Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    yes, yes, sure you can heal, maybe depends if you get a role over the +12 guy, sure you can play anyone can play

no a veno can still pull, less useful next to the +12 guy

you think your gonna get that party when mr uber mcnoober +12 bank role guy comes along with his infinite hp and says basically..
    i cant die i have 14khp as a veno, I can tank these TT bosses, FB bosses without a pet or a healer and i'm charmed.
    Has any of you ever seen +12 gear?
    lets look at LA real quick..
    my +3 LA chest piece lvl 80 gives me like 80 hp
    a +12 lvl90+ LA armor give more than 1,000 hp
    add on 4 socketed +10 vit stones.
    add on the bonuses you get on this end game gear from the packs.

sure you can still heal and debuff or whatever.. but you have just taken a step back in the food chain.
    Not to mention PVPing with your +4 gears vs +12 bank role guy.. I rule in favor of bank role guy.

For starters, are you comparing a level 80+ with a level 90+ veno? If you are, than even if that level 90+ veno was wearing npc gear, most people would still take her over you.

Are you saying you are so poor that at level 90+ you still wearing level 80 gear? If that is the case, you are doing something wrong playing the game, since you should also have level 90 gear.

The difference is, as you put it, mrmcnub will run in an get the party wiped. It is not any different than the mcnub barb that thinks he is superman and ended up killing everyone in the party.

If, memcnub is actualy a good player, than it would not make that much difference anyway, except now you know that you have a great teammember, due to her new gear.

Botton line, if you are good at your role, people will still want you in their parties. Do not worry about the other people, any party that would not take you, assuming you know how to play, and would take mrmcnub, is a party you do not be part off, since it will wipe.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yea, ppl think the gms are gone in my server too. Imo I just don't think they spend a lot of time in game. Instead they're in the forums... it's a shame but i guess forums are also a part of their job. I just wish it was actually like we were listened to. Maybe we are, it just doesn't feel much like it though.
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    If you are not posting about the anniversary packs, then this isn't the appropriate thread for your posts. I'm still here thoughb:victory

If you read the thread Cold, I've commented about why I have not been responding to every post in this thread:
    me wrote:
    I think it is unrealistic to think that any one thing I could say would completely placate the entire community. That's not something I seek to do and it would be an insult to everyone if that was truly my goal. I'd prefer that players discuss the situation.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But my post is also in regards to the anni pack. Look at this thread so far...
    There are a major majority arguing against them, yet they're still here. Also there was a thread like this last anni pack event which got to like 180 pages of arguing. It's obvious that at least a majority don't want the packs here anymore. If not because it gives crazy gears for nothing, then because it messes with the economy. b:surrender

Also, if this is about money I'm sure there are many other ways to gain money to develop the upcoming expansion. PWI merchandise, charm packs... idk just there could be alot of other things done, imo.

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's one reason why I keep encouraging people to have their friends come post here even if they rarely use forums, even though 784 posts seems like a lot, it's really less than 10% of the entire population before you even factor in people who are posting here more than once. b:shocked
  • Xxxannixxx - Sanctuary
    Xxxannixxx - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i still think the people buying most gold were demanding them back, because they live in the game with rl money, so yea.. the people playing normal without any gold buying only suffer because of it.. we cant even buy gold anymore, while they just buy them.. we actually cant do anything anymore, because even normal things that you cant get gifted by the tokens and got to buy in the boutique (like clothes, mounts, aerocraft,..) are getting way more expencive, which is why most people quitted.. :(
  • AzaraxGore - Harshlands
    AzaraxGore - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Lemme be your assistant Spoons o o; I can be that one unpaid intern you've always wanted! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i still think the people buying most gold were demanding them back, because they live in the game with rl money, so yea.. the people playing normal without any gold buying only suffer because of it.. we cant even buy gold anymore, while they just buy them.. we actually cant do anything anymore, because even normal things that you cant get gifted by the tokens and got to buy in the boutique (like clothes, mounts, aerocraft,..) are getting way more expencive, which is why most people quitted.. :(

LOL, i wouldn't go THAT far with it. There is still plenty we can do. Go do HH runs for mats then sell mats and buy that fashion you want. Or in my case, use the mats for the gear I want. We can still do stuff, it's just WAY harder to do so, and makes alot of people frustrated with it.

I DEFINITELY agree with you're first statement though of people living in the game with their RL money.

• Xxxannixxx - Sanctuary
    Xxxannixxx - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    its supposed to be a free to play game..
  • AzaraxGore - Harshlands
    AzaraxGore - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

You are free to play the game. ^-^

But like others have said, the boutique is just that a Boutique and for those girly girls who shop at the malls for accessories and unnecessary things know what one is. They're basically there to give you something that won't benefit you in any real way but just like a reward or gift.

Though the anni packs are that but they're also a huge unbalance to the game now as well with the gear (the herc and nix are the same but some people still lose while using one). And though people have this "leet" gear they can still suck at the game all they're doing is making it a bit tougher to beat them. Charms won't help much either if they have a cool down and you crit before it's up. b:chuckle

If they lose or die they'll QQ like any other player. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

And it is... if you chose to not buy zen. By choosing to not buy zen though we put ourselves at a less opportune chance of getting the gears that we want, without a LOT more work at least. I don't charge zen except I bought my first $10 the other day, and I still have fun with it. I just wish it wasn't AS outrageous. But outrageous I'm ok with.

• Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    we cant even buy gold anymore, while they just buy them..

O rly !!! so who is buying all the gold in the AH and keeping the prices high ?

People who charge zen dont put it in the AH and buy it back themselves ya know
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That's one reason why I keep encouraging people to have their friends come post here even if they rarely use forums, even though 784 posts seems like a lot, it's really less than 10% of the entire population before you even factor in people who are posting here more than once. b:shocked
    I can give you a rough summary of what my non-forum posting friends think of the packs:

Two of them are beginning to look for another game to switch to because they feel like they can't keep up anymore. They used to work in-game to afford things like charms, but would also occasionally buy one if they didn't feel like doing the work, but now due to inflated prices they feel like they have to spend every time, and they're not willing to do that.

One doesn't really care. He never used the cash-shop to begin with and always felt prices were too high anyway. So he's perfectly fine with the changes. In fact, he's happy he can now get more for his farmed mats.

Another is somewhat annoyed with the changes, seeing them as a cash grab. However, she continues to play.

Finally, one is quite happy to spend spend spend to get ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Very easy solution.. Toss a Capp into the Auctioner on How much coin the Gold sellers can sell gold for.. let's say capped at 200k .. That way the sellers will fight to sell the cheapest gold in a range of about 180 - 200k With no way to exeed the 200k cap per Gold. This will get Rid of all the angry people getting pissed off at every single sale.. then we could have sales EVERY Day!! without violating and **** the economy like they always do.. and nobody will have reazon to complain , reazon to leave.. reazon to feel like the poorest ever,, reazon to be depressed (lol) Instead .. we all just Enjoy and enjoy and everyone will be happy! Game Economy will be Stable FOREVER! It's in your hands.. like it or not.
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Before i played PW I was a member of a very unfamous neverwinter nights community, We played on a private server and for years things where great.

The blance of power was always equal in many ways, an the items one man had could be aquired by luck. By anybody. But that was how the ingame system worked.

About 2 years before I joined the PW community the owner of the server send the software to another host, on the proviso that the content of the module wasnt changed.
    That wasnt the case, within a month, new host was tinkering with items an added lots of new stuff that didnt belong in the game, This new stuff critically altered the balance of the game and the random loot system. A member of my old guild aquiterd one of these items an quickly dispatched a dragon, alone in 3 hits.
    This resulted in a vault wipe. Not welcome an the community sufferd an never really recovered.
    This is what the anniversary packs are doing too PW. Altering the balance. Destorying the economy. Upsetting loyal customers.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    Very easy solution.. Toss a Capp into the Auctioner on How much coin the Gold sellers can sell gold for.. let's say capped at 200k .. That way the sellers will fight to sell the cheapest gold in a range of about 180 - 200k With no way to exeed the 200k cap per Gold. This will get Rid of all the angry people getting pissed off at every single sale.. then we could have sales EVERY Day!! without violating and **** the economy like they always do.. and nobody will have reazon to complain , reazon to leave.. reazon to feel like the poorest ever,, reazon to be depressed (lol) Instead .. we all just Enjoy and enjoy and everyone will be happy! Game Economy will be Stable FOREVER!

There is already a cap. The cap is 1million coins, so we have not reached the cap yet. Other PW versions, already have gold trading at 500k+ coins per unit as the "cheap gold", and it spikes much higher, all the way to the 1mil cap, if they happen to have a good sale.

And why would you punish the people that actualy pay for the game so the peolpe that play for free can buy gold cheap?

You know, greed is also wanting to buy gold for cheap with in-game coin without having to spend real money.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Very easy solution.. Toss a Capp into the Auctioner on How much coin the Gold sellers can sell gold for.. let's say capped at 200k .. That way the sellers will fight to sell the cheapest gold in a range of about 180 - 200k With no way to exeed the 200k cap per Gold. This will get Rid of all the angry people getting pissed off at every single sale.. then we could have sales EVERY Day!! without violating and **** the economy like they always do.. and nobody will have reazon to complain , reazon to leave.. reazon to feel like the poorest ever,, reazon to be depressed (lol) Instead .. we all just Enjoy and enjoy and everyone will be happy! Game Economy will be Stable FOREVER! It's in your hands.. like it or not.

Not a very good solution for PWI at all though. If they can't get more bank for their buck, why spend the buck?

At that point farming HH would be more fruitful than buying gold almost.

• vbarbie
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OK so you are saying 500k per gold is just fine for you? .. That only reflects that greedy gold sellers wanna be MOre greedy. .not just to have a way to make a small profit and build a capital slowly.. You mean you are already Used to getting rich in a couple of clicks within a day .. that's what i Understand.. Yes it's easy to get used to that.. don't blame you. Don't see the greed as a gold buyer with gold been at ~ 200k , because to start with.. gold was ONCE uppon a time half of that price.

ps. That's what this game is right now.. Make the rich richer in minutes and the poor poorer in the same time span.. No blame on the players.. PWI got em acostumed to this.. (( no more hard work and slow capital building, just BaM!! 100 bucks im rich.. this is exactly what we are trying to fix ))
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That way the sellers will fight to sell the cheapest gold in a range of about 180 - 200k With no way to exeed the 200k cap per Gold.
    In the Mind of a Gold Seller:

Should I sell my Gold for 200k?

- OR -

Should I sell Anniversary Packs for 400k?

You can bet the AH would be empty, with nobody selling Gold. There are tons of failed RPGs where people simply abandon the game's intended currency exchange because of artificial limits exactly like the one you just proposed. Instead, people start trading in rare items that are worth more than the artificial limits, and laugh at anybody who tries to pay with the game's actual currency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OK so you are saying 500k per gold is just fine for you? .. That only reflects that greedy gold sellers wanna be MOre greedy. .not just to have a way to make a small profit and build a capital slowly.. You mean you are already Used to getting rich in a couple of clicks within a day .. that's what i Understand.. Yes it's easy to get used to that.. don't blame you. Don't see the greed as a gold buyer with gold been at ~ 200k , because to start with.. gold was ONCE uppon a time half of that price.

ps. That's what this game is right now.. Make the rich richer in minutes and the poor poorer in the same time span.. No blame on the players.. PWI got em acostumed to this.. (( no more hard work and slow capital building, just BaM!! 100 bucks im rich.. this is exactly what we are trying to fix ))

What you are saying just shows how greedy the people that farm coin are. Coin sellers are as greedy as gold sellers, except, that for some reason, they are high and mighty and claim they are not greedy.

Get a clue, people farming coin to buy gold will buy the cheapest gold around, to make more profit, the same way that gold sellers will sell their gold for the highest amount anyone is willing to buy it for.

Both sides are greedy, and no, coin sellers are not angels, and do not want the best to the economy, they want what is best for them!
  • vbarbie
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You mean that nobody will sell gold.. But instead sell the Mall Items directly that's what happens in other games, but you as seller won't be the only one trying to sell the 'packs' so be asured that there will be prize fight on that.. Plus someone will Have to sell gold.. theres always someone who wants fast coin in or between events.. and also take in account that more players will have Gold in stock by then.

@Jazmin .: Grinding has never been as easy as Just Selling Gold for profit.. as long as it takes some effort and ingame wolrd interaction it's within the fun competitive part of a game of this kind.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    @Jazmin .: Grinding has never been as easy as Just Selling Gold for profit.. as long as it takes some effort and ingame wolrd interaction it's within the fun competitive part of a game of this kind.

Greed is greed, don't start saying that is ok to be greedy just because you spent 10 hours grinding while the other guy spent 10 hours in the office making money.

This is not about someone having a job or someone grinding, this is about greed. Greed is displayed by both coin sellers and gold sellers, and both affect the economy. Do you really think that is the gold sellers that are selling furs at 7k-10k each? or wines at 400k? Don't you think they are being greedy, since only 2 months ago you could buy high mats for 1k-2k each and now they are 5k-7k?
  • malixdark
    malixdark Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I sell gold. And I make very fast easy cash from it. But I can honestly say beyond doubt I'd love to see the economy revert back to the old 150k per days.

Theoretically I could spend hundreds and obtain the greatest gear ever and "pwn nubs" all day, but that's not the game I want to end up playing =/ Eventually the free players would all quit. That pretty much makes it competition between all the cash shoppers. After a while, my hundreds become common and I'm the nub, and to be "the best" I'd need to spend thousands. Eventually the casual cash shoppers quit and the player who spends thousands becomes average. No one is happy. QQ and ragequit and unhappy new players will be abundant. Grinding and half the game content becomes absolutely pointless.

Is this the game we want to end up stuck playing...?
    edited October 2009
    Options
    malixdark wrote: »
    I sell gold. And I make very fast easy cash from it. But I can honestly say beyond doubt I'd love to see the economy revert back to the old 150k per days.

Theoretically I could spend hundreds and obtain the greatest gear ever and "pwn nubs" all day, but that's not the game I want to end up playing =/ Eventually the free players would all quit. That pretty much makes it competition between all the cash shoppers. After a while, my hundreds become common and I'm the nub, and to be "the best" I'd need to spend thousands. Eventually the casual cash shoppers quit and the player who spends thousands becomes average. No one is happy. QQ and ragequit and unhappy new players will be abundant. Grinding and half the game content becomes absolutely pointless.

Is this the game we want to end up stuck playing...?

Are you selling your gold at 150k now? You do realize that you do not have to follow the trend and you can still sell your gold for 150k even right now, right?

If you want to be part of the solution, start selling your gold at 150k, and you will be able to be part of your own vision.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously, use the correct forum avatar that shows your server and character name and level.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yup. Before JJ there was a balance between the merchanting I did and the in-game questing. However, merchanting scales along with the whatever the current Gold prices are, while in-game questing does not.

The result is that for every moment you play the game you're losing out by not cat-shopping and just buying the XP/Rep/Equipment instead. For example, from 5:30p to 9:30p my cat-shop earned 750k profit which buys 135 Reputation. There's no way anybody doing 1-man-army, FBs, Quests, whatever for those 4 hours could ever hope to compete with that, since I was literally doing nothing the whole time (well, actually I was playing a FPS on my other computer, something I haven't done in years).

That's a pretty boring way to play, so of course I do go out and try to complete quests anyway, but there's no actual reason to do so.

So in the end you're playing an RPG that doesn't reward you for role-playing, in fact it punishes you. The pleasure of striving to get ahead is gone, and instead I just watch as my wealth increases exponentially and wonder when, if ever, that wealth is going to mean something again.

THIS

everyone take a good long read at this again
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited October 2009
    Options
    THIS

everyone take a good long read at this again

This game gives you the option to PVP at the economic level, and the same way people get upset when they get their butts kicked by another player while pking, people also get upset when they get their rear ends handed to them by someone that made more coin than they did.

Stop complaining just because you suck at the economic pvp game. Maybe PWE should make a third type of server where all merchandising and trading would be not allowed, so that people that do not want to deal with the economic consequences would not have to deal with the economic impacts of their decisions.

A PVE selling-to-NPC only server.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    But instead sell the Mall Items directly that's what happens in other games, but you as seller won't be the only one trying to sell the 'packs' so be asured that there will be prize fight on that..
    Sure, there will be competition that will end up pricing the packs roughly the same as the competition that currently ends up pricing the Gold.

Except in your system it won't be as easy to find what you're looking for at a price you can agree on. You believe that making it harder to do business will result in people capitulating to do things they don't really want to do (ie. sell for a lower price). But in reality it just results in shortages and less people getting what they want, be they buyers or sellers.

Plus someone will Have to sell gold.. theres always someone who wants fast coin in or between events.. and also take in account that more players will have Gold in stock by then.
    I'm not sure where you think the magical Gold surplus will come from, but in any case what you're proposing will result in hundreds of "Buy-> 200K" orders in the auction house for every piece of Gold that somebody actually sells.

The resulting Gold shortage will then cause further inflation, since there will quickly be a shortage of Charms and other cash-shop items. This situation is perfect for greedy opportunist like me who aren't above a little friendly predatory price-gouging at the expense of others.

So, yeah, your plan is absolutely perfect for making the rich richer and the poor poorer. The Anniversary Packs are doing a reasonable good job of that atm, but your plan is much more efficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Stop complaining just because you suck at the economic pvp game. Maybe PWE should make a third type of server where all merchandising and trading would be not allowed, so that people that do not want to deal with the economic consequences would not have to deal with the economic impacts of their decisions.
    We're not complaining because we suck at it. We're complaining because the state of the economy, specifically caused by the massive benefits given by the Anniversary Packs, trumps everything else.

If I sat down to play Texas-Hold-em and got dealt a pair of aces every single time, it would be fun at first, but it wouldn't take long for it to become pretty clear the game is broken favouring me. Even I wouldn't want to play anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

wines at 400k? Don't you think they are being greedy, since only 2 months ago you could buy high mats for 1k-2k each and now they are 5k-7k?

lol this is not a good argument.
    Mats are sold in the CS..
    meaning ...
    Mats are = to the price of Gold.

Coin sellers are no more greedy than the CSers.
    Coin sellers are just reflecting the greed of Gold sellers.
    If you want to beleive greed has anything to do with it.
    But i dont think greed has anything to do with it, unless we are talking about PWE.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    This game gives you the option to PVP at the economic level, and the same way people get upset when they get their butts kicked by another player while pking, people also get upset when they get their rear ends handed to them by someone that made more coin than they did.

A PVE selling-to-NPC only server.

LOL? i suck at the economic pvp game? you don't even know me, how i make money in-game, nor did you get the point of his post all all. yes, i am complaining because actually playing the game is less rewarding than sitting on my **** not playing the game. ironic isn't it? you can grind for 4 hours, i can sit in cat mode in 4 hours, and i can end up with more coin, more exp (if i choose to use said coins for exp). you can spend days, weeks, in TT, losing sleep, getting your gear, i can sleep and leave my computer on afk, and i'll probably get the gear faster, probably already refined and sharded too. this is just too stupid...i have no idea why people run TT, especially during this period of time. are you even reading? that's how broken the packs are.

ever since i started merchanting during the JJ before the anniv packs, i can safely say that just sitting in catshop is more profitable than actually doing anything in-game. and since these events and sales are almost neverending, i haven't really *played* the game in a long time. the in-game rewards for grinding and running instances are so far behind the rewards you get from sales and events, it's almost like a separate world

it's not about being jealous, it's about the game being broken. you remember this one player that mouthed off, made a bunch of polls during the first anniv pack release? he was one of the richest players on sanctuary, despite not having paid anything. he could've benefited from the event so much because he horded an enormous amount of gold from merchanting. so why do you think he was complaining? why do you think he left?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
This discussion has been closed.