you got wrong is that having r9rr and endgame gearing and refines and shards make very little difference compared to the magnitude of the buffs you get from the tower. Another fact is that the current top few players with the lowest time finish across all servers ranking are said to not be using r9rr weps to have done so well. And without cheating (minus that veno with under 2 hours completion time.)
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nothing makes me more happy when someone finds out that all the efforts of all these people that are trying so damn hard to succeed in a small game was all for nothing. And to then see their reaction as they panic and rage as they see they wasted all their time farming points to shorten their time in ways that also most likely wasnt intended.

Reality is that ALMOST (if not) every single person with a time under 2:50~3h has been farming the same room over and over to get buffs in rooms in which these buffs normally shudnt be obtainable yet, which took them multiple additional hours which doesnt get registered. You guys all lose, tryharding in a casual game always gets punished!
  • jsxshadow
    edited December 2015

null

You are completely wrong. Buff farming is not an abuse nor is it against the rules. In fact the npc outside the instance stating the rules encourage players to redo levels for buffs if they find it too challenging at higher levels. Another thing you got wrong is that having r9rr and endgame gearing and refines and shards make very little difference compared to the magnitude of the buffs you get from the tower. Another fact is that the current top few players with the lowest time finish across all servers ranking are said to not be using r9rr weps to have done so well. And without cheating (minus that veno with under 2 hours completion time.)

Correct. Glitching the instance should be banned but farming buffs is ok altho I consider it a bit unfair myself cause anyone can do it with buffs. Even G16 ppl and thats actually a good thing. I was able to get to 3:50 with my G16 Mystic back in the day even without farming buffs so it is a major stretch to claim that its r9 only. You still need alot of coordination and skill to run all rooms perfectly if you want the best time imho no matter the class, gear and so on.
    dingo488 said:

Nothing makes me more happy when someone finds out that all the efforts of all these people that are trying so damn hard to succeed in a small game was all for nothing. And to then see their reaction as they panic and rage as they see they wasted all their time farming points to shorten their time in ways that also most likely wasnt intended.

Reality is that ALMOST (if not) every single person with a time under 2:50~3h has been farming the same room over and over to get buffs in rooms in which these buffs normally shudnt be obtainable yet, which took them multiple additional hours which doesnt get registered. You guys all lose, tryharding in a casual game always gets punished!

Not true, I did 2:38 without farming buffs on my storm but in fact alot of the others did that ya and that is the reason why I for one have to do it too. We dont really have a choice. if anyone does it one has to do it too, just to keep up with the others.
  • booker27
    edited December 2015
    Idk if it should be bannable it doesnt really give players an advantage. Even with glitch they need the same time to clear all levels. It just messes up the rankings. Tho with this now the competition should be cancelled, maybe turned into a raffle for whoever cleared all levels and/or make so people with less than 2 hours should be disaqualified cause they probably glitched it. Or idk i guess people can still cheat and just make sure they get a believable time anyways.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    With buffs you can get 600 att levels and 200 def levels. Then add mag/phy att, mag/phy resistances and HP.
    So yeah G16 or R9, random A cards or S cards, it doesn't change a lot.
    The difference is that G16+3 with B cards will have to farm buff earlier while an endgame toon don't even need to farm them on purpose
This discussion has been closed.