test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to Neverwinter? Check this out!

Comments

• gramas#9782 gramas Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi there. I'm new in this game, so I wanna ask u something.
    What class I should choose? I like playing in party's, in other games I was tank all the time, I'm good at it, but here, I have readed that tanks are useless. I dont like mages, so I dont know what I should select, to get party easy.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    An Oathbound Paladin tank is far from useless, i can see people looking for one every night in the zone chat in PE for dungeons/skirmishes runs. So there is your answer, try OP and see if this is the right tank for you.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • killakkuma#3871 killakkuma Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm assuming it's not possible- but it's worth clarifying: can I sync my Neverwinter account on Xbox One to PC? :#
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I don't think that is possible... from Xbox to PC, or the other way.
    You probably have to start a new account.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • brandijobrandijo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Total noob here. I created my character and have some health potions but do not have a clue how to use them. I have right ckicked, left clicked, and nothing. They are already out of my inventory and equipped, I'm just not sure how to drink them.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @brandijo I'm guessing you are on PC, as you are posting this on PC forums. Just hit the 3, 4, or 5 button on your keyboard to use the potions once they are slotted. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • fuzz#5682 fuzz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I've been wondering about PWE prepaid cards, and I've been looking all over the place for them in South Australia. There's only Target and EBgames here that Arc Games says to have some and the stores don't seem to have PWE cards in stock! Is there any other way to be able to purchase zen apart from using credit cards? I've been considering to use a visa, so is there a way to ensure that the zen I'm buying from the billing site is valued at Australian dollars? It just shows the zen values in USD!
  • kore#2979 kore Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey guys/gals, i am new to neverwinter and i cant post my own discussion (prevented right away) but im ready to start my first class as either a guardian fighter or oathbound paladin, I guess im just wondering whats in need more, and in the games current state should i pick one over the other. Thanks !
  • You may not log in from this IP address
  • why can't I log in!!!!!!
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    kore#2979 said:

Hey guys/gals, i am new to neverwinter and i cant post my own discussion (prevented right away) but im ready to start my first class as either a guardian fighter or oathbound paladin, I guess im just wondering whats in need more, and in the games current state should i pick one over the other. Thanks !

This might be a bit late but I will recommend OP it is the best class currently. No Epic dungeon is worth doing without a good oathbound paladin
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• dylandeyn#0760 dylandeyn Member Posts: 1 New User
    im having trouble starting the game on my lenovo G50 it patched just fine but wont progress past the load screen
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i still play my GF, it was built for speed, and very nice buff for groups that likes hit and run faster.

GF's speed buff skill is Into the Fray, which is must have for fighting Demogorgon.
  • hal2010hal2010 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok excuse the noob question but it's the first time i play a game that when i move my mouse my camera move also.So is there a hotkey to type something on chat like if i press C my character window shows up of if i press I my bags open. Thank you for the answers.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i used Dark enchantments, it was surprisely fast when i switch few gems around, and put Into the Fray on R key, made groups run so fast, really surprised alot of them, they like short burst of speed when they need to run to safety shield from madness effect, and quick runs to closing the portals.
    i got fed up being a slow GF, and just recently became fast with rank 9 Darks i added. all it just it took was few experiments to find right balance.
  • sierrebrarcsierrebrarc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Not so much new to Neverwinter, as I'm new to the forum. I don't seem to be able to post new topics yet. Maybe with a few replies I'll gain said ability =)
  • saxjuanmasaxjuanma Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2016
    ALGUIEN ME PUEDE DECIR POR QUE NO VEO A MI AMIGO Y ME DICE QUE NO EXISTE?
  • synsoisynsoi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    pinkworm said:

i'm new to the game , and dont know allot about the gear :D so i got a question ( trickster rogue ) i'm going as much crit as possible is that good for pve , ? and the thing thats interests me the most is for E.G i got lvl 28 daggers with damage 90-111 and crit +157 and than i get lvl 30 daggers with damage 110-125 but with only 50 crit should i stay with my lvl 28 daggers or use lvl 30 ? can anyone help me ?

Always go for the +crit :-)

• curmudgeon62curmudgeon62 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I'm fairly new to this game, was thinking of getting one of the packs just for the mount (hate being stuck running on foot in ANY game) and was looking for recommendations since I can't seem to find a page that lists them and their contents for comparison purposes. And on a related note, is there any DLC that's useful to a low level player? While I'm not allergic to opening my wallet, I'd rather not HAMSTER money away on things I'm going to end up not using.
  • h2oscorpion#8141 h2oscorpion Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello guys , i need some help with neverwinter when i start the game i got stuck on loading screen any1 know what the problem is ? pls this happens to me every time i try to open the game
  • catastrophy#1872 catastrophy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    How long does it take before we are able to post in forum?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator

How long does it take before we are able to post in forum?

You already posted.
    If you mean how long until you can create a new thread: that is an anti-bot measure. Please contact @strumslinger if you are unable to post within a week of first logging into the forums so you should be able to create a thread now.

As for the rest of the unanswered questions, I am sorry I rarely frequent this thread as should be evident. I'll bring it up with the Community Team that we really should patrol this one. If you still have questions please feel free to post on my wall and I'll get back to you. :)
  • lfusionnnnlfusionnnn Member Posts: 6 New User
    The Neverwinter launcher starts patching like normal until it reaches a percentage usually between 70% and 90% where the percentage freezes. It says for example, "Patched 22.5MB / 31 MB" and under that, steadily climbing, " Recieved 193.8MB - 72.2%". This is infuriating because you can see that it is receiving loads but it has stopped patching the game.
    Pls help
  • jezzaofoz#9903 jezzaofoz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Seriously? 3 hours + to patch a game that I only just downloaded. And then I couldnt play because the servers were down. Came back to it this morning all excited and ready to play, but no. It needs to load the same patch that it already loaded last night!! WTF!!
  • jasiala#3389 jasiala Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anyone knows if there is any working combat log parser for NWO? I tried ACT with plugin but it seems outdated and not working.
  • imabigdawg#2707 imabigdawg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Not sure if this is a patch only thread... I'm new to forum.. however , I created an account to ask thsee questions .. I can't post a new topic since I'm new... however , I hope I get some replies .

Hey guys.. I'm a lvl 64 GwF.... I'm just curious about a couple things ... can you only have one artifact able at once? I realize there are 4 spots.. but the first one in the middle is the Only one u can activate during battle???

Also, for a GWF... my stats are high in power and defense ... about 5k power and 3k defense ... critical is about 1.2k.... is that good ? I've just played this game doing my thing... I love it..

Lastly, where do I see my gear score ?? I just can see my armor score which is about 1.5k? Is that good at lvl 64... I've never spent money on it .. lol I'm still rocking my first stock horse haha
  • baelkethsbaelkeths Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I wish I could start a new thread, I've been playing for a week or so. Anyways! I prefer to use a PS4 controller for pc games,and ds4Windows/xinput mapper works for everything else. I can check outside the game that all the keybindings are correct and active, but once I tab into the game only the mouse emulation works. I'm running the emulator as Admin.

The strange part is that xpadder Does work, so why cant I get ds4 going? I want the trackpad for mouse control in dialogue and inventory .

Anyone managed to get ds4 working with neverwinter?
  • baelkethsbaelkeths Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've been doing some research and there are a few mentions about Xinput being hobbled, what's that about and why would xpadder work but xinput not?
  • battleforged#5404 battleforged Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello all New to NeverWinter and love the game so far. Kinda new to forums so thank you for your patience.
  • jorell#4306 jorell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Good day to all!

Just started Neverwinter for the first time this week. Long time MMORPG'er, WoW, EQ2, DCUO, Destiny, etc., etc.,

I like what I've seen so far, very enjoyable. Good class and race selections available from the very start.

Are their any websites/links that are useful for 1st timers? I've seen one or two, but no major stickied posts on basic FAQs, Class Strats, etc.,

Happy Huntin' :)
    Old Enough To Know Better, Young Enough To Not Care!