test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Our Imaginary Friends are better than yours !

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
I was just notified that we at the "Imaginary friends" used up all our slave laborers, eerr *cough* valued employees and fellow guildies as the moat piranha food, and dragon snacks and bait.

So now we have few fresh ( a bit used ) straw cots open and we need to fill those spots fast! (The dragons getting grumpy, and the SH filthy)

We are looking to fill the following positions:

Influence mine laborer:
One of our premium job openings -
we will provide you all the needed equipment -> 1 Rusty pickaxe and send you to get influence.
Luckily you will have 24/7 observation by one of our veteran overseers, equipped with a cane and a whip to get you up to speed and 120% efficiency.

Stronghold floor sanitary manager:
Due to large influx of horses, snails, spores and other unidentified mules, the SH floors became rather filthy, you can be the person to make it better!
Bonuses for cleaning the moat (the fish don't bite, too often)
A good career plan, with variety of promotions like SH leaf blower and full time moat cleaner.

Wild beasts & spider tamer:
Work with the variety of wildlife in the stronghold, from a bunch of cute spiderlings, to little furry wolf cubs.
Very fulfilling job.
Experience is a must - the last applicant was never found after their first day.

Comic relief:
Special position for halflings - as they don't have much use in the other positions. Except for our contests.

Dwarf Tosser:
You will be in charge of delivering dwarves to the correct destination, if it's over a cliff or a dragon mouth.
Applicants must be half-orcs or big-lizards.
High strength is a mandatory requirements.
Must have understanding of ballistics and aerodynamics.

All of the above positions fits all classes and races unless stated otherwise.
All applicants must be of at least 20 years old of age.

*All employees will have a great health plan including body cremation by our in-house MoF (we should have one of those).
*Separate full dental plan (One of our barbarians will knock those out for you in the first day -> no teeth = no problems)
*One meal per day, and peasant cloths provided.

*The above mandatory service will incur a fee of 200% of your income. Flexible payment options are also provided.

Also all new members will have guild events and lotteries.
The winners will have a variety of great prizes like coordinating and providing SH dragons a dinner (Winners - Please leave your gear behind, last dwarf to win this didn't listen and we had a dragon HAMSTER a dwarf axe over our heads!)

Please send applications to @micky1p00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now after the formal request, some small technical details :)
Who we are?

We are a medium'ish guild (with a very active core) named "The Imaginary friends".
- in game tag is "And the Imaginary friends", and can change depending on the situation,
for example "And the Lazy Imaginary friends" or "And the Imaginary fishing friends".

We are a PvE guild, the PvP aspect is covered by this:
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1297

On average we are 35+ y'olds but rather mentally young. We will accept ~20+ willing to put up with old farts (We will remind you that when we were young the grass was greener and the water wetter !)
And a minimal sense of humor is mandatory or tolerance for one.
Most of the players are playing for a long time, from beta, release and so on.
So we learned a thing or two and can help to gear faster, with builds and so on.

We do not plan to become a large guild, if you are looking for a guild that will get all boons extremely fast and grow to need a sister guild, we are not it.
We want to stay small enough that our completely trust based disorganized system works.
Looking to add few people only, and not to the guild 150 accounts limit.

We are GH20 temple, stable, barracks & Wizards pit. Yes no workshop for them, a pit is enough.
I wont chase you and verify your contribution on a daily basis, but I believe that doing minimum 3 HEs for influence or some other equivalent contribution is only fair to all others who contribute. (Yes, even though we are SH20)

I'm in a firm belief that MMOs are are about the social aspect, so the minimum is to say "hi", this is mandatory, and not everyone know English at the same level, but we try.
Also minimal Role Playing is encouraged - give your character some 'character' ;) It's an RPG, have fun. -- We are by no means an RP guild nor have an intention to be one, there is no "talk in/out character", but it's nice to see some minimal 'flavor' added.

Also the chat is generally clean - no excessive profanities (practically none at all). And as usual any "Hate speech" won't be tolerated.

We are mostly online at EU evening but have some members active during US evenings as well.

Last but perhaps the most important, we login to have fun, and enjoy the game, yes it have plenty of flaws, bugs, unfairness, imbalances and so on.
And discussing them is not a problem, but endlessly complaining, bashing & whining will not be appreciated or tolerated. If I want to hear all that I'll get a job at customer support.

Thank you for reading, and most importantly have fun, see you in-game.

Edit:
To clarify:
1. We are not forcing anyone to talk, but at least saying Hi is mandatory, we are a social guild, if it doesn't sound reasonable, we are not the guild for you.
2. Similarly for dragons / dungeons grouping, the guild is there to play together, as much as I like influence drones, it is not what I'm looking for in new members.
3. Everyone doing amazing work to donate what needed and upgrade the SH. - I will not chase, check daily, and measure contributions etc.. But totally freeloading on that hard work is extremely rude... especially when the 3 HEs for influence are easily done and there are usually people that can help with those.

Additional Edit:

1. We don't have leveling people, so if you are bellow level 70, we will just laught and point at your suffering (jk, but while anyone can help here and there, there aren't people who constatnly doing low level content)
2. If you message on the forums or post on the thread to join, please write your in-game @handle and usual time & timezone. Otherwise it's really hard to find you in-game. Also, actually answering when I PM is really recommended. ;)

Post edited by micky1p00 on

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Due to inquiries from halfling, here are some examples of a halfling at work:

Annnd: Even In another universe we are mentioned

Here is a typical guild officer in their natural habitat:

Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Great people, I run with at least 3 of them per day and its always minimum stress and a lot of fun :) If you are even vaguely considering their offer I would recommend taking it.

Also, a question janne...what jobs are offered to tieflings??? You haven't covered that aspect adequately :p
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User

Also, a question janne...what jobs are offered to tieflings??? You haven't covered that aspect adequately

Tieflings are allowed to apply for any of the jobs we currently have available.

However, due to the particular nature of tieflings, any of them that are caught cavorting and/or plotting with the devils in and around the stronghold will be severly punished. They will have their horns filed down in shame before being drawn and quartered by the snail mounts within the guild. The pieces will then be used as bait to lure the dragons down from the air during our regular dragon horn hunts.

That being said, tieflings that are loyal to the guild can rise to high levels and have proven themselves to be quite an effective tax base.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'll also vouch for this guild. I've probably run with all of its members, and I talk to some of them pretty much daily. I've almost joined them a few times as well :p

This guild is definitely full of great people, you'll have a ton of fun with these guys. They're also all top players at their main class, so they'll definitely be able to give you lots of guidance.

However, I should warn you, tax rates are extremely high. There is a fair chance you will no longer own your own liver within a week of joining. Kidneys rarely last more than a day.

Also if I were to theoretically join you guys, would @jaegernl be available for eDemo more often? I could use his OP. He always says no D:​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    ^^I highly support this notion. I'm always expected to mop up my snail slime when I get the time to log on and bounce around the stronghold, it will be nice to have an official floor cleaner again. Neverwinter fools (uh, lucky people)- come join our ritual dance of hand waving in the chat! \o/ \o/ \o/
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    farla47 wrote: »
    ^^I highly support this notion. I'm always expected to mop up my snail slime when I get the time to log on and bounce around the stronghold, it will be nice to have an official floor cleaner again. Neverwinter fools (uh, lucky people)- come join our ritual dance of hand waving in the chat! \o/ \o/ \o/

Wow, an @farla47 sighting has been made! This is a rare occurrence indeed! It must be a sign!

p.s. o/ o/ o/​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    Welcome to the new people who joined us. Some were already fed to Orcus to get us new shiny insignia and rings.
    Like others, with the awaited cost reductions in mod 9 we too resumed building, GH8 and all that comes with it.

And speaking of Orcus, he is just a poor misunderstood demon that was cough way to early in the morning, we found his image after his morning coffee:

Guildies in their natural habitat:

• thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    I love it here. Thanks for having me Mistress.

Side note: Shall I have the grape peeler twins ready for your afternoon siesta? I've finally gotten them to sync with your shirtless fanners.
  • meshmerah#9734 meshmerah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do I apply?
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    @micky1p00 is the guild leader send a mail to him

i will tell of your request as soon i see @micky1p00 on line
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I love it in the guild. It is just the right blend of zany shenanigans sprinkled with a bit of rp, all on a base of rock-solid Neverwinter knowledge, minus any laborious oversight or dictatorial administrators who want to police the very minutia of your gaming life, and completely without duplicity. The people in the guild really are as you perceive them here: long time Neverwinter players who want to have FUN!
    Post edited by checkmatein3 on
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Looking forward to the many, many good times ahead!

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Best Imaginary Friends that a stinky orc could ever hope for. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Does your mine give boons like +10-80% Digging Speed? Would be a dwarf's dream.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80

Does your mine give boons like +10-80% Digging Speed? Would be a dwarf's dream.

Yup, we have magical sound amplifiers that play this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

24/7 In the mines. It makes the dwarves 200% more productive.
    edited June 2016
    We always try to accommodate the will of the people.
    Everyone have equal voice, everyone get to vote.

And someone get to decide.. ;p
    Yep, sounds like you!
    Janne is a slave driver, literally. She likes to ride her sled and chain us up with /follow, forcing us to ride into mobs and watched us get hurt.
    Please, we need more people to take the burden. I can't do it much longer.
    Members who will fail to acquire the best weapon in the game:

Will be publicly drenched by other members & sent to the gulag to contemplate their lack of fun.
    edited August 2016
    Huge thanks to all our members, we have started GH15. As a small guild this is an amazing accomplishment.

And yes, it's me up there B)B):p;)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Wooo, congrats!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • imyevee#3399 imyevee Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    After reading your description I just know this is the place for me. I am new to the Pc but have been playing Nw on the Xbox for over a year and a half. I am currently the leader of a Gh 15 on the Xbox. I know what it takes to grow. Just like you said I don't feel like I should have to chase members down to contribute. I can help out as much as I'm able. I am looking for a drama free, active guild that wants to have fun. I am currently only level 26 but I did that in just a couple hours. I'd like to be considered for a spot in your guild. My name is kenzie@imyevee
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Huge thanks to all our members, we have started GH15. As a small guild this is an amazing accomplishment.

And yes, it's me up there B)B):p;)

woohoo \o/
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yesterday, upon the stair,
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today,
    I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three,
    The man was waiting there for me
    But when I looked around the hall,
    I couldn't see him there at all!
    Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
    Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

Last night I saw upon the stair,
    A little man who wasn't there,
    He wasn't there again today
    Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

Is he one of my Imaginary Friends?
    Or has all the influence grinding sent me over the edge?​​
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Imaginary Warlocks will find the best location to conjure Influence and Heroic Shards is at the Devil's Hideaway.
    http://imgur.com/j3PmkyY
    kiteares said:

Yesterday, upon the stair,

I met a man who wasn't there.

He wasn't there again today,

I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three,

The man was waiting there for me

But when I looked around the hall,

I couldn't see him there at all!

Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!

Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

Last night I saw upon the stair,

A little man who wasn't there,

He wasn't there again today

Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

Is he one of my Imaginary Friends?

Or has all the influence grinding sent me over the edge?​​

That's what happens when you steal other people's HE when they are on the way to them!

*conveniently ignores the times I stole yours*
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is generally advisable to stake out a spot 2 hours early at the desired HE* and come prepared for inclement weather, and snacks.

*Please allow 30 additional minutes for Devils.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited November 2016
    GH17 done.

Last boon structure here we come! Or more like:

Or even more accurate:

• brujaja#4437 brujaja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I am ready to dedicate my life to The Imaginary Friends. Where to slice my palm and let the blood trickle onto the paper?

In game I am Lectric Boogaloo, DC, mighty level 22.
  • xheartzx31xheartzx31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Returning player, been 2 years almost since I last played (back when Vallindra was the biggest baddie) level 70 soon.
    Y'all look like fun. Much interested. Wow.