What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• Options
    ech0lessech0less Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello, this guide looks very interesting and I will probably try it out. I would like to ask though; is this build viable in pvp? Because I mainly pve, but pvping sometimes is fun. I know it's a pve build, but I was just wondering.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ech0less wrote: »
    Hello, this guide looks very interesting and I will probably try it out. I would like to ask though; is this build viable in pvp? Because I mainly pve, but pvping sometimes is fun. I know it's a pve build, but I was just wondering.

Hi, thanks for passing by. I don't recommend this build for PvP, you would be too squishy. I've explained this a bit more in the previous pages.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    sharpfangjr#5006 sharpfangjr Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've recently came back to the game. One of my level 60 toons is a GWF. What's a good ability loadout for grinding the next 10 levels?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    trendor77 wrote: »
    I've recently came back to the game. One of my level 60 toons is a GWF. What's a good ability loadout for grinding the next 10 levels?

The same powers as described in the guide except that you would use Restoring Strike instead of Hidden Daggers. The Self-Healing effect is going to be very useful and don't forget to check for gear with higher HP every time you get a couple of levels because that will help you to lvl up a lot easier.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What kind of stones to slot in my companions slots? Any particular gear to keep an eye on(neck, ring, etc).
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What kind of stones to slot in my companions slots? Any particular gear to keep an eye on(neck, ring, etc).

Profane runestones and Loyal Avenger gear (comes with Power, Crit and ArPen). Azure in offensive slots, Radiants in Defensive slots.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Profane in both offense and defense slots? I mostly have the cheap for gold companions atm. Only one I do have is the fire archon, but I am slowly saving AD for the others and leveling a DC for the sigil of the devoted.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Profane in both offense and defense slots? I mostly have the cheap for gold companions atm. Only one I do have is the fire archon, but I am slowly saving AD for the others and leveling a DC for the sigil of the devoted.

Eldritch runestone in defensive slots. Getting an augment companion requires a good amount of AD and the loyal avenger gear isn't really cheap. Companions arent' a priority so focus in your character first. Step by step.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Eldritch runestone in defensive slots. Getting an augment companion requires a good amount of AD and the loyal avenger gear isn't really cheap. Companions arent' a priority so focus in your character first. Step by step.

Step by step is correct, but I would actually advocate for getting an augment quite soon after your toon hits lv 70. Assuming your character is in R7s and T1 dungeon gear and blue artifact gear (of the cheap or free variety) then an augment pet is the next best bang for your buck as an investment since it allows you to get an additional 3 gear slots each with an enchantment slot (or dual slots), and 3 slots for runestones as well (so 9 slots total) .

Say you get a Ioun Stone of Allure. That costs 600k AD for the stone. This has a icon/neck/ring gear slots, and you can buy a dual slot companion only loyal avenger neck and icon gear for very little AD (use a single enchant slot ring of your choice), like 20k, and R7s of various types cost 30k AD each.

So 8 rank 7s that you need is 240k, plus 20k for the companion gear, plus 600k for the stone = 860k to gain ~4000 stats from the gear and 1520 stats from the rank 7s = 5520 stats = 155 AD per stat point.

If you were to upgrade to rank 8s next then you would be paying 250k per rank 8, or less really if you made your own, but it would still be more expensive. Buying RP for artifact gear is not a very good return if you have blue artifact gear already, even normal arts cost a lot of RP to level past a certain point. yes you can farm free RP to level this stuff, but you can farm that RP and probably sell it and buy the Allure stone + gear and get more stats sooner. And you can get an allure stone for cheaper than 600k AD as well, very easily with the level up discounts you get from 0-60
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I know it's going to take a very long time even with selling zen for AD. I'm just trying to get a rough outline of a plan in my head to have some idea of what I want to do with the toon. Just to so I can keep an eye out for different items. Maybe I'll get lucky with drops or something.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    well the pets that lazalia is using are the best pets for to use for a BIS GWF with really high crit chance. With a lower end GWF you are probably better off using different pets, like the yeti (like 150k last i looked)for example, that add extra damage and are good even at green to use as place holders until you can eventually get the BIS ones. pets besides the augment really are some of the last upgrades you want to make.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    those are the best 4 companions, but they are also expensive to get and so for a low geared GWF you are better off with the Yeti, and the Blink Dog and other cheaper options
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Quick question: when would you use avalanche of steel? It just seems to be so slow to be of any use imo.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Quick question: when would you use avalanche of steel? It just seems to be so slow to be of any use imo.

1) When you are going to start a fight 2) When you don't have enough stamina and you need to avoid damage 3) When you think that you are going to die and you need to take a break during the fight, 4) You know the specific moment when many enemies are going to appear, AoS cover a large area and the prone effect is going to be very useful helping your teammates (also if you are fully stacked you can kill a few weak enemies).
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When you desperately need a breather (immune to damage during the animation) or when you need a mass control move with no target cap. It's a great "oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" button.

Edit: Post looks foolishly late due to ZSO
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice Guide. Have you ever thought of doing a separate guide with slightly lower gear, just to show people that cant afford bis other alternatives?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sirrappro wrote: »
    Nice Guide. Have you ever thought of doing a separate guide with slightly lower gear, just to show people that cant afford bis other alternatives?

Thank you. I've always tried to explain that the whole high crit build is a concept or an idea. You don't need BiS gear in order to achieve it. It is understanding how to prioritize which stats are necessary for your GWF then start upgrading everything step by step. I.e I mention that the core of the build is Crit % and Crit Sev %, you will start looking for Crit in your gear and your weapon enchantment would be vorpal: normal, greater, perfect, etc. R7s, R8s, then R9s, etc... Working with 51% or 100% crit chance means it's the same build.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi there :)

One stupid question - Just saw you have iLvL 4.9, so how you did that :) I really think, ilvl is dust in the eyes, but noticed I have 4.787 with only 5xR11 darks at utility slots, others are R12. Even i make all 12s my ilvl will be 4.8xx. So did you made all active companions to look like oranges? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    reddevilbs wrote: »
    Hi there :)

One stupid question - Just saw you have iLvL 4.9, so how you did that :) I really think, ilvl is dust in the eyes, but noticed I have 4.787 with only 5xR11 darks at utility slots, others are R12. Even i make all 12s my ilvl will be 4.8xx. So did you made all active companions to look like oranges? :)

Hey, yeah TiL is stupid or meaningless after a certain point. Companions doesn't give you item lvl.

If you have 4.787, upgrading your darks to r12 will take you to 4.852. If you upgrade your lesser soulforged which is lv 32 to transcendent lv 82, you will have the missing points, 4.852+50 = 4.902.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    stuaretstuaret Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi lazaroth,
    To complete the campaigns, how much armor penetration i should have? The same for dungeons? 40%-60%? Have mobs outside of dungeons any damage resistance?!
    Thanks for this guide!
  • Options
    thevaliantraxthevaliantrax Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You mentioned "A Black Dragon Ioun Stone will grant you extra Armor Penetration"
    I read the stats only said "Active Bonus: Increases Critical Chance by 10% when you are below 50% Hit Points." What do you mean by increased ArPen? Is it like a upgraded quality stat or something

btw What is BIS? (im not familiar with the new gear/stuff)
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    This is amazing! I love it when players take the time to really get to know the depth of the classes and builds. Great job, Lazalia!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    edited June 2015
    You mentioned "A Black Dragon Ioun Stone will grant you extra Armor Penetration"
    I read the stats only said "Active Bonus: Increases Critical Chance by 10% when you are below 50% Hit Points." What do you mean by increased ArPen? Is it like a upgraded quality stat or something

BIS = Best In Slot, meaning the best option available

Ioun stones have basic stats on them that are only transfered to the player when the stone is summoned. The black dragon stone has power, armpen and crit I believe. As you level the stone up to 30/40 the amount of stats it grants increases. Take a look at the wiki entries for the different ioun stones to see the various stats they come with
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey, yeah TiL is stupid or meaningless after a certain point. Companions doesn't give you item lvl.

If you have 4.787, upgrading your darks to r12 will take you to 4.852. If you upgrade your lesser soulforged which is lv 32 to transcendent lv 82, you will have the missing points, 4.852+50 = 4.902.

Yeah, I forgot abt soulforged. I have pure refined for trans, but it ruins my visuals so badly. Till some development, regarding "stop armor enchantment visuals", I will use lesser and the pure will age in the bank.
    Btw, happy meeting in game ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    stuaret wrote: »
    Hi lazaroth,
    To complete the campaigns, how much armor penetration i should have? The same for dungeons? 40%-60%? Have mobs outside of dungeons any damage resistance?!
    Thanks for this guide!

Hi stuaret, thank you for passing by.

You did a very good question. You are going to need a higher arpen according to the lvl of your enemies. The mobs outside of the dungeons have a lot of damage resistance and find below 3 charts showing the DR of a few of them just to give you an idea about how much you need.

Icewind Dale

Enemies
    DR %

Berserkers

Wolves

Polar Bear

Dire Bear

Well of Dragons

Enemies
    DR %

Drake Handler

Small Drakes

Black Dragonclaw

Guard Drake

Dread Ring

Enemies
    DR %

Evoker

Iron Golem
    39.6%

Servitor

This means that if you want to deal full damage to a Servitor in Dread Ring, your minimum resistance ignored must be 32%.

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry for my late reply.

scathias already answered it perfectly. (Thank you, scathias!)

This is amazing! I love it when players take the time to really get to know the depth of the classes and builds. Great job, Lazalia!

Thank you very much for passing by! I really like to help others and share as much knowledge as possible about every class that I play. I've always done it in every game that I've played and that's the way how I contribute to the community.

reddevilbs wrote: »
    Yeah, I forgot abt soulforged. I have pure refined for trans, but it ruins my visuals so badly. Till some development, regarding "stop armor enchantment visuals", I will use lesser and the pure will age in the bank.
    Btw, happy meeting in game ;)

Indeed, if there's a day when it's going to be possible to disable the armor enchantment effects, that's going to be one of the best days of Neverwinter. Some people work so hard for their appareance and unfortunately is "destroyed" by the enchantment. :(
    It was nice to see you in game, very cool fashion in your GWF. ;)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I run hybrid of this build a IV destro build for PvE. SM can do higher dps but I can prone with a feat enhanced FLS (4 points in renforced surge and 1 in flanking manuvers) that gives me an element of add control and adds to group combat advantage but thats just my play style my changes being taking mighty blade since IV doesnt have wms for staying power and dropping the 4 points of unfettered strikes into reniforced surge and it seems to work really well also
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi stuaret, thank you for passing by.

You did a very good question. You are going to need a higher arpen according to the lvl of your enemies. The mobs outside of the dungeons have a lot of damage resistance and find below 3 charts showing the DR of a few of them just to give you an idea about how much you need.

Icewind Dale

Enemies
    DR %

Berserkers

Wolves

Polar Bear

Dire Bear

Well of Dragons

Enemies
    DR %

Drake Handler

Small Drakes

Black Dragonclaw

Guard Drake

Dread Ring

Enemies
    DR %

Evoker

Iron Golem
    39.6%

Servitor

This means that if you want to deal full damage to a Servitor in Dread Ring, your minimum resistance ignored must be 32%.

arp give some extra damage? my damage against sharandar/dv enemies is far superior than in icewind enemies and my arp is 54.7 (at least, heroic encounters. iam not sure about normal enemies).
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    I run hybrid of this build a IV destro build for PvE. SM can do higher dps but I can prone with a feat enhanced FLS (4 points in renforced surge and 1 in flanking manuvers) that gives me an element of add control and adds to group combat advantage but thats just my play style my changes being taking mighty blade since IV doesnt have wms for staying power and dropping the 4 points of unfettered strikes into reniforced surge and it seems to work really well also

That sounds nice and very fun too. Great Control Fighter? :)
    zacazu wrote: »
    arp give some extra damage? my damage against sharandar/dv enemies is far superior than in icewind enemies and my arp is 54.7 (at least, heroic encounters. iam not sure about normal enemies).

Theoretically, it shouldn't give you extra damage but this requires a proper testing with ACT. Maybe the mobs have another kind of resistance besides DR, something like Critical Damage Resistance. We might compare 2 enemies with different lvl but same DR like Servitor (Dread Ring) and Small Drakes (WoD) and do a research, we could find something interesting.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • Options
    death0619death0619 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm loving the build so far on my GWF. I just want to ask what weapon you used as a transmute and where to get it?
This discussion has been closed.