test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yo laz why DC arti ?you can get another 2.5% from another crit arti [Thayan Book of the Dead] mybe? .

Why do y need DC artifact can y explain it to me cuz we dont have good dalys .
    DC arti good for pvp(we all know this ) but for pve ?

Btw thnx for reply i think we can get enugh crit w/o WM and i really like what y have done here agan you made a good guide but i still wait for the final version cuz i know you can get from your GWF more dmg out:)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yo laz why DC arti ?you can get another 2.5% from another crit arti [Thayan Book of the Dead] mybe? .

Why do y need DC artifact can y explain it to me cuz we dont have good dalys .
    DC arti good for pvp(we all know this ) but for pve ?

Btw thnx for reply i think we can get enugh crit w/o WM and i really like what y have done here agan you made a good guide but i still wait for the final version cuz i know you can get from your GWF more dmg out:)

Hey bro, I find the DC sigil very important because I'm usually in front of the group when were are running dungeons and I start the fight the Avalanche of Steel. It allows the tank to take aggro without receiving damage and the CW can cast oppresive force for more CC. Crescendo can deal a lot of damage when the GWF is fully stacked and I like to keep my AoS charged after I've spent my daily power due to his utility, it's a lifesaver, i.e AoS helps to avoid the red ray of the Avatar of Lolth (in case that the tank isn't in the right position) or I can just spam crescendo if the whole situation is under control. Sometimes I switch to another artifact, Token of Chromatic Storm, for the debuff but it's very situational. My favorite or main artifact is Sigil of the Devoted in any case.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited May 2015
    Hey bro, I find the DC sigil very important because I'm usually in front of the group when were are running dungeons and I start the fight the Avalanche of Steel. It allows the tank to take aggro without receiving damage and the CW can cast oppresive force for more CC. Crescendo can deal a lot of damage when the GWF is fully stacked and I like to keep my AoS charged after I've spent my daily power due to his utility, it's a lifesaver, i.e AoS helps to avoid the red ray of the Avatar of Lolth (in case that the tank isn't in the right position) or I can just spam crescendo if the whole situation is under control. Sometimes I switch to another artifact, Token of Chromatic Storm, for the debuff but it's very situational. My favorite or main artifact is Sigil of the Devoted in any case.

Hmmm... intresting you shoud do some runs with my pala :)

Btw red ray of the Avatar of Lolth can be avoided by just running to cinderellas abdomen.
    If the tank need Avalanche of Steel then he is not so good :(.

In your first vid of E.tos you dont even used it one time this is why i ask.

I dont say its not usefull but mybe more crit is better just dont saw y use your daly soo much(watching your Y-tube vids) to make DC sigil recommended to your build.

Agan thnx for reply.

About Token of Chromatic Storm isnt the "Acid: Afflicts the target with -23% Physical Damage resistance for 10 seconds. "random?
    I never saw 1 in action but you got my attention.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • john718john718 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey in our offensive slots you said put all radiant echantment in Mod 5 is it still worth puting them or just more crti like Mod 6 all Azure but ATM I got 1.9k ArmrPen. Also my Crti is at 44% what you suggest more Crti or stay power and do I increase my ArmrPen? (This is Mod 5 Xbox)
    edited May 2015
    Hmmm... intresting you shoud do some runs with my pala :)

Btw red ray of the Avatar of Lolth can be avoided by just running to cinderellas abdomen.
    If the tank need Avalanche of Steel then he is not so good :(.

In your first vid of E.tos you dont even used it one time this is why i ask.

I dont say its not usefull but mybe more crit is better just dont saw y use your daly soo much(watching your Y-tube vids) to make DC sigil recommended to your build.

Agan thnx for reply.

About Token of Chromatic Storm isnt the "Acid: Afflicts the target with -23% Physical Damage resistance for 10 seconds. "random?
    I never saw 1 in action but you got my attention.

I usually don't die when I take the red ray, as I said it is due to the utility if she's aiming the ray towards me I just use AoS and look for any add around that must be killed. If I have the ability to not receive damage plus a bit of CC, why shouldn't I use it? :P

I need to make a video doing the dungeon run instead of just killing Syndrith just to show how I work with the dailies.

I don't understand what you meant with if the tank needs AoS then it's not so good. The Destroyer is not a tank, it is a DPS class. If the Destroyer were able to tank including his massive amount of DMG, everyone would be playing GWF for PvE.

Regarding to the token, yes, sometimes the debuff is applied and sometimes not but the damage and debuff is increased thanks to the destroyer stacks so it is a lot higher during combat.

We can do a run together and I can use the token, the debuff effect is very noticeable.
    john718 wrote: »
    Hey in our offensive slots you said put all radiant echantment in Mod 5 is it still worth puting them or just more crti like Mod 6 all Azure but ATM I got 1.9k ArmrPen. Also my Crti is at 44% what you suggest more Crti or stay power and do I increase my ArmrPen? (This is Mod 5 Xbox)

Hello! First your ArPen must be 24%, then invest in crit no more than 3.5k then go full power. I posted a guide for you xbox guys in the following thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?917811-XBOX-(MOD5)-Lazalia-s-High-Crit-Build-for-PvE-GWF-Destroyer
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    edited May 2015
    A quick video doing Valindra's Tower. https://youtu.be/VDM7OsGK0D4

I will start uploading videos about dungeons and add some tips since it was requested by GWFs ingame. It was a very nice suggestion, thanks!
    fkze9t.jpg
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A bit dissapointed ^^:
    "12-3" at the beginning? When do you join VT last time? ^^
    VT is the new speed farm dungeon for ADs. But nice vid.

edited May 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    A bit dissapointed ^^:
    "12-3" at the beginning? When do you join VT last time? ^^
    VT is the new speed farm dungeon for ADs. But nice vid.

I always do that for fun, so the other players doesn't choose the same number. Therefore, I don't have to argue about that before we start the fight with the boss.
    Just because everyone do it in the same place doesn't mean that I have to do it too. :)

Btw, I've farmed VT since it was released with several characters, I've lost the count already.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A dumb question. What does 12-3 mean? 12 wins and 3 loses? Thanks.

Edit: got it. The section in the last battle.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    A dumb question. What does 12-3 mean? 12 wins and 3 loses? Thanks.

During the fight against Valindra, some caskets will appear. Every member of the group have to press "F" on them in order to destroy them so this requires a bit of organization. It would be bad if everyone goes to the same casket because several elite adds will appear.

The fighting area is circular so imagine that is like a clock. The north area is 12, right side 3, south 6 and left side is 9. Four members will pick a number which means that they will cover that area. I.e in the video I took 12-3 meaning that I will take care of any casket that appears between the north and the right side. The last member is a floater and he/she will be around wherever is needed or he/she can be the tank keeping Valindra busy.

The funny thing is that in the video, we had so much DPS that the casket phase never happened. xD
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand what you meant with if the tank needs AoS then it's not so good. The Destroyer is not a tank, it is a DPS class. If the Destroyer were able to tank including his massive amount of DMG, everyone would be playing GWF for PvE.
    [/URL]

I know GWF tank path are wanished :)

Btw i dont think anyone want to play GWF some are like distant safe play not every ppl are fearless^^.

I just say if the tank in your pt need your daly to be succesfull then he is not so good player.
    Ofc you can help him just i wondered why u use it . This is all.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The funny thing is that in the video, we had so much DPS that the casket phase never happened. xD

Thanks. I thought I was missing something you did in video because after you entered the last area (in the video), I remember about the need to do something in each section. At that moment, I understood what 12-3 means.

I did not notice you did anything (as you explained your team was too powerful and nothing needs to be done). I thought "hmmm! May be I was wrong about that and you guys just did not want to jam into the same small area when the lightning strips came."

Thank you for the explanation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Thanks. I thought I was missing something you did in video because after you entered the last area (in the video), I remember about the need to do something in each section. At that moment, I understood what 12-3 means.

I did not notice you did anything (as you explained your team was too powerful and nothing needs to be done). I thought "hmmm! May be I was wrong about that and you guys just did not want to jam into the same small area when the lightning strips came."

Thank you for the explanation.

Easy explanation is laz have 4,7k I.lvl VT req 1.6 this means he outgraded it by x2,9 time.
    If you have 5 of those ppl means you have almos 15 ppl vs poor vally. :)
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Easy explanation is laz have 4,7k I.lvl VT req 1.6 this means he outgraded it by x2,9 time.
    If you have 5 of those ppl means you have almos 15 ppl vs poor vally. :)

1 GWF is enough for Val. I farm VT very often. You can sell amu for a really good price. Also we try to help ppl to get better gear and clear VT. With an crit build GWF and good gear you can easy nuke val down. Ofc im not geared as laz, but good enough to dps val down like nothing. Val is ( my opinion) the best endboss for an crit GWF. You can make huge dps and if you got an GF (Terror) and an DC ( Plague) you can see huge numbers ^^ on Val.

edited May 2015
    https://youtu.be/teQxv2YwEfQ

Ok, that's a video killing Akar Kessell in Kessell's Retreat. I joined this group through queue system (I arrived to the 2nd camp before the boss, so we had to clear a bit). I don't know any of them and I don't know what is their i.lvl (Low I think but good players). However, I thought it would be fun to try this dungeon with these guys and in the end I received a nice reward from the chest: A Black Ice Beholder artifact! Unfortunately, I didn't record it. ;(
    fkze9t.jpg
  • nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So quick question: Most CWs I play with nowadays don't use Arcane Singularity at all, mostly because of the target cap, so is that point still relevant, about Spinning Strike-ing during the AS. Furthermore, what is the thought behind using Spinning Strike. Like at all. I'm curious mostly.
    edited May 2015
    So quick question: Most CWs I play with nowadays don't use Arcane Singularity at all, mostly because of the target cap, so is that point still relevant, about Spinning Strike-ing during the AS. Furthermore, what is the thought behind using Spinning Strike. Like at all. I'm curious mostly.

Good CWs are still using Arcane Singularity. Regarding to the target cap, that's a thing of the past because the actual dungeons were reworked and often you will find groups of enemies up to 5 (maybe more in very specific situations). The thought about using Spinning Strike is simple, pure damage. However, Avalanche of Steel is great option too because you can start the fight with it, helping your teammates with a minor CC or helping youself avoiding death, it's very situational.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On arcane singularity, the biggest problem is not the target cap, but the 2 second cast time and that it negates Oppressive Force/Sudden Storm/Shard of Endless Advance. So if there is another CW in the party you will need to coordinate with them (need voice).

I just switched my GWF from IV/Destroyer to SM/Destroy using this guide. I'm impressed. SM drives me nuts (strange animations), and no single target marking skill, but the DPS is amazing. So thank you....
    edited May 2015
    On arcane singularity, the biggest problem is not the target cap, but the 2 second cast time and that it negates Oppressive Force/Sudden Storm/Shard of Endless Advance. So if there is another CW in the party you will need to coordinate with them (need voice).

I just switched my GWF from IV/Destroyer to SM/Destroy using this guide. I'm impressed. SM drives me nuts (strange animations), and no single target marking skill, but the DPS is amazing. So thank you....

Thanks for adding the information related to Arcane Singularity.

Yes, SM can be weird in the beginning until you get used to it. Sometimes, I miss Threatening Rush too and it forces me to use Sprint too much as gap closer but as you have mentioned, the DPS is amazing and is worth a lot more.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The biggest problem I find with Arcane Singularity is not just the cast time, but the activation time. It takes ages for it to pull the mobs into the center. During that time, the mobs are free to attack. A lot of other powers do not work as mentioned earlier, even if it is only 1 CW, you cannot do a singu/Shard combo like you can with OF/Shard or other powers. OF is a much better power because the cast time is almost immediate, maybe 0.5 sec cast time, no cap, daze affect is immediate.

Thanks to your guide, I am using my gwf that was a leadership alt as one of my mains. I now tend to bring my GWF a lot more than my CW as there are more CWs running around which I feel is a must have in a party for the rene buffs and control. The AoE damage is insane.

Still working on getting more crit as my current crit % is 66% with full weapon master stacks. So 30 % more crit to go! :(
  • malhavekmalhavek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    n/m. figured it out.
    edited May 2015
    malhavek wrote: »
    Hey lazaroth, thanks for your guide. When I click on the powers link, and then the feats tab, it shows all 0's.

Thank you for passing by. That link is only for Powers. The feats are in the second post of the guide.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know this is outside of the scope of this thread, but what do you think about the Instigator path?
  • loloxypwloloxypw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi, I am not from eu. And i dont agree with Mighty blade. I thing would be rational get Powerfull challenge and Student of the Sword. But i liked your "High crit" build.... pleases no yellow numbers in dmg) And one question... what a helmet ?)
    edited May 2015
    fizbad wrote: »
    I know this is outside of the scope of this thread, but what do you think about the Instigator path?

Instigator path seems to be focused in AoE DPS, using Mighty Leap + Not So Fast and Wicked Strike. I see an instigator being swordmaster, using WMS to buff Wicked Strike and dealing a ton of damage clearing trash which would be great except that he needs to take damage in order to get his damage buffs and that means suicide in the actual dungeons. Also, the best encounters are IBS+HD+DS and switching one of these for Mightly LEap or Not So Fast is giving up too much for my taste. Instigator should be more about group buffs/support, that would be a very interesting path for a GWF, but that's just my humble opinion about it.

loloxypw wrote: »
    Hi, I am not from eu. And i dont agree with Mighty blade. I thing would be rational get Powerfull challenge and Student of the Sword. But i liked your "High crit" build.... pleases no yellow numbers in dmg) And one question... what a helmet ?)

Since I've reach 100% crit chance, I've started to test Powerful Challenge + Studente of the Sword because that means 20% more damage, I don't longer need Vicious Advantage because going above 100% crit doesn't make any sense. However, I didn't post anything about it yet because I still need to test a bit more. I would suggest a build like this only after you have reach the max % crit chance, otherwise that extra crit chance granted by Vicious Advantage is much more important than a bit more of damage.

The helm is Paladin's Blessed Helm, it comes inside the Paladin Booster Pack (3500 zen).
    fkze9t.jpg
  • loloxypwloloxypw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe... you`re right
    What about Mighty blade? Its doent work for IBS and masters strike so... useless.
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Which ion stone are u using right now? Because for your crit calculatioin some pages ago u listed BDIS but in the Guide u show a Radiance one. Quite irritating. Not that it matters at this point.
    Also with the elven ward set u can get over 1k crit from vambraces and greaves. which make it much better option than the pvp set.(suggest you could add that to the guide for starter gear---> blue gear is almost the same just no extra 500 crit from greaves)

Question. is there any benefit in upgrading ur lvl 135 elven ward set to lvl 137? (pretty damm expensive though)
    Is it like the Black ice Set from mod 3 where u can enhance the gear with black ice to get like 10% more stats ?

you might want to fix the weapon master important note . it actually works fine now with 6 stacks combined with OH giving 16%.

ps. Did anyone test out wrathful determination? Might be a good to go dps boost for the stage beyond 100% crit uptime without pots.
    Last time i tried it (actually be4 last patch) this feat was clearly not working at all. At no rank or in no combination with other class features.
    edited May 2015
    Which ion stone are u using right now? Because for your crit calculatioin some pages ago u listed BDIS but in the Guide u show a Radiance one. Quite irritating. Not that it matters at this point.
    Also with the elven ward set u can get over 1k crit from vambraces and greaves. which make it much better option than the pvp set.(suggest you could add that to the guide for starter gear---> blue gear is almost the same just no extra 500 crit from greaves)

Question. is there any benefit in upgrading ur lvl 135 elven ward set to lvl 137? (pretty damm expensive though)
    Is it like the Black ice Set from mod 3 where u can enhance the gear with black ice to get like 10% more stats ?

you might want to fix the weapon master important note . it actually works fine now with 6 stacks combined with OH giving 16%.

ps. Did anyone test out wrathful determination? Might be a good to go dps boost for the stage beyond 100% crit uptime without pots.
    Last time i tried it (actually be4 last patch) this feat was clearly not working at all. At no rank or in no combination with other class features.

Hello, thank you for your post.

Yes, there are some differences in my actual character compared to my character when I wrote the guide and I was expecting until I get my whole Lv 137 before updating it, which btw is funny because I just got my last piece today. Now, I'm able to do another update for the guide with a bit more of information regarding to feats and the fix for that class feature that now is working properly.

There's not really much difference when you update your gear from Lv 135 to Lv 137. I mean you can do it if it is your goal to achieve it but in the end, if you want to play with lv 135 that's more than enough.

Wrathful determination might be a good option after Lostmauth's set bonus is fixed because right now the best thing is 100% crit chance. After the fix, 90%-95% will be more than enough and we could remove WM for WD but that requires some testing first.

I'll be updating the guide ASAP.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Instigator path seems to be focused in AoE DPS, using Mighty Leap + Not So Fast and Wicked Strike. I see an instigator being swordmaster, using WMS to buff Wicked Strike and dealing a ton of damage clearing trash which would be great except that he needs to take damage in order to get his damage buffs and that means suicide in the actual dungeons. Also, the best encounters are IBS+HD+DS and switching one of these for Mightly LEap or Not So Fast is giving up too much for my taste. Instigator should be more about group buffs/support, that would be a very interesting path for a GWF, but that's just my humble opinion about it.
    Yeah, I thought there might be a way of combining Instigator with IV for some crowd control/AOE damage (e.g. Come and Get it into Not So Fast and Wicked Strike, with Battle Fury thrown on the Encounter bar for good measure). Although I guess Not So Fast alone is not going to give enough proc time of Trample the Fallen.
    edited May 2015
    ----Update---

Ok guys, finally I got my last piece of Lv. 137 gear which allowed me to do a few more tests for the build. I've updated a couple of things and I have very nice information for you.

Mighty Blade: Your AoE damage is increased by 12.5%. If you want to know which powers are affected by this feat, just read the tooltip and look for the word: Burst, i.e: Avalanche of Steel, Mighty Leap, Not so Fast. It was great because AoS is one of the most important dailies for the GWF and that extra damage is noticeable specially when you are fully buffed but in the overal damage it doesn't make a lot of difference, so I decided to stop using it. Invest full points in Staying Power and the last 5 points: 1 for Flanking Maneuvers and 4 for Unfettered Strikes. Why this feat? Because the extra speed can help you to avoid red areas much more easily, that's specially useful against hard hitting enemies and yes it does makes a difference.

Weapon Master Strike: This feat is finally working as intended, you can add 4 points now.

Wraitful Determination: This class feature gives you 12.5% more damage in your Power and it is supposed to give you twice the amount when your determination is full. However, after a few tests, I only noticed the increase of 12.5% without the extra bonus with full determination which means that overal dmg boost is much lower than expected. Even after Lostmauth's set bonus gets fixed, I don't see this class feature viable.

On a side note, I've managed to achieve above 100% Crit chance. I don't longer need the extra 5% granted by Vicious Advantage so I had to choose a couple of feats in the Sentinel Tree: Scale Agility (5% Deflection) and Powerful Challenge (15% more damage to marked enemies) but keeping Student of the Sword. This means a total of 20% damage instead of 10% damage. Going for Vicious Advantage and removing 5% crit chance (azures in offensive slots) then adding Power won't give me the same benefit. Remember, this is only after you have reached 100% crit chance, otherwise if you for go these feats skipping Vicious Advantage and losing 5% crit chance you will be doing less DPS overall. This is an advice only for BIS players.

I kindly suggest you read the whole guide again since a few points were modified and some info was added.
    fkze9t.jpg
This discussion has been closed.