Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yeah it would be nice and its a very good point, just wish that people would put their foot down and not buy zen at such ridiculousness prices. bu you know how it is >< people will always buy them enforcing them to sell it at super high prices. another problem as to why they wont take out the pack is cause people buy them.... Have you guys seen how much red you get on your screen?

The thing that upsets me most is they had no problem saying they can cvare less about the player base... I mean since this is a 1.5 anniversary of sorts I'd say those who made an account in Mid October deserve mounts as well as us having an EXP Event.

GM's why not that? Is it cause that's free? and too good? Too fair? hmm?

*thinks*

Oh...sorry doesn't profit you guys (Right now)
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I wish people would understand this. I'm really tired of people gloating about "not giving PWI any money" yet having cash shop items. If they hadn't bought the item (or gold) with coins, then the person who paid PWI money wouldn't go buy more to resell. People who buy CS items or gold with coins are just as responsible as people who buy gold with real money.

I agree,
    yeah it would be nice and its a very good point, just wish that people would put their foot down and not buy zen at such ridiculousness prices. bu you know how it is >< people will always buy them enforcing them to sell it at super high prices. another problem as to why they wont take out the pack is cause people buy them.... Have you guys seen how much red you get on your screen?

The thing that upsets me most is they had no problem saying they can care less about the player base... I mean since this is a 1.5 anniversary of sorts I'd say those who made an account in Mid October deserve mounts as well as us having an EXP Event.

GM's why not that? Is it cause that's free? and too good? Too fair? hmm?

*thinks*

Oh...sorry doesn't profit you guys (Right now)

...I guess that means no fash for me either QQ oh well b:cry

oh darn i guess you cant edit when you forget to qoute ><
    sorry for the double spam all X-X
  • dawhitemage
    dawhitemage Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    pwe is shorterm>longterm ALWAYS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something. - Plato
    Wolfteam (softynx) IGN: 547212436 ;) (this is a fps game so in no way competes with pwi lulz)
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    pwe is shorterm>longterm ALWAYS

True indeed , I guess they think people wont get fed up. TBH I almost left when these Money Packs came back but I only stayed because my guild was pretty downed about me wanting to quit, that and no other game really match's this imo. I like the visuals and the fact that i don't have to look like every other person i see (god i hate those game with only 5 faces 5 hairs) I love how i kind of look distinct from everyone else ^^
  • Aquilonian - Dreamweaver
    Aquilonian - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wtf this **** again!? I leave for 3 days and this happens?
    "Let's all be reasonable here. PWI hasn't fully kept their word about anything since the "Permanent" Charm Packs. This is just another example. We should be used to it by now." -Isala
  • HappyFace - Harshlands
    HappyFace - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I gotta confess -- I gave up waiting for a "Someone who's up high in the Government"'s responce to all this at page 40-ish.
    Has anyone "from There" ever responded anything here? exept mods?
    Just curious.
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I don't dare speak much because the forums seem to be part of some tyranny and censorship is in the air. I never imagined a game would get to this point ever. (I might get banned after this comment b:bye lol)

Anyway, back to topic, Anniversary packs only caused unbalance and economy wreckage. They weren't appropiate the first time they came out, a second time now? Makes me laugh at the money hunger some people have... Wonder how many Anniversaries PWE will celebrate per year to load their pockets. And as I stated in some previous post, I did a lot of cash shopping, A LOT, and I still think the Anniversary packs were a bad idea from the beginning. Giving away items you need a lot of hard work to get doesn't seem like a pretty sane idea unless PWE only cares about Cash shoppers now.

I have to admit I spent 589 bucks on Anniversary packs last month... I got a lot of stuff, coins and such... gave it all away and uninstalled the game :P. I will install it again (and waste hundreds of dollards on PWI again) once I notice some common sense in the people that manage the game. I'm not blaming the GM's or whatever, so GM's don't take it too personal.

I'll be checking the forums from time to time to see if there's a little hope for this game. In the meantime, I'll be playing with my bunnies and eating cake.

b:bye
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Anyway, back to topic, Anniversary packs only caused unbalance and economy wreckage. They weren't appropiate the first time they came out, a second time now?

I have to admit I spent 589 bucks on Anniversary packs last month... I got a lot of stuff, coins and such...

Once again we have another answer of why the packs were re-introduced, due to popular demand.

So you do not like the packs and think they will ruin the game, than turn around and not only buy a couple for the hell of it... not even buy a dozen of two... you bought 589........ and you wonder why they brought back the packs???? I wonder how many more of the people on this post bought any items from the packs or bought packs themselves. Remember, you are voting with your wallets... and your wallets sent a loud and clear message to PW that the AnyPacks were the best thing since sliced bread.... And I wonder how many of the people posting in this thread have already bought items from the packs or the packs themselves this time around.....

You can put me in for 5 AnyPacks, 1 flawless citrine, 10 angels, 10 teleporting stones. Packs I bought with leftover gold, the shard, angels and telestones from a shop advertising cheap AnyPack items.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Once again we have another answer of why the packs were re-introduced, due to popular demand.

So you do not like the packs and think they will ruin the game, than turn around and not only buy a couple for the hell of it... not even buy a dozen of two... you bought 589........ and you wonder why they brought back the packs???? I wonder how many more of the people on this post bought any items from the packs or bought packs themselves. Remember, you are voting with your wallets... and your wallets sent a loud and clear message to PW that the AnyPacks were the best thing since sliced bread.... And I wonder how many of the people posting in this thread have already bought items from the packs or the packs themselves this time around.....

You can put me in for 5 AnyPacks, 1 flawless citrine, 10 angels, 10 teleporting stones. Packs I bought with leftover gold, the shard, angels and telestones from a shop advertising cheap AnyPack items.

<-- Innocent, hated them then and hated them now I bought No packs :)
    The closest thing i did do was buy Flawless shards for 100k each which was a total steal. ;) But thats the other issue as well with these packs
    anything that is earned with hard work and skill has just went down the drain now its a game of luck and who spends the most money to "get lucky" They should Renames the danged packs "horror Packs" since thyedid not give us a Halloween event
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol

I know my post and my behavior go different ways... BUT! I bought the packs cuz I had decided to quit when people started getting endgame gear I had been working hard to get. I knew it wasnt worth staying in PWI. So, since I had made up my mind about quitting, I bought a lot of packs and gave away skill books to guildies, 10m coins to some other, 5m to some another, gear, and everything in my inv. I had 589 gold in my CS wallet so I had to do something with it :P. Investing almost 180m coins in helping friends and guildies seemed like a good way to make my leave. I helped those that couldn't afford to CShop, that was my last good deed.

We all know that things are never "corrected" in PWI, so I had to deal with it the best way possible. Helping people close to me seemed okay to me.

and NO, I don't like Anniversary packs! LOL
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Anyway, back to topic, Anniversary packs only caused unbalance and economy wreckage. They weren't appropiate the first time they came out, a second time now? Makes me laugh at the money hunger some people have... Wonder how many Anniversaries PWE will celebrate per year to load their pockets. And as I stated in some previous post, I did a lot of cash shopping, A LOT, and I still think the Anniversary packs were a bad idea from the beginning. Giving away items you need a lot of hard work to get doesn't seem like a pretty sane idea unless PWE only cares about Cash shoppers now.

I have to admit I spent 589 bucks on Anniversary packs last month... I got a lot of stuff, coins and such... gave it all away and uninstalled the game :P. I will install it again (and waste hundreds of dollards on PWI again) once I notice some common sense in the people that manage the game. I'm not blaming the GM's or whatever, so GM's don't take it too personal.

I am in the same boat...I did not spend much on the packs and only got a few things I wanted from them (via Mysterious Chips which I have trouble getting otherwise) but eeeh...

Once I realized what those packs really contained I realized how bad of an idea they where. It showed me that PW is nothing but an unabashed Grind Fest with NOTHING else to it. No depth whatsoever and so while it has beautiful graphics and wonderful character aesthetics you can hardly do much with it because all you do is kill the same monsters the same way over and over. No socializing devices whatsoever and not even any puzzles or anything outside of the grind. With that in mind I knew it was a game for people who love to achieve long hard goals and to see them then give away these achievements for $1.00 a piece blew my mind. I thought it must have been just a horrible mistake and misunderstanding. I figured they just did not realize how inane it was to sell away people's hard work doing the ONLY THING you can conceivably DO in the game.

So now you have people who may as well just do Dailies until high enough level to wear their uber gear and they will whine about being bored out of their minds because there is NOTHING TO DO. That is because they did not have to work to perfect their character and get all the end game gear they are now sporting.

But I figured it had to be a mistake...Others said it was a money grab and that they figured PW was done but I did not believe them. Now they are back...If it was a mistake they would have learned from it and not repeated it...So...I am left to conclude that it really was just a money grab and one that must have worked well enough to do it again.

Considering that PW is up against some powerful opposition in the MMO market which just came onto the scene now was the worst time of all to send a very clear message to those die hard fans who stuck through the last sale that they do not care about them in the slightest and will do whatever fills their pockets the fastest...

I do send my condolences to the GM's who get caught in the middle of all this as their job...Always fun being the one to take it for the team...

Anyway...I have also really lost my interest in this game and have stopped bothering to log in. I will likewise check the forums from time to time to see if it sounds good enough to come back and if not oh well. I am already playing another MMO which is currently just more fun so no big loss to me, except that I hate seeing potential go to waste like it is doing with this, what could be a great, game.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yea i actually created a thread to flame anniv packs but GMS sealed my thread.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yea i actually created a thread to flame anniv packs but GMS sealed my thread.

If course they will, i got cautioned this very thread for pointing out a certain mod was telling us not to argue, when we were discussing the anni packs.

Sure feels liek that dnt want us to have any freedom of speech, however deliberately intending to start a thread to "flame" deserves to be closed, locked, drawn and quartered and summarily deleted.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Anniversary packs the first time round....bad idea.
    Anni packs round 2......real bad idea.

But meh, ya'll gotta make some $$......so nothings gonna change that.

But please, please, pretty please with sugar on top, turn that Duke's shout off. Its really annoying.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    its all in the power of speech people :)
    well, you can put forth a point without getting too personal. Sure, rant when you are furious at something, but please keep in mind this is a discussion forum. A post loaded with personal feelings will not go far and produce much result.

i admit, i rant and i flame, but after things settle down i realised theres not really a point being discussed. A reasoned argument is when you keep the biasness in check while arguing for ur point :)
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Anniversary packs the first time round....bad idea.
    Anni packs round 2......real bad idea.

But meh, ya'll gotta make some $$......so nothings gonna change that.

But please, please, pretty please with sugar on top, turn that Duke's shout off. Its really annoying.

LOL the dukes shout is just a marketing tactic, OMG he got that, and that and they got this? Makes certain people with lots if money to burn WANT to spend, And annoys people with no money to spend and the feeling is they dont care about you if you have no money to spend.

Duke is an awesome inspiration for sales, everyone loves to see people can actually win something good, and that makes them want to be in on it too.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL the dukes shout is just a marketing tactic, OMG he got that, and that and they got this? Makes certain people with lots if money to burn WANT to spend, And annoys people with no money to spend and the feeling is they dont care about you if you have no money to spend.

Duke is an awesome inspiration for sales, everyone loves to see people can actually win something good, and that makes them want to be in on it too.

what most people dont know is the number of people getting 15tokens of luck at that same instance when duke shouted, "let it be known that xxxxx has recently acquired - token of best luck"
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

I agree with this as we hear lots of Duke already.

I would just let those who want Anniv. items to get the luck or best of luck nothing other from the PWI Agent.This may help stable the economy.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why Anniversary Packs are a bad idea:

When an archer can get more HP than a barb. And still have 40-50% crit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rukhmath
    rukhmath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's one reason why I keep encouraging people to have their friends come post here even if they rarely use forums, even though 784 posts seems like a lot, it's really less than 10% of the entire population before you even factor in people who are posting here more than once. b:shocked

THIS^

/THREADb:bye
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Quuenia - Heavens Tear
    Quuenia - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is something that is happening to all FtP games. if you've played a few till now you would realise that this is a somewhat natural evolution. i remeber that in october last year i was talking to someone about pwi compared to another ftp game (irrelevant which one) that we were playing. the conversation sounded something like: "in time i bet pwi will start to be 90%cash shop based, because with all the upgrades that will come, paying the employees will be harder and harder...they will start releasing endgame gear in cash-shop (only packs in here but...heh...still b:surrender), they will have sales after sales, the posibility to lvl faster will be given to you if you invest some money (oracles here/exp packs in the other game) etc etc etc" We were pretty right.

But let me tell you how that Other game became now. I qutted it at lvl 100 but i still log in from time to time. every time, i find in mailbox a special item sent by "X-game staff"...double exp for a month or a free item to develop skills (a thing that was verry expensive in cash shop when i was playing the game...VERRY EXPENSIVE) and many others b:shutup. I walk on the streets of high lvl towns (like the ones in Heaven/Hell here) or low lvl towns (like Battlemark village here) and ....with all free items...with all their fight to bring back players....almost all the game is empty. b:bye

Don't think that the things happened in half year or in 1 year...no way...pwi needs a lot more time to become like that. pwi is still young and ppl here did not experienced everything that worth seeing. and with all the new content that they are bringing we all still have a lot of things to see.

But please pwi staff do not destroy your own game. Do everything you want with cashshoppers but in decent limits..take a break from time to time, let them check 2 times their credit cards. and dear cash shoppers, please..do invest 3k+ USD/ month in a bunch of pixels so that we can have new content and be able to enjoy this game as much as possibile (enjoy=be able to log in and still find enaugh players online to for a team, as i said...it can get worse b:laugh).
    If this game does not become ftp things will remain like this, exactly like this. ptp game=ALL players pay a fee/month...ftp game= a FEW heavy cashshoppers hold the servers up (money to invest in new content, paying employees, solve technical problems etc). Think what will happen to this game if nobody will invest in anything that comes to cash shop, or if they invest only a SMALL amount of money....BYE BYE PWI:D

TY for reading my wall-of-text
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's one reason why I keep encouraging people to have their friends come post here even if they rarely use forums, even though 784 posts seems like a lot, it's really less than 10% of the entire population before you even factor in people who are posting here more than once. b:shocked

Thanks, spoon. I got the idea why it was "popular demand"...
    If this is only 10% who complain, then it turns out that rest 90% approves it? Then it really was "popular demand". Reminds me of "remaining silent shows approval"

So, dear players, pwi is democracy... no matter how much we complain, we will remain as minority unless we get 50%+1 to post here. And that is rather impossible. So yea... *waits for Aniversary packs:Returns at December 14th*
  • rukhmath
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thanks, spoon. I got the idea why it was "popular demand"...
    If this is only 10% who complain, then it turns out that rest 90% approves it? Then it really was "popular demand". Reminds me of "remaining silent shows approval"

So, dear players, pwi is democracy... no matter how much we complain, we will remain as minority unless we get 50%+1 to post here. And that is rather impossible. So yea... *waits for Aniversary packs:Returns at December 14th*

You have realised the truth.

Well done.
    Now you will find your gameplay much more enjoyable.

The measly amount of ppl here still trying to gnaw and scrape at what has already been done, are still suffering.

Do your part. Spread the truth.b:victory
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Even if it is popular demand and 90% want the anni packs, it doesn't change the fact that this game has turned into a pay to win game, that is undeniable. If that is the kind of game you want perfect world to be and that is the kind of game you want to be loyal to then enjoy for that is what it has become.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • hauxwell93
    hauxwell93 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    anni packs have lowered the value of coin and everyone disagrees with them
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Random idea for GMs.
    If you want to hear majority's opinion, can't you just post that red notice in game once or twice? "Got feedback about Anniversary packs? Post on pwi forums". That way you would attract attention of those players who doesn't usually doesn't post. It would be more than just "encouraging", but also would show that you care about player opinion and want to hear it.
  • Zynobia - Dreamweaver
    Zynobia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

PWI is a democracy? I have been playing this game for about a year now, and the only thing that makes a difference to the dev's is cash. Cash shop has always been there, and a few events have jumped up here and there that drove the game haywire, but everything always settled out. This is different. Anneversary packs was throwing gasoline on an open flame, and I don't imagine the server economies will ever stabalize from it all. Unfortunately, something like this is very much like a lion that gets a taste for human blood, they are not going to stop now. "Back by popular demand" is a load of ****. "Back because very profitable" is the more accurate statement. They made thousands and thousands and thousands off the first run of the Anneversary packs, and got a taste for it, which is why its right back in the game live again. Its not popular demand, or even player demand as a consideration, its greed, pure and simple. Meanwhile, room 27 in the cube is still screwed up, RB can still kick you out to 1k, final boss in fb59 still glitches, and a myriad of other actual gameplay issues are ignored by the dev's every day, because they are too busy working on code for whatever cash shop event they will be having the next week. Democracy? Dream on.
  • Zynobia - Dreamweaver
    Zynobia - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Random idea for GMs.
    If you want to hear majority's opinion, can't you just post that red notice in game once or twice? "Got feedback about Anniversary packs? Post on pwi forums". That way you would attract attention of those players who doesn't usually doesn't post. It would be more than just "encouraging", but also would show that you care about player opinion and want to hear it.

They dont care about player opinion, only player money.
  • Hizaki - Dreamweaver
    Hizaki - Dreamweaver Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I like pixelz :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hizaki - 89 Wizard
    Gansuringa - 25 Assassin
  • rukhmath
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Even if it is popular demand and 90% want the anni packs, it doesn't change the fact that this game has turned into a pay to win game, that is undeniable. If that is the kind of game you want perfect world to be and that is the kind of game you want to be loyal to then enjoy for that is what it has become.

So let me get this straight.

You wanted to play a free game, and "win" ppl who do pay for the game,and still want them to pay, so that u can continue to enjoy playing the game for free?

That about right?
This discussion has been closed.