test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Neverwinter? Check this out!

Comments

• edenprim3edenprim3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    kind of a wierd question and probably not the right place for it but, arc doesnt let me download anything so is there another way to dl neverwinter?

I also had problems and used Steam to download the game
  • dinolordgrimlockdinolordgrimlock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello,
    My first question: Can i play neverwinter without using the patch? Because its taking so long for downloading it.If yes how?
    Second question: On clicking "Visit Gateway" tab and after logging in in neverwinter log browser window, it's "saying request for list of characters has timed out".Why is it so?Is it because i havent patched the game yet? What's the solution?:confused:
  • travelingbard1travelingbard1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't see a lore section in this forum and I don't have permissions to post a new post....so I guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

How exactly did Valindra's invasion attempt on Neverwinter get repelled? Surely it wasn't your doing, lol I mean you were able to kill her minor minions and a bulky minor minion...she could one shot private wilfred and probably most of the populace of Neverwinter. I'm not seeing Sergeant Knox with his big ax scaring her away....so what happened? Was she just messing around? Proving a point that she could attack and overrun Neverwinter with a dracolich and several hundred undead? Or was this her big push and someone managed to send her running with her tail between her legs? Was it Neverember? Or the crew from the trailer? If so, who are they? Only ones we've seen so far are Sergeant Knox and a brief introduction to the wizard who was checking out the fallen dracolich in the tutorial.

I'm new to this lore and my main is only in the low 30s in-game. Just wanting to clear some of that up for me because I can't find where that was ever explained haha thanks in advance!
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    You helped in a small way during the tutorial. The "wizard" you saw was a Scourge Warlock named Makos, you will meet him again. The main force that repelled the invasion was Lord Neverember and the Neverwinter Guard (who are actually mercenaries hired by Neverember). He was aided by SGT Knox (a great weapons fighter), Celeste (a divine cleric), the aforementioned Makos, and a trickster rogue whose name escapes me at the moment.

The hulk you killed was supposed to break down the Dragon Bridge gate. It was through this breach that Valindra's forces were supposed to storm the city. Appearently the other forces decimated her army enough that they would not be able to breach the city walls elsewhere. This lead Valindra to decide to withdraw for the day.

For more lore about the city of Neverwinter and the Forgotten Realms you can visit the Neverwinter wiki or the Forgotten Realms wiki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thissario88thissario88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New guy here. to arc and neverwinter. looks nice
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    New guy here. to arc and neverwinter. looks nice
    Welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
  • tsariotsario Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello.
    I have question about "zen" companion. I bought companion and binded it to my char. Can I unbind companion if I want to delete my char? Or companion will be deleted too?
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A few replies =

Patching - turn off the "on demand" patching to speed up things in game. This will download everything at once in the player. NO, you cannot turn off patching completely. Patches are important to add new content, events, fixes, and other things.

Lore - There's lore posted in blogs, and lore to read in the Moonstone Mask section too (of sorts anyhow). You can also use the novels written about AD&D, and the standard AD&D books like the Monstrous Manual. Many are downloadable in .pdf format so you don't have to have physical books lurking about.

Bound items - you cannot unbind.

BoE - Bind on Equip
    BoP - Bind on Pickup

Two kinds of binding -

BoC- Bound on Character ( only THAT character can use it. delete the character and the item is deleted)
    BoA - Bound on Account (the item can be claimed by any character on your account, and you can use the mail system or shared bank slots to swap it between characters)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • pogn1978pogn1978 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Question for a returning player. I don't quite understand the boon system. It's for completing all the quests for Shandralar, or something?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pogn1978 wrote: »
    Question for a returning player. I don't quite understand the boon system. It's for completing all the quests for Shandralar, or something?

Think of Boons as a way of increasing your character's stats/abilities which isn't tied to gear, but to progression through a campaign. If you click the little flag con on the top menu (when you press ALT), you'll see the various campaigns, and can see what boons are available and what it takes to earn them.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mizjesicamizjesica Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey everyone! Im new to Nw & to mmporg all together!! Looking forward to my stupid questions? Bet you are!! lol
  • deadbishopdeadbishop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *deleted post*
  • zac1988zac1988 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dno what am doing here i am new i am downloading the game atm but on the progress bar all it keep saying it patching and thats it been saying that for past hour so how can i play this game if it wont download
  • mlsymptommlsymptom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi, Im new to Neverwinter, but not to D&D. Ive been a long time player and fan. Hope to see you all in game.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    mlsymptom wrote: »
    Hi, Im new to Neverwinter, but not to D&D. Ive been a long time player and fan. Hope to see you all in game.
    Well met and welcome to The Realms!
  • satellitemind103satellitemind103 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really looking forward to this coming to the Xbox One next year
    edited November 2014
    Really looking forward to this coming to the Xbox One next year
    That will really be cool. Just keep in mind, if past history holds true, it'll be its own server(s) on the XBOX Live Network (Microsoft's stipulations for online games, not PWE's). I'd like to see them open up character transfers for those wishing to go to the XBOX One server(s), but not until after some time has passed to allow new players there get a foothold.

I also wish that they (Microsoft and/or PWE) will make it able able to be playable on the 360.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    have they ever thought of doing a Snow Leopard for the Mount Merchant to where we could trade in are Leopard for the Snow version ?
  • slinger124slinger124 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can Someone Please help me get or give me an Rare Companion? Thanks in advance if you can.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    slinger124 wrote: »
    Can Someone Please help me get or give me an Rare Companion? Thanks in advance if you can.

If by "rare", you mean blue-quality companions, then you can get one by spending Zen, by searching the auction house, (using the appropriate quality drop-down at the top), or by spending 200 Drake Seals at the Drake Seal vendor in the Seven Suns Coster Market.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Shameless plug here...

If you're new to Neverwinter and have questions, would like help, seeking friendly players to party with and would like to enjoy playing the game as it is intended without exploiting, please consider joining the open chat channel NW_Legit_Community.

I've been a member now for a very long time and, before I started, I used to find it difficult to get into parties for both PVE and PVP.

Ever since I joined the channel however, I've made so very many really nice friends, partied often with friends and random players who will work with you regardless of your level of expertise and gear and gained so much relevant and important game related information.

Within a week of using the channel I realised I no longer had a need for /LFG, /Zone and /Trade chat channels, turned them off and never looked back!

I highly recommend NW_Legit_Community to anyone and everyone who would like to party with other people that prefer to play the game as it is intended.

For more information on how to join the channel and to read the Channel's Rules, please head to this post.
  • gokuakashgokuakash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    im really new to this game..so can u plz give me the neverwinter manual patch downloading link?
    edited December 2014
    gokuakash wrote: »
    im really new to this game..so can u plz give me the neverwinter manual patch downloading link?
    There is no manual patch. All patches are done and must be done through the launcher.
  • gokuakashgokuakash Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    if somehow patch progress gets cancelled,do i have to restart the whole thing? Thank for the reply :D
  • aapbokitoaapbokito Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi, I'm new here... And am trying to find the downloader for the game? Which is nowhere to be found... Except for if u create an account... Yet... I already have an account... I'm playing on a mac, planning to download the game and to then try to install it with a special program i've installed to play windows games on ma mac, but erm.. So far no game works ^_^

I wanted to make a new thread here.. But that's impossible for new users... So could anyone please help me finding the download link of this game?... I'd really love to play it! And am searching for some good MMORPG's like this game, Maestia, Mabinogi and the such. But about every game I've tried so far failed... And with this one I can't even find the download!!

IT'd be nice if anyone could help me on this matter... (I'm not gonna install bootcamp, cuz i'd need an entirely new hard-drive to install windows on... I'm hoping for a quick response :)
  • mommageddonmommageddon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    :D New to this game, installing the patch now and reading the forums while I wait.

So this is a pay-to-win game? How bad is it? I have to say I'm not really that excited about a free game that is onerous to play unless you cave in and spend endless amounts of money. I'm currently playing another pay-to-win game -- without paying. This other game itself is fun but it's sucking tremendously to see lots of paying folk pass me by, and rapidly. I continually feel like the poor kid on the block who has to watch her neighbors on Christmas morning playing with all their shiny new toys in the court while I sit and watch. Does that happen here as well, or can the game be played "legit style" just fine? How is the NW Legit Community Channel btw?

I realize that WotC have their bottom line to look after, and no corporation would make a free game out of the kindness of their hearts just for my entertainment. However, it's them calling it a free game. Not me.

I guess my question is, can one really play this NW game with efficacy without spending real money? Your comments on this issue are much appreciated and I will see you all in-game!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    :D New to this game, installing the patch now and reading the forums while I wait.

So this is a pay-to-win game? How bad is it? I have to say I'm not really that excited about a free game that is onerous to play unless you cave in and spend endless amounts of money. I'm currently playing another pay-to-win game -- without paying. This other game itself is fun but it's sucking tremendously to see lots of paying folk pass me by, and rapidly. I continually feel like the poor kid on the block who has to watch her neighbors on Christmas morning playing with all their shiny new toys in the court while I sit and watch. Does that happen here as well, or can the game be played "legit style" just fine? How is the NW Legit Community Channel btw?

I realize that WotC have their bottom line to look after, and no corporation would make a free game out of the kindness of their hearts just for my entertainment. However, it's them calling it a free game. Not me.

I guess my question is, can one really play this NW game with efficacy without spending real money? Your comments on this issue are much appreciated and I will see you all in-game!
    PvE has no problems with not paying. PvP well you'll be up against people in BiS when you get started and without paying BiS to compete with them will take a long time.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If you are mostly interested in PVE, this game can be 100% free with a bit of time invested.

If you are mostly interested in BIS and or/ PVP, this game can be 100% free but with ALOT of time invested.

Either situation though, you can pay to advance quicker.

The Legit community is a good group of people, mostly they are helpful.

Also
    This other game itself is fun but it's sucking tremendously to see lots of paying folk pass me by, and rapidly. I continually feel like the poor kid on the block who has to watch her neighbors on Christmas morning playing with all their shiny new toys in the court while I sit and watch. Does that happen here as well,

It will probably happen, happens in like every MMORPG; more about marketing though than actual utility of what you dont have (at least in this game). So just try to ignore that part of the game.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • espenodgeespenodge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was wondering if there will ever be more classes available to play as?
    Specifically the Druid class, which I was disappointing when I found out I couldn't play as one :/
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    espenodge wrote: »
    I was wondering if there will ever be more classes available to play as?
    Specifically the Druid class, which I was disappointing when I found out I couldn't play as one :/

Speculation is high that the next class most likely will be druid. Devs have hinted that info on the next module, and new class, might be available some time in January.