edited June 2009 in Venomancer
rare pets i mean

i think this is much better
Post edited by Shiana - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sengashi - Harshlands
    Sengashi - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Absolutely not. It's already annoying enough as it is with the 12 hour spawn.
    A random time would just make obtaining them even more of a hassle.
  • Maciaveli - Lost City
    Maciaveli - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:shutup A hassle?? I'm guessing your one of those Venos that have like 10 of each pet egg. The hassle is those greedy venos who believe they should tame every rare pet, every time.

Random times, lets say, between 10->15 hours, would be better.b:bye
    Main Character: Nicolanis; 8x Venomancer - The Best No-Nix Robe User On Lost City(Not Much Competition There Though) b:victory

Faction: Harvester b:shocked

Current Reputation:- 50xx/200,000 Wearing Rank 4 Chest Armorb:dirty
  • Shiana - Dreamweaver
    Shiana - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:shutup A hassle?? I'm guessing your one of those Venos that have like 10 of each pet egg. The hassle is those greedy venos who believe they should tame every rare pet, every time.

all high lvls know spawntimes spawntimes > faster tame >

lvl 30 etc > no chance vs channeling gear
  • Shiana - Dreamweaver
    Shiana - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    plz vote b:thanks
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Random times also mean that the people who want to tame one for themselves would have to wait around a lot longer. The way it is now, they only need to know when it spawns once then they can just head over to the spawn point a few minutes before it spawns to tame it. Yeah, they'll have to compete with a lot of other people but at least they won't have to wait for hours and hope they tame it.

Also, most higher level venos that I know who camp the rares do it for their friends or people in their faction so it annoys me whenever someone says that high level venos shouldn't be there. I will admit that there are quite a few venos who tame rares just so they can sell it but I don't understand why everyone assumes that all high level venos do the same (I find camping rares boring even if I only go there right before they spawn).
    all high lvls know spawntimes spawntimes > faster tame >

lvl 30 etc > no chance vs channeling gear

There are potions you can make at the apothecary which reduce channeling time by 15%. I think you need to be level 30 to use it. There's also one that doubles channeling speed but I'm not sure what level you need for that.

Here's a tip though (pretty common sense really), cast tame pet as soon as you click on the rare. If you see that you'll finish channeling before the pet is below 50% hp then press ESC to cancel it and cast again. Others will finish casting before you but they might fail and even a small chance to tame it is better than a 0% chance.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    edited June 2009

Making stupid assumptions is bad for your health. You might want to get that checked before you make yourself look like more of an idiot than you already did with one post.

I am not one of those people that knows the exact spawn time of the rare pet I want to obtain. In fact I rarely even try to get them at all because I have no need for them. There's an easier way to make money than by camping a pet I might not even get anyways. Especially the lowbie ones because I can't kill blue names who camp the spawn area. b:surrender

The only 'rare' pet I even have in my safe are 4 snow hare eggs, and I only have those because it just so happened to be there while I was running from Etherblade to Timberfield or some such.

The only thing you're even right about is the venos that camp the spawns just to get the pet to sell. The only 12 hour spawns I've caught were the Kowlin, three armored bears, one for myself, and two of the shadou cubs because my in-game husband wanted the all-class bear.

I don't tame rare pets to sell them. I either get them for myself or for friends in my guild that want them and don't have the time themselves to do it if they know when it spawns. Having a random spawn time would mean I could never do that because I don't just sit around in one area waiting for one thing for hours on end. I'm not quite that patient.

A random spawn makes a difficult pet even more difficult to obtain because those of us that don't camp the spawn like others do have other things we should be doing instead while we're playing.

The 12 hour spawn time is fine just the way it is.
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I have a question Sengashi (or any other venos on a PvP server). Are the rare pet spawns on a PvP server covered in blood? Wouldn't it be possible for a veno with lots of higher level friends to come to the spawn and kill all the competition? Or is there some kind of unwritten agreement that rare pet spawns are PK free (which would probably be broken by some jerks anyway)?

I'm probably letting rumors about the bloodstained streets of PvP servers cloud my common sense but I am curious. I know that on Dreamweaver, spawns for rare pets are somewhat "competitive" (if you can call stupidity and trash talking competitive, that is). Maybe it's just because they know there's nothing anyone can do to stop them from talking trash (I loved the, "My main could one shot all you stupid noobs" comment from one guy). The last few times I've gone to the shaodu spawn the people have been nice though.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Sengashi - Harshlands
    edited June 2009
    I have a question Sengashi (or any other venos on a PvP server). Are the rare pet spawns on a PvP server covered in blood? Wouldn't it be possible for a veno with lots of higher level friends to come to the spawn and kill all the competition? Or is there some kind of unwritten agreement that rare pet spawns are PK free (which would probably be broken by some jerks anyway)?

I'm probably letting rumors about the bloodstained streets of PvP servers cloud my common sense but I am curious. I know that on Dreamweaver, spawns for rare pets are somewhat "competitive" (if you can call stupidity and trash talking competitive, that is). Maybe it's just because they know there's nothing anyone can do to stop them from talking trash (I loved the, "My main could one shot all you stupid noobs" comment from one guy). The last few times I've gone to the shaodu spawn the people have been nice though.

If they weren't I'd be surprised. Aside from the blue names that come to tame the lowbie ones, white names do show up for those spawns. The first cub I actually bought for 130k from the auction house. The second one I got after the weekly maintenance, and there were three or four other white names there besides me along with one blue name. I had another veno friend whose a few levels higher than myself come in to kill off the white names with me. They went down, he had agro on the bear, and I tamed it.

We're not nearly as nice on the PvP server. I see any competition for the rare pet as fresh meat, and if they can be taken down with little fuss just so I can get the pet then so be it.