Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sure feels liek that dnt want us to have any freedom of speech, however deliberately intending to start a thread to "flame" deserves to be closed, locked, drawn and quartered and summarily deleted.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The First Amendment does not apply to any companies services at all. To use a service you have to agree to follow their rules, if you don't like it, you are however free to not use their service.

Note: You does not mean You in particular Yuufa, just those that don't actually understand what the First Amendment means. I'm just using your post as a quote as I've seen "argument" this pop up on several locked threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dunno if this counts as flaming but here goes ,

back by popular demind? my **** , you probably got like 100 messages of ppl asking to bring those pack back , while every day you guys probably get like thousands of messages to fix glitches , cube glitches, rebirth glitches , skill glitches , etc etc etc

when are those "popular demands" gonna be fulfilled? i don't care one bit about this stupid event , it's a aniversery event , PWI international is one year old woohoo lets celebrate! ok ..

but bringing them back without any good reason just saying "back by popular demand" jeez >_> am i gonna run around the streets naked if there's a popular demand? hell no lol

why didn't u guys just wait t'ill christmas or something :(

i like this game i like how it's put together
    i KNOW this is a free to play game but that means there's a cash shop wich can help ppl that have the money

i spent money in the past but it's f*cking rediculous to spend more money now , there is no way a normal person can keep up with all the money some other ppl spend ,

do you guys really want PWI to end up with only ppl that cash shop alot doing TW's ?
    cuz in a year or 2 years it'll end up like that ...[removed accusations]

all i'm saying is if you do wanna make money at least TRY and keep it fun for the ppl that don't have bilions and bilions of money to spend on just a game
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    rukhmath wrote: »
    So let me get this straight.

You wanted to play a free game, and "win" ppl who do pay for the game,and still want them to pay, so that u can continue to enjoy playing the game for free?

That about right?

thats how these kind of games work.

There are plenty of games out there that havent ruined themselves by selling endgame gears and uber stat items in the Cash Shop. These are games that have been around alot longer than PW and still have a very loyal base of people. These games know how to keep all players happy and because of this.. everyone in the game has a equal chance to win. Thats how PW was before they brought these packs in.

CSers will always need free players to make coin off of, and Free players will always need CSers to get those "extra" items.
    PW changed that somehow.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    rukhmath wrote: »
    So let me get this straight.

You wanted to play a free game, and "win" ppl who do pay for the game,and still want them to pay, so that u can continue to enjoy playing the game for free?

That about right?

no what he's saying is that you're supposed to actually play the game to "win" at it. if even that element of the game is gone, there's no reason to play the game even if you have the money. b:shutup

i doubt everyone who quit are stinking broke in real life, even though the economy sucks balls; if they like where these packs are going, they'd probably buy some. i mean think about how much people spend on entertainment these days: movies, games, vacations, amusement parks, concerts, ball games etc etc. don't think "omygawd the poor asses are leaving they were gonna freeload anyway", they're clearly not buying it because they don't like where this game is going.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    CSers will always need free players to make coin off of, and Free players will always need CSers to get those "extra" items.
    PW changed that somehow.

Ever seen those boxes that require a hammer to open? You know, the ones that people were complaining about just a few weeks ago?

@Inias - Does your post means that you are not going to buy any of the cheap shards for your armor and weapon?
    no what he's saying is that you're supposed to actually play the game to "win" at it. if even that element of the game is gone, there's no reason to play the game even if you have the money. b:shutup

i doubt everyone who quit are stinking broke in real life, even though the economy sucks balls; if they like where these packs are going, they'd probably buy some. i mean think about how much people spend on entertainment these days: movies, games, vacations, amusement parks, concerts, ball games etc etc. don't think "omygawd the poor asses are leaving they were gonna freeload anyway", they're clearly not buying it because they don't like where this game is going.

I doubt that those people were not already planning on leaving, it was just a matter of time. The packs would had made no difference, if they were not on sale, they would have come up with a different reason.

Players quit, new players join, that is the natural cycle of any on-line game.

PS- Can somoene please pm me how to do multiple quotes... It keep messing up and ending up duplicate posts... ><

Merged posts for you.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i just quote, copy the quote, then paste into my edited post *shrug*

well ya of course people come and go. i'm just trying to dispel this notion that "the f2p's are jealous" because it's not that simple. plenty of people here are reasonable, responsible adults with decent income who are very much capable of using the cash shop. those who complain don't like where this game is heading and thus won't pay (or play also), not necessarily the other way around (people don't pay thus they don't like where this game is headed). i'm just saying that everyone (well most people here) are capable of paying something, it's not entirely a matter of "f2p vs p2p".
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so in the end, is there a reason to why the anni packs came back? I really don't want to believe it's just to make money.

so is there a bigger plan? will we know about it someday?
    Call me San.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    End game helms, boots, belts, capes, and in some cases weapons and rings. However, most of the weapons can be self-crafted better, and all the rest of the armor is still open. The necklaces are just 1/9th towards end game, and casters also will find crafted rings better than the lunar rings. Still alot of gear left open. Really, only the already rich are able to afford to just flat out buy the above gear, and only becuase people getting it were truly clueless about what they had. The first time someone had sold heavenrage boots for 5 mil only. And with my BM becoming my new main, I'm looking at getting 10+ weapons for my end game. I still have plenty to go that will take at least a year, if the new classes and other alts don't add more to that. By then, I'd expect more content to be tossed out.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Iona - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol

I know my post and my behavior go different ways... BUT! I bought the packs cuz I had decided to quit when people started getting endgame gear I had been working hard to get. I knew it wasnt worth staying in PWI. So, since I had made up my mind about quitting, I bought a lot of packs and gave away skill books to guildies, 10m coins to some other, 5m to some another, gear, and everything in my inv. I had 589 gold in my CS wallet so I had to do something with it :P. Investing almost 180m coins in helping friends and guildies seemed like a good way to make my leave. I helped those that couldn't afford to CShop, that was my last good deed.

We all know that things are never "corrected" in PWI, so I had to deal with it the best way possible. Helping people close to me seemed okay to me.

and NO, I don't like Anniversary packs! LOL

Maybe I am weird... but if I had 589 gold just lying around and I knew I was quitting and uninstalling the game and I knew I was quitting because of the consequences of the existence of the Anniversary Packs... I most definitely would not have used that gold to buy Anniversary Packs. Instead, I would have bought Perfect Hammers for my guildies... especially the ones who are sitting on levels 51-55 who can't open their Supply Stash Boxes. Or perhaps Battle Pet Packs for the venos in my guild who really, really want legendary pets. Or perhaps mats like leathers and glue to go into the faction bank for anyone who needs them.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that you do not like the Anniversary Packs, yet you chose to buy them over all the other possibilities that could have actually helped out your benefactors just as much, if not more, than the Anniversary Packs did.

Personally, I have not bought one single pack. I did accept one as a gift for helping someone with multiple quests. I opened it at her insistence and got 15 Tokens of Luck. She was dissappointed I did not get something better. I gave those Tokens away to some random toon passing by an hour later. That is the extent of the support I gave to an idea that I did not approve of. I did buy a gem shard from the auction house that may or may not have come from the packs.

I have seen so many players in game say they do not like the packs, but then go on to say how many they bought and brag about the prizes they get out of them. Instead of standing by their own belief that these packs were not a good idea, they sold themselves out for the possibility of getting the latest shiny object. I find that a little disheartening.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ever seen those boxes that require a hammer to open? You know, the ones that people were complaining about just a few weeks ago?

Merged posts for you.

as well as the 10 mil from the tokens.
    I said somehow, because i still cant believe they did this to the game.
    ....... if that makes any sense. I am being of emotion and i express it threw how i speak. Of course some sarcasm looses substance in text.
    I think everyone already knows the reasons behind the problems.

Imagine if the Hammer sale wasn't a sale and hammers were 4 gold forever.
    200k per gold turned into 250k per gold if these packs weren't introduced.
    This is nothing for the entire pw community, but only for those that buy CS.
    The boxes are worse than this event, because gold will never be able to drop below 200k ever again.
    It would be insane to sell gold at 150k with hammers and coin chests in the game.
    Imagine if they sold the hammers for 1 gold.
    1 gold would then be worth 1mil. ouch.
    That, then would be that death of this game.

The people who decide how much hammers are in gold, are in control of the price of gold in-game. Its not the players.

but still.. the event is giving out things that are EARNED threw HARD WORK, something us farmers take great pride in.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    as well as the 10 mil from the tokens.
    I said somehow, because i still cant believe they did this to the game.
    ....... if that makes any sense. I am being of emotion and i express it threw how i speak. Of course some sarcasm looses substance in text.
    I think everyone already knows the reasons behind the problems.

Imagine if the Hammer sale wasn't a sale and hammers were 4 gold forever.
    200k per gold turned into 250k per gold if these packs weren't introduced.
    This is nothing for the entire pw community, but only for those that buy CS.
    The boxes are worse than this event, because gold will never be able to drop below 200k ever again.
    It would be insane to sell gold at 150k with hammers and coin chests in the game.
    Imagine if they sold the hammers for 1 gold.
    1 gold would then be worth 1mil. ouch.
    That, then would be that death of this game.

The people who decide how much hammers are in gold, are in control of the price of gold in-game. Its not the players.

but still.. the event is giving out things that are EARNED threw HARD WORK, something us farmers take great pride in.

Sorry about messing up your quotes.. one of these days I will get multi-quote right :)

I know what you mean.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Antari - Dreamweaver
    Antari - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Having Annivesary Packs is fine. They are an extra & fun part of the game but please, please, please remove the Duke's shouts about who has gotten what items. You have rendered the vital chat portion of the game unusable. Conversations cannot be followed. Squad commands are being missed because they are scrolling off the screen before anyone can read them. Please, please please. No one cares who got what except for the person who got it and PWE's bank account. My faction and I are respectfully asking you to please, please, please remove the Duke's shouts about receiving items. PWE should know by now that happy players will spend a lot more money than anrgy players. I have yet to talk to anyone who finds the Duke's spamming (and make no mistake that is what it is) usefull. Everyone I speak to hates it. If a player were to spam like the Duke their account would be banned, and rightly so. Please, with great respect, please, please stop the Duke's spamming. It is bad enough you must repeat the scrolling banner messages with red system messages. It is bad enough you will not let us move the red system messages to the general chat window but this has now become intollerable. Please give the chat window back to the players. Please, please, please stop the Duke's item shouts. Please.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so in the end, is there a reason to why the anni packs came back? I really don't want to believe it's just to make money.

so is there a bigger plan? will we know about it someday?

my guess is that the devs were like...omygawd it's gonna be totally different this time around because of the announcement of tideborn expansion thus everyone wants oracles to speed lvl their new tideborn chars and crazy gear to dress them up with and they'll be sooo happy!

i think it had a lot to do with the expansion. experienced players here know that by 4x you probably have to grind a little, by 6x you probably have to grind a lot, and we don't have to touch upon what happens after that...all the grinding, TT running for gears, rb's...rb is fast but not everyone can devote 3 hours straight to participate in those things. maybe some people want to just play through the earlier quests, get in touch with the tideborn story, then fast forward through omgboringparts until rebirth land or i-has-a-fairy land. i mean, i myself plod along my alts pretty damn slowly when they've reached lvls where they have to grind and think "omg i could be getting so much more coin on my main!!!!" and my main's coffers are kind of stretched keeping equip for my alts b:sweat

i guess they could've released JJ, but packs were a more reliable way to mass oracles b:chuckle

question is, will we get a tide of oracle newb tideborns? hao do i has stealth?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There are plenty of games out there that havent ruined themselves by selling endgame gears and uber stat items in the Cash Shop.
    I think that's probably what I find the most puzzling. Why so casually abandon a core ideal that you worked so hard to create in the first place?

The whole business model of PWI seems to have initially been deliberately designed to not let you just buy your way to the top. Most of the cash-shop is dedicated to vanity or convenience items, and the Gold exchange system allowed non-paying players to still be able to get end-game items like Dragon Orbs.

This business model has been abandoned, however. The Anniversary Packs give you the best possible gear. In fact in some cases, such as Tomes, it even gives you better than the best possible gear.

It's possible that PWI plans to make all the current Anniversary Pack gear obsolete with newer, better gear. This would to some extent still keep alive the idea that you can't just buy the best stuff, but of course if that's their plan then everybody who is paying to buy the Packs, thinking they're getting the best stuff, is getting hosed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • nasdaqguru
    nasdaqguru Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The decision to put back the anniversary pack was certainly a business decision, nothing more or less.

Remember that the main goal of any company is to make profits. Even more when you are a company quoted on something like Nasdaq.

Take a look at this chart.

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/dynamic_charting.aspx?symbol=PWRD&selected=PWRD

(You may want to set the settings on "mountain" or "line" for a better view)

It cover the moves on Perfect World's stock on Nasdaq, from september 1 to today.

From sept. 1 to sept. 30 (the month when the anniversary pack were first introduced) the stock value went from $37.16 to $48.10 (with a peak at $48.49 at closure on sept. 23). That's a good performance. If you had some PW stock in your portfolio, it was good news.

Then, starting on oct. 1 (when they removed the anniversary pack), the value started to go down. On oct. 12, it lost $1.82, down to $42.00. That's quite a loss compared to the gain made in september.

Is it a coincidence that they moved the maintenance by one day and reintroduced the anniversary pack? I don't think so. To me it was a business decision to increase the revenues the game brings in. And indeed, the stock started to rise again right after they introduced the anniversary pack.

On oct. 14, the stock value was back to $44.10. But.... since that date, it started to go down again. Today it closed at 42.20. If it continues to go down next monday, I'm pretty sure we'll see something added in the game to increase the revenues again. Either they could bring Jolly Jones back fro Halloween, or they may release the new expension to attract attention back to the game.

Was it a good decision to put back the anniversary pack in the game?

Gameplaywise, it's hard to tell. But seeing the Duke's shouts, I would say many players are buying them. I have the feeling that the players who did not wanted to see those back are in a minority, and that the majority either don't care, or are happy to see the anniversary packs back.

Businesswise, it was a good decision. It stopped the downfall of the stock value on the market.

Never forget this : PW is above all a company that needs to make profits to stay viable. Every decision they make is geared toward that goal. And we certainly cannot blame them for that. Even if sometime they need to take decision that displease some of it's players.
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Maybe I am weird... but if I had 589 gold just lying around and I knew I was quitting and uninstalling the game and I knew I was quitting because of the consequences of the existence of the Anniversary Packs... I most definitely would not have used that gold to buy Anniversary Packs. Instead, I would have bought Perfect Hammers for my guildies... especially the ones who are sitting on levels 51-55 who can't open their Supply Stash Boxes. Or perhaps Battle Pet Packs for the venos in my guild who really, really want legendary pets. Or perhaps mats like leathers and glue to go into the faction bank for anyone who needs them.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that you do not like the Anniversary Packs, yet you chose to buy them over all the other possibilities that could have actually helped out your benefactors just as much, if not more, than the Anniversary Packs did.

I was in Enrage... no guildie needing perfect hammers... sorry. Packs items were more profitable for them than hammers, and no friends in the 50's either. If that had been the matter, I would've done it anyway.
  • _Cyrapter_ - Lost City
    _Cyrapter_ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:shocked i really dont think they need to be back, they just annoy people and send the price of gold through the roof
  • Chrystallynn - Sanctuary
    Chrystallynn - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Define "Back By Popular Demand". The anniversary packs are one of the thousand events you hold on Perfect World that include purchasing and luck. Is this really what the players want? I have played Perfect World for quite some time now and gameplay is very dull recently. Events with monsters and bosses that test your skill and ability would be much more interesting than right clicking a boutique item and gambling for a great prize (They have Casinos for this). Sure opportunities to win these items are great, but why bother attempting Lunar Glade or Forgotten Frostland when you can purchase and sell gold to buy the items easy. What's the purpose of playing this game? What's the purpose of working to obtain end game gear? I was very pleased with this game when I first started playing and it would upset me to see it stay the way it is. Many I know who are unable to charge zen are struggling to play. I won't put all the blame for gold prices on these events, but they are somewhat responsible. Also these events wouldn't really be so bad if they were regulated and not held every other week or month. These are my honest oppinions. Thank you for this thread. b:bye
  • D_oryy - Heavens Tear
    D_oryy - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol whats the point of this post?
    most of the people say take it off
    and yet your still leaving it on
    and ruining the game, people have worked hard for the stuff
    now people use a ton of real money
    and getting insane items and ruin the game economy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The main problem with these packs as i see it (the main one because there are many), is that they are giving away end-game gear... so instead of working hard to obtain it, dont forget this kind of gear is a luxury and has to be hard to get, you can just buy some gold and buy it.

End-game gear is a goal for any high lvl player (or any player that enters the game and sees all those flashy things and wants them, yes we all went through that), if u remove that goal from the game what's left? an each passing day more expensive TW? (where u need some CS items too to be efective btw), i dont think so... And playing without a goal is well, a waste of time.

Peace b:victory
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The main problem with these packs as i see it (the main one because there are many), is that they are giving away end-game gear... so instead of working hard to obtain it, dont forget this kind of gear is a luxury and has to be hard to get, you can just buy some gold and buy it.

End-game gear is a goal for any high lvl player (or any player that enters the game and sees all those flashy things and wants them, yes we all went through that), if u remove that goal from the game what's left? an each passing day more expensive TW? (where u need some CS items too to be efective btw), i dont think so... And playing without a goal is well, a waste of time.

Peace b:victory
    Yep, posted something similar to this the day the anni packs were announced again. PWE is so short sighted; they're killing the game in favor of profits.
  • MildlyFruity - Heavens Tear
    MildlyFruity - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    nasdaqguru wrote: »
    Then, starting on oct. 1 (when they removed the anniversary pack), the value started to go down. On oct. 12, it lost $1.82, down to $42.00. That's quite a loss compared to the gain made in september.

Nasdaq guy.. I think you're looking way into this. The stock dropped for every Chinese gaming company that day because of this:
    The screws are tightening in China. Regulators are cracking down on the country's booming online gaming industry, by committing to heavier policing of fringe content and beefing up the approval process. Authorities are also prohibiting foreign companies from participating in the market.

Not only has PW been fluctuating wildly, but ALL Chinese gaming companies have. BTW, Perfect World USA isn't PWRD's ONLY source of revenue.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Will there be any actions taken about the points made in this thread? Or will this thread just continue to be built upon until the end of October as the packs continue to sell? Maybe I'm looking for action too early, since its only been 4 days since the re-release of the packs. But I think it would be an enormous waste of this threads posters time if the packs continued to stay and did their damage before any action was taken.

Also I noticed earlier someone posting about selling gold for 150k to lower the prices of gold, to be a part of the solution. I just wanted to say, that if that person did start selling their gold at 150k, then any of the people selling their gold at 520k or higher, would take one look at that price, buy that seller out, and resell that gold at 520k for a nice bit of profit. So it would take a very large amount of people to actually do anything about bringing gold prices down. And I seriously doubt that anyone is having any thoughts of bringing down their prices...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is a Discussion Thread about them .. not a mean to remove them .. The packs will remain there till the date specified im sure. (proly even more .. my wish is that they are permantly added)

Edit: Yeah add them permanently .. increase the cost of each to let's say 3 or 2 gold each..
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    This is a Discussion Thread about them .. not a mean to remove them .. The packs will remain there till the date specified im sure. (proly even more .. my wish is that they are permantly added)

There was a post very early into the start of this thread that they had been removed. And then was subsequently edited out.

For what purpose do you want them added permanently?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It will be great for both : players and company . . While the company keeps having a nice source of income all year long, players even poor ones will eventually have enough coin/gold to buy em .. Thus again eventually having the gears that the rich players have got so far.. It's only just. Cutting the chance (ie-removing the packs) for more players to own such gears and leaving only a small % of players with them in the servers.. That is really really unfair imo. ( well you can get them by quest means.. but that's just second to imposible)
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    It will be great for both : players and company . . While the company keeps having a nice source of income all year long, players even poor ones will eventually have enough coin/gold to buy em .. Thus again eventually having the gears that the rich players have got so far.. It's only just. Cutting the chance (ie-removing the packs) for more players to own such gears and leaving only a small % of players with them in the servers.. That is really really unfair imo. ( well you can get them by quest means.. but that's just second to imposible)

o.O?

Have you seen how much the event items are selling for?

In the tens of millions, sometimes even hundreds of millions.

Do you know how long it would take for someone who doesn't cash shop to amass that amount of coin?

In the meantime, the ones who DO cash shop. Won't even play the game. They'll oracle from 30 to 90 and will cash shop their end game gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    o.O?

Have you seen how much the event items are selling for?

In the tens of millions, sometimes even hundreds of millions.

Do you know how long it would take for someone who doesn't cash shop to amass that amount of coin?

In the meantime, the ones who DO cash shop. Won't even play the game. They'll oracle from 30 to 90 and will cash shop their end game gear.

Yeah...even the best money making person wont make that sort of gold through grinding or even reselling. This is the legal way fyi. And if they do, it will take so long that people will give up and quit. A game is meant to have reachable goals, not impossible ones. And the one who did cash shop for the end gear will eventually quit. I mean all you can do is pk really at the end since you already have the end game gear. And pking gets old. You can only sit outside of west gate for so long until you get bored or zerged. Shooting lowbies only gets you by so much. And then they get bored and World Chat all day about pointless yet funny things or sell their account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • MissHeron - Dreamweaver
    MissHeron - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This is funny, i vent through 20-30 pages and no posts from gm's or devs, they just made a thread that they can easily ignore/delete.

This whole anniversay thing is nothing but a reflection of greed.
    Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you.
    William Blake
  • maxicruel
    maxicruel Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I am normally just reading the forums. Not so much for posting.

But in all this mess, cus sadly the gift packs are a mess, i cant refuse to do it.

There is a talk of against 90 % and for 10 %.
    Which i think is not correct, think it is lesser that are for tbh.

This is just economic thoughts.
    If them against stop playing the game and there is only CS and goldsellers left. Who is then going to put money in the game? There is then only a few left and they would prolly not buy 2 items of same kind since there are no buyers in the end.
    And there is noone to buy gold for the high goldprice.
    Where do the money then come in for developing the game?

This mean that the greedy thought in it self will kill the game. Instead of thinking of it in a balanced way.

The unempoyeed guy do have some extra time in the game and putting a lot of effort in it. He cant afford to buy Zhens, but he can work for coins.
    With his hard work he do actually take the game forward and the gold he needs he buy from goldsellers. But if the price rush to far up he dont want it, due to the amount of time it takes to do it. Spend 10 hours for one gold or 100 hours....
    Then he might quit or play lesser = lesser money to PWI in the end. Even if this guy dont directly put his own money in.

I just see all is depending on each other, but when the balance is lost it ends up in the situation we have now. To much listening to the one who have the money but dont wanna work for it. Soon there will be just a few to support them and the gold and item market will totally collapse = there is no money coming in to the game. ( and without money no developing )
This discussion has been closed.