New to Neverwinter? Check this out!

Comments

• squidman77squidman77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    how do I make a fourm I need help
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I am sorry to highjack this thread, however I cannot start new threads, even though I have been activated for months in the game, and longer than that in the forums.

I haven't been able to play the game since I first logged in. I am disabled, and cannot play with a keyboard and mouse. Has Neverwinter gotten to point it will support controllers yet?

I love playing STO, and can do so because it will let me use a controller. However, the problem is that all of the secondary programs I used that will allow controller usage mess up my Win 8.1 on my desktop. I have used multiple ones, and they all goof up things.

If Neverwinter is not to this point yet, are there any plans of doing the update so that controller usage is supported by the game itself?

Again, sorry for needing to highjack a thread for this.

Tim.

Look for something called "xpadder" online - it allows you to map keyboard & mouse functions onto a joystick/gamepad: http://xpadder.com/
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, I plugged away and got a character to 60. Yay!

But, am I understanding the next step correctly? Now I seem to have to spend a lot of time grinding a number of different currencies (AD, gold, and campaign-specific currencies) to buy my way to a gear score sufficient to get into the current end-game zone. And, once there, am I right that the activity will be...grinding out dailies to earn currency to replace the gear I just paid for? And, next month there will be a new zone....

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong about this impression because its taking the "Yay" out of the whole idea of getting more characters to 60.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014

But, am I understanding the next step correctly? Now I seem to have to spend a lot of time grinding a number of different currencies (AD, gold, and campaign-specific currencies) to buy my way to a gear score sufficient to get into the current end-game zone. And, once there, am I right that the activity will be...grinding out dailies to earn currency to replace the gear I just paid for? And, next month there will be a new zone....

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong about this impression because its taking the "Yay" out of the whole idea of getting more characters to 60.
    If you've invoked every time you logged in, you should have enough AD to buy blue gear that will get you to a gearscore of about 10k (each lvl 60 blue on the auction house sells for around 100AD).
    That's good enough to let you run the two campaigns and all the tier1 dungeons. Good luck.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014

You are actually skipping several steps. If your only goal is a rapid race to Icewind dale, you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. It is, the very definition of end game for Neverwinter.

Its not a race, take your time. Run some of the epic dungeons to get your gear. Run the other level 60 campaigns. You have to do at least one, part way to even qualify. Might as well try both and play the zones, rather then a forced grind. Develop your character at a natural pace and at the end of all that, you'll be ready for IWD.

If you just rush for the end, you are honestly going to find it lacking. Its really a place for people who have run out of content, not for people who want to just fast forward to it.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The only campaign that in and of itself has special "necessary" gear is Icewind Dale, and even then, it's just to get into the Kessel's Retreat skirmish, (you need at least 20% black ice resistance, which comes from said gear - you can get that from just 2 pieces of fully-empowered armor).

Dread Ring has some really cool looking blue and purple gear that you can get from the various lairs, (Dread Spire, Death Forge, and Phantasmal Fortress), but their stats are basically equivalent to tier 1 pieces, (with no set bonuses). If grinding dungeons or outright buying gear isn't an option for you, then these purple pieces are a great alternative. You can get similar pieces from the Feywild lairs, but I find those pieces to not be as good.

On top of wanting to gear up in the above 2 campaigns, I'd recommend running some epic dungeons - either for gear itself, or at least for unicorn/drake tokens to buy gear with as well.

As to your last point - yes, the campaigns basically consist of a series of daily and weekly quests you run, in order to progress through them. The various currencies associated with each campaign are a bit annoying, but for the most part you can just ignore them - run your dailies and you'll get what you need to progress.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The only campaign that in and of itself has special "necessary" gear is Icewind Dale, and even then, it's just to get into the Kessel's Retreat skirmish, (you need at least 20% black ice resistance, which comes from said gear - you can get that from just 2 pieces of fully-empowered armor).

Dread Ring has some really cool looking blue and purple gear that you can get from the various lairs, (Dread Spire, Death Forge, and Phantasmal Fortress), but their stats are basically equivalent to tier 1 pieces, (with no set bonuses). If grinding dungeons or outright buying gear isn't an option for you, then these purple pieces are a great alternative. You can get similar pieces from the Feywild lairs, but I find those pieces to not be as good.

On top of wanting to gear up in the above 2 campaigns, I'd recommend running some epic dungeons - either for gear itself, or at least for unicorn/drake tokens to buy gear with as well.

As to your last point - yes, the campaigns basically consist of a series of daily and weekly quests you run, in order to progress through them. The various currencies associated with each campaign are a bit annoying, but for the most part you can just ignore them - run your dailies and you'll get what you need to progress.

Okay, that's a relief. The way the quests run on hitting 60, I got sent to somebody who said I needed a gear score of 10000. Then, I get sent to the two campaign areas where they quickly sent me to look at their special vendors who had lots of pretty gear with prices I could not believe. Literally, I thought these must be different prices for different currencies (which I thought was a neat idea since I have only enough gold or AD to buy maybe a single piece). As I'm effectively bankrupt despite praying for AD every time I can, it is quite reassuring to learn that just continuing to play away might also be a way to progress. It certainly seemed like the whole nature of the game had suddenly shifted.

Whew!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, that's a relief. The way the quests run on hitting 60, I got sent to somebody who said I needed a gear score of 10000. Then, I get sent to the two campaign areas where they quickly sent me to look at their special vendors who had lots of pretty gear with prices I could not believe. Literally, I thought these must be different prices for different currencies (which I thought was a neat idea since I have only enough gold or AD to buy maybe a single piece). As I'm effectively bankrupt despite praying for AD every time I can, it is quite reassuring to learn that just continuing to play away might also be a way to progress. It certainly seemed like the whole nature of the game had suddenly shifted.

Whew!

You are going to need ad. If you are only praying for ad you aren't going to get very far. You need to start doing dailies from Rhix in protector's enclave. There is also a thread about making ad here on the forums that I highly recommend.
  • wolfram6wolfram6 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi, this is going to sound really stupid but here goes anyway. I want to play Neverwinter online, and I installed ARC, but when I go to the 'Gateway' it won't let me into the game. It says 'No character selected, please login to Neverwinter to create character'. But I already am logged in! I don't know how to get to the character creation screen. Do I have to buy the basic game, and if so, from where? If I go back to the Neverwinter site on ARC it just has loads of news and mods info, no actual 'launch game' button. I told you it was stupid but I just want to play the game, please help!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wolfram6 wrote: »
    Hi, this is going to sound really stupid but here goes anyway. I want to play Neverwinter online, and I installed ARC, but when I go to the 'Gateway' it won't let me into the game. It says 'No character selected, please login to Neverwinter to create character'. But I already am logged in! I don't know how to get to the character creation screen. Do I have to buy the basic game, and if so, from where? If I go back to the Neverwinter site on ARC it just has loads of news and mods info, no actual 'launch game' button. I told you it was stupid but I just want to play the game, please help!

The gateway isnt the game, its a subgame of the game. You actually need to log into the game itself and make a character for the gateway to be useful.

Once you open Arc, make sure you are in the Library tab. You should see all the games you have installed on the left side. If Neverwinter isnt on that list. You will need to download it, its a sizable game, it will take a few hours. Once downloaded you should see a large green "Play" button. Clicking that will load the launcher and start the game.
  • oliegariusoliegarius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Character was deleted.It was level 49.I magician my name was Oliegarius. I had not played neverwinter like 4 months ago. Now i want to play it but my character was deleted. Please help me.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    oliegarius wrote: »
    My Character was deleted.It was level 49.I magician my name was Oliegarius. I had not played neverwinter like 4 months ago. Now i want to play it but my character was deleted. Please help me.
    . . . Make sure you're logging into the correct account. If you are sure you are logging into the correct account, please contact Support. There is nothing we can do from the forums for in-Game or Account Support.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • oliegariusoliegarius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have tried everything it does not works. :/
    edited July 2014
    Many thanks sockmunkey:)
    edited July 2014
    I've downloaded the game and put a shortcut - neverwinter.exe - on my desktop. It took 5 hours to download but that's ok. Then I hit the launch button and it started patching, over 5000mbs which also took 5 hours, but that's ok too after a first install. Then I created my character and logged out.
    The thing is, when I next logged in it started to patch all over again, another 5 hours of waiting. Obviously, I don't want this to happen every time I login. I would appreciate any help on this frustrating problem.
    edited July 2014
    I've downloaded the game and put a shortcut - neverwinter.exe - on my desktop. It took 5 hours to download but that's ok. Then I hit the launch button and it started patching, over 5000mbs which also took 5 hours, but that's ok too after a first install. Then I created my character and logged out.
    The thing is, when I next logged in it started to patch all over again, another 5 hours of waiting. Obviously, I don't want this to happen every time I login. I would appreciate any help on this frustrating problem.
  • arexedosianarexedosian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I purchased the Hunter Ranger pack, and I'm now Level 5, but I don't see it at the Rewards Claim Agent. Am I missing something?
  • tortuegenial1tortuegenial1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I purchased the Hunter Ranger pack, and I'm now Level 5, but I don't see it at the Rewards Claim Agent. Am I missing something?
    bonjour
    voila j'ai rencontré un soucis vendredi a 03h38 en pleine aventure je recois le message suivant:
    vous avez etait deco de force
    je tente alors de me reco et surprise on me dit ce compte a été banni
    je me demande encore ce que j'ai bien pu faire pour recevoir ce ban etat donné que j'ai aucune nouvelle depuis
    cela est-il arrivé a quelqu'u et ai-je une chance de rejouer un jour sur mon compte principal
  • tortuegenial1tortuegenial1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    bonjour
    voila j'ai rencontré un soucis vendredi a 03h38 en pleine aventure je recois le message suivant:
    vous avez etait deco de force
    je tente alors de me reco et surprise on me dit ce compte a été banni
    je me demande encore ce que j'ai bien pu faire pour recevoir ce ban etat donné que j'ai aucune nouvelle depuis
    cela est-il arrivé a quelqu'u et ai-je une chance de rejouer un jour sur mon compte principal
  • ikickcatssikickcatss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hi I'm pretty new to the game and to MMOs in general (kinda) what is the easiest class with average to high damage.I'm looking at a wood elf sense it uses bows and arrows I won't really be playing alone as I'll be playing with a friend.
  • rebelredneck62rebelredneck62 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fatal Error: direct3D driver returned code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query

Technical Details : Sync query 13 0x2c2700 GetData ==0x887 a005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887 a0006

this is the error im getting after yall did maintenance why now i getting it when game ran fine before the maint.
    once again your techs has caused issues with our pc system cause the maint .
  • jackharnettjackharnett Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    sgtskum wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but found the answer in another thread. Got my first time buyers pack and my new dog Daisy. :cool:

what is the answer?
  • eurhetemec1eurhetemec1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm new to Neverwinter, and enjoying it quite a lot, was thinking about buying some Zen, but there are two things I've been told which are rather concerning and I don't want to spend anything until I know one way or the other:

1) I'm told that there's absolutely no sidekicking/mentoring/down-level system at all? Is this really true? In a Cryptic game? If so, this is a real interest-killer. I like to play with friends/family, but they'll typically be all over the place level-wise, whereas I like to level up my PCs.

2) Is it really true that there's absolutely no way to get bags in-game except the starting backpack and two other bags? No crafting, no nothing? Surely there's some way? People tell me you have to spend Zen just to get bags, which seems unlikely.

(I've looked on the internet, but all the info seems really old and somewhat contradictory)
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    There is no mentoring. In order to play together you will need to stay close to each other level wise.

Bags can be acquired through the Zen-Market only, with the exception of the two bags given as rewards at the end of certain quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gzmichaelgzmichael Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I can't sell Zen in the Exchange, it says: Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the Exchange.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    gzmichael wrote: »
    I can't sell Zen in the Exchange, it says: Due to recent purchase activity, your account is temporarily unable to sell Zen on the Exchange.
    You'll need to contact Support. There's nothing we can do through the forums for Account & Billing Issues, which this falls under.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys, I've only been playing about 3 weeks. I'm at level 60 but I have a newby question: I have 2 artifacts and both have help ability in battle, but my question is, do they work automatically or is there a quick-key to use them like powers?
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    You should have slot in your UI, just before the belt slots, where one of the artefacts can go with a quick key assigned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, it was hidden by the scroll in the middle:)
  • xxxxjayxxxxxxxxjayxxxx Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kind of a wierd question and probably not the right place for it but, arc doesnt let me download anything so is there another way to dl neverwinter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]