Common Misconceptions

Options

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oooooooh, big bad bm looking to gank me to try to prove how strong he is. Wimp. Try fighting when the person knows you are there and watch how fast you lose.

As funny as it would be to watch you drop in 2 seconds, I'll have to pass. I'm only using this character to fund my others at the moment. The only pvp I do is TW anyway and since belial fell apart I'm not doing it anymore.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oooooooh, big bad bm looking to gank me to try to prove how strong he is. Wimp. Try fighting when the person knows you are there and watch how fast you lose.

As funny as it would be to watch you drop in 2 seconds, I'll have to pass. I'm only using this character to fund my others at the moment. The only pvp I do is TW anyway and since belial fell apart I'm not doing it anymore.

Name your place time and date. I'll quit PW and give you all my characters if you "drop me in 2 seconds".
    Only condition is you're white named and it's not a duel.

*waits for next excuse*

..oh wait. You already made a pathetic excuse. But it goes without saying, that the pathetic excuse works well for pathetic people. Have fun funding your characters. I'm sure you won't take long seeing as refining past +3-4 is "not worth it and will only make the game boring"

GG. I think after Yulk, you're the second most fail "Can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk" person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't even know where you think you are getting this extra 20% damage from, but I can assure you that any extra damage that you do per shot is far surpassed by how much more often I hit.

Awaken isn't useless, it can be quite handy in PvP, especially against barbs.

congrad... now you can fight 1 barb every 15 minutes. too bad for me there is 1 barb every other minute in my face. and i got the extra 20% considering my raw dmg went up 20% from +5 to +10.... so its a logical assumption.

Lastly, my gear is what Kiyo would consider sub-par. The only thing we're agreeing on in this topic is herced venos will be accepted into squads more easily and that your challenge is stupid. Everything else we care to argue about we can easily do so in guild chat or PMs.

I think my gear is slight better then lenores. but during tw... my gear can only be considered average at best... and thats on a good day... compare to some of the people that i am going up against. with that being said... our gear is still miles ahead of half of the forum readers... which is really sad if you think about it. then again.. i am not the type of guy who compare my gear against bottom of the barrel... there is just no point in that. i am going to compare my gear to that of the best... and right now... i am not sure if i am even making average.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Name your place time and date. I'll quit PW and give you all my characters if you "drop me in 2 seconds".
    Only condition is you're white named and it's not a duel.

*waits for next excuse*

..oh wait. You already made a pathetic excuse. But it goes without saying, that the pathetic excuse works well for pathetic people. Have fun funding your characters. I'm sure you won't take long seeing as refining past +3-4 is "not worth it and will only make the game boring"

GG. I think after Yulk, you're the second most fail "Can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk" person.

it seems everyone got something to say nowadays.

first there is a 7x herc less veno claiming to be better then 90% of the venos.
    then there is a +3/4 veno who think he can drop a bm with 1 cast.
    i guess its time for me to stake my claim. on a crit... i can drop the char behind claim 1 and 2 with 1 arrow if they stand within 6 meters of each other.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it seems everyone got something to say nowadays.

first there is a 7x herc less veno claiming to be better then 90% of the venos.
    then there is a +3/4 veno who think he can drop a bm with 1 cast.
    i guess its time for me to stake my claim. on a crit... i can drop the char behind claim 1 and 2 with 1 arrow if they stand within 6 meters of each other.

Damn, wish I could hop on HT real quick. I wanna stake my claim that I could 1 shot all 3 of you with arma. b:laugh

Ah well...this has been on interesting thread to read.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well... here is the thing. What you consider good might not be what other consider to be good. no offense... but you can consider yourself the best thing since sliced bread... but to me you could just be average.
    you sound like you are just a casual player... not really trying to be the best or challenge the existing best. that to me speaks of being average. the players that i consider good have more way to make money then they have time for. which in turn strengthen their gears... its a forever loop of positive reinforcement.

Umm...I was not going to respond to your post as it makes very little sense...but since you seem to be letting your ego guide you, rather than letting a flawed myopic perspective rest in peace, perhaps your ego needs a little deflating.

You are right, the concept of "good" is a very subjective term, but let us run with it to see where it takes us. For me, a "good" player is one who knows how to play their character. Judging from your retort however, you seem to be persisting with the argument that a "good" player can, and ought to be, defined by how much money they have. *facepalm*

Let me reduce this to an elementary level (using my definition above for what contittutes as a "good" player). Yes, it is entirely possible for a "good" player to exploit the options available to him or her to accumulate lots of wealth. However, it is equally possible for a "good" player to remain relatively poor. Why? Because of the personal choices we make regarding how we choose to spend our time playing this game. There are some people (rare as they are) who are not driven by their egos to obtain OP gear (and legendary pets) by maxing credit cards, standing around AH, grinding endlessly, or having a spare computer run a catshop 24/7. This, and let me make this perfectly clear, in no way impacts their ability to learn how to play their character. Indeed, some of the most knowledgeable and skilled players I have come across have mediocre gear at best. Why? Because they spend a great deal of their money supporting their faction, they spend much of their time online helping other people, and they are wise enough not to be playing a video game all day. Learning how to play one's character, and having the time and inclination to accumulate personal wealth are not one and the same thing, they are separate issues!

I am in no way disputing that some players that know how to play their characters well can also learn how to make money in order to get rich, but seriously, it is ridiculous to equate, without distinction, the knowledge of how to play one's character with the personal wealth people have at their disposal.

My retort to you using your words, "you can consider yourself the best thing since sliced bread...but to me you could just be average [and judging from the quality of your logic]... that to me speaks of being average."
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Edit: Bleh, stupid quote system fails again.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Every lower level with mediocre gear claims to be "incredibly skilled, more so than 90% of their class"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You "troll people" by picking the inferior option?

Sorta like how we troll games by playing the inferior options. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I start air humping when I look at my gear.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Sorta like how we troll games by playing the inferior options. :(

Shush sleep, go away before I 1 shot you with MSS.
    And yeah, Kiyoshi. One thing that gets on my nerves is people saying "I CAN do this, I CAN do that. I AM better than him, I AM better than her" but when called out it's ALWAYS some form of excuse.

Anyway, what kind of waffles do you people like? I love the ones with pieces of bacon in them b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary
    Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    100% agree with the op .
    Kisma is another boss thats glitched from air pets.

Omni and Kashu 2 of the 49 culti bosses are also easier to tank with magic classes.

As for those that say cash shoping your gear makes you worth something, i totaly think the opposite . It just makes life easier for people who cant be bothered to put in the effort .

Sadly thats what PWI has become, a worthles game that measures your character not by how good you can play but by how much you spent on your gear.

I guess the next step is to add a rep item to cash shop so people dont have to put the effort in for that aswell.

lol rep in the cash shop. don't you know you can get rep badges with tokens now. packs give tokens selling gold to buy tokens. you can get rep with gold now lol
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I won't pretend to know what the attack rate of bosses is, PWDatabase didn't have the info when I looked.

I do know, however, that Alacrity at level 10 can only be cast every 9 seconds. Even with the Demon version it's 7 seconds. I am quite positive of two things...
    1. the boss will hit you more often than that.
    2. I am quite certain that even if you were able to match the timing of casting alacrity with the bosses attacks, (i.e. Alacrity without cooldown time), the boss would be nearly dead by the time you did.

The point is, that you don't HAVE to have a barb to tank these bosses, other classes can perform the job just as well. Keep in mind, a Barb has about 3k mag Def at this level range where a Wizard will have 9k AND skills to boost it even more in some cases.

Don't spend 20 minutes looking for a barb for BH59 when you've got a good wizard and a cleric or two already is my point.

Allllrighty. Lets clear this up right snappish, shall we. Almost EVERY. SINGLE. BOSS. does magic attacks every 10 seconds. And on top of that, most bosses take 2s or so to channel the magic. In fb69, pole & nob, maybe 1s. So. A barbarian with lvl 7 or lvl 8 alacrity (cooldown of just under 10s... I think its 9.5s/9s) can (I have done so on countless occassions) keep aggro, and not take a magic hit for the ENTIRE length of him tanking the boss. Believe it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No, I consider him a friend of mine, a concept which seems to evade you forum trolls entirely, because you wouldn't be the first in this topic to accuse me of such crass things.

Second of all, I don't defend my friends for the sake of defending them; if I respect them at all then I expect them to hold their own in a forum banter. I never help my friends "just cuz" when it comes to a flame fest. I said what I did because, bottom line, your challenge was stupid. I didn't say I agreed to what he thought was "standard" but I know there are definitely more than 100 archers on HT with +10 or better bows. Stop getting asshurt about anyone who speaks against you.

Lastly, my gear is what Kiyo would consider sub-par. The only thing we're agreeing on in this topic is herced venos will be accepted into squads more easily and that your challenge is stupid. Everything else we care to argue about we can easily do so in guild chat or PMs. So get your head out of your *** about me trying to prove I'm "leet" because that is the last thing I care to do right now after coming back from a 10 month break. However, when I see stupid, I say stupid, period. As Michael said, it is perfectly reasonable to claim there are HUNDREDS of +10 archers on a server such as HT; he was not exaggerating, at least not on the point you called him out on. As for 20% damage over NightRage, I don't know NR's gear, so I won't say anything there.

Boy, i'm wasted... The thing is you're getting in the line of fire the second you decide to step into heated exchange. Justify it any way you want, you're getting in the midst of a convo not to make a point or settle an argument but to take a side. Fine, just don't whine if you become collateral. Hundreds of active archers with a +10'd wep is bull and i didn't issue such a ridiculous challenge as you've made it out to be. Shouldn't Kiyoshi know how many Archers are in his guild and the general level of their refines? Shouldn't he have a good idea what the rival HE invoked is capable of since he went through the trouble of quoting such info as something familiar to him? And finally, hasn't he encountered enough other Archers he should be able to name a handful? I wasn't even asking for a full relation, i made it clear that were he to be right just offhand knowledge would have sufficed. Saying guild so and so has at least 20 Archers that would fit the profile and so on is something he could have done easily. I even made things easy for him asking him to produce a mere hundred, and not the much larger numbers he claimed. Couldn't he simply name 4-5 guilds? He wouldn't have had to even log in...

But rather than finding a response of sorts what i got was YOU claiming such small effort to be staggering and going on a rant against me. Don't try to pretend you're being reasonable, you're not. My challenge was fair even if distasteful, and the only thing stupid about it was your response. If people cannot back their claims they shouldn't make them.

As for herc'ed venos finding it easier to make squads i'm tired of repeating that has nothing to do with actual gameplay, but rather noobish attitudes...

I think my gear is slight better then lenores. but during tw... my gear can only be considered average at best... and thats on a good day... compare to some of the people that i am going up against. with that being said... our gear is still miles ahead of half of the forum readers... which is really sad if you think about it. then again.. i am not the type of guy who compare my gear against bottom of the barrel... there is just no point in that. i am going to compare my gear to that of the best... and right now... i am not sure if i am even making average.

Do you even know what average means? The term isn't meant to imply a quality that can be measured against a standard such as "medium" but rather statistical prevalence of conditions. If most higher levels only hold +3 refines then that would be average regardless of wether you would like to compare yourself to the top tier or the bottom of the barrel of the playerbase... Your faulty logic is further aggravated by your obvious disregard for choice of words.

Better get to bed now...
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    congrad... now you can fight 1 barb every 15 minutes. too bad for me there is 1 barb every other minute in my face. and i got the extra 20% considering my raw dmg went up 20% from +5 to +10.... so its a logical assumption.

My bow is not +5, and I can kill a barb without that skill, it just makes it slightly easier.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Boy, i'm wasted... The thing is you're getting in the line of fire the second you decide to step into heated exchange. Justify it any way you want, you're getting in the midst of a convo not to make a point or settle an argument but to take a side. Fine, just don't whine if you become collateral. Hundreds of active archers with a +10'd wep is bull and i didn't issue such a ridiculous challenge as you've made it out to be. Shouldn't Kiyoshi know how many Archers are in his guild and the general level of their refines? Shouldn't he have a good idea what the rival HE invoked is capable of since he went through the trouble of quoting such info as something familiar to him? And finally, hasn't he encountered enough other Archers he should be able to name a handful? I wasn't even asking for a full relation, i made it clear that were he to be right just offhand knowledge would have sufficed. Saying guild so and so has at least 20 Archers that would fit the profile and so on is something he could have done easily. I even made things easy for him asking him to produce a mere hundred, and not the much larger numbers he claimed. Couldn't he simply name 4-5 guilds? He wouldn't have had to even log in...

But rather than finding a response of sorts what i got was YOU claiming such small effort to be staggering and going on a rant against me. Don't try to pretend you're being reasonable, you're not. My challenge was fair even if distasteful, and the only thing stupid about it was your response. If people cannot back their claims they shouldn't make them.

As for herc'ed venos finding it easier to make squads i'm tired of repeating that has nothing to do with actual gameplay, but rather noobish attitudes...

Do you even know what average means? The term isn't meant to imply a quality that can be measured against a standard such as "medium" but rather statistical prevalence of conditions. If most higher levels only hold +3 refines then that would be average regardless of wether you would like to compare yourself to the top tier or the bottom of the barrel of the playerbase... Your faulty logic is further aggravated by your obvious disregard for choice of words.

Better get to bed now...

Wow, talk about butthurt. I already told you I said what I did because of your challenge. I didn't say I wasn't picking sides. What I DID say was I don't pick sides because I think my friends need help, and also that I think it's incredibly sad that you internet trolls have no real friends that you think people taking the same side means they're someone's *****/hag/whatever. And for the record, you asked him to prove that there are more than 100 10+ archers on the server, you did not ask him how many of them are in the guild, not that it's his concern how many of them are in the guild. Get your own facts straight and stop twisting what you said to save face.

As for people making claims they can't back up, there is no need to "back up" obvious claims. Even so, Michael_dark gave you his evaluation of the situation. Be happy with that and shut up.

What I said wasn't that it was STAGGERING amount of effort, I said it was a waste of time. Only someone with no life could come up with the idea of spot-checking every archer on the server until they can rack up a name of 100 archers with +10 bows.

And if you were any familiar with the game at all, you'd know that there aren't many TW guilds, and usually people with +10 gears or better are in the major ones (the top 3 or so) or independent players. All anyone has to do was look at your "challenge" and know what you claimed in this post I quoted is a cover-up for your stupid challenge. But hey, if you want to change your mind about it, just do so instead of shifting the blame on me just because I pointed out the ridiculousness.

Also I don't see myself "whining" anywhere. In fact I think it's rather hilarious and sad that you think anyone who took the same side of an argument against you must be using each other for sexual favors.

Lastly, you already got your response even before I posted. It was "I don't waste my time with pointless challenges." Just because you don't accept the fact that your challenge is stupid doesn't mean it wasn't a reply.

Oh yea, and about herc'd venos getting squads easier, I did not say it was about skill, nor did I say it was about attitude. It's about herc'd venos finding squads easier, regardless of the faulty logic in the general public that feeds that tendency. Arguing with me about does you no good. My veno friends didn't have a herc for the longest time. I don't think they're bad players. However, the fact of the matter is, they dont' get into pick-up squads as easily, and that is a FACT I was pointing out. Twist my words however you like but I can always correct them.

It sums up to this: Stop twisting my words in general to make yourself look better. I have a pretty clear idea of what I said and I WILL notice when you try to lead them another way or start accusing me of "whining" or whatever the new excuse is in fashion these days when they can't reply properly.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wow, talk about butthurt. I already told you I said what I did because of your challenge. I didn't say I wasn't picking sides. What I DID say was I don't pick sides because I think my friends need help, and also that I think it's incredibly sad that you internet trolls have no real friends that you think people taking the same side means they're someone's *****/hag/whatever. And for the record, you asked him to prove that there are more than 100 10+ archers on the server, you did not ask him how many of them are in the guild, not that it's his concern how many of them are in the guild. Get your own facts straight and stop twisting what you said to save face.

Sadly you seem unable to read, i couldn't have made it any more clear that his claim was of HUNDREDS and proceded to point out how easy i had actually made things for him. And i'm glad to say that fortunately i do have plenty of friends, enough to know that in the real world you don't jump to passionate defenses or get into fights over discussions of trivial affairs. That you compare your online "friendship" with him to something real only goes to show who the real lonely person is. I spend time on the internet to have fun and relax, not to make "friends".
    As for people making claims they can't back up, there is no need to "back up" obvious claims. Even so, Michael_dark gave you his evaluation of the situation. Be happy with that and shut up.

That Michael gave an opinion (and mind you, in rather ambiguous terms) doesn't settle the issue. Your "friend" made bogus claims which remain unproven and hasn't even bothered to defend himself for all his boasts about "balls". It's him that goes silent and you should do the same.
    What I said wasn't that it was STAGGERING amount of effort, I said it was a waste of time. Only someone with no life could come up with the idea of spot-checking every archer on the server until they can rack up a name of 100 archers with +10 bows.

Once again, l2read. Who said anything about spot-checking anyone. The very post you're responding to makes the issue clear so i can only come to the conclussion you are not capable of even elemental reading comprehension.
    And if you were any familiar with the game at all, you'd know that there aren't many TW guilds, and usually people with +10 gears or better are in the major ones (the top 3 or so) or independent players. All anyone has to do was look at your "challenge" and know what you claimed in this post I quoted is a cover-up for your stupid challenge. But hey, if you want to change your mind about it, just do so instead of shifting the blame on me just because I pointed out the ridiculousness.

I am familiar with the game and your "brilliant" conclussion about most ubergeared chars being in only a few guilds is once again something i implied in the very post you're answering. You should consider online education rather than forum arguments if you're so defficient in basic reading skills.
    Also I don't see myself "whining" anywhere. In fact I think it's rather hilarious and sad that you think anyone who took the same side of an argument against you must be using each other for sexual favors.

Your lack of real world experience has obviously made you unfamiliar with what the term "hag" is actually used for. Google is your "friend".
    Lastly, you already got your response even before I posted. It was "I don't waste my time with pointless challenges." Just because you don't accept the fact that your challenge is stupid doesn't mean it wasn't a reply.

Says you. Despite my very best efforts to guide this convo into actual discussion of the subject you people have resorted to nothing but insult and disqualification. While my challenge may been issued in an unbecoming fashion it is legitimate. You can't back what you're saying then you should shut up. It was your "friend" that made a stupid claim, i just called on him to prove it which, once again he could've done with little effort. Except he is wrong so hot air is all the both of you have left.
    Oh yea, and about herc'd venos getting squads easier, I did not say it was about skill, nor did I say it was about attitude. It's about herc'd venos finding squads easier, regardless of the faulty logic in the general public that feeds that tendency. Arguing with me about does you no good. My veno friends didn't have a herc for the longest time. I don't think they're bad players. However, the fact of the matter is, they dont' get into pick-up squads as easily, and that is a FACT I was pointing out. Twist my words however you like but I can always correct them.

I wasn't twisting your words but quoting your "friend" and is not my fault you can't tell apart my arguing against his clearly stated views with challenging whatever you might think. It's precisely that you seem to miss so obvious nuances that leads me to think you are in dire need of basic education.
    It sums up to this: Stop twisting my words in general to make yourself look better. I have a pretty clear idea of what I said and I WILL notice when you try to lead them another way or start accusing me of "whining" or whatever the new excuse is in fashion these days when they can't reply properly.

You seem to be more peocupied with how people "look" than for settling the issue. Me i couldn't care less, i only get into this debates for the lulz. But i'm honest in what i write, which obviously you're not.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't Kiyoshi know how many Archers are in his guild and the general level of their refines? Shouldn't he have a good idea what the rival HE invoked is capable of since he went through the trouble of quoting such info as something familiar to him? And finally, hasn't he encountered enough other Archers he should be able to name a handful?

one works... rankings... go look it up. hell it even sort by server and class.

• Lenore - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sadly you seem unable to read, i couldn't have made it any more clear that his claim was of HUNDREDS and proceded to point out how easy i had actually made things for him. And i'm glad to say that fortunately i do have plenty of friends, enough to know that in the real world you don't jump to passionate defenses or get into fights over discussions of trivial affairs. That you compare your online "friendship" with him to something real only goes to show who the real lonely person is. I spend time on the internet to have fun and relax, not to make "friends".

Pft and now it's "passionate." I didn't realize taking someone's side in a forum argument is a signal I was sleeping with them. My bad? And he is the boyfriend of my real life friend. Jump to conclusions more, if you will.

And I get into whatever fights I want, no matter how trivial they are. That's the point of a forum. If I wanted to argue over something important I wouldn't waste my time typing here. You actually think this **** is important? LOL

That Michael gave an opinion (and mind you, in rather ambiguous terms) doesn't settle the issue. Your "friend" made bogus claims which remain unproven and hasn't even bothered to defend himself for all his boasts about "balls". It's him that goes silent and you should do the same.

It is not a bogus claim, and it needs not be proven because you only need to play the game to know. He actually rarely posts and I'm surprised he stuck to the topic for more than two posts; you must be pretty amusing, I suppose.

Once again, l2read. Who said anything about spot-checking anyone. The very post you're responding to makes the issue clear so i can only come to the conclussion you are not capable of even elemental reading comprehension.

You didn't flat out say spot checking, no, but how do you expect anyone to find 100 +10 archers in a faction when Enrage, one of the largest factions on the server, only houses about...30 archers? In order to even find 100 archers you'd have to check random players. You fail at logic.

I am familiar with the game and your "brilliant" conclussion about most ubergeared chars being in only a few guilds is once again something i implied in the very post you're answering. You should consider online education rather than forum arguments if you're so defficient in basic reading skills.

Oh, the "you're stupid" argument. News flash: it's not an argument. Moving on...

Your lack of real world experience has obviously made you unfamiliar with what the term "hag" is actually used for. Google is your "friend".

See above

Says you. Despite my very best efforts to guide this convo into actual discussion of the subject you people have resorted to nothing but insult and disqualification. While my challenge may been issued in an unbecoming fashion it is legitimate. You can't back what you're saying then you should shut up. It was your "friend" that made a stupid claim, i just called on him to prove it which, once again he could've done with little effort. Except he is wrong so hot air is all the both of you have left.

My post was a direct reply to yours that basically said your challenge was stupid, and you flew at me, calling me a hag or whatever. Ball was in your court. I would have said it even if the person you made the challenge at was an enemy of mine. You need to stop being butthurt and directing attention to the fact that we're friends as the excuse for my intervention.

I wasn't twisting your words but quoting your "friend" and is not my fault you can't tell apart my arguing against his clearly stated views with challenging whatever you might think. It's precisely that you seem to miss so obvious nuances that leads me to think you are in dire need of basic education.

Here we go again with the friend thing...Your challenge, your words, your fault, your stupidity.

You seem to be more peocupied with how people "look" than for settling the issue. Me i couldn't care less, i only get into this debates for the lulz. But i'm honest in what i write, which obviously you're not.

I have no idea what you're talking about in this sentence. What do you mean the way people "look?" I troll forums because people who are defensive and/or butthurt like you are funny to upset.

And what's with this out of the blue statement that I'm lying? LOL. Bring more **** out of thin air please. Every post you make you grab something new out of your random pack of useless arguments.

Take your own advice and move on. I only called your challenge stupid, not you, whereas I'm rather irritated you resorted to personal attacks. How immature. And here I thought you had at least some class, since you can type better than most idiots around here, but no, you're immature like the rest of them. To say the least, I am dissapoint.
    Four Characters
  • raphaelmcenroe
    raphaelmcenroe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hello,noob here for the last few days,and am now learning alot through forums and such,but when i started i didnt use any and picked up quests that i cant and dont want to do for a good while,if i trash them, will i be able to get them back again by going to the same person(s)later on in the game.
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    while herc does not make a veno good... a good veno will have a herc... its just how the games work. decent/good players will always get the best of everything... and herc is at the top of its class.

idiot. a "good" veno doesnt need a herc. herc is good for 1 thing.. tanking. even a low lvl fist bm will pull aggro from a 100 herc. i have a veno with a herc and one without.
    do you use a herc in tw?
    do you use a herc to pk with?
    do you use a herc to send sparks in WS bh?
    do you use a herc to amp?
    do you use a herc to ironwood? nox gas?

i think that veno's without a herc are actually more skilled than venos who just rely on a herc to do the work while they hold down heal. imo.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    idiot. a "good" veno doesnt need a herc. herc is good for 1 thing.. tanking. even a low lvl fist bm will pull aggro from a 100 herc. i have a veno with a herc and one without.
    do you use a herc in tw?
    do you use a herc to pk with?
    do you use a herc to send sparks in WS bh?
    do you use a herc to amp?
    do you use a herc to ironwood? nox gas?

i think that veno's without a herc are actually more skilled than venos who just rely on a herc to do the work while they hold down heal. imo.

Like I said before I have a higher definition of good form what looks like 99% of the forum population.
    1. Since you mention tw/pk. I have roughly 10x the amount of pk kills then you and you are in a pk server while I am pve. Judging by the number of your kills... you don't even tw... aleast not what I would call tw. You are pretty much on the outside looking in while making conclusions to something you never really done before.
    2. When I make a statement that applied to the general public... there may be 1 or 2 that doesn't fit and even now i still cant find that 1 who doesnt fit. Care to enlighten me which 1 of the TOP pk (since you mentioned pk) ranked venos don't have a herc (even though they don't use a herc to pk).
    3. I think we are in overall agreement that a herc is the overall best all purpose tanking pet. A good veno will have the best gears/skills and the money to match. So he/she is going to have the best of everything except the best all purpose tanking pet? Doesn't make sense here.
    4. Are you now going to say that you are better then 90% of the venos out there?

And lenore... we should really talk about this sleeping together... cause I been telling everyone we know that we have... and been doing it everyday for a while now.

• Lenore - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hello,noob here for the last few days,and am now learning alot through forums and such,but when i started i didnt use any and picked up quests that i cant and dont want to do for a good while,if i trash them, will i be able to get them back again by going to the same person(s)later on in the game.

Yes, most common quests can be picked up later if you trash them.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And lenore... we should really talk about this sleeping together... cause I been telling everyone we know that we have... and been doing it everyday for a while now.

Oh, that explains why she is a little frigid. b:chuckle

b:avoid
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    one works... rankings... go look it up. hell it even sort by server and class.

Good idea. According to PWI, there are 172 Archers, for all servers, that are level 97 or higher. Now, i'm guessing outside of a few CS noobs no one would +10 a wep before getting at least Lunar. Only 21 of these Archers belong to Heaven's Tear which means there must be hordes of Archers levels 95-96 sporting +10 weps in order for you to be right... And we all know gearing is so much easier than leveling... Or do people in HT +10 their lvl 90 weps?

Good try, care to have another go you freaking noob?

@Lenore; It took him what? One sentence to answer my challenge? Because it took me less than two minutes to prove him wrong. Oh how stupid i am, to think actually working from real numbers would settle a debate... No, he's still right, isn't he? Because without anything actually resembling evidence you will consider it as something self evident, and even undeniable fact, there are 79 Archers which are levels 95-96 that actually do have +10 weps. Well, since Kiyoshi seems to have taken the trouble of exerting his mind for what must have no doubt been long seconds (actually a couple of days) in figuring out a way to prove me wrong--- i'll at least grant him the benefit of doubt he'll have the decency of presenting a counter argument or admiting the truth.

Try thinking for yourself instead of blindly taking the word of a higher level and accepting as self evident truth their claims. Because the info Kiyoshi so carelessly refered me to is obvious he didn't actually bothered to check upon himself. You're acting as an inquisitor by working on his behalf to supress critical thinking and skepticism, hardly the attitude of someone claiming to be interested only in the actual debate. this is the reason i called you dishonest. And since also you seem to have had trouble understanding what i last wrote i'll spell it out for you; it was in response to your claims about my tring to "save face" and have others look "bad". I don't care about my reputation but about facts. I have been proven wrong in discussions far more heated than this one and been man enough to admit my mistake. Obviously this is beyond the both of you. And still think hag as a term is used today in a manner that has any connection with sexual activity? Did you decide to remain ignorant and didn't actually bother looking it up?

To me the issue here is having a pretentious and unexisting standard shoved down our throats by people like your precious Kiyoshi. We don't all have to play the game according to the standards of a handful of no lifers. And let me make this clear, there are plenty players his level that have a healthy common sense and whose advice is helpful, this isn't about 1xx but about the part of them that would like to impose their moronic views on the rest of us.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good idea. According to PWI, there are 172 Archers, for all servers, that are level 97 or higher.

anyone want to take this or should i.... i think this statement alone just proves that we're arguing with an idiot. 5 servers a total of 172 archers above level 97... thats an average of 34 archers above 97 per server. my guild alone have 30 archers (highest being 103... lowest being 100). i guess there is only 4 more allocated space on HT for 97 and above archers.

• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Exchange nudies and make up!
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    anyone want to take this or should i.... i think this statement alone just proves that we're arguing with an idiot. 5 servers a total of 172 archers above level 97... thats an average of 34 archers above 97 per server. my guild alone have 30 archers (highest being 103... lowest being 100). i guess there is only 4 more allocated space on HT for 97 and above archers.

Your claim was there were hundreds of Archers with +10 weps you had to compete with to get into squads. Can't you read your own words? Is that your foot on your mouth you idiot? You had to prove 100 Archers on YOUR server alone. You blundering buffoon, do you think this is 4th grade that you can cheat your way out of a discussion with "not what i said" logic? How hard do you think it is to go back and find your original claim on this thread?

Stop insulting my intelligence, if you don't have the balls to admit you were proven wrong by your own standard, just shut the h up and go back to "wandering the realm" you eunuch.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Your claim was there were hundreds of Archers with +10 weps you had to compete with to get into squads. Can't you read your own words? Is that your foot on your mouth you idiot? You had to prove 100 Archers on YOUR server alone. You blundering buffoon, do you think this is 4th grade that you can cheat your way out of a discussion with "not what i said" logic? How hard do you think it is to go back and find your original claim on this thread?

Stop insulting my intelligence, if you don't have the balls to admit you were proven wrong by your own standard, just shut the h up and go back to "wandering the realm" you eunuch.

actually there was a mistake in my previous post... there is 7 servers instead of the 5. so 172 (above lvl 97) archers means there is an average of 24 archers on each server. being my guild already have 30... i think HT is taking up some archer allocation from other servers. i mean come on... 24 archers above level 97 in each server... and it didn't occur you that there is something wrong with that number?

• Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tears of blood are falling from my eyes as they slowly burn out of their sockets. Kittens..the kittens, my many kittens have died from the posts by certain people in this thread.