TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• By_uL - Sanctuary
    By_uL - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A fight between Enelysion and LG or Ene vs RR seems irrelevant. Seeing as how no faction besides Nef controls a majority of the map, infighting among factions only gives Nefarious more time to use their TW income to bolster their own ranks.

Maybe once Nefarious is no longer a majority land holder epic fights between equal strength factions will become something to consider.

I mean if we are going to think about hypothetical TW situations, why not consider what TW would be like if there was no majority land holder on the map, and that all factions were within similar strength capacities both gear and level wise? That would be an intriguing demonstration of coordination and strategy (albeit limited).

Not everyone fights a TW purely to claim a Territory. It is another component of the game that is meant to be enjoyed, winning over a land is more of a treat than necessity to motivate someone to partake in it.

Given the economy, you'll be surprised at how little my income can bolster my ranks. This point I find insignificant

Owning the majority of land does prevent lower factions of similar power to enjoy TW to the fullest. But that should build motivation/ambition to improve instead of resent that a lot of people display. A certain leader displays that more than anyone I know on this server and I give him the fullest credit on how far his determination has come.

Lastly, the purpose of my original post was intended to shift the focus back to TW talk instead of lame, irreverent, and to be frank stupid comments people make on one of the last threads that the whole server used to read/get updates on.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ene Vs RR or something like that is possible :P

all we have to do is knock Ene or Leg off the map, and leave RR on the map so that they can attack RR :P

or you can continue bashing us up :P i don't mind getting more pvp kills :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everyone has their own reasons for fighting, I don't disagree with your sentiments at all By_uL... merely expressing the way I view things.

As far as improving ones own gear, I was more looking at the tw income that Nef takes in as a whole. Done correctly, Nef could slowly but eventually outfit all their players with the best gear and very high refines. Back when Legendary had 21-23 lands we were discussing how much money we could put to +10'ing our best and most active players weapons each week. The economy of the game was also fairly similar to what it is now. Doing the math I think it came out to us having enough money to +10 one persons weapon each week or +8 two weapons a week and still having money for charm compensation and all that other nice stuff. Nefarious holds twice as much land as we did at the time, so a similar program would seem feasible for them. Considering how long Nef has sat with 35+ lands, I don't understand why a better tw gear program hasn't been put into motion by Nef. Maybe I just don't understand faction politics like I used to.

I don't fight to get land for my faction, or to make money. Everyone has their own motivation. I like the idea of beating the strongest faction on the map. I think that is a worthy end-game objective and it is what keeps me here.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Given the economy, you'll be surprised at how little my income can bolster my ranks. This point I find insignificant

Owning the majority of land does prevent lower factions of similar power to enjoy TW to the fullest.

Now think about the people that don't own land and continue to TW every weekend. b:shocked

And if smaller factions started to fight each other, wouldn't Nefarious get bored of TW without pressure? b:surrender
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Emailed Akasera last night, hope she replies b:cute

If fishkasera would decide to play PW again ( doubt it'll happen ) then hands off strife ! I'd kidnap her to RT !
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everyone has their own reasons for fighting, I don't disagree with your sentiments at all By_uL... merely expressing the way I view things.

As far as improving ones own gear, I was more looking at the tw income that Nef takes in as a whole. Done correctly, Nef could slowly but eventually outfit all their players with the best gear and very high refines. Back when Legendary had 21-23 lands we were discussing how much money we could put to +10'ing our best and most active players weapons each week. The economy of the game was also fairly similar to what it is now. Doing the math I think it came out to us having enough money to +10 one persons weapon each week or +8 two weapons a week and still having money for charm compensation and all that other nice stuff. Nefarious holds twice as much land as we did at the time, so a similar program would seem feasible for them. Considering how long Nef has sat with 35+ lands, I don't understand why a better tw gear program hasn't been put into motion by Nef. Maybe I just don't understand faction politics like I used to.

Either Nef is already doing this or the Nef cash-shoppers have been pouring even more cash into the game than usual...more than a few of their heavy hitters have had significant upgrades made to their gear in the past few weeks
    I don't fight to get land for my faction, or to make money. Everyone has their own motivation. I like the idea of beating the strongest faction on the map. I think that is a worthy end-game objective and it is what keeps me here.

QFT b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i guess i'm not considered by your eyes a nef :P or if you never seen me before, b:bye hehe. But we only shutdown our members if it gets out of hand :P
    must not admit that b:chuckle you are definately harder to poke than sinangel tho lol. Can we haz a petition to get sinangel back? b:chuckle

as for this thread dans probably getting busier with school i presume ;o seems more pple are recently..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    Tannzie - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010

am in here for a long time, and there is a lot before you get the refines, the prob is people here are greedy to let money go out of the bank, a person who's been in nef for like from the beg should easily be give the privilege but i guess err nope. If your not influential with officers or leaders hmm tough time for you. We lost good barbs like Xaro$ for it too
    edited February 2010
    am in here for a long time, and there is a lot before you get the refines, the prob is people here are greedy to let money go out of the bank, a person who's been in nef for like from the beg should easily be give the privilege but i guess err nope. If your not influential with officers or leaders hmm tough time for you. We lost good barbs like Xaro$ for it too
    its a little sad to see the downsides of money in RL also apply to an online game. Who would be to blame in such a situation or what factors need to be fixed??
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Am no1 to suggest this but, you know it can be done as follow

check guild list and make a not of the lvl 100's and 99's . Now chk if they have there TT 99 or TT 100 or lunar 95 weps ready or not. If they have sort them out. This end list can be refreshed each 2 weeks.

and you can randomly do a sort of lottery and select the people for refining.

Oh and the the minimum requirement to be entitled for refines can be put to the number of months spends in the faction like 3 months or so ? if the criteria is TW then its bad cause there are chances for a person not be selected for TW a particular week, Or also possible that there is one TW a particular week and only 80 ppl can go in it, so those 80 have a upper hand which i guess is not fair

this would ensure faster lvlng, and also more TT runs as a whole to the faction.

But again, not my faction. Just thought this might be a good way to ensure all gets proper gearing, fairly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2010
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

the biggest issue, is the fact gold prices has gone up. tw income for land doesn't increase accordingly. So, when you get paid about 400 mil it is worth about 1k gold, but before, 200 mil is worth 2k gold, so you can see how getting paid more didn't come in comparison with the inflation of gold prices.

furthermore, at higher lvl, it means more hp, more charm click and heavier charm cost. What was once maybe 1 gold hp charm per tw, would have change to 1 plat charm, etc. So, in reality is, according to gold prices, nef is defending more land with half of what it get paid compared to when it was defending 23 lands.

if the case was that gold was still at 100k per gold, i'm pretty sure a lot of money would have been put into refinement. Furthermore, what was once, 1 long tw in every triple attack, it come to the point of having a second long tw because many faction are closing the gap between lvl and equipment due to the fact most are at lvl 100, and there isn't a way to lvl faster or get better gear except for nirvana and lunar item. but those aren't easy to achieve either cause it needs either ridiculous amount of coins or time invested.

sooo, how you like my wall of text b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    When Legendary was discussing a high refine program for long standing members of the faction, the anniversary packs had just been introduced and gold was at an insane all time high. While I understand the current economy is rather steep with these stupid coral puffs or w/e it still isn't as bad as things were when anni's fist appeared. There have also been quite a few instances were I have seen gold down at around mid 200k range in the last few months.

I also understand that charm cost is heavier. But even considering this back when we did, charms were near the price that they have maintained as of lately. We had tough fights back then too, still maintaining a few three hour defenses against Nef.

I understand what you are getting at evga, just saying the opportunity has more than once presented itself for Nef to improve the gear of their tw players in the time since Leg's big disappearance from the map. Anyway, this is still really off topic.

I am excited for this weekend ^_^
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    QQ. College + Perfect World don't go together b:surrender
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you sound almost like wizzeled :P and yes i was extending the joke b:laugh

Cool Story Bro
    edited February 2010
    So, in reality is, according to gold prices, nef is defending more land with half of what it get paid compared to when it was defending 23 lands.
    wait how are you defending more land when the number of TWs for you guys that last over 1-2hrs is still pretty much the same as when you held half the map, 2 if not 3 factions (maybe not even 3..) unless your including those multi 5-15min mini TWs that some applicants name as 'real' TWs. When the map was still split, the gold was well over 250k+, and since then the gold has near doubled but same can be said about your land since the lv1,2,3 ones are included. The pay might not have increased with the economy but i doubt it has decreased, at the most it should be stagnant.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    haha, i agree, but those time when gold are at 250k are short and the difference is too small to really make a difference. the problem with refining certain people armour, what criteria do you go about choosing them? those who pass will be happy and those who doesn't will QQ, and it causes more headache trying to find a perfect system, where the income of the faction could coincide with the funds needed to refine people armor or weapon together with good gold prices.
    QQ. College + Perfect World don't go together b:surrender

i agree!!! but i found a new way to make fast money :P if you are in a research school :P be a lab rat b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Heck, not going into the red for TW is a huge benefit already.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Sinangel also said that 5-15 minute TWs pretty much pay for all tower costs etc. Those mini TWs that you guys win also for stuff too.. So I don't see how you're losing money.
    edited February 2010
    Sinangel also said that
    do i need to say more ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

edited February 2010
    do i need to say more ?
    lmfao herne....lmfao
    edited February 2010
    lmfao herne....lmfao

sooner or later someone would have pointed that out, so i just did it before them.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Told ya nef would go for enely b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    Told ya nef would go for enely b:chuckle
    meh 2.5 more hrs at work >.>
    Im gonna have a laughing fit if regi attacks nef and nef decides to focus more on regi again lol. If they loose to enelysion (again), which they are the attackers, it wouldnt look nice for nef.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    meh 2.5 more hrs at work >.>
    Im gonna have a laughing fit if regi attacks nef and nef decides to focus more on regi again lol. If they loose to enelysion (again), which they are the attackers, it wouldnt look nice for nef.

If they focus too heavily on enely though, regi's gonna get them. Seems they're kinda getting backed into a corner at this point. They're just about maintaining their current number of land now, rather than steadily adding +1 every week.
    edited February 2010
    If they focus too heavily on enely though, regi's gonna get them. Seems they're kinda getting backed into a corner at this point. They're just about maintaining their current number of land now, rather than steadily adding +1 every week.

err i might have understood you wrong but if your thinking that nef will get one atk and one defense at the same time then err your wrong, that's not possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    regi and nef land ping pong have already lasted for a while so it comes as no suprise if they get back land again. It would hurt nefs pride if they let a fac thats weaker than regi to defeat them not only in offense but defense too for 2 continuous weeks. (sry no offense, just laying out honest facts...=x)
    edited February 2010
    (sry no offense, just laying out honest facts...=x)

dont believe errrr b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2010
    dont believe errrr b:shocked
    pfft i wouldnt apologize if i meant it lol

just hoping pple can take it maturely>.>;
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Yeah evga, I've considered all that stuff before lol. There is always a way to develop a criteria for picking people to give really nice refines to, that isn't that difficult. People are always going to QQ, that doesn't really change. Loyalty is also another issue, we had several members in Legendary who joined in, got a +5 or +6 sponsored refinement on their weapon, or their 20 chrono pages and then end up bolting. Figured with all the heaps of coinage Nef gets each week the "brains" behind Nef could figure something like this out.

Tempted to login to check the tw schedule >.>