Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why not? In his honor, I believe we should keep using this color. Make it so a little piece of him never leaves the forums.
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just here to chime in that I did not want these packs to come back, I never saw anybody mention wanting these packs to come back, and everyone I've talked to so far has seemed dissatisfied about them returning.

In all honestly, I wanted charm packs back. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Just here to chime in that I did not want these packs to come back, I never saw anybody mention wanting these packs to come back, and everyone I've talked to so far has seemed dissatisfied about them returning.

In all honestly, I wanted charm packs back. b:surrender

Those would have been nice. Or a sale on Tele Incenses, or a sale on Dragon Orbs, or a sale on Storage, or a sale on mounts, or a sale on Aerogear, or a sale on Mystical Tome Pages, or a sale on ANYTHING except the Anniversary Pack! I wouldn't even have minded a sale on some of the older Fashion, or even some new fashion... But our current sale, which is Hammers, and Pet Packs, which would have been an EPIC choice for a sale, is now screwed over, because it coincides with the Anniversary pack, which makes gold prices go through the roof. Such a shame. My wizard is quickly approaching 50, and I've got a ton of Chests of Coins to open. I would have bought enough hammers to take care of every single box. And I've been wanting my Nix for a long time as well... *sigh* Oh well. *Peeks at his wallet* Eh. I think it's time to take my girlfriend out to a nice steak dinner. Maybe she'll forgive me for not buying all those storage items for her...
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ok so we have to live with the anni packs again, could we at least have a way to mute Duke if we so choose without having to close chat.
    Either that or could Duke be turned into a hunt quest once a day for some small prize? People would pay for a chance to kill Duke, charge a entry fee, i'll pay.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ok so we have to live with the anni packs again, could we at least have a way to mute Duke if we so choose without having to close chat.
    Either that or could Duke be turned into a hunt quest once a day for some small prize? People would pay for a chance to kill Duke, charge a entry fee, i'll pay.

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Make the duke a punchable npc... I'd like to build chi off him before starting my wq in the morning...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • dentist71
    dentist71 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i miss the time when gold only 100k b:sad
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    dentist71 wrote: »
    i miss the time when gold only 100k

so do i , so do i b:shedtearb:shedtearb:shedtearb:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • dentist71
    dentist71 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

I will make a competition...WHO CAN KILL DUKE AND GMS...
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I feel like I ought to post something, but everybody has already said it all a thousand times. If fact, we've all said it both before AND after the second-go-round of the packs, but our opinions don't seem to affect the decisions being made to any significant degree.

So to sum up: personally, I'm making quite a bit of in-game coin thanks to the packs, so my character is profiting. Also, because so many higher-levels are ragequitting, my character is also advancing up the ranks due to attrition.

But despite that, I'm completely disenchanted with the game right now because it all seems very pointless. The very things I used to tell my friends about why the game is so good (ie. "it has a complex, stable economy", "the cash-shop sells mostly vanity or convenience items, meaning you can't just pay-to-win", "the core game-play doesn't revolve around the cash-shop", etc...) have been compromised repeatedly. Sure, I'm profiting, but I feel like I'm on a rudderless ship heading towards the rocks.

PWI seems to have become the very type of game I was trying to avoid. Instead of a game that offers solid free-to-play gameplay while making its money through optional purchases, the game now revolves completely around the cash-shop.

Even if you're a free-to-play player that does very well without paying, like me, you're still constantly affected by the economic chaos that the non-stop cash-shop promotions keep causing. And yes, I PROFIT from that chaos, but that doesn't mean I think it makes for a fun, good game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • DW_Vane - Sanctuary
    DW_Vane - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well that's right.. we do profit in some way or another.. but when it becomes the Fundamental part of the game.. yes it is not Fun. .. anymore .. Games are sposed to be played for fun yes? :(
    5 pet skill slots TVM :: venos will $hare more oFc ;)
  • jake9481
    jake9481 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The funnier fact is that they use the name anniversary packs again.... the irony you ask? Oh the fact that the players who came in early October don't now get a mount, hmm wonder why?
    A: Because that was free and has no advantage to PWI
    (hence the post that got locked right away and the excuse of false voting)

The fact they don't give double exp
    A: It's not profiting for them >< and it's what most would like. so why do it?

Basically imo I think since they bring Game destroying packs back they might as well do the whole event. Like a be-lated anniversary event or something...

I mean i don't know about everyone else but i kind of lost my motivation to go get my TT99 gold weps (when i get there) because this game has turned into a game of luck not skill, And to all who heard me give this Version of PWI compliments (about how they are not greedy money stuffing folk who care less about the community, I apologize cause evidently i was wrong, they have decided to go the same route as PWMY) Gratz PWI

-85% loyalty
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The only reason they were brough back was for the money there is no popular demand check the other posts, cause people are pisssssssssed of >.>.

with this event people can make millions upon millions upon millions and dont even have to earn it, so in turn they can buy the best gear, rare mounts, all clothes and even a person slave to wipe thier ****. So where do we actually have to earn our levels or our gear? Before this event u used to thing wow when u saw a goldmane or wow when u saw someone with awesome gear but now people and i personally dont because money has lost its worth a while back if u had 20-30m u were rich and it felt good because u had to earn it but now if u have 20m ur poor compared to the people that spend there wages on anni packs when they have 100,000,000+. Some people say its good because a level 30 can have 50m now easy but i thought the enjoyment of playin a game was earning ur coin and ur gear. Tryin to find the coin to buy the new mount or saving up cash so u can buy the next piece of legendary gear and having to work for it. But now all that is gone u can open some anni packs get **** loads of coin from selling them, their contents or even the gold and never have to earn anything ever again, sounds fun to me...NOT! Not only that but now oracles are dead cheap and people can just buy thier levels too so when your doing your BH and u relying on the barb or the cleric but he has bought his levels like alot of people have your a vital squad member down because they havnt got a clue about what they are doing, i had a friend who was level 40 and was leveling well and learning to play the game than dipped his hand in his wallet and was level 83 in a few days yet only had level 40 knowledge so when it came to TT etc he didnt have a clue.
    Since the have been added again how many more players are going to leave PW this time, alot left becuase of the first event with these damned things.
    On a more serious note some players cannot afford to buy zhen not because they are lowlifes of any other **** that people have mentioned but some players cant work and waste money on this game for example single parents who spend all thier money on their children, food and bills or even some disabled people who cant work and get little money to live on and even retired people, so are we supposed to forget about them because some players can spend alot of money on this game so that makes it alright?

Does this mean we get double xp weekends again or just the **** from last event?
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I really really really still fail to see the point of these anni packs and this thread for many reason which have been beaten to death.

Everything u r saying had been said last month yet the packs r back and guess what they arent gonna go anywhere. Is it right? heck no but what the hell can u do not much except play the game get ur gear and stuff ur way and enjoy the game and when u meet someone that CS their way to lvl 100 kick their **** cause they dont know what they r doing. anyway this thread will get to like 200 pages and the only thing it will have done is well nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As a player who cash shops from time to time, I'm tempted by what the anni packs have to offer but I would still like to see them removed from the boutique asap. If this persists I, and probably others, won't be able to continue playing this game that we have come to love playing. Gold prices affect the inflation of prices thoughout the servers. Those who play without cash shop or use it minimally will not be able to keep up the quality of game play that they have been experiencing through farming HH(twighlight temple) mats, NPCing DQ items, and picking up coin drops.

I was actually looking forward to what the GMs had as an event last October. Yes there were packs, but you could get them through Jolly Jones with 100k coin or one Guardian Doll, which have now turned into guardian scrolls. I know we had a Jolly Lones event not to long before the anniversery event, but I also enjoyed the chances at getting the headless horseman neckless and belts(+3% exp gear) and the Midnight mount(the black horse with flames). The free fashion and attack blessing(like the dominance blessing but for anywhere, but 50 atk lvl. if I remember right) that expired over time were also a nice addition to the event last october.

I know the GMs can be creative. I would have liked to see something that fit the season rather than a repeat, no a continuation, of last month's event.

GMs, please listen to your players and help EVERYONE to be able to enjoy the game together. thankyou
  • Davechapelle - Sanctuary
    Davechapelle - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You know the only reason that they made this thread was so that they can contain all the flaming into one thread right? I'll be surprised if a single person working at PWI has even read this.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Read the whole thread Dave, someone has already tried to make that claim. They were informed that while I cannot comment on every single post made I am reading it, and making accusations is against the forum rules.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    after last months fiasco with the anni packs and the widespread complaints and people leaving in hoardes the few that remained waited and waited while the GMs compiled information, im not sure if we ever got any real answers last month honestly im too lazy to search for it because quite frankly if anyone anywhere had listened then we wouldnt have the anni packs back again...so in my humble opinion this thread is as useless as yesterdays garbage the only thing it is good for is recycling old complaints and still not getting any satisfactory results from anyone with any authority...but at any rate carry on it is somewhat amusing to read.
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    everyone in forums seems to be saying... no one wanted this back
    no offence but the increase in gold prices and the obsene amounts of anni packs being sold r proof enough that they r in demand...
    they r not good for the game in general but while there r people willing to buy them they will be sold...
    anni packs are evening out the competition...
    the l33t players will still have an edge over the players who brought there way to the top cos they don't realy know the ins and out of their character...
    imo cash players are not ever going to be as strong as the grinders
    i think its good that rare items are increasing in population cos cash shop players are less likley to value these items and will end up in circulation amongst the players who realy want them...
    this game caters for all types of players... that is the beauty of it...
    i guess it comes down to optimism and pessimism
    everyone is entitled to their opinion... this is just mine
    i know alot of people are angry about this but plx dont abuse me 4 this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenne - Dreamweaver
    Lenne - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Gold prices are killing me :(
    Id like to get my wind widgets Ive been waiting months for gold to drop lol
  • Davechapelle - Sanctuary
    Davechapelle - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Read the whole thread Dave, someone has already tried to make that claim. They were informed that while I cannot comment on every single post made I am reading it, and making accusations is against the forum rules.

Okay i did imply that it was my opinion by using the words 'I'll be surprised', at no stage did I imply what I was saying to be the truth, therefore it can not be classified as an accusation. I do however, feel like I have been threatened for voicing my opinions. I'm not here to stir up trouble, I'm merely expressing my view on things.
  • Sancrkf - Heavens Tear
    Sancrkf - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so, just one quick question:

a lot of people upset because of anni packs, gold prices, in-game economy going to hell... anyone planning on fixing things or...?

don't want to sound rude, was just wondering b:surrender
    Call me San.
  • xiegex
    xiegex Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    keep it up til the end of December b:victory it will make us happy :3
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    Yuufa - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

a lot of people upset because of anni packs, gold prices, in-game economy going to hell... anyone planning on fixing things or...?

It is now beyond "fixing", while i dont claim to be any sort of economical genius, past sales and the JJ money sink event after has revealed a trend that resulted in higher coin for gold exchange.

These events spike gold value to absurd amounts, while they last, after they have a money sink event (like JJ) that settles the price at a little lower, but never back to anywhere NEAR the value before the sale.

The coins to gold value has increased, nothing will fix it. I cannot comment that "everyone will leave" except to say the population sure feels a lots smaller now, charms are too expensive, theres no zhen, less TT activity, and no motivation to run FCS or warsoul due to this anni pack specifically. Hardly any new players, starting areas are ghost towns, even Plume City looks the town that time forgot.

Do the dev's care? i doubt it. As i stated before, mmo's are developed with a limited lifespan in mind, afterall the game play starts feeling dated, the graphics get dated after a certain period of time. Sure die hard players will remain to keep the server up. But most WILL leave and the dev's know this, so they milk the cash shoppers as hard as they can while the game still is popular. Before the the next sparkley, shiney, awesome mmo is released.

Thats just my view on the free to play marketing model. Maybe im wrong. But it sure feels correct to me. And makes sense too.
    I have no use for signatures... hypocrisy aside xD
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It is now beyond "fixing", while i dont claim to be any sort of economical genius, past sales and the JJ money sink event after has revealed a trend that resulted in higher coin for gold exchange.

These events spike gold value to absurd amounts, while they last, after they have a money sink event (like JJ) that settles the price at a little lower, but never back to anywhere NEAR the value before the sale.

The coins to gold value has increased, nothing will fix it. I cannot comment that "everyone will leave" except to say the population sure feels a lots smaller now, charms are too expensive, theres no zhen, less TT activity, and no motivation to run FCS or warsoul due to this anni pack specifically.

Do the dev's care? i doubt it. As i stated before, mmo's are developed with a limited lifespan in mind, afterall the game play starts feeling dated, the graphics get dated after a certain period of time. Sure die hard players will remain to keep the server up. But most WILL leave and the dev's know this, so they milk the cash shoppers as hard as they can while the game still is popular. Before the the next sparkley, shiney, awesome mmo is released.

Thats just my view on the free to play marketing model. Maybe im wrong. But it sure feels correct to me. And makes sense too.

agree with every single bit. And to those who follow the stocks of PWRD, its not pwi that pushes the stocks, instead its the release of the expansion pack of another game that PW owns. The unregulated gold prices are because the devs are focusing more on the new game than this. Sure the Rising Tide pack is coming up for PW, this is arugably the last chance for PWI to actually pick itself up again.
  • TheCorrupt - Sanctuary
    TheCorrupt - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL, 75 pages full of posts on this and I'm too lazy to read through them. Here's my thoughts:

These anniversary packs are bad for us players. They raise gold prices dramatically so we can't even get anything at a normal price. When I first started playing PWI, Hellhounds were about 4 mil max, now people want 10+ mil for them. Simply ridiculous. Plus, alot of people ragequit when these anniversary packs first came out, and I'm sure more have ragequit over the second coming. In closing, these packs make PWI like America...it screws up the economy.

On the other hand, I do realize why they were placed back into the game: money. Players spend a fortune on these packs and the GM's, Devs, or whoever is behind PWI make a fortune off of it.

So...it's good for the powers that be, but bad for us. And seeing as how the powers that be make so much money off of it, they honestly probably don't care how many people ragequit or get upset over it.

This is not a flame post at all, it is a truthful post.

Again, similar posts like mine have probably already been posted, but I'm not going to sit here and read through 75 pages of anything. These are my personal thoughts on the topic at hand.
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options

but I'm not going to sit here and read through 75 pages of anything. .

but man what a ride xD j/k lol

Too summarize for you and others who dont like reading 75 pages :P Almost every hates the re release of the anni pack
  • JOKER_ - Heavens Tear
    JOKER_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hey Perfect World Entertainment - we demand completely new GMs.... oh and new MODs too!!b:victory
  • Yuufa - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Options
    hey Perfect World Entertainment - we demand completely new GMs.... oh and new MODs too!!b:victory

Who is we? I haven't said anything about it? GM? do they exist. The only thing i would like in this regard us a little feedback FROM them.
  • Mephistic - Dreamweaver
    Mephistic - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

The only way anything can be fixed from this point on, is if those players whom have the most influence in the economy(they know who they are) collectively decide to just lower gold costs.
    Or if somehow all the rare things available through the Anni Packs or other "cash-only" options become attainable in-game, that would leave the "money-maker" players with no choice other than to lower costs of gold and anything else that would entail. Easier said than done. Only time can tell what will happen to our perfect world.
    In the mean time I am just enjoying my real life until the expansion comes out, I desperately need a change of pace. b:faint
This discussion has been closed.