Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    Actually quite the opposite.

I agree, I'm only playing a TR but, from what I can tell, I'm using pots a fair bit less right now, of course I haven't run into anything that has mobs that spam AOE but looking good so far! :)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TR has been Ninja nerfed!!!

Deflection severity was 75% and on preview it has been reduced to 50%

What's up with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eion311 wrote: »
    Two of my characters are in WoD and I can't get them out :(
    And I take it new character creation is turned off? I can't make a new character and only have 3 on their atm.

Move them to PE on live and re-import.

Preview doesn't let you create a new character if you already have the default slots full, which is a grand total of two. Need to delete your copied characters down to free up a slot. It's a ridiculous limitation but there it is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Allow me to stress this again: The decision to turn off the other zones is NOT permanent. It is merely to put the focus on the new adventure zone. This ONLY affects the Preview server.

To quote the patch notes:

There is a big problem with it. My main goal tonight was to test out how the new regen and ls effects felt. To get an accurate picture we need to run content we are familar with. Because we can't do that, we can't really feel out how this has effected our characters. I would strongly urge the powers that be to turn those things on asap so that we can start to get a feel for this. Other wise we might find that new players to the game are going to struggle as they get to old level 60 content.

Anyways, my first thought is that lifesteal feels just as strong as before but with a strong rng component to it that honestly leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    That might end up being more of a detriment than a help. Just something to consider. People are naturally going to want to explore the new content but it also creates troublesome issues.

I also use familiar content as a quick way to gauge how character changes feel. Something like Need for Mead or Phantasmal Fortress is where I set my performance benchmarks. But I can live with getting a feel for the new stuff first.

General notes just from reading the notes:
    If logging off is going to take longer in anywhere that isn't PE, this is going to be an annoyance for people trying to just quickly blow through a series of invokes and professions if they sometimes park elsewhere while mid-adventure. Definitely make Caer Konig instantaneous please.
    If you're adding even more profession resources, we need another profession bag expansion. If you're adding even more refining stones that we can find in our travels, it's time to allow us to equip more bags, even if we have to buy them. Inventory management is increasingly horrific with the sheer number of enchant types and refinement items, only some of them bound, possibly carrying multiple gear sets, extra consumables, etc., etc.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    alienmafiaalienmafia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can we please get the option to Race Re-roll our characters on preview shard?
  • Options
    zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Server crashed I think...

From what I got to play, the changes to lifesteal and regen REALLY hurt solo questers. What happened to quests being perfectly doable by a single player and their companion?
    alienmafia wrote: »
    Can we please get the option to Race Re-roll our characters on preview shard?

How about also let us chose what level our characters are. And give us special vendors that give appropriate gear out for free/copper. And infinite AD. Kinda hard to "test" stuff when you have to grind before you can do anything... You shouldn't be forced to level and gear up classes in the main server just to be able to properly test stuff in the test realm.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zogara wrote: »

From what I got to play, the changes to lifesteal and regen REALLY hurt solo questers. What happened to quests being perfectly doable by a single player and their companion?

Server went down, we had a notice..

Your Health Steal gives 66077 (49911) Hit Points to you.

this was from lifesteal... it is not going to happen 100% per monster, but when it does... holy cow..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Which quests were you doing? And with what class? My testing with an SW thru some of the new quests was that nothing still had a chance to really hurt me what so ever. (Except one bad streak where I didn't get procs and was using WB repeatedly)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    regeneration now ticks the same number until you are fully healed.(only when not in combat - stealth does not end combat mode for those of you who think it does)
    1535 1535 1535.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's still stupidly overnerfing things just to make healers more valuable in dungeons... There are much, MUCH better ways of making healers more desirable.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It's still stupidly overnerfing things just to make healers more valuable in dungeons... There are much, MUCH better ways of making healers more desirable.

I disagree that it's an overnerf, while I haven't completely tested to my hearts desire as I couldn't run elol or something like that, overall our self-healing was far too high. In most cases there was no need to ever drink a potion as you could be immortal with enough lifesteal. Hopefully this brings us down a few notches. Depending on how other things go it may need to be adjusted down even farther as 100% severity is really high and allows for crazy big heals when it does proc.
  • Options
    kosmos1988kosmos1988 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got a question, since i got 36+ rank 10's. Will it requier me to make 108+ more rank 10's to be able to upgrade my current rank 10's to 12 if you know what i mean :P
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am interested to see higher level zones. So far as a combat HR, any damage I take is a scratch and barely hurts. I'm at 14% lifesteal without any feats proccing. I did not notice any big difference with my lifesteal since everything dies by looking at it. I have not tried any of the HE's. I have a feeling that it will be much more noticeable once we get past level 60-61.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    (I just want to state that I repeatedly called it that a level cap increase would include a cap increase for artifacts and artifact equipment, rather than people being expected to replace them entirely.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited January 2015
    • Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.

I didn't have time to see, but does this mean that all my green ioun stones that I never paid to upgrade are going to have their final ring slot available?

If so, procrastination wins again!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think th LS/regen changes are appropriate.
    GMC has explained about the new DR curves which is good, aka choose the stat you want.

We will need an enchant that has regen for this stat should someone wish to max this.
    Dark's do LS, no enchants do regen at the moment

gr8 work Dev's, i think if you can get things 80% WAI with all these changes the game has a new life.

BTW, the last 20% is really up to us, the community, no way they can do all this on their own.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    [/LIST]

I didn't have time to see, but does this mean that all my green ioun stones that I never paid to upgrade are going to have their final ring slot available?

If so, procrastination wins again!

Someone tested the ioun stone of radiance before the server went down and said it was unlocked to rank 25 for free. Not sure if it's intentional or not. Otherwise it's an excellent deal..
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So, kill my survivability tool in PvE? Care to compensate lack of dodges for my SW? Kind of feel bad for PvE GWFs too, they will probably need DR increase for unstoppable
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    About changes to LS/regen in a nutshell:

Regen got a drasticall nerf.As GMC mentioned "before it could do away small streams of damage" AKA dots.Now it cannot.
    Who has DoTs?GFs?GWFs?All classes except these two.
    In compensation ,now regen increases all incoming healing including your own.So if my take mesure was healing me for 1500 hp,now it will heal me for 1650.That is the mechanic that will keep me alive.Lol

Now let's go to LS.
    Previous Dps classes would take a bout 10% -15% of their hp in every strike.
    Now they have a chance to take 100% of their strikes.Considering that they hit so fast it is quaranteed that in every 1-2 minutes will get HUGE amounts of Hp that they will heal them 100%.
    Now DPs classes are immortal.Imagine if one one AoE CW spell procs LS.
    The definition of a glass cannon.

Bottomline:
    Regen was nerfed for the sake of Paladin.GF was thrown into the garbage can in order to make Paladin viable.
    Gf cannot survive in Mod6 content with out dc healing.Paladin can.
    That is why in essense for the harder content ,survivability of DPS classes was increased,through LS buff,while GFs survivability was nerfed to the ground.For the sake of Paladin....Bye bye GFs....time to withdrew and make spce for Pally...
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Regen got a drasticall nerf.As GMC mentioned "before it could do away small streams of damage" AKA dots.Now it cannot.
    In compensation ,now regen increases all incoming healing including your own.So if my take mesure was healing me for 1500 hp,now it will heal me for 1650.That is the mechanic that will keep me alive.Lol

Now let's go to LS.
    Now they have a chance to take 100% of their strikes.Considering that they hit so fast it is quaranteed that in every 1-2 minutes will get HUGE amounts of Hp that they will heal them 100%.

Bottomline:
    Regen was nerfed for the sake of Paladin.GF was thrown into the garbage can in order to make Paladin viable.
    That is why in essense for the harder content ,survivability of DPS classes was increased,through LS buff,while GFs survivability was nerfed to the ground.For the sake of Paladin....Bye bye GFs....time to withdrew and make spce for Pally...

gf has a new feat that will do dot damage...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I cannot log into the server, I can start the preview but it says server not available before character select.

Can anyone confirm that the ONLY change to RP is that new RP items are available for higher level gear and that Enchants and Artifacts got a level increase?

I thought I read that Refining was being changed and so far it sounds like the change is level increase and apparently some bigger RP value items added??

Why can't we get something sensible such as reworking artifacts so that they are all consistent with level ... make all artifacts be tied to level ... so if max level is 60 then artifact level is 60, if cap increases the artifacts cap increase. This way you have a nice simple package of telling your power level by your artifact level. Instead of having some stuff refine to level 120 while artifact gear refines to 70.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I cannot log into the server, I can start the preview but it says server not available before character select.
    [h=3]Sticky: NeverwinterPreview Investigation 1/23[/h]
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Now let's go to LS.

Bottomline:

I hope that isn't totally true, i've been playing my GF again after focusing on SW and other classes and just got to where I like him ... if he is thrown in the trash it will make me feel like I wasted a bunch of time energy and AD getting him up to snuff/par with my main character.

I would kinda look forward to the paladin ... but from what you have said it makes it sound like the company is intentionally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over classes or players just to make everyone start over and roll up paladins??? Kind of a lame mechanic to get people back into the game or start from level 1.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Well bummer on 2 counts, first - I was looking forward to seeing what this new mod is all about like everyone else. second - I was in the midst of trying to figure out what to repec my toons into now that i've been playing them awhile. I'm a sad panda now that I can' t continue my experimentation.
This discussion has been closed.