The Challenge of Champions!

1234689

Comments

  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 308 Arc User
    I like how everyone think it was stupid I got this unrealistic time. At least GMs will take it serious now.
    Mission complete! tiger-42.gif​​
    Satyrion - Sanctuary (mypers.pw/9/#436708) Hoorah
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2015
    shade13 said:

    Bare repeating shouldn't count as exploit because it's an official way to run tower. Some ppl just can't do it without repeating. Also it takes a lot of time even tho it doesn't go into account. And it doesn't guarantee you best time at all even if you are endgame 20/20 from the 1st room. Last stages bosses are not one shot even in this case. And class (dis)advantages still affect the result.​​

    "It doesn't bare repeating" is a figure of speech that means I am not going to repeat to you the information I have on how it is accomplished. It has nothing to do with repeat runs. :)
  • asterelle
    asterelle 🦝🧁🐍🎀🔥🤹🥶🌟🌸🧢🏹 Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If you actually are able to detect this exploit (I have my doubts), is there any way you can automatically remove those who use the exploit from the weekly rankings? Even if they are disqualified from this event it would be nice to avoid having the rankings cluttered with impossible times. I don't think banning is necessary as there is no serious impact outside of this one event but it's kind of sad to see a run you put a lot of effort into getting destroyed by a run with an exploit.​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    hockey57 said:

    Certain people figured this out about a week and a half after the instance was released and have been abusing it since. However, they weren't stupid enough to make it noticeable.

    I really do hope you are checking everybody for abuse of it, because there are more of them hiding in the rankings.

    I stand by my initial statement that it should just be a drawing for everyone that completes it. This will make all the abusers efforts go to waste.

    So you are basically telling me that nearly all top-timed ppl in the rankings have been abusing this glitch for a while now? Wow. Now I really am proud of my 2:20, even the 2:38 I had last week without even farming buff points.

    We should disqualify them all. Seriously. I sit there all day, work my butt off to get the best time possible and others just cheat their way to the top. Pathetic.

    Thank you Domino for addressing this issue cause it would be hella annoying to lose to cheaters in a contest like this.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    We're looking into it. I have to await a response from the devs as to whether or not we can remove those players from the rankings.
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    "<blockquote class="Quote" rel="thenamesdomino">We're looking into it. I have to await a response from the devs as to whether or not we can remove those players from the rankings.</blockquote>"

    @thenamesdomino

    I am curious as to whether people like myself are to be punished and disqualified from the competition for submitting a ticket with ss or vids to prove the exploit. When it was first noticed, many doubt it was an exploit...a few friends came to ask me if the completed time frame 1hr 36min was legit, and I set out to prove our instincts were correct because we had no proof to back up our claim. So far, I am still on lvl 2 of the tower after having discovered how it was done and sent a ticket with the details. So am I not alow to continue with out exploits?

    So far there is only one person on the rankings obvious of exploiting it, but you claim there are multuple...and I hope that none of those like asty, snow, and I who are top ranked without exploits, are accused as one.
    Post edited by neodaystar on
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    "It doesn't bare repeating" is a figure of speech that means I am not going to repeat to you the information I have on how it is accomplished. It has nothing to do with repeat runs. :)

    Got it, tho we have some ppl picking at repeating rooms for buffs too, which is not a bug but a feature (:
    ​​
  • rapholder
    rapholder Posts: 12 Arc User
    I expect there to be no changes or consequences handed out. Why start now? The response was as vague as one can get. We figured it out, but won't tell you how we tracked them down, because then you'd know it is bs. I expect no more than how they "punished" the 10* glitchers. And Joe, we get it, you're great. Who would have guessed that a class that can move while attacking would be able to go fast.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    It's not that we won't it's that I can't. NDA is a thing.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    BTT: If someone really only used the glitch to find the issue itself they shouldnt get banished for it. We all should stay fair and behave like true sportsman imho.

    And now something funny: I've just reproduced the bug NOT INTENTIONALLY tiger-2.gif I didn't know how it worked. And to be honest, it could be used accidentally, not all floors of course, but few. If you don't look at your timer you won't even discover it at once.
    Not gonna use it though, and (if someone gonna rage and vote to ban me for years) I'm not competing for reward since will be away half of the event. But lol...
    ​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Thats interesting. I wonder if I accidentally did it now tiger-17.gif I dunno how its done and probably wont cuz I dont do tower but if its that easy to come across I sure hope PW goes easy on people.​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I dunno if it's allowed to describe it (actually I don't see any point to keep it in secret, since a lot of ppl know about it now).
    eirghan, as for you, I don't think you did, because not the most suitable class for that, but for me it happened many times fragmentarily before. It just didn't occur to my mind to use it in my favor O.o

    Also, tower has some bugs, I heard someone complaining at bosses that refused to die that they had to reenter the floor. Few times I didn't get sphere on challenge protectors in inventory, so I had to reset the floor too.
    So, it just could be taken as a usual bug and payed no attention to.

    In this case, I don't see much point in time rankings at all. If you spend a lot, they will think you are a loser who didn't even guess to "correct" your time pig-2.gif If you do it in average amount of minutes, there is nothing special to keep rankings for. If you do it reasonably fast, you will be doubted you did it fair. And if you do it super fast, you'll be auto counted as a cheater and nobody will believe you it was legal (if it was), since you can easily "draw" the time you wish. And if you don't care what others say or think, these rankings are even more useless for you pig-47.gif
    ​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Its easy to do by accident if you are mystic or venomancer. Seekers and Stormbringers can do it as well, but that would be a 99.999% chance they did it on purpose.
    The first two weeks after the expansion I did the glitch by accident like 5-7 times during 108 rooms (at least where I realised it). However, it was last week on the top floors I realised how it actually worked out and where I learned it, also where I decided I would try it for fun the next week (which is this week). It had actually nothing to do with this contest lol, this thread was posted the day after I finished tower last week.

    But again thats a bad thing that you can do it quite easily do it by accident on venomancer and mystic. If it happened 6 times during their 108 rooms, that is an easy ~15 minutes "advantage" (depends on rooms). <-- but if you go easy on venomancers and mystics, they can also take advantage of knowing this and do a few rooms glitched to improve time and still be able to qualify.

    tiger-9.gif​​
    Satyrion - Sanctuary (mypers.pw/9/#436708) Hoorah
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    shade13 said:

    I dunno if it's allowed to describe it (actually I don't see any point to keep it in secret, since a lot of ppl know about it now).

    eirghan, as for you, I don't think you did, because not the most suitable class for that, but for me it happened many times fragmentarily before. It just didn't occur to my mind to use it in my favor O.o



    Also, tower has some bugs, I heard someone complaining at bosses that refused to die that they had to reenter the floor. Few times I didn't get sphere on challenge protectors in inventory, so I had to reset the floor too.

    So, it just could be taken as a usual bug and payed no attention to.



    In this case, I don't see much point in time rankings at all. If you spend a lot, they will think you are a loser who didn't even guess to "correct" your time pig-2.gif If you do it in average amount of minutes, there is nothing special to keep rankings for. If you do it reasonably fast, you will be doubted you did it fair. And if you do it super fast, you'll be auto counted as a cheater and nobody will believe you it was legal (if it was), since you can easily "draw" the time you wish. And if you don't care what others say or think, these rankings are even more useless for you pig-47.gif
    ​​

    They WILL find ways to 100% determine who abused the glitch or not. Ok, in all honesty I doubt they will be able to but seriously. 2:20 is atm the fastest legit time and if I get disqualified I will simply record my next run completely and post it to them. No prob. Anyone should do that if they get doubted.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    jsxshadow said:


    They WILL find ways to 100% determine who abused the glitch or not. Ok, in all honesty I doubt they will be able to but seriously. 2:20 is atm the fastest legit time and if I get disqualified I will simply record my next run completely and post it to them. No prob. Anyone should do that if they get doubted.

    Good advice. Thats what the players in Blacklight do as well when they get hackusated. :)

  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    Think someone has found a way to cheat in Heavenfall to get a time of 1:36:18 that's an insane time even with getting all your buffs first.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Support Guru Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    ellavo wrote: »
    Think someone has found a way to cheat in Heavenfall to get a time of 1:36:18 that's an insane time even with getting all your buffs first.
    You might want to read the last two pages.
    Start at the first post on page 4. samurai-48.gif​​
  • hi0ne
    hi0ne Posts: 7 Arc User
    So in rankings as we all can see now there is a veno which done tower in 1.36.18 so i wanted to make some calculations based on some %100 sure timings.

    All calculations are based on OP Luck and One-Shot everything,no channelling.

    12x per regular room
    ---------------------------
    1)Challenge of Calamity-----5 Sec---------1min
    2)Challenge of Beleivers----14 sec--------2min 48 sec
    3)Challenge of Protectors---5min 21 Sec--62min 6 sec
    4)Challenge of Elements----7 sec----------1min 24 sec
    5)Challenge of Pilgrim-------48 sec--------9min 36 sec
    6)Challenge of Energy-------52 sec--------10min 24 sec
    7)Challenge of Portal--------42 sec--------8min 24 sec
    8)Challenge of Monk--------29 sec--------5min 48 sec
    -------------------Regular Rooms Sub Total------------
    101 min 30 sec=1h 51min 30 sec.

    Rooms like #3 have some regular times where boss spawns at #3 boss spawns at 5.20 always considering cast times best score can only be 5.21...
    Monk room boss spawns 0.28 if you kill mobs if you cant spawns at 32nd sec.

    So someone is cheating tho.Considering Boss rooms except for 99-108 which i have no clue what could be the best score,i dont think its even possible to complete lets than 2h overall.
    DarkCaleb-Dawnglory
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    null
    Read the last few pages of thread, we've been over this already
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    wesker said:

    jsxshadow said:


    Well. Reset the first room til you got element towers to kill. finish it in 5 seconds. redo that 2000 times. Finish tower in 2h. How do you think a pitiful archer like asterelle would've made it in 2:25 then? I did 2:38 without doing that pathetic stuff. Just wait for next week. then I'm going for max possible time :D 2:00 ijs

    jsxshadow said:


    They WILL find ways to 100% determine who abused the glitch or not. Ok, in all honesty I doubt they will be able to but seriously. 2:20 is atm the fastest legit time and if I get disqualified I will simply record my next run completely and post it to them. No prob. Anyone should do that if they get doubted.

    you are such a pr0 PvE sb ^_^ you have been trained well by mobs from your server, respect - LOL

    Thank you, but I'm not only playing Storm and I also am not only focusing on PvE. My Storm is still unbeaten in 1on1, just like my barb, with the exception of fights vs too heavily geared duskblades but in all seriousness. A duskblade, that is not half-afk can easily can any caster easily. That's not due to skill tho, that's solely cause Paralyze on this class is beyond broken.

    At first I was reduced to PvP only, now I am reduced to PvE only. Life is funny :D

    @DarkCaleb: Ya, under 2h is impossible. I might be able to get to 2:10...but starting at room 90 everything takes ages longer than before but ya, anything below 2h is impossible, literally impossible. Even if you do every room in an absolutely perfect time you cannot achieve this.
  • wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    asterelle said:

    If you actually are able to detect this exploit (I have my doubts), is there any way you can automatically remove those who use the exploit from the weekly rankings? Even if they are disqualified from this event it would be nice to avoid having the rankings cluttered with impossible times. I don't think banning is necessary as there is no serious impact outside of this one event but it's kind of sad to see a run you put a lot of effort into getting destroyed by a run with an exploit.​​

    why do u have some doubts? you just need to check the log and once u notice a 00:00 in some room you know that player was "cheating or made a mistake" - why "mistake"? coz it can be rly caused by accident just like she/he said...
    testxvi said:

    Its easy to do by accident if you are mystic or venomancer. Seekers and Stormbringers can do it as well, but that would be a 99.999% chance they did it on purpose.

    The first two weeks after the expansion I did the glitch by accident like 5-7 times during 108 rooms (at least where I realised it). However, it was last week on the top floors I realised how it actually worked out and where I learned it, also where I decided I would try it for fun the next week (which is this week). It had actually nothing to do with this contest lol, this thread was posted the day after I finished tower last week.



    But again thats a bad thing that you can do it quite easily do it by accident on venomancer and mystic. If it happened 6 times during their 108 rooms, that is an easy ~15 minutes "advantage" (depends on rooms). <-- but if you go easy on venomancers and mystics, they can also take advantage of knowing this and do a few rooms glitched to improve time and still be able to qualify.



    tiger-9.gif​​

  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    testxvi said:

    I like how everyone think it was stupid I got this unrealistic time. At least GMs will take it serious now.

    Mission complete! tiger-42.gif​​

    testxvi said:

    Its easy to do by accident if you are mystic or venomancer. Seekers and Stormbringers can do it as well, but that would be a 99.999% chance they did it on purpose.

    The first two weeks after the expansion I did the glitch by accident like 5-7 times during 108 rooms (at least where I realised it). However, it was last week on the top floors I realised how it actually worked out and where I learned it, also where I decided I would try it for fun the next week (which is this week). It had actually nothing to do with this contest lol, this thread was posted the day after I finished tower last week.



    But again thats a bad thing that you can do it quite easily do it by accident on venomancer and mystic. If it happened 6 times during their 108 rooms, that is an easy ~15 minutes "advantage" (depends on rooms). <-- but if you go easy on venomancers and mystics, they can also take advantage of knowing this and do a few rooms glitched to improve time and still be able to qualify.



    tiger-9.gif​​

    Meanwhile on page 4

    So i just saw on Twilight Temple server Satyrion got 1hour 36mins! when i asked him/her who is this possible i was told alot of insta channeling pots. . So within 13hours of Heavenfall reset plus the cool down of the pots, and not talking about certain rooms mainly Protectors that boss only spawns 5mins20sec


    I was told alot of insta channeling pots.

    Mission complete?

    Right sure.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • asterelle
    asterelle 🦝🧁🐍🎀🔥🤹🥶🌟🌸🧢🏹 Posts: 861 Arc User
    wesker wrote: »
    why do u have some doubts? you just need to check the log and once u notice a 00:00 in some room you know that player was "cheating or made a mistake" - why "mistake"? coz it can be rly caused by accident just like she/he said...


    I doubt times for individual rooms are recorded anywhere since it only ever shows you the cumulative time. Also someone can use the exploit to fake a fast but realistic time. You'd have to have a record of very specific actions to confirm the glitch was used and I doubt that is actually recorded anywhere. Currently the only classes that can do the glitch though are Mystic / Seeker / Stormbringer / Venomancer so be on the lookout of suspicious times from those 4.
    ​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 631 Arc User
    I always said don't trust venos. I hate when I'm right fox-19.gif​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Well guess, you will enjoy watching a 3h+ video from me next week @thenamesdomino xDDD

    I refuse to post it public tho. Anyone can develop their own strategy of how to complete each room the fastest, I dont need to show em that if that is ok? :D
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Sh*tposting at the speed of light.Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Well guess, you will enjoy watching a 3h+ video from me next week @thenamesdomino xDDD

    I refuse to post it public tho. Anyone can develop their own strategy of how to complete each room the fastest, I dont need to show em that if that is ok? :D

    >He thinks he has time to watch a 3 hour video
    >Implying he will watch even 5 minutes of it

    You've reached a whole new level of being full of it, bruh tiger-2.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:



    jsxshadow wrote: »

    Well guess, you will enjoy watching a 3h+ video from me next week @thenamesdomino xDDD



    I refuse to post it public tho. Anyone can develop their own strategy of how to complete each room the fastest, I dont need to show em that if that is ok? :D


    >He thinks he has time to watch a 3 hour video

    >Implying he will watch even 5 minutes of it



    You've reached a whole new level of being full of it, bruh tiger-2.gif​​

    I know he will most likely not watch it but I will nonetheless prove that my time is legit and to top that off, I plan to improve it even further. Muharharhar, bring the challange on ppl :D
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    PWE will handle this in the same way they handled the glitch in FC.
    Either put things on sale in the boutique that people can utilize in that instance. How many times were hypers on sale in the boutique in the 18 months it took them to do something about the goon glitch in FC?

    Or, make the instance totally useless (like other instances in the game), by nerfing the **** out of whatever you get from this instance. They reduced how much XP the goons give you, which was a big part of doing FC. No point in even doing it now.
    NGTUy53.png

  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Someone that wants to report a glitch and bring attention to it will make a private video and ticket the GMs or something. Pretty sure that person just forgot to consider the time needed to spawn mobs and bosses and got a little greedy with manipulating the timer.

    Anyway its not a game breaking glitch or anything but @thenamesdomino I hope you guys will be careful when judging mystics and venomancers because they might trigger the glitch by accident since those two classes always have their summon/pet out.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    booker27 said:

    Someone that wants to report a glitch and bring attention to it will make a private video and ticket the GMs or something. Pretty sure that person just forgot to consider the time needed to spawn mobs and bosses and got a little greedy with manipulating the timer.

    Anyway its not a game breaking glitch or anything but @thenamesdomino I hope you guys will be careful when judging mystics and venomancers because they might trigger the glitch by accident since those two classes always have their summon/pet out.

    I dont know how tho, I've done the Tower every week on my mystic and I NEVER experienced any manipulation on the timer and yes I always look at my score after a room is done. I don't know what they are doing that could cause this by accident then again I have no clue how it works so...beats me.
This discussion has been closed.