Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yes, yes, sure you can heal, maybe depends if you get a role over the +12 guy, sure you can play anyone can play

no a veno can still pull, less useful next to the +12 guy

you think your gonna get that party when mr uber mcnoober +12 bank role guy comes along with his infinite hp and says basically..
    i cant die i have 14khp as a veno, I can tank these TT bosses, FB bosses without a pet or a healer and i'm charmed.
    Has any of you ever seen +12 gear?
    lets look at LA real quick..
    my +3 LA chest piece lvl 80 gives me like 80 hp
    a +12 lvl90+ LA armor give more than 1,000 hp
    add on 4 socketed +10 vit stones.
    add on the bonuses you get on this end game gear from the packs.

sure you can still heal and debuff or whatever.. but you have just taken a step back in the food chain.
    Not to mention PVPing with your +4 gears vs +12 bank role guy.. I rule in favor of bank role guy.

you nailed the reply i wanted to put down perfically, i just couldent roll it off my tounge

mr huge eq is always gonna have the upper advantage no matter how much of a better lurer u are than him/her
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    .Stuff.

My reply was not a direct accusation or insult at you. The "you" was meant as "people".

However it does not change that you have the option which one to specialize.
    If you find the economic pvp aspect of the game to be too boring, you do not have to do it. If you prefer to not sit around but go out and run TT because that is what you like, you can do that.

Because if people did not run TT, you would not be able to buy the already made, refined and sharded gear. You see, no matter how much you make, you still need the someone to do the runs, or those mats will not be available for you to buy. You being rich and be able to get armor already made only works because someone decided that they rather do TT runs. So you excell at the pvp economic game, while they excell at the PVE part.

Nothing in the game is broken because you make more money sitting around. That is only possible because other players are farming the mats you buy. If everyone were to do the "easy" pvp economic battles only, everyone would be wearing NPC armor, since nobody would have any gear that had to be farmed. (and no, there is nothing easy about playing the economy game)

So, you can sit on your catshop for 4 hours and make more money than if you were to run a TT, so you can buy those mats without moving. This is because, somewhere, someone decided that they did not get the all catshop thing and that they made more money selling those mats to people that would rather sit in a catshop.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    no the only reason i can sit on my **** and make such a profit is because of these crazy releases and sales. sales to a lesser extent really...but if these events didn't come out, i'd have to run the TT, then sat on my **** selling the mats to people who probably got their coin grinding or selling gold or selling their own mats. TT's reward would have been reasonable amount of coin from selling mats i got myself. it's this release and JJ's before it that makes the game so broken like this. it completely offsets the in-game economy because millions of coins and reward flow into the game from an outside source
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Stop the arguing in here please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Ok aryannamage
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not sure this is the place, but it has a chance of being moved here and is affected by this, so why not.

Essentially, the chest of coins doesn't have too much of a purpose anymore. Due to events and sales, it can easily take a while for gold to drop enough for it to be useful, and the expansion will likely see months added on to that as well.

So basically I was wondering if the devs were looking into ways to make use of these crates that are sitting around. It could have a multiple use for it and tie it in to coin cost to make it somewhat decent to get. Such as:

Pay 50K coins for X materials of a certain grade. Can scale the price to mats, or just add a few for each lower grade. Problem to look out for would be setting a price that could make some mats harder to get.

Pay 100K coins to receive a charm for instances, either 20 atk or 20 def. Same total amount as the charm we receive for free, but specialized for individual players. Buying the 20 atk for tank and making sure no one else uses it could make runs go faster and aggro drops less likely. Might make for worse barbs, but we already have those...

Pay 500K coins and 2 chests to receive a wine for TT instance. Reduces X number of normal mobs, allowing for faster TT completion. Amount can also vary depending on the Act number.

Just a few ideas to toss out, that help in both destroying existing coin and also making a use for chests. If it is possible, or seems worthwhile, sending it on to be looked at would be appreciated.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Or you can send coins to Meikos mail box ^^ Don't worry , I will drop the coins in an instance and leave, that will fix the economy

b:cute

We can all share b:pleased
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So, you can sit on your catshop for 4 hours and make more money than if you were to run a TT, so you can buy those mats without moving. This is because, somewhere, someone decided that they did not get the all catshop thing and that they made more money selling those mats to people that would rather sit in a catshop.
    What you're saying is generally true. Normally, once the game economy has reached a point of equilibrium there's a balance between the "workers", so to speak, and the merchants.

However, every time something chaotic happens to the game economy there's a period of imbalance where the merchants can make some truly insane amounts of money doing nothing. This is because the actual players don't know what things are really worth, because they're busy playing the game instead. Or, in the case of the Anniversary Packs, the flood of items coming into the game creates a tidal wave of wealth that you can grab pieces of for as long as it lasts.

I could stop trading, but what for? The appeal of an RPG is the idea of building your character/equipment/team up, but right now doing nothing is the fastest and most efficient way of doing so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Are you selling your gold at 150k now? You do realize that you do not have to follow the trend and you can still sell your gold for 150k even right now, right?

If you want to be part of the solution, start selling your gold at 150k, and you will be able to be part of your own vision.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously, use the correct forum avatar that shows your server and character name and level.

Why would I? So a reseller can come along, buy my gold and make 300k profit off me per? I end up stuck in exactly the same ruined over-inflated game, too poor to buy anything, miserable, while the reseller is off having a ball pimping out his gears out at my expense with my money. When I say I sell gold, I'm talking $10 every few weeks.

That wouldn't solve anything and you know it. It would only wreck the game for me. Why don't I just chuck those millions into some random instance, even better "solution" since it acts as a small coin sink?

Tell me honestly, right now, and be 100% truthful.... that you really believe that if the anniversary packs, and 1m coin boxes and the GA option on JJ.... were never invented and never introduced..... that our economy and gold would be exactly the same and there would be the exact same amount of complaints. Seriously, tell me that I dare you. <.<

And I'm not denying the fact that there would be some inflation, but players aren't the entire problem here. Oh and I would use an avatar if I could =/ Not that I see why level makes a difference but if it makes you happy I'm an 83 bm on sanc.
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    Why would I? So a reseller can come along, buy my gold and make 300k profit off me per? I end up stuck in exactly the same ruined over-inflated game, too poor to buy anything, miserable, while the reseller is off having a ball pimping out his gears out at my expense with my money. When I say I sell gold, I'm talking $10 every few weeks.

That wouldn't solve anything and you know it. It would only wreck the game for me. Why don't I just chuck those millions into some random instance, even better "solution" since it acts as a small coin sink?

Tell me honestly, right now, and be 100% truthful.... that you really believe that if the anniversary packs, and 1m coin boxes and the GA option on JJ.... were never invented and never introduced..... that our economy and gold would be exactly the same and there would be the exact same amount of complaints. Seriously, tell me that I dare you. <.<

And I'm not denying the fact that there would be some inflation, but players aren't the entire problem here. Oh and I would use an avatar if I could =/ Not that I see why level makes a difference but if it makes you happy I'm an 83 bm on sanc.

If you look at other PWs that do not have those things, and they have their gold trading at 500k+ than yes, I do believe that the price of gold would have gone up no matter what, even if our events may have cause things to speed up a bit. Ask any player that used to play in the MY version how much gold was, they will tell you that even now, our gold is still cheaper than the one in MY.

I am not in favour of the AnyPacks coming out again, I was expecting an announcement about a JJ event, and I even posted that just last week when someone was asking about how low gold would go, I said not that low, since we should be getting a JJ event coming up for Halloween.

Regarding the avatar. Its not me being picky, but it will help the GMs when they summarize this thread to management to be able to point out to actualy players, not "annonymous forum poster 1". That is not very useful to them.
    edited October 2009
    malixdark wrote: »
    And I'm not denying the fact that there would be some inflation, but players aren't the entire problem here.
    I don't think it's useful to say the players are part of the problem at all, personally.

I think of it this way: Imagine PWI implemented a "WIN" button. It costs 1 Gold, you click it, and all the mobs you're facing, elite, boss, world boss, whatever, die instantly. Obviously the game breaks and people are completing quests like crazy and the older players who earned their victories are upset because the game balance is now completely wonky.

Then the PWI operators come on the forums and say, "Well, we're open to suggestions to try to fix the problem, but at least part of the problem is people clicking the WIN button. Please do your part and don't click the WIN button so much."

It's silly and not really helpful to blame the players. I mean, yeah, sure, if everybody stopped clicking the WIN button then I guess there would be no problem. Just like expecting everybody to stop opening the Anniversary Packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Regarding the avatar. Its not me being picky, but it will help the GMs when they summarize this thread to management to be able to point out to actualy players, not "annonymous forum poster 1". That is not very useful to them.

Pretty sure they have a way to tell who's who regardless of if you use an Anon icon, your level 1 storage character on Dreamweaver, the level 50 you gave up on in Harshlands, or the level 94 you have retired on Sanctuary.

In fact, one of them has already stated that they can tell what account is being used regardless of avatar (though I can't be arsed to try and look for the exact post right this instant).
    I don't think it's useful to say the players are part of the problem at all, personally.

I think of it this way: Imagine PWI implemented a "WIN" button. It costs 1 Gold, you click it, and all the mobs you're facing, elite, boss, world boss, whatever, die instantly. Obviously the game breaks and people are completing quests like crazy and the older players who earned their victories are upset because the game balance is now completely wonky.

Then the PWI operators come on the forums and say, "Well, we're open to suggestions to try to fix the problem, but at least part of the problem is people clicking the WIN button. Please do your part and don't click the WIN button so much."

It's silly and not really helpful to blame the players. I mean, yeah, sure, if everybody stopped clicking the WIN button then I guess there would be no problem. Just like expecting everybody to stop opening the Anniversary Packs.

... I want a WIN button. b:sad
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    Pretty sure they have a way to tell who's who regardless of if you use an Anon icon, your level 1 storage character on Dreamweaver, the level 50 you gave up on in Harshlands, or the level 94 you have retired on Sanctuary.

However, they are summarizing this in our behave. They already have the numbers so much so, that there was a decision made to re-release the AnyPacks. Do you really want to make them do extra work to prove a point that goes against the decision they made? Want to have an impact, make it so it is easy for the GMs to be able to pass this information up the chain.

Oh well.
    edited October 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    ... I want a WIN button. b:sad
    I bet 90% of the player-base would want one too.

Of course, there'd always be 10% or so who'd come on the forums and complain, maybe even make polls showing that 90% of the forum posters want it gone, but they wouldn't be representative of the whole PWI community. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KatieMorgan - Sanctuary
    KatieMorgan - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I just read the past 10 or so pages of posts, and I must say that WarrenWolfy is one person here (among several others) that really completely understands the sad state of affairs that PWI has currently become and the reasons behind it. I agree 100% with the 6-8 posts of yours that I read Warren.

+1
    edited October 2009
    I bet 90% of the player-base would want one too.

Of course, there'd always be 10% or so who'd come on the forums and complain, maybe even make polls showing that 90% of the forum posters want it gone, but they wouldn't be representative of the whole PWI community. b:victory

Very well put. And the thing is, I cannot honestly say I would not use the "I Win" option ever....
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I dont like anniversary packs, so I dont buy those.

IF everyone were just like me I doubt they were still around, but most of people that doenst wont aniversary packs to come are buying some packs each day.

I only opened 1 pack on the first sale!! And I wont open another. Its like a gift, you only give a gift, 1 time in a whole year, to someone on his birthday.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i hate this event it hurts the enviroment and makes me mad i opened 82 packs so far and all i got was regular tokens b:angry b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited October 2009
    i hate this event it hurts the enviroment and makes me mad i opened 82 packs so far and all i got was regular tokens b:angry b:cry

I think we may have the answer how come this event came back "due to popular demand".....
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    there are people that bougth more than 500 packs IceJazmin... I think some went to 1K packs...
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think we may have the answer how come this event came back "due to popular demand".....

i used all coins to get them except for 10 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited October 2009
    I just read the past 10 or so pages of posts, and I must say that WarrenWolfy is one person here (among several others) that really completely understands the sad state of affairs that PWI has currently become and the reasons behind it. I agree 100% with the 6-8 posts of yours that I read Warren.
    Aw geez, thanks for the compliment, now I'm all embarrassed! b:cute

I try not be be overly negative, and admit when I'm wrong or when I know my views do not reflect the majority.

I know most players like the Anniversary Packs, and I don't really blame them. Why not pay-to-win if you can afford it? Players shouldn't have to worry about unbalancing the game, they should just be able to do whatever they want to get ahead and let those in charge take care of keeping things balanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    i used all coins to get them except for 10 gold.

Someone had to buy the gold in the first place on the packs you bought with coins, right?. Buying the packs, even with coin, is what caused the packs to be so popular that they were brought back "by popular demand".

This is not only about the people that charged zen, got gold, got packs, and opened the packs themselves. There was the all re-selling going on, which has a direct impact on how popular the AnyPacks were.

@Dominatiger - Yups, some people got in AnyPacks in the thousands....2500... 8900...
    @WarrenWolfy - Well said. You are usualy way more optimistic than I am. :)
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    LOL? i suck at the economic pvp game? you don't even know me, how i make money in-game, nor did you get the point of his post all all. yes, i am complaining because actually playing the game is less rewarding than sitting on my **** not playing the game. ironic isn't it? you can grind for 4 hours, i can sit in cat mode in 4 hours, and i can end up with more coin, more exp (if i choose to use said coins for exp). you can spend days, weeks, in TT, losing sleep, getting your gear, i can sleep and leave my computer on afk, and i'll probably get the gear faster, probably already refined and sharded too. this is just too stupid...i have no idea why people run TT, especially during this period of time. are you even reading? that's how broken the packs are.

ever since i started merchanting during the JJ before the anniv packs, i can safely say that just sitting in catshop is more profitable than actually doing anything in-game. and since these events and sales are almost neverending, i haven't really *played* the game in a long time. the in-game rewards for grinding and running instances are so far behind the rewards you get from sales and events, it's almost like a separate world

it's not about being jealous, it's about the game being broken. you remember this one player that mouthed off, made a bunch of polls during the first anniv pack release? he was one of the richest players on sanctuary, despite not having paid anything. he could've benefited from the event so much because he horded an enormous amount of gold from merchanting. so why do you think he was complaining? why do you think he left?

This all 100% true, and ots what i haye bout anni packs stated so eloquently. Theres no reason to PLAY anymore, and so many players are exactly like that. Its harder to find a TT run, a mth ago when i got 80 (lol im still 80, because of these constant sales ive quit playing) i had TT runs back to back all day everyday. Doesnt happen anymore.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Because if people did not run TT, you would not be able to buy the already made, refined and sharded gear. You see, no matter how much you make, you still need the someone to do the runs, or those mats will not be available for you to buy.

Wrong, you can be economic pvp player and still get all these mats to use and sell, a helluvah lot easier than the TT grinder, using the Tokens of Luck you exchange for the the thingys that are used at the mysterious merchant in 1k to buy TT mats.

I dont even know what they are called, im a TT grinder, funny i dont call it "grinding" or "hard work" im PLAYING the Twilight Temple instance was made to be played.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Attacking mods is not really something anyone should be doing in here, she's just trying to keep things civil, same as I have been.

was not an "attack on a mod", it was a defense of our rights to discuss opposing view points. No name calling or anything like OMG YOU MODZ SUXXORS, or anything like that.

We have to post about anni packs here, and only here, and a disscussion will always have 2 sides (or 3 or 4 orr...), and there has been no trolling, "arguments" have not consisted of any name calling or belittling of any other player. The "arguments" have been very civil, especially compared to some other true arguments ive witnessed in other threads.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    there has been no player attacking, only people coming out and telling there side of the story on how this has affected them

people have the right of free speach to say how they feel about something to a certain moderation of course, but as far as i can see there has been no riots or flaming, only a few disgruntled veteran players of pwi.

you have to accept the facts that a lot of people are very un-happy about the return of the anniversary packs so there going to feel the need to vent off or tell their story, and as jasmine said elsewhere, those who enjoy this event arnt going to come here to post their views.. only those who are upset about it will

this is a thread about the people
  • Eviltwist - Lost City
    Eviltwist - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    keep expressing your displeasure in this thread, I appreciate those who have kept it contained to here. b:victory

Everyone else, consider this:
    -We can't read all duplicate and spam topics on days like this, there's just not time.
    -The above is why we ask you to post here, makes it much easier.
    -GMs and moderators do not control sales, so making their jobs harder is not helping anything.
    -Less spam threads needing lock means more time I can compile this feedback and count how many folks are responding here, so it's a win-win situation to post here.

I'm sorry to those who are angered by this sale, but please remember that feedback that is written calmly and without flames is what we need, flames come a dime a dozen and they don't help the situation.

Last time you guys did the same.
    feedback feedback and next month you do the same thing, sorry even worse not disabling duke after a lesson from month before.

To be honest this will end like last time people will simply move on like nothing happened.
    Don't expect any actions taken.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Someone had to buy the gold in the first place on the packs you bought with coins, right?.

I wish people would understand this. I'm really tired of people gloating about "not giving PWI any money" yet having cash shop items. If they hadn't bought the item (or gold) with coins, then the person who paid PWI money wouldn't go buy more to resell. People who buy CS items or gold with coins are just as responsible as people who buy gold with real money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I wish people would understand this. I'm really tired of people gloating about "not giving PWI any money" yet having cash shop items. If they hadn't bought the item (or gold) with coins, then the person who paid PWI money wouldn't go buy more to resell. People who buy CS items or gold with coins are just as responsible as people who buy gold with real money.

+1

If you've ever been given or bought something CS related with in-game coin, you're supporting PWI indirectly by giving those who charge zhen a reason t continue doing so. You can't say you won't give PWI a dime, then go buy anniversary packs from catshops because you are, indirectly, giving PWI 10 dimes when you do that and give the person who originally bought them a reason to buy more. The gold you buy doesn't magically appear out of nowhere and if you mean what you say about "not supporting PWI" you'd start ignoring the cash shop and all items that come from it completely.
This discussion has been closed.