The Challenge of Champions!

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    In my opinion, the buff system of the tower is fair. It allows players with mediocre gear to farm it and have a chance at the same rewards as everyone else. Players with good gear also have the option not to farm or even use the buffs, if they want the rooms to be challenging.

Rankings in PWI have never been an accurate indicator of.. anything, really. Even the PvP rankings we used to have, people could just spam kill alts and then get a place in there. Videos, screenshots etc. are a better way to judge things, though even then you can edit them and stuff. fox-18.gif

Well, I am curious so see what happens now.

​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I got less than three hours on my first time doing it on this toon without farming buffs and it was because i spent about 8 hours first completing it on a G16 toon and understood the mechanics and how to run each room. Just because one person cheats doesn't mean every person with a time less than x amount of time does.... Besides, the buff farming is enabled so players who need the buffs to complete the tower can, like lesser geared toons, to make it somewhat more fair.

Qontrol's right. Anyone who "tryhards" (IE plays by the rules) in this game do lose, and then the jerks rejoice to see everyone's hopes crushed for trying to enjoy the game and playing by the rules. But the truth is, no one can win when everyone's a jerk or a sucker. Even the jerk can't win. Just look at all the QQ posts about how there's no one left to fight. Anyone who didn't want to be a jerk or a sucker quit cuz they all got tired of the cheating and trash talk. Now the jerks trash talk in the forums, hesitantly trying to get attention, but no one responds because no one left cares lol

People are stupid to play a **** MMO the way it was intended? I dunno. I think about all these jerks no-lifing a game, with some of the best gear, with the support of hundreds of other jerks behind them, with no one to fight and no reason to improve, and they STILL have to cheat to win. *shakes head* What a waste.
    ​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Slow down, ppl, farming full buffs in 1st room isn't bannable offense at all, everyone can do it and this feature is listed in possible ways of making it easier officially. It will just take time like 3 towers for endgame player to collect points 10 by 10 or take time but give a chance to complete it to averagely geared players.

What is not supposed to exist is glitching time.
    I personally don't care about this event (vacation, timing... >.<) but IMO, GMs should clarify the situation. They either should allow bug abuse or forbid it. Both scenarios have pros and cons it seems. If they forbid, there is no way for that person to redo the instance normally any more (though they can just count it as legit). Also, ppl may start abuse it secretly, as I mentioned. If they allow, we will see some 2 minutes towers :D
    But in any case, ppl deserve some official reaction. If you find it a legit way, let all know they have nothing to fear and they won't get disqualified.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Best part is the people that are so mad they want Saty to get banned for it...Like she meant any harm.

I know for a fact, because Ive been there, that most dev's for big MMO's will pay/reward people that discover game-breaking glitches for them, instead of banning the people that discover the glitches. So people saying she should get banned is quite hilarious.

Needless to say this isnt actually a game-breaking glitch, the whole timer deal is shady as hell, all these people claiming to do or not do certain things, who knows if they are actually honest.

Only way to do a contest like this properly is just have everyone start at the exact same time, which will bring forth other difficulties due to the large variety of timezones. But doing this will punish people that farm points for buffs and people re-entering rooms to get the rooms in the right order and they'll have to treat it as an investment instead of just spending more time that doesnt get recorded, but thats just too serious, this is just a casual contest in a casual game, so stop raging like a bunch of kids :s
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    Banning would be too harsh. They didn't ban anybody even for much worse things. There is really no reason for a ban. I doubt that ppl who suggested it would reach highest time in fair competition anyway.
    Like she meant any harm.

Meaning harm to anybody would mean stealing someone's account :D There is no legit way in this game to do any real harm to others. What we all mean and want is profit. And we all understand it pretty fine, my dear dragon glitchers, magic nirvana farmers and 10* orb lovers tiger-2.gif(it's in general, not personally to you).
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yeah I gotchu. Everyone else here is a cheater. Whats one more? And besides. This game already is glitchy, so why is it so bad to exploit it? And what are you guys so pissed off about? It's just a game after all, whats so bad about cheating a game? If you're pissed off about a game obviously you are a no lifer and should be so embarassed that you stop talking about this person who is exploiting glitches. And look at this person blaming this person for cheating, they probably cheated too.

Same old un-defense. Make it look like everyone around you is just as guilty.

What are you going to do? Report me for account sharing? LOL.
    ​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You guys are confusing me now, not once have I reported someone for account sharing, that whole idiotic report-war on Twilight Temple is something Im staying far away from. :/ Im not as low as certain people to report someone for doing something as harmless as account sharing.

You guys have lost ur minds as have most people on Twilight Temple...
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    I dont mind any rules and limitations to any sort of event regarding that tower. as long as everyone got equal terms I win anyway. thats what matters to me :P
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    I like to know what really happen with this bug, lets say that she can get all exp and rewards without effort then thats of course bannable offense otherwise if you cant get rewards its like a non profit bug

But now we need to know what its going to happen for the Challenge and rewards promissed they make a raffle or what ?

would be nice if we get a any response for this​​
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    So we've received word that there has been players exploiting in the Tower and with a little research we've found more. Fair warning, attempting to exploit during the competition will mean disqualification from prize consideration in addition to other punishments.

I'm working on an action plan to address the next steps as far as the rankings and consideration goes.
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User
    So we've received word that there has been players exploiting in the Tower and with a little research we've found more. Fair warning, attempting to exploit during the competition will mean disqualification from prize consideration in addition to other punishments.

I'm working on an action plan to address the next steps as far as the rankings and consideration goes.

Thank you for the response normal-40.gif​​
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User

@thenamesdomino Do you have a system that can actually find who attempts to exploit? Cause its easy for people to exploit the tower but get a believeable time and then say they just farmed buffs or something.

Back when we had the goon glitchers PWE said they will ban the offenders but then admited they actually cant track them down.
  • thenamesdomino
    I'm not allowed to say. Just know that we've been able to find a few people who were actively exploiting and have addressed those cases.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino postphone contest by 1 week, make glitch forbidden from then on. Everybody who are in qualify rankings should be checked for glitching before prizes sent out. That's my suggestion.
  • thenamesdomino
    We can't postpone now unfortunately. The wheels are already in motion, but the latter will most certainly be done.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino will people who "abused" glitch this week be able to get the prizes on the last week if no glitch happens that week?
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User

I'm not allowed to say. Just know that we've been able to find a few people who were actively exploiting and have addressed those cases.

Thx for the reply.
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    TBH the overall ranking can just be removed and the prizes from overall apply to each class instead. This would solve that issue, since the exploit/glitch is class specific.
  • thenamesdomino

@thenamesdomino will people who "abused" glitch this week be able to get the prizes on the last week if no glitch happens that week?

Anyone we find abusing this exploit is disqualified from the contest.
  • icycoffeebreaks
    icycoffeebreaks Posts: 37 Arc User
    null
    Including people who tried to prove that this glitch exists and sent info to you as to how it was done? Wow, where's the justice.
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    Yeah I gotchu. Everyone else here is a cheater. Whats one more? And besides. This game already is glitchy, so why is it so bad to exploit it?

If it was to me, I don't judge anybody, even though I'm fully for fair playing myself. Only thing I wanted to know is if the glitch is totally forbidden for all or allowed. Because ppl will be tempted to use it and I believe it's fair to make it clear from the very beginning than to ignore now and disqualify in the end listening to the raging chorus "we-didn't-know-it-was-forbidden-game-allows-it-no-programms-used".
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • xxxlalorippinem
    xxxlalorippinem Posts: 6 Arc User
    so what is the exploit?
  • thenamesdomino
    Doesn't bare repeating.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Now what will my punishment be? I am curious...
    If I get banned I hope it's not more than 4 days, my attendance from whole this 2015 year would be completely wasted xD

@thenamesdomino you should probably be careful with saying "repeating". Even doing it once would be able to save you a lot of minutes to make your time better. Looking at the top rankings, there are only a few minutes if not seconds between the players. Imo not a single time should be allowed to qualify, but yes that doesnt make it fair to people who tested it out.​​
  • nini330
    nini330 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2015

good news.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Will you be posting names of winners each week or we have to wait till end of event to see all who qualify for rewards ? Seeing as you will be checking each week.
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • thenamesdomino

Will you be posting names of winners each week or we have to wait till end of event to see all who qualify for rewards ? Seeing as you will be checking each week.

We will be posting the winners when the Contest is over. :)
  • shade13
    Bare repeating shouldn't count as exploit because it's an official way to run tower. Some ppl just can't do it without repeating. Also it takes a lot of time even tho it doesn't go into account. And it doesn't guarantee you best time at all even if you are endgame 20/20 from the 1st room. Last stages bosses are not one shot even in this case. And class (dis)advantages still affect the result.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User

We will be posting the winners when the Contest is over. :)
    Ah thank you :smile:
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Certain people figured this out about a week and a half after the instance was released and have been abusing it since. However, they weren't stupid enough to make it noticeable.

I really do hope you are checking everybody for abuse of it, because there are more of them hiding in the rankings.

I stand by my initial statement that it should just be a drawing for everyone that completes it. This will make all the abusers efforts go to waste.
This discussion has been closed.