The Challenge of Champions!

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I did it every week now on 4 chars each xDD and I plan on keeping that going for a loong time (til my star charts are at 15 aptidute and lvl50).

the-worlds-top-10-best-images-of-surprised-ca-L-m4S40p.jpeg
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I did it every week now on 4 chars each xDD and I plan on keeping that going for a loong time (til my star charts are at 15 aptidute and lvl50).

the-worlds-top-10-best-images-of-surprised-ca-L-m4S40p.jpeg

Yeah, I don't even know, brah. onion-67.gif​​
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Lol perfect reaction
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The all class list competition part for the matchless wing is unfair. Especially for bms, barb melee classes, and wizards with no unique buffs to increase damage. You have psychics that can use voodoo skill to increase attack levels passively (sins too). And dusk blade and mystic with their damage buffs with no short time limit, and dex build classes with 90% critical rates. Skilled Archers, sins, duskblades, mystics and psychic pretty much have an easier time finishing the tower compared to other classes, just check the current rankings.
    Post edited by neodaystar on
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Just look at it like PWI is encouraging more Duskblades like they have been since release monkey-1.gif They get two class prizes instead of one!​​
  • wolf359
    wolf359 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ok on my sin i just did the first tier which is easy and made a base time for the rooms which could be done a little faster if your a mag class or range DD but only slightly since most of the rooms has a set limit to how fast you can do them aka kill the corrupt monk etc where you have to wait for the boss to spawn.....

So even on the first tier it should take you 22mins you could shave a little time off this by getting buffs but as i said there all one shots mainly anyway so only way to reduce time is to use speed pots or as i said range class but its not that much less time......so again i ask how people do it in 2hr 25mins without skipping the 5m20 room since even if you do all 6 tiers at 20mins thats 2hrs and since the end rooms are not 1 shots and you require more time to complete i cant see how you get 2hr 25mins also proves range DD will have better times as they dont need to run to the mobs and aoe class's will have an even more advantage on the kill 100 room as they have more aoe.
  • neodaystar
    edited December 2015
    You are a sin, don't you have 2 Teleport to target skills, and 2 skills that increase run speed? Most other classes can't even use holy path all the time because they have to conserve energy to use genie heal skills, while you have blood paint to heal.
  • wolf359
    not sure about all people but i do not wait after each room for skills to reset or the instance would take SOOOO much longer
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Did @jsxshadow just say he does it on 4 chars every week and will continue? Holy **** man you either don't get tired or really are bored all day this game isn't that serious anymore xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • wolf359
    edited December 2015
    but the point is clear and the pwi will not comment on the unfair advantage some class's get if they want a fair instance they could force it so when you enter your a certain class with set gear and then your off and away ,as to what class that would be i would say sin due to the fact almost EVERYONE has a sin to farm so would be a logical choice....But as it stands yes range class have a big advantage *not needing to run about and hi DD...
    No answer how people get 2hr 25 probable due to them not wanting others to know how they reduce the time ...
    No answer from devs on why they think this is a FAIR contest
    Im sure its not hard for them to make it so when you port in your a certain class with basic gear but then that would be a fair system rather than PAY TO WIN if nothing else im sure about i know pwi are NOT thinking about there profits.
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    wolf359 wrote: »
    No answer from devs on why they think this is a FAIR contest

Maybe it's not completely fair, but reward is let's say very good and somehow worthy, but not especially rare or unique. If you need it, you can just buy it. I assume there would be way more crying if they suggested somethinf really valuable as reward.
    Thus, I guess you can skip it losing not too much (=
    Nothing much to be frustrated about, IMO.
    Yet fox-19.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    I will do the tower with my Main as i do it always, I appreciate the event and all but honestly with the insane times that some people get there the cape is not really an option for me since I already know who is going to win on every single class...

If I win something, good.. If I dont get anything also good since i will do tower anyway lol.

I really don't want to sound rude or anything but for me some of the times that I see there are really fishy.
    I mean lets be honest here, that tower have 108 levels, from those 108 levels 12 or so are challenge of the protectors?
    Just to da all those --Challenge of the protectors-- you need one hour or even more, and those can not be avoided or hasted, since you can not haste the waves of monsters as far as i know.
    So that left us with what? 1 hour or so... To do all the other 96? rooms :D

Im aware that some rooms are just one shot some things for really OP players, but again some of those things have a litle re-spawn time, also even if you are able to one shot everything since the beginning, some challenge can even take more time thanks to that, example of this is the Challenge of energy: if you one shot the mob there it will not drop the item you need sometimes making you waste seconds.

Also considering that a lot of instances, bosses, etc glitch on this game it would not really surprise me that someone has already found a way to abuse this one too...

of course I can be totally wrong and it can only be that our Top players are really Smart and OP and thats why they facerroll this as everything else on this game :o

But whatever the reason is Im sure that I will not be on the top 5 on all classes, I probably not even going to be among the top five on my class.. even though I am second place now on it at this time :D
    After all when this competition really starts, all End game People will do the tower getting the top 5 places on all.
    And while my main is r9 and all, it is not an end game full+12 /JOSD/Deity/EMP/asdfghjjjk toon :D

Still Kudos for thenamesdomino and the other GMs that are doing this kind of events. At least they are trying to do events that people can actually do.

• neodaystar
    edited December 2015
    Based on what I have read , that matchless wing is limited to 1 per server in the competition, and not to the 1st of each class rank. It is not class rank, it's the "all rank" list making it an unfair competition. You can be the best player and tower soloer, but still not be ranked 1st in "all rank" due to class advantages that some has over other. I hope this gets changed.

As for gear, you don't need r9rr to have a chance for 1st place. The buffs from the tower offer benefits far exceeds those with endgame gear, max shardings, and 12+ refines, which puts everyone of the same class on almost equal terms at max tower buffs.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Does failing a room count into your overall time?
  • sawyers
    sawyers Posts: 26 Arc User
    why cant u simply check the cross server ranking at the 15th Jan.
    u check the class list... and find the top 5 out of every server.
    this way ppl would have more time than just 2-3 days.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    sawyers said:

why cant u simply check the cross server ranking at the 15th Jan.
    u check the class list... and find the top 5 out of every server.
    this way ppl would have more time than just 2-3 days.

Because that would be both simple and effective. At that point we'd realize that PWI had been taken over by aliens or something and the jig would be up.
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    Rooms:
    1.Challenge of energy 2m 6s
    2.Challenge of protector 5m 28
    3.Challenge of portal 1m 30
    4.Kill corrupt munk 29 seconds
    5.Challenge of elements 15 seconds
    6.Challenge the beleivers 25s
    7.Challenge the calamity 16s
    8.Challenge the pilgrims 55s
    9.Boss 17s
    18 Boss 27s

Ok 1 to 8 repeat for 10 to 17 .Theses times was taken on tier 3 after getting all attack buffs on my sin to use as a base time range DD will be able to shave afew seconds off the time but this is just for the purpose of how long it would take to do all 6 tiers if they was all the same upto room 108.

So if you could do those times all the way to 108(you cant since at teir 5 and 6 they are no longer that easy to kill) your time would be 2hrs 25m36sec
    Now since tier 5 takes slightly longer as they have more hp so takes more hits and t6 even more so without some how speeding up the challenge of protector which cant be done any faster than 5m20 since that is when the boss spawns i cant see how people do it faster than 2hr 30.

As i said you can shave some time off if your ranged but the time you can shave off should not make up for the extra time needed on t5 and 6
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    ufop wrote: »
    Rooms:
    1.Challenge of energy 2m 6s
    2.Challenge of protector 5m 28
    3.Challenge of portal 1m 30
    4.Kill corrupt munk 29 seconds
    5.Challenge of elements 15 seconds
    6.Challenge the beleivers 25s
    7.Challenge the calamity 16s
    8.Challenge the pilgrims 55s
    9.Boss 17s
    18 Boss 27s

It takes me 1,5 min just to collect spheres in portal challenge + a bit more to kill.
    99 and 108 bosses take couple of minutes to protect adventurers + a boss for which you need time to dd its soul to get buff etc.
    Also mobs like monk or believers are not possible to kill in 25 sec on highest floors for most of the classes eve with maxed out attack and att.lvl. Besides it takes some time to spawn while timer is running. So yeah, I must be a pitiful fox, but I also don't see how... monkey-19.gif

Btw, is it only me or... When I spark at Calamity, he lets me hit him couple of times and then immunes again making me literally waste spark GRRR But without spark I can dd for like 10 sec+ without interruptions pig-2.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    So correct me if I'm wrong, but here is how I understand this

If you don't want to go for the cape - you don't need to worry about doing towers until the 13th and 14th of January, for the check that week, as ONLY the final week will get any rewards. The first weeks are merely checks for the cape at the end?

Foolish.
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    @shade13 im sure your fine and as i said its just a base time that i as a sin did it , range dd can do faster adn your right end rooms do take longer as i said my point was some do all 108 rooms in 2hr 25mins my sin is r9+10 with +12 weapon and with max attack and dmg it really doesnt make much difference what gear you have but to get a time of 2hr 25m(or around there) seems odd since most of the rooms are a set time *protector 5m20 for boss etc
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Wait, so let's say I get 2nd one week prior to the final week, within the ranking checking time. However I don't get the top 5 in the final week because I couldn't do it within the checking time limit, BUT my time from the previous check is better than the times for the final week's check. Do I still get a reward or is time completly ignored and only ranking for that final week counts?
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • wibles
    wibles Posts: 57 Arc User
    the people complaining about buff farming and how that takes out the "effort", and the people complaining about the check in dates being set on fridays rather than allowing more time before reset.......those are two points that make the competition more fair tbh. ^^

It IS possible to farm buffs to make the tower easier per room, which 1.) makes gear less relevant-- it won't be a competition limited to only endgame players if you have buffs to compensate. For example, a full set of Dieties doesn't make much of a difference next to maxed attack buffs. So it allows anyone who's willing and able to put in the work and time to participate. 2. That method of challenging the tower actually demands MORE time, even though it results in a lower overall time score. Which brings it to the point of the check in dates being so soon after reset.....

By setting the dates in the middle of the reset, and limiting the time you have to post your run, it IS making it harder....you can't spend all week farming buffs and and carefully manipulating the system; you will have to put in the effort to get the best score possible in the time available. So no one can complain that "If I cs'ed more/bought more gear, I could compete too;" "If I had more days I could re-run and get better stats."

It isnt "easier" for people since even the people that will farm buffs will have to put in more time and effort to achieve it, but will have limited time, making it a rush for everyone to get though. We all are given the same handicaps, so do your best ^^
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Meanwhile on pwcn
    wU5vGPM.png

Our times still have a long way to go before they are really maxed. Ive figured out how to get 2:21 or so but it's getting pretty hard to squeeze out more seconds.
    ​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I still think a crown a more fitting win or give me my damn base helm faster
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Them crazy Chinese players. monkey-11.gif​​
  • shade13
    Ok, I realised one thing: the faster you do the tower... the more time you spend for it fox-2.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    asterelle said:

Meanwhile on pwcn

wU5vGPM.png

Our times still have a long way to go before they are really maxed. Ive figured out how to get 2:21 or so but it's getting pretty hard to squeeze out more seconds.
    ​​

thats sick. and if i judge the names right, its 1 person with 3 chars + a couple of people with 2 chars in there?
    they must have figured something out that the mortals of us havent yet. faster way to spawn the boss in the tower room maybe?
    i really dont know how i could reduce my time by another 40 minutes on a max geared psy.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    Can the check-in days be moved to Monday or Tuesday so people who work can participate?
    Much appreciated.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    klys wrote: »
    Can the check-in days be moved to Monday or Tuesday so people who work can participate?
    Much appreciated.
    If you read the first page.....
    asterelle wrote: »
    Also currently the days in which you check the rankings are only 2 days after the rankings do their weekly resets on Wednesday.
    Putting together a strong time is actually pretty demanding and takes longer overall than a casual run.
    Can you change the days you check to the times from Friday to Tuesdays?
    Can't unfortunately. Those are hard locked to our datapulls.

In other words, "No".​​
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This event is rigged because players can exploit the tower. Look at player Satyrion on Twilight Temple, he exploited the system and got an impossible time. Even if you did every room with the minimum times it would still take 1hr 48 mins approximately. Each room has a minimum completion time because you must wait for the NPCs to spawn, for example the tower defense type room takes a minimum of 5 minutes 20 seconds. This player obviously exploited the system and cheated and should be disqualified. Also, the player should be banned for abusing a glitch/exploit.
This discussion has been closed.