TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

sylenthunder
sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
This thread is for discussing TW Battles, QQing about losing, and all the other junk you guys like to toss out here. normal-1.gif​​
582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
​​
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    *Since people have been curious and the other thread has been closed per request of the OP*

Territory War
    Weekend of 5/15/09 - 5/17/09

This is week's action:
    Nefarious was attacked on NINE different fronts. Breakdown of these defenses:

5/15 (Fri) :
    Shockwave - Plain of Farewells (V. Nefarious)
    Regicide - Dragon Wilderness (V. Nefarious)
    Legendary - Windswept Grasslands (V. Nefarious)

5/16 (Sat.)
    LoveHurts - The Harshlands (V. Nefarious)
    NoWayOut - The Frozen Path (V. Nefarious)
    LIONSOUL - Broken Plains (V. Nefarious)

5/17 (Sun.)
    MPire - Silk Ridge (V. Nefarious)
    Anarchy99 - Courage Path (V. Nefarious)
    Paladin - Buried Bones (V. Nefarious)

Legendary has one assault and one defense:

Assault:
    5/15 (Fri.)
    Nefarious - Windswept Grasslands (V. Nefarious)

Defense:
    5/16 (Sat.)
    Audeamus - Sanctuary (V. Legendary)

Breakdown:
    Nefarious had a long weekend ahead of them, it seemed, after the territory funds ended Thursday night. They were scheduled to have a three front attack from three established and strong factions. The main expectation from the server was that Nefarious would lose at least one land this weekend. Something that had not been seen since the three pronged attack from Wiccanway, Nemisis and Seppuku many many months ago, where Seppuku walked away with the only PvP TW victory against Nefarious ever in the history of this server. However, through either sheer strength, impeccable coordination, extreme luck or a bit of all three, Nefarious walked away the victor of all three TWs by destroying all three crystals under 2 hours. Congratulations to Nefarious, Great fight Legendary Regicide and Shockwave, better luck next time!

Nefarious also had 3 battles each day on Saturday and Sunday, including factions such as LIONSOUL and MPire, both of which was their 2nd consecutive week attempting to take on Nefarious. However, Nefarious came out on top once again and succesfully defended all 6 TWs. Congratulations Nefarious. Great fight LIONSOUL, LoveHurts, NoWayOut, MPire, Anarchy99, Paladin, better luck next time.

Legendary was also attacked this weekend by Audeamus. Legendary successfully defended and came out the victor by destroying their crystal with 30 minutes. Congratulations Legendary. Great fight Audeamus, better luck next time.

Rumors/Behind the scene information:

Rumors have been going around that LoveHurts and NoWayOut were fake factions that were paid by Nefarious to protect their land. The truth is, both factions are owned by a single player who seems to have a personal vendetta against Nefarious or their members. Perhaps more will be revealed as time passes.

Other rumors have been going around that Audeamus was also a fake faction paid by Legendary to protect their land. There is no sense in this rumor so it should be thrown out the window. Also, others were wondering why it took Legendary more than 10 minutes to defeat Audeamus. It has been reported that Legendary was running tests and simulations to improve their future TW endeavors.

It have been reported that Shockwave had a low turnout, resulting in the quick defeat conducted by Nefarious and their complete victory of the weekend. Regicide, it has been reported, was said to have fielded around 60-70 members.

Nefarious was unable to attack Legendary like expected due to the Leader of Nefarious being banned and forced to miss the bidding times. Speculations have been made about why he was banned, and many sources have pointed to an incident of bidding the previous weekend.

Rebirth, a familiar face in TW, failed to launch any attack at all this weekend. Many wondered why so. It has been reported that the interim leader..overslept, hence missing the bid time.

Times to come:
    Nefarious is now expected to attack head on into Legendary TW. Their leader is no longer banned and ready to commence attack that was expected this past weekend. The most obvious target: Archosaur.

Legendary is expected to continue attacking Nefarious. Will they attack the same territory? It seems they have their eyes on 1k Streams.

The other TW active factions have learned and seen a lot this weekend. Which way will they sway? Will they join in with Nefarious to attack Legendary, or will it be the way it has been the past 2 weekend and continue attacking Nefarious with Legendary? Only time will tell.

Territory Break Down:
    Nefarious : 26 Territories
    Legendary: 18 Territories

2009-05-1819-27-39-1.jpg

*as requested by 'elle :P*

-No names will be used in this report nor in future reports. Everyone involved will be referred to by either their title or their faction.

Thanks for tuning in to this past weekends TW report. Stay tuned for next weeks report. Bye bye! b:bye

*any mistakes you see (facts only, the rumors/behind the scenes is what I have OBSERVED not CONCEIVED), please feel free to point them out and I will make the corrections. Thank You.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Awesome job 'fern!
    I like the organization and appreciate all the effort you put into all the juicy details of each TW. If you are going to keep this up I'd like to request you also add a territory screenshot for each week as well.

They are fun to look at when looking backward.

EDIT Ohh congrats on 92 btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MorgulLord - Sanctuary
    MorgulLord - Sanctuary Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nice report. I hope you can keep it as unbiased as possible. ^^

Rumours are okay, but its opinions that ruined the previous reports.

~Morgul
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally...
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Ive gotta say...

Good job on the TW Update.....Hope you can keep up with it every week b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • _WillFire_ - Sanctuary
    _WillFire_ - Sanctuary Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nicely done Holy. b:victory
    Mark 12:29-37
    _WillFire_ 8x Combat Medic
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    oohh good job

oh..
    <.<

>.>
    *whisper*
    supposedly during the shock-regi-leg battles
    the reason shock lost so fast is because nef sent all of theirs highest levels
    there to destroy them fast as possible

/end *whisper*
    edited May 2009
    o.o b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Battlefront.. where have I heard that before? :D b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    you must be free at work to do all this :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atoli_ - Sanctuary
    Atoli_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    She must have....is soo detailed :o wonder how long you spend typing this...
  • XFlay - Sanctuary
    XFlay - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    regarding Rebirth:

Asch had real life problems to take care of a few weeks ago, so he left his account in control of a friend, and she couldn't make TW bidding times, so she passed Leadership over to YzarC, who could. Asch was due back last week, and he did come back, but problems keep arising that prevent him from playing :P

as for what we'll do this weekend, if he can't make the TW bidding, then oh well. we'll lose a few unloyal people who can't be bothered waiting for him to sort out problems that are more important then the game. :D all in all, most of Rebirth are just waiting for him to get back so we can make our move xD
    edited May 2009
    and what move would that be? b:puzzled
    edited May 2009
    Also,
    Thank you to everyone who has complimented me, but ESPECIALLY thank you to all for not starting flame wars here. I tried my best to keep this as unbiased as possible and to INFORM not to INFLUENCE.

I will do my best to keep this going every week. Unfortunately I will be away for the last two weeks of June. Perhaps I can find a replacement writer:P

And NO,I didnt write it at work, just during my unwinding time after I returned from work and it took me about 30 minutes or so b:laugh
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    more more please :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    yes, Id like to hear about the other's TW experience this past weekend.

I know Regicide's rocked. b:victory

• Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Oh Holy dear, what will your boss say? ^_^
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I wonder when was the last weekend when every single TW was a failure. None come to mind. The map is entirely the same this week as it was last week. Server first?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Corennes - Sanctuary
    Corennes - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nicely done Holy!

btw it was the second time that Eminence did TW. The first time was against Steel.
    edited May 2009
    My guess is that WhiteShot with MPire is just playing TW to have fun. I dont think they really do think they can take any land in the future with their current levels.

Now, _Knightmare_....I think he is testing both waters, to get his LIONSOUL peeps to get as much TW experience in the future. Perhaps, preparing to make an impact on the map in the near future? One never really knows until it is confirmed.

Great work, Holy....keep it up b:victory

• Reeshar - Sanctuary
    Reeshar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reeshar - Sanctuary
    Reeshar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    1 of the best server related posts ive seen
  • slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ^
    wrong.

Eminence did TW when they were paid to outbid regicide, rebirth and steel - when outlaw was still around.
    edited May 2009
    slymeria wrote: »
    ^
    wrong.

Eminence did TW when they were paid to outbid regicide, rebirth and steel - when outlaw was still around.

who exactly are you saying wrong too? and can you elaborate?
  • Lieal - Dreamweaver
    Lieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I found this link by following from your suggestion post on DW... having read through that, makes me really want to have one started up on DW too. Maybe in the future, when someone who has enough contacts decides to breach the forums. b:chuckle

But I'm just popping in here... this kind of makes me wish I had started on Sanctuary instead of HT when the servers first opened.

This is interesting to read, good job. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slymeria
    slymeria Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    who exactly are you saying wrong too? and can you elaborate?

to Corennes. she said the first TW was against steel, which is false. that TW was their second, there first being when they outbid rebirth/regicide/steel, when they were attacking outlaw's lands. therefore, this is there third tw, not second.
    edited May 2009
    so...did eminence ever attack steel? or was it confusion on correnes' part on them attacking steal instead of them outbidding them?
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    If I recall correctly, Eminence bid on Outlaw's land, and failed, along with two other factions.

At a later date; they bid on Steel, along with Nefarious, to which Steel responded with, in their words, "Most of our force". That was the weekend Steel lost their first territory to Nef.

The attack on Legendary (to which I didn't know about - how'd it go? =o) is their third, I guess. I'm not sure if they had ever attacked, prior to their first offensive on Outlaw.
  • Vandalarius - Sanctuary
    Vandalarius - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Asch is correct. Em has had a total of three tw's: first against Outlaw. Second against Steel. And now most recently Leg. Wether anymore are to happen in the future is unknown =P
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    nobody gives a **** anymore. the only people who care are the 2 who are on the map and have a guranteed participation AND win.

the rest of us just have our thumbs up our ****.
    edited May 2009
    nobody gives a **** anymore. the only people who care are the 2 who are on the map and have a guranteed participation AND win.

the rest of us just have our thumbs up our ****.

first attack b:sad