Common Misconceptions

Options

Comments

• ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And the difference between success or failure in those instances is one +10 archer versus one +5 archer? Forgive me for being skeptical that the margin of error is just that specific.

Can you elaborate on that using some basis other than your own personal opinion? :P Or should I just disregard this one?

Hell, people like you are half the reason I went sage. I like to troll statistical perfectionists. :)

Well Miugre you are a rather good archer (squaded with you a few times) you actually know how not to steal agro from a tank and be a support player etc etc.

As for Delta don't let him give you **** as the cleric tanks the boss for around 8 minutes while the rest of the squad goes and digs chests in the other 1/2 of the relam if speed is a problem then only dig for 5 min.

As for 3-3 who cares anymore since they f'd it up no one hardly does them any more.

Only things you have not experienced is nirvana and all i can say is bring -int claws b:chuckle everthing elese you can access.

As for sage archer they are great yea they are not 5.0aps like demon are but the skills where you help support are that much better that is why may alt is going sage too as you know. Sage STA ftw b:victory
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And the difference between success or failure in those instances is one +10 archer versus one +5 archer? Forgive me for being skeptical that the margin of error is just that specific.

If the mobs in delta dont die fast enough the waves will overlap, you will not be able to kill them if your archer is using a +5 slingshot lol. The more time the bosses are alive in 3-3 the more likely they'll hit your squad with an attack you're unprepared for, longer time to kill = more likely to fail.
    Can you elaborate on that using some basis other than your own personal opinion? :P Or should I just disregard this one?

What have you done at 91? Lowbie TTs, a few FBs, and FC. Have you done 2-3 ancient evil even? You still haven't been to delta, lunar, trophy mode, TT3-2/3-3, warsong, or delta.
    Hell, people like you are half the reason I went sage. I like to troll statistical perfectionists. :)

You "troll people" by picking the inferior option?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

You "troll people" by picking the inferior option?

Mmm, I'm aware demon is the more popular choice, but sage archers have their uses on richer players. I like having one in my TW squad, even if I wouldn't go sage myself b:victory ...So I guess I wouldn't quite say sage archers are inferior as I would say they're...harder to master.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you have the money to get 5.0 base, or hell even 4.0 and use wind shield, then sage is even better than demon. But.. like you said sage archers have their uses on "richer" players.

I doubt someone who refuses to get a refine over +5 would be useful as a sage archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hm. o.O

Chrono Pages sell for 2mil on HT, on average. You need 20 of them.

Medium Ink sells for 105k each from the forge NPC. You need 10 of them.

So in order to make Awaken or Blood Vow, you would need a little over 41mil, right? Judging by the amount of coin some people can throw around, 82mil for both of one's 100 skills shouldn't be that impossible a goal for those +12ers.

So unless I'm missing something, why is this so impossible? If its equivalent is just to refine something to +8, and there are plenty of people who've farmed that kind of coin anyway, why does nobody have both of them?

I'm never afraid to stand corrected, but there seems to be a nugget of information I'm missing, here. :P

At any rate, I don't have my heart set on both of those skills, or even one of them (though I'd much prefer Awaken to Blood Vow). I'm more interested in getting most or all of my sage skills throughout the 90s, which would be about as lofty a goal, no?

I guess no one told you about the coins to learn the skills. And of course its not really expensive to learn both of the kills... its just that 1 skills is considered to be worthless (especially considering the cost). 15 minutes for 4 sparks... yea... like that'll come in handy. A lot of the top guys dont go around throwing money around... we get what we need and refine it to be better. No archer needs 4 weapons... or useles 100 skills. Like that RT archer back there... yay that he have more skills then me... and yet i out damage him by 20% per shot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And you talk about people not having balls on your siggy, you coward... b:chuckle
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If the mobs in delta dont die fast enough the waves will overlap, you will not be able to kill them if your archer is using a +5 slingshot lol. The more time the bosses are alive in 3-3 the more likely they'll hit your squad with an attack you're unprepared for, longer time to kill = more likely to fail.

I've seen people with high refined weapons agro everything and get sent to 1k streams so high damage isn't always the best idea.b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've seen people with high refined weapons agro everything and get sent to 1k streams so high damage isn't always the best idea.b:chuckle
    coz they have bad refines on armors or even worse
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And you talk about people not having balls on your siggy, you coward... b:chuckle

I am a coward because I out damage another archer (who has 1 extra skill over me) by 20%... or is it that I have 1 +10 weapon instead of 4 +5 weapon. Or could it be that when I join a squad my reputation (good or bad) speaks for themselves without me trying to convince the squad leader otherwise.

Sage and demon should not be even given a consideration when it comes to refining weapons. Peraonally... i am a pure bow sage archer and demon sin. My archer is for TW only... where it enjoys comfortably out damaging other archers of same refine (per shot). It could be argue that I lack the ability of quick shot and demon spark. But contradictory to popular belief, quick shot isn't that useful when there is 10 other guys smacking the same target. And I rarely even have the chance to triple spark even though every other of my skills gives chi. My demon sin enjoys the same armor as my archer by sharing the same account. Its my pve (aka nirvana) character to make up for my archer's lack of pve damage. And I bet both of my characters will be more welcomed... then say a 7x herc-less veno who thinks he/she is all that. Or I could just log my 101 herc veno with all +5 or above gears.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you have the money to get 5.0 base, or hell even 4.0 and use wind shield, then sage is even better than demon. But.. like you said sage archers have their uses on "richer" players.

I doubt someone who refuses to get a refine over +5 would be useful as a sage archer

I wonder if you would say the same thing if a large majority of the archers were sage(correct me if I am wrong hereb:surrender).
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options

A highly refined/damage dd can readily nerf his/her damage as sitution calls. But a low refine dd can't raise his damage to suit the sitution AT ALL.

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A highly refined/damage dd can readily nerf his/her damage as sitution calls. But a low refine dd can't raise his damage to suit the sitution AT ALL.

I have yet to find a time when my +3 weapon and +4 armor were not more than enough to get me past what was in my way.
    Main characters
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have yet to find a time when my +3 weapon and +4 armor were not more than enough to get me past what was in my way.

I am pretty sure I can nerf my damage to match yours... and I am pretty sure the extra hp/def I have from higher armor refines won't hurt any. So bascially, I can do whatever you do and more... isn't that the whole point of being competitive? And the difference is the things that are in your way is more or less the equilvent of a pebble in my way. I have obeased 30k hp barbs, 20k crit wizards, 10k normal damage archers in my way... and yes... i am going need every extra bit of power I can get.

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I am pretty sure I can nerf my damage to match yours... and I am pretty sure the extra hp/def I have from higher armor refines won't hurt any. So bascially, I can do whatever you do and more... isn't that the whole point of being competitive? And the difference is the things that are in your way is more or less the equilvent of a pebble in my way. I have obeased 30k hp barbs, 20k crit wizards, 10k normal damage archers in my way... and yes... i am going need every extra bit of power I can get.

Getting THAT much attack just makes the game boring, in pve and pvp. I really see no point in ever getting it.

They get gear like that then say that TW is too easy. I wonder why.

It's also NOT "competitive" when your gear is so high no one stands a chance against you. That is not a competition.
    Main characters
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I am a coward because I out damage another archer (who has 1 extra skill over me) by 20%... or is it that I have 1 +10 weapon instead of 4 +5 weapon. Or could it be that when I join a squad my reputation (good or bad) speaks for themselves without me trying to convince the squad leader otherwise.

Sage and demon should not be even given a consideration when it comes to refining weapons. Peraonally... i am a pure bow sage archer and demon sin. My archer is for TW only... where it enjoys comfortably out damaging other archers of same refine (per shot). It could be argue that I lack the ability of quick shot and demon spark. But contradictory to popular belief, quick shot isn't that useful when there is 10 other guys smacking the same target. And I rarely even have the chance to triple spark even though every other of my skills gives chi. My demon sin enjoys the same armor as my archer by sharing the same account. Its my pve (aka nirvana) character to make up for my archer's lack of pve damage. And I bet both of my characters will be more welcomed... then say a 7x herc-less veno who thinks he/she is all that. Or I could just log my 101 herc veno with all +5 or above gears.

No, you're a coward because i openly dared you to prove your claims and you have let that go unanswered.

Now, grow a pair so i can kick it. b:laugh
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No, you're a coward because i openly dared you to prove your claims and you have let that go unanswered.

Now, grow a pair so i can kick it. b:laugh

You posted a bunch of youtube videos while I didn't even bother to click. And really... you actually expect me to prove my worth to every no name wannabes out there. I got better things to do with my time. This is like a hobo off the street of san francisco demanding a CEO of a fortune 500 company to prove his credentials. The bum should consider himself lucky... if the CEO even acknowledge his request.

No one... not even my guild leader will ask me to prove my worth. My skills, action, reputation, and gears speak for themselves... no need for me to add anything. How about... before you ask any questions... make yourself worthy first. Honestly speaking... right now... any mob in fb79 will pose a bigger threat to my hp bar then you.

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok, let's settle this. PROVE ME WRONG. Tell me your guild's name, we'll investigate. Tell me who your rivals are. In fact, list for me all guilds whose archers would be required to have a +10 refined wep and list all independents that you know conform to this standard. Let's see if we can find 100 active Archers with a +10 refined wep in HT. You say logging on once a week is your standard for active? Fine, we'll work off that.

If you're right a mere post with whatever offhand knowledge you have should easily shut me up. Now, DELIVER. I'll publicly apologize to you, admit i was owned and will never again question anything you say if you can prove what you say to be reality in a place other than your head. Come on, i'm just a lowbie 7x veno, show me my place. I dare you.

I don't log in to the game to participate in the wallet race, if i was into that i would be doing it in a club where at least i would get to go home every night with a wannabe gold digger (and yes, i could afford to) not on an MMO where someone living in their mom's basement and having access to his full minimum wage check as disposable income may fancy to be better than anyone else.

I want to live like common people. b:sin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgXzPfAxjo

THIS, i'm talking about your tripe not your char you egomaniac. LOL, you really start blowing steam if given half a chance... Now, back your own words or shut up.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't even know where you think you are getting this extra 20% damage from, but I can assure you that any extra damage that you do per shot is far surpassed by how much more often I hit.

Awaken isn't useless, it can be quite handy in PvP, especially against barbs.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Try to keep it civil in here... or am I too late?

I'm seeing some good discussion so I'd rather not close it.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Try to keep it civil in here... or am I too late?

I'm seeing some good discussion so I'd rather not close it.

It has completely lost the sense of the original topic b:faint

Wen't from Common Misconceptions, to "are venomancers without hercules pet worthless?", and then to the "im better because i say so" contest we see now b:shutup
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its not possible for a thread to be derailed (thats alive long enough) into another track into something totaly different, its the way of pw, now wheres the *game is dead* comments?

anyway, TW was killed more as soon as packs came in, TW was then killed when payments got put into useless stones, also to me, TW was killed when sins arived, not much can be done as a squishy when u got sins roaming around some areas in TW picking off clerics before they leave the base...damn this game gets more anoying each week.

(thread more derailed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well, it's a friday night so i'm off to some drunken debauchery. Hopefully i'll get some sort of answer by tomorrow. b:chuckle
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I didn't even bother reading the last few posts since mine but I'm going to assume someone made a stupid challenge that no one with a life would answer and someone else is making a big deal over it, judging by the few key words I skimmed over.

Edit: Oh, now I read it. Seriously MANray, I am 100% sure there are at least 100 archers on the server with +10 or better bows. Are the in the same guild? Most likely not; Enrage alone does not have 40 archers, let alone 100. Do they all PK or TW? Not at all. Would it be a stupid waste of time to go around info-checking every random archer for a +10 bow because someone called you out on the forums? Of course. If Kiyo went and did that for you I'd boot him from my TW squad for stupidity. He could be mining herbs for TW pots instead of gathering a list of 100 no names with +10 bows, either through cash shopping or whatnot, and he's made it quite clear he's too important to farm herbs so be buys them instead, the lazy bum. Instead of thinking you're all that because you managed to make a challenge no one in their right mind would bother to answer, you should wonder why it's even a good request, considering ALL the PvE only archers out there who cash shop but never made a kill in their life, so they are literally no-names to the PvP world. Do they still have a presence in the PvE world? Yes. Do they have +10 bows? Yes. Would people like Kiyo know of them? No, but he knows they exist, as should the rest of you.

As for why I'm sure there are at least 100 archers with +10 bows, I've met quite a few PVE archers with great bows. That, and I was the LAST person to get +10 in my TW squad (in my A-team); everyone else I played with, from my friends to my friends' friends, had +10 bows already.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Getting THAT much attack just makes the game boring, in pve and pvp. I really see no point in ever getting it.

They get gear like that then say that TW is too easy. I wonder why.

It's also NOT "competitive" when your gear is so high no one stands a chance against you. That is not a competition.
    Most of us have established that for you, being anything better than mediocre is boring and pointless. If we all thought like you the server would be full of identical mediocre people and it would be a boring place. Move along.

Maybe because you never had another decent player "in your way." But then again, you're not even 100, you're still in mid-game stage. I wouldn't refine my TT90s past 4 or 5 anyways.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Edit: Oh, now I read it. Seriously MANray, I am 100% sure there are at least 100 archers on the server with +10 or better bows.

Right now there are 21 Archers in our guild. 14 of them have +10 or better Lunar bows. The rest, I'm not even sure about. I can't say there are 100 +10 bows on our server, but +10 Lunar is pretty standard and I could say there are easily 50-75 of them. It's actually more common than not these days. If you're 10x and don't have a +10 Lunar or Nirvana bow, you're pretty much non-factor these days.

Even +10 lunar bow doesn't hit so hard anymore.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I didn't even bother reading the last few posts since mine but I'm going to assume someone made a stupid challenge that no one with a life would answer and someone else is making a big deal over it, judging by the few key words I skimmed over.

Edit: Oh, now I read it. Seriously MANray, I am 100% sure there are at least 100 archers on the server with +10 or better bows. Are the in the same guild? Most likely not; Enrage alone does not have 40 archers, let alone 100. Do they all PK or TW? Not at all. Would it be a stupid waste of time to go around info-checking every random archer for a +10 bow because someone called you out on the forums? Of course. If Kiyo went and did that for you I'd boot him from my TW squad for stupidity. He could be mining herbs for TW pots instead of gathering a list of 100 no names with +10 bows, either through cash shopping or whatnot, and he's made it quite clear he's too important to farm herbs so be buys them instead, the lazy bum. Instead of thinking you're all that because you managed to make a challenge no one in their right mind would bother to answer, you should wonder why it's even a good request, considering ALL the PvE only archers out there who cash shop but never made a kill in their life, so they are literally no-names to the PvP world. Do they still have a presence in the PvE world? Yes. Do they have +10 bows? Yes. Would people like Kiyo know of them? No, but he knows they exist, as should the rest of you.

As for why I'm sure there are at least 100 archers with +10 bows, I've met quite a few PVE archers with great bows. That, and I was the LAST person to get +10 in my TW squad (in my A-team); everyone else I played with, from my friends to my friends' friends, had +10 bows already.

Taking a break from shaving and stuff (i'm suposed to pick my date in less than half an hour)---- If the guild you guys are in is Enrage i'll refrain from insulting you as a group since i do still have some lingering respect for your previous leader (despite the fact some of your members really did nothing but ape the good name of LC's RQ) but you two are fail. Kiyoshi claimed hundreds of 10+ archers from which to choose from at his range. That's bull, the challenge was meant as an exercise that would prevent you from further exaggeration and making false claims. You people are so out of touch with the actual player base is almost comical. And seriously, who are you? His hag? Can't Mr. Balls to the Wall fight his own battles?

Honestly, give it up, if you want to pass yourselves off as leet by imposing arbitrary standards do at least please have the decency of coming up with actual gameplay arguments. I really got to go, but this is to be continued...

Edit; And finally, Michael i'll trust your info? Care to guess at what percentage of the player base is 1xx?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Most of us have established that for you, being anything better than mediocre is boring and pointless. If we all thought like you the server would be full of identical mediocre people and it would be a boring place. Move along.

Maybe because you never had another decent player "in your way." But then again, you're not even 100, you're still in mid-game stage. I wouldn't refine my TT90s past 4 or 5 anyways.

Because instead of relying on cash I rely on my ability to actually play? I've fought the super geared people in TW, they die just like everyone else.b:bye
    Main characters
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Taking a break from shaving and stuff (i'm suposed to pick my date in less than half an hour)---- If the guild you guys are in is Enrage i'll refrain from insulting you as a group since i do still have some lingering respect for your previous leader (despite the fact some of your members really did nothing but ape the good name of LC's RQ) but you two are fail. Kiyoshi claimed hundreds of 10+ archers from which to choose from at his range. That's bull, the challenge was meant as an exercise that would prevent you from further exaggeration and making false claims. You people are so out of touch with the actual player base is almost comical. And seriously, who are you? His hag? Can't Mr. Balls to the Wall fight his own battles?

Honestly, give it up, if you want to pass yourselves off as leet by imposing arbitrary standards do at least please have the decency of coming up with actual gameplay arguments. I really got to go, but this is to be continued...

Edit; And finally, Michael i'll trust your info? Care to guess at what percentage of the player base is 1xx?

No, I consider him a friend of mine, a concept which seems to evade you forum trolls entirely, because you wouldn't be the first in this topic to accuse me of such crass things.

Second of all, I don't defend my friends for the sake of defending them; if I respect them at all then I expect them to hold their own in a forum banter. I never help my friends "just cuz" when it comes to a flame fest. I said what I did because, bottom line, your challenge was stupid. I didn't say I agreed to what he thought was "standard" but I know there are definitely more than 100 archers on HT with +10 or better bows. Stop getting asshurt about anyone who speaks against you.

Lastly, my gear is what Kiyo would consider sub-par. The only thing we're agreeing on in this topic is herced venos will be accepted into squads more easily and that your challenge is stupid. Everything else we care to argue about we can easily do so in guild chat or PMs. So get your head out of your *** about me trying to prove I'm "leet" because that is the last thing I care to do right now after coming back from a 10 month break. However, when I see stupid, I say stupid, period. As Michael said, it is perfectly reasonable to claim there are HUNDREDS of +10 archers on a server such as HT; he was not exaggerating, at least not on the point you called him out on. As for 20% damage over NightRage, I don't know NR's gear, so I won't say anything there.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Because instead of relying on cash I rely on my ability to actually play? I've fought the super geared people in TW, they die just like everyone else.b:bye

I haven't seen you in TW and 'I'm sub-par' in gear. Well, except for my bow. My bow is +10.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I'd love. I'd LOOOVEEE to catch you white named in west archo. Your posts are the most annoying posts I have ever read and it all comes down to this:

"I can't improve my gear so let's just make an excuse and say it'll be too boring so people think I know what i'm talking about. Yet when I'm called out in PK I will simply say that I do not want to waste my time as x person is not worth my time making it seem like once again. I'm actually half decent at this game"

I use TT90 green with some TT99 gold stuf, nothing above +5. My Lunar claws were +5 until earlier when I f*cked up and refined the wrong weapon (Note to self, don't refine **** at 3 am in the morning) and they went back to +2.
    I would honestly looooveeeeeeeeeee to see you..how did you put it.

"get you past" what's in your way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?