test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Neverwinter? Check this out!

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Speculation is high that the next class most likely will be druid. Devs have hinted that info on the next module, and new class, might be available some time in January.

The hint was that it would be announced in January. Which means it'll likely go to preview at some point there following for at least a month if past history is any indication.
  • soarebarossoarebaros Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello guys , i`ve installed this game today and its pretty fun , but can you help me out with two things ? First of all , do i really need to start the game in safe mode every god **** time ? Because aparently , changing the resolution makes it get stuck on the loading screen , any solution for this ? And the second thing , 10mins ago i`ve tried PvP for the first time and it looked good , but after playing one or two mins my mouse coursor appears (the white arrow , the windows one i mean) and im stuck , i cant press on anything and i have to ctrl+alt+del and end the process so i can quit the game and restart it in safe mode , so ye thats annoying. Anyone else experiencing the 2nd thing and any solution for it ? Thanks
    edited December 2014
    soarebaros wrote: »
    Hello guys , i`ve installed this game today and its pretty fun , but can you help me out with two things ? First of all , do i really need to start the game in safe mode every god **** time ? Because aparently , changing the resolution makes it get stuck on the loading screen , any solution for this ? And the second thing , 10mins ago i`ve tried PvP for the first time and it looked good , but after playing one or two mins my mouse coursor appears (the white arrow , the windows one i mean) and im stuck , i cant press on anything and i have to ctrl+alt+del and end the process so i can quit the game and restart it in safe mode , so ye thats annoying. Anyone else experiencing the 2nd thing and any solution for it ? Thanks

Right , i just got the cursor thing again while doing some quests and had to force close the game ...help , anyone ?
  • fhurrfhurr Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Titles, do they add different stats or is it only for show?
    lolcrabs 4x Assassin
    edited December 2014
    Set the game to windowed maximized rather than full screen. Looks the same but doesn't have that issue.
    edited December 2014
    fhurr wrote: »
    Titles, do they add different stats or is it only for show?

for show only
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Set the game to windowed maximized rather than full screen. Looks the same but doesn't have that issue.

Thanks , but aparently pressing shift + tab will make the arrow appear and pressing that combo again will make it go away , no need to force close the program. Again , if anyone else has this problem , just press shift + tab.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Thanks , but aparently pressing shift + tab will make the arrow appear and pressing that combo again will make it go away , no need to force close the program. Again , if anyone else has this problem , just press shift + tab.
    Sounds like you may be using ARC or Steam or some other Overlay Program (Origin/etc.), as Shift+Tab is commonly used to call up an overlay. Try closing out whatever overlay program you may have going, whether it is ARC, Steam, Overwolf, Origin, or whatever and then open up Windows Explorer and find "Neverwinter.exe" (it's where you installed Neverwinter to) and make a shortcut to that. Then launch the game with that shortcut instead of loading your overlay program. At this time, you do not need to run ARC or Steam to launch Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, or Champions Online.

If this fixes it and you want or need to keep using whatever overlay program you have, I'd suggest to go into whatever overlay program you're using and remap the Display Overlay to something else. If you're not sure which program it is, the most common/relative ones are Steam, Origin, Teamspeak's Overwolf, PWE's ARC, and Ubisoft's Uplay. There's others and some Voice Chat Softwares also have overlays.

To stop Safe Mode from launching, when on the Launcher before loading the game, click Options on the top right. In that new window, uncheck Safe Mode and then scroll down and click Save.
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Sounds like you may be using ARC or Steam or some other Overlay Program (Origin/etc.), as Shift+Tab is commonly used to call up an overlay. Try closing out whatever overlay program you may have going, whether it is ARC, Steam, Overwolf, Origin, or whatever and then open up Windows Explorer and find "Neverwinter.exe" (it's where you installed Neverwinter to) and make a shortcut to that. Then launch the game with that shortcut instead of loading your overlay program. At this time, you do not need to run ARC or Steam to launch Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, or Champions Online.

If this fixes it and you want or need to keep using whatever overlay program you have, I'd suggest to go into whatever overlay program you're using and remap the Display Overlay to something else. If you're not sure which program it is, the most common/relative ones are Steam, Origin, Teamspeak's Overwolf, PWE's ARC, and Ubisoft's Uplay. There's others and some Voice Chat Softwares also have overlays.

To stop Safe Mode from launching, when on the Launcher before loading the game, click Options on the top right. In that new window, uncheck Safe Mode and then scroll down and click Save.
    Oh i see , i tought Arc was a must have so you can play the game , didnt knew its not necesary. And about the safe mode , my problem is that i have to start the game in safe mode (im putting it in safe mode) because if i start it normaly , it gets stuck on the loading screen and i am assuming its because im changing the resoultion , but meh i can bare with this , i`ll make a habbit of putting it on safe mode before launching. Now i`ll get rid of Arc and start enjoying this game ;D thanks for help , much love <3
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Oh i see , i tought Arc was a must have so you can play the game , didnt knew its not necesary. And about the safe mode , my problem is that i have to start the game in safe mode (im putting it in safe mode) because if i start it normaly , it gets stuck on the loading screen and i am assuming its because im changing the resoultion , but meh i can bare with this , i`ll make a habbit of putting it on safe mode before launching. Now i`ll get rid of Arc and start enjoying this game ;D thanks for help , much love <3
    Most welcome. You should still keep ARC installed, that is up to you. For ARC is still needed to redeem any promotional codes for most all of PWE's game lineup and in itself, it is rather tiny. At this time, you just don't need to run it in order to play Neverwinter, Champions, or Star Trek.
  • metalhead4x4metalhead4x4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I keep seeing people out of combat spinning their weapons and slashing at stuff how are they doing that? When i am not in combat I can't toggle in and out of it unless I'm missing something? Is it only certain classes that can do that?
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All well and good, except I've noticed one little "bug"... If a person purchases a companion, or purchases a pack with a companion or just happens to acquire a companion by any other means before level 16, there is a real chance that upon reaching level 16 and being given the quest to get a companion, you won't get one.

A word of advice, if you have a companion prior to reaching level 16 dismiss them prior to starting the "Care and Feeding" quest where you are supposed to go get a companion or you may leave empty handed - I did.
    DD~
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I keep seeing people out of combat spinning their weapons and slashing at stuff how are they doing that? When i am not in combat I can't toggle in and out of it unless I'm missing something? Is it only certain classes that can do that?

Attacks which do not require a target to attack, such as many melee class powers, may be activated anywhere.
    dionchi wrote: »
    All well and good, except I've noticed one little "bug"... If a person purchases a companion, or purchases a pack with a companion or just happens to acquire a companion by any other means before level 16, there is a real chance that upon reaching level 16 and being given the quest to get a companion, you won't get one.

Bugs are best reported through the in game ticket system or in the Bug Reports Section. However as somebody who has over ten characters with companions starting at level four I have never encountered the issue you are describing. Have you tried going to the Grand Emporium and simply talking to the workers in there?
  • masterjet1masterjet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ferkemer wrote: »
    Hi, akromatic. Sorry to bother you with this matter but is the first time that I enter the forum and of course, cannot open a particular discusion.

I don't really know if someone played with my account and need to know if my warrior has been killed. Is there a way to know this? If it has been killed and... how many times?

Again, sorry to bother and thanks for your help.

i am no pro so i dont know if its possible to find out if your account is being tampered with but i do know that if you change the password you will be logged out from computers that you already set as trusted so noone will be able to use those computers to just sign into your account. try doing so to stop any further tampering and check ur emails to see how many devices are has registered as trusted (they send a email each time u set a new one) that should show how likely it is i think. hope that helped.
    #*# Why do i have two blades? #*#
    ^^ Its just awesome^^
    :cool::cool:
  • masterjet1masterjet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i forgot to take the quote before clicking but someone said they are not sure if this forum is for "n**b" i think u are too focused on others just read through and ask your questions . the people that answer have been helpful to me in the past that is why i try to help too. i suspect most of the ppl that visit this forum are willing to help new players like yourself
    #*# Why do i have two blades? #*#
    ^^ Its just awesome^^
    :cool::cool:
  • starboijuhelstarboijuhel Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015
    can someone tell me how to reply to another's post directly
    edited January 2015
    can someone tell me how to reply to another's post directly
    In short, press the "Reply with quote" on the bottom right of the post. For more indepth explanations, please see the following thread: Sticky: [Forum Information] Forum Guide & More.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • elvenangerelvenanger Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hope this is a good place to say this, forgve me if it's not.

*ahem* Can I just say that the combat in this game is some of the most fun I've had in an MMO in years? I'm serious it's just so much fun to mash monsters in Neverwinter! Spells look cool, casters look amazing casting, weapon techniques look epic, and it just blends together so well. No more will I have to have 8 bars with 15 skills and half of them I don't use....now all I need is six buttons to have some MMO fun!

:cool:
  • oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't know where else to say this, so will do it here. I do NOT understand the professions part of the game at all. What am I trying to do? and why? and how do I do it? Is there a tutorial that I missed, or what?
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't know where else to say this, so will do it here. I do NOT understand the professions part of the game at all. What am I trying to do? and why? and how do I do it? Is there a tutorial that I missed, or what?

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profession
  • noaghinoaghi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey, guys, I've started this game a couple of days ago and the choices of what to do with my power points is annoying me, specially after i've discovered that for respec, u must buy zens. After some researches, I've found out that at max lvl u get a free respec, is it true?
  • gingahkiingingahkiin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey i just joined on the pc and im looking for people to play this game with i have a lvl 60 hunter on xbox so i know alot about the game just wanted to try pc out feel free to add me on arc
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    noaghi wrote: »
    Hey, guys, I've started this game a couple of days ago and the choices of what to do with my power points is annoying me, specially after i've discovered that for respec, u must buy zens. After some researches, I've found out that at max lvl u get a free respec, is it true?
    No. You may only receive a free respec during large class changes such as during new mods and sometimes you may receive some as loot rewards such as from the Winter festival.
    gingahkiin wrote: »
    Hey i just joined on the pc and im looking for people to play this game with i have a lvl 60 hunter on xbox so i know alot about the game just wanted to try pc out feel free to add me on arc
    If you are looking for friends and people to play with that don't exploit, i'm always a big (albeit biased) advocate for recommending the NW_Legit_Community which now boasts over 6,225 members with about 450 members on at any one time.
  • noaghinoaghi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    damnacious wrote: »
    No. You may only receive a free respec during large class changes such as during new mods and sometimes you may receive some as loot rewards such as from the Winter festival.

If you are looking for friends and people to play with that don't exploit, i'm always a big (albeit biased) advocate for recommending the NW_Legit_Community which now boasts over 6,225 members with about 450 members on at any one time.

cheer, damnacious! Thanks a lot :cool:
  • leafayeleafaye Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi All!

PLEASE excuse me if I seem off-topic with this here but I've been reading this forum for months yet I'm unable to open a new thread for my latest issue! All my hails to fix this have been in vain!

Can an accidentally deleted 1st companion be recovered?

I just made level 17 (somehow!) and just trekked over to the Emporium Hall quest to fetch my 1st companion -- and clumsily deleted my fresh Man at Arms from the inventory window! :(

Is there anyway to get him back since he's my very 1st intro companion? I can't access the PerfectWorld forum on this because it always seems to be closed!

Neverwinter is only my 3rd MMO behind Royal Quest and Eldevin and I'm still trying to break level 25 with them!

Would so appreciate any help!

Take Well & Care!
    Leafa
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Buy a new one. 'S not like they cost that much.
  • husarahusara Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello everyone!
    Been playing Neverwinter for about 2 weeks now, really enjoying the game. I'm a bit confused though about party quests. Like Mad Dragon, it says I need to be in a party so I've tried that a couple of times. But we can't find the instance anywhere? I thought it would be under 'k' key, but it's not there. Can someone please help me? Thank you!
    Best regards,
    Husara
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Devs locked the doors and threw away the keys on most of the dungeons and left the quests there just to bother those of us with OCD that are trying to level characters. You can't do them because, quite simply, the devs haven't re-implemented them after closing them. And there is no eta on their reintroduction. We're all just a bunch of mushrooms when it comes to information about this.
  • husarahusara Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah, thanks for the info mistressphoenix. :)
    Oh and Another question, is there a bank of some sort in Neverwinter, or do I have to get more bags somehow?
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    husara wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for the info mistressphoenix. :)
    Oh and Another question, is there a bank of some sort in Neverwinter, or do I have to get more bags somehow?

You might want to open your ingame map and read the legend.