The Challenge of Champions!

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    jasgar said:

klys said:

I like the not so subtle Mystic winner time.
    Let's hope there really is a way to check for people who shaved off time, even if was a couple minutes.

Props to the veno who brought this to our attention with something obvious - it's the sneaky people trying to get near the top without being noticed that are the real party-killers.

I hope there is a way to check for abusers too.
    That would be great at least. I am so not up to recording a 8h+ video every single week now. I would and I will if I had to...but ya know ._.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    opalhs said:

opalhs said:

Yesterday when GM told that he will check scores i was 2nd in my class as i am still 2nd.So i dont need to bother next 3 weaks to do hf again cos we cant get 4x S chests right?
    1 Weak in 2-5 place is enought if we aiming for S chest if i understand rules right?

No you are wrong. Actually only the last week counts for the most rewards. Other weeks are just important if you want to win a matchless wing.

Ty for answer.

Can any GM or other pwi employ confirm this what phoenixpwi say.If he is right than pwi should say 4 weak event for matcheless wings and 1 weak event for S chest not to say 4 weak event for S chest.thats why I think I am right cos thay only told if you going for Matchles wings you need to be every weak 1st on rankings,if you go for 2-5 place you need to be just once in those 4 event weaks in 2-5.

Pls pwi employ explain this.
    Read forum. Already confirmed.
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    jsxshadow said:

bboycraze said:

Was it ever been answered if this is cross server only? Also, does the Friday checking mean for the top 5 of class contention, you have to complete before then?

HE said that it's a contest for each server, so not cross-server.
    It is for the cross server rank.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Before you complain try sitting there for 8h straight and get the best time possible and then check the forums again only to see that someone has beaten you by mere 13 seconds only cause that person finished after you. I will not do the same mistake again tho.

Don't ppl just do their best? tiger-16.gif I hardly imagine someone running tower, then checking rankings and then adjust his time to someone else's. Is it like that - "Oh, I see that one did it in 2:10, okay, I will do it in 2:09:55... So, I have few more seconds... no, boss, don't die yet... okay, now you can... next week I can kill you 5 sec faster"? Or how should it look? lol
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    shade13 said:

Before you complain try sitting there for 8h straight and get the best time possible and then check the forums again only to see that someone has beaten you by mere 13 seconds only cause that person finished after you. I will not do the same mistake again tho.

Don't ppl just do their best? tiger-16.gif I hardly imagine someone running tower, then checking rankings and then adjust his time to someone else's. Is it like that - "Oh, I see that one did it in 2:10, okay, I will do it in 2:09:55... So, I have few more seconds... no, boss, don't die yet... okay, now you can... next week I can kill you 5 sec faster"? Or how should it look? lol
    ​​

Well, actually..if I would've waited for like last minute before finishing the tower and stayed room 100 I could've gotten another 3-5 minutes out of it. Sure, I expected no one to beat this time..but if you have a set goal to beat then it is alot easier to achieve that. The sad thing for me is...that in the final boss room, if I would've resetted it as long as possible to a run in which I only crit I could've saved 1 min alone in that room. ._.

I mean, I would've cared alot..because Domino said its per server. Now Mint is telling us it's cross-Server rank based..I kind already expected getting the Matchless wings to be honest cause I know that no one from my server could beat my time in a legit way. Not that I would need the money so bad..but 1.3b are alot for farmers. ._.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Now I am very confused.... Domino said it's server based and now Mint said it's cross server based.... so which is it? o_o
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Cross Server? What wait i didn't try my best yet because I'm saving my special pots and still farming my QSM recast of morai D; !
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    *starts a slow clap for communication skills at PWE*
    Bravo.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    I would go with what Mint said tbh, no offence to Domino but yeah.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User

jsxshadow said:

bboycraze said:

Was it ever been answered if this is cross server only? Also, does the Friday checking mean for the top 5 of class contention, you have to complete before then?

For me it looks like the rules of competition changed after the announcement.
    At start of announcement, I was not sure about it and checked forum for this and came to conclusion:
    Worth to participate because of server and not cross-server based.
    Especially, also the notes from other players were valid, that cross-server competitions would not make sense on a long run or further competitions of this type.

Now I check again and found out PWI changed the rules afterwards as well as the announcement in english version
    (but still not in German version).

Behaviour to win more trust from the player community would looks different!
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well from how I understand it... It's server-based, but the system is checking the rankings from the cross-server rankings.
    Means your best overall time is the one that counts on January 15th. (unless you go for matchless, then all checks counts) You wouldnt nessecary need to do tower between January 13th-15th if you have gotten a better time previous weeks that would put you on rank 1-5 of people, that come from same server.
    In that case, if a person is going for matchless and have gotten a very good time from day 1, he wouldnt even as much as need to reenter tower during contest, unless someone beat his time (from same server).​​
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Looks like there was a little confusion for how the rankings are going to be tallied. I'm going to try and talk to mint today for clarification. Either way I have data for both the individual servers AND the cross server. So whatever happens we still got you guys.
  • jsxshadow

Looks like there was a little confusion for how the rankings are going to be tallied. I'm going to try and talk to mint today for clarification. Either way I have data for both the individual servers AND the cross server. So whatever happens we still got you guys.

Thank you very much for the update on this matter.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    And also to reiterate. the checks that started on Friday are for the players going for the Matchless Wings only.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    shade13 wrote: »

Doing rooms in the best way takes a much longer time overall due to all the preparation needed for each room. I was actually only doing a semi-serious run for most of the run but towards the end when I saw I was on track for first I switched to taking things more serious.

I'd also like to hear about the cross-server rankings.
    ​​
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It would make sense to me that each class cross-server competed for the matchless wings, as inter-class competition is much more fair. Having one winner per server really only makes it possible for 50% of the classes to compete.

Also.. The final week standings (per server) should be rewarded per class (#1 & 2-5) with the top 5 people cross-server getting an additional reward such as the gem pack. Maybe add something extra for the #1 per-server time like their choice of wings.

To summarize:
    #1 entire contest per class (x-server): Matchless wings.

After final week:
    #1 overall (each server): below + wing token
    #1 each class (per server): Ring, S-Chest
    #2-5 each class (per-server): S-Chest

#1 Cross-Server: + 2 gem packs
    #2-5 cross-server: + gem pack
    Post edited by jwbooth on
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    So if the S chest reward is changed to cross server, I may as well not even bother unless I go restat. kay. egg-35.gif​​
  • zyloo
    zyloo Posts: 3 Arc User
    So first we thought it was per server, which didn't make sense to me.

Now Mintsummer says its for the interserver times only?

Big difference between sending the prizes our per server, or per all servers. I think since the original mistake/post you should just change it to per server. To allow more fun and competition, without just the elitists.​​
  • jasgar
    jasgar Posts: 25 Arc User
    While the terms keep changing, can we also change the reward to a Crown of Madness? Many people already have the Matchless Wings.
    Jasriana- 105/105/105 Mystic (Etherblade)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    @jsxshadow and everyone else discussing this like @wolf359 stop it now. You guys want to carry on that discussion that has nothing to do with this thread, go do it in the correct forum.

EDIT: **** it, I went ahead and did it for you. Here's your sign.​​
  • mayliespi
    mayliespi Posts: 6 Arc User

jsxshadow said:

bboycraze said:

Wonderfull, but the first "ranking check" already happend, the next one is gonna happen within 3 dayz
    Any chance we get a FINAL answer before that ?

Or do you plan do give the rules of the competition after the competition's end ?

Btw, it would be nice to have an official answer (longuer than a line) repeating everything the clearest way possible, so there is no more confusion... yep, would be cool !

Ty

PS : english aint my nativ language, sorry if it hurts your eyes to read me :/

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Pwi doing what pwi does best
  • mintsummer
    edited December 2015
    OK...Looks like we have some problems here. I have following clarifications for everyone, hope it can explain the event better.
    1. The glitch of "Pet" will be removed after maintenance on 12/22. Thus, we will restart the event from 12/23/2015 until 01/22/2016.
    2. We will remove "Satyrion" 's record on 12/22. And restart the cross server rank on 12/23
    3. I updated the rewards list and rule.
    4. For player who participated this event and made into TOP 10 during past week, there will be some surprise for you guys.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User

OK...Looks like we have some problems here. I have following clarifications for everyone, hope it can explain the event better.
    1. The glitch of "Pet" will be removed after maintenance on 12/22. Thus, we will restart the event from 12/23/2015 until 01/22/2016.
    2. We will remove "Satyrion" 's record on 12/22. And restart the cross server rank on 12/23
    3. I updated the rewards list and rule.
    4. For player who participated this event and made into TOP 10 during past week, there will be some surprise for you guys.

Thanks You so much!
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Alright so it seems like the new rules will be just based off of the cross server ranking which does NOT reset week to week. So if you put forth an unbeatable time in the first week you don't have to worry so much about the other weeks.

Prizes will no longer be server based and are only on the cross server rankings so you are competing with other members of your class across all 4 servers. It will now be 4 times harder for you to get a cool prize.

The fact that the glitch will get fixed on 12/22 highly suggests we're getting an actual content update in that patch and not mere localization fixes. I guess that's the date of cross-server TW and Sunset Valley.

@mintsummer You may want to require a time posted after 12/22 (maybe just from all the pet classes - mystic seeker stormbringer venomancer) so people can't sneak in a fraudulent time into the cross-server ranks in the next week.
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • mintsummer
    asterelle said:

Alright so it seems like the new rules will be just based off of the cross server ranking which does NOT reset week to week. So if you put forth an unbeatable time in the first week you don't have to worry so much about the other weeks.

Prizes will no longer be server based and are only on the cross server rankings so you are competing with other members of your class across all 4 servers. It will now be 4 times harder for you to get a cool prize.

The fact that the glitch will get fixed on 12/22 highly suggests we're getting an actual content update in that patch and not mere localization fixes. I guess that's the date of cross-server TW and Sunset Valley.

@mintsummer You may want to require a time posted after 12/22 (maybe just from all the pet classes - mystic seeker stormbringer venomancer) so people can't sneak in a fraudulent time into the cross-server ranks in the next week.
    ​​

:naughty::naughty: The rank will be reset during next week's maintenance.
    Sunset Valley? Sunset Valley..Sunset Valley!!! :wink::wink:

• zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    On 23/12 the ranking list will be totaly empty, right ? Then everything will start back from scratch ?
    I mean... that's how I understand "reset" but I don't get the point to remove Satyrion on 22 if everything is reset on 23 anyway...

I'm kinda impatient if this is a real reset. I don't care that much about rankings (doing it only for rewards and past 99 it's usually not even interesting to me) but I wanna see if the best mystics times will remain the same.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    Thanks for this update mintsummer.
    I hope you also checked the dependencies to your other event where we need to complete this tower for the santa x-mas checklist.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Now that the contest is postphoned and glitch will be fixed, will I (Satyrion) be able to participate? tiger-17.giftiger-46.gif​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I dont see reason why satyrion shouldn't be able to participate if we are starting fresh. Hopefully pwi masters arent butthurt :|
This discussion has been closed.