What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What's the over/under on legendary crafting resources?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    I dont think the 6th is gonna kill us plus there is still a bit of testing to go.

Kill us? Nah. Players don't get killed literally. They just move on to other games.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »

Heck if it means you can finally get a 100% chance of a tier 3 result. I wont complain too loudly. I mean, ill grumble for sure, just quietly.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Regeneration: No longer provides in Combat Health Regeneration. Now increases the effectiveness of healing spells cast against you and provides out of Combat health regeneration."
    cannot understand....so now all regen bonus is applied only out of combat?

That means that dot able classes will be able to completely annihilate tanks even more easily than now.
    That is a direct nerf to tanks.Who suffer the most in this meta.

I have yet to see and test the changes.But i think that GF and GWf survivability was not the main problem of NW.The devs seem to think that the cornerstoen of NW problems is that tanks live too much...... :(
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Regeneration: No longer provides in Combat Health Regeneration. Now increases the effectiveness of healing spells cast against you and provides out of Combat health regeneration."
    cannot understand....so now all regen bonus is applied only out of combat?

That means that dot able classes will be able to completely annihilate tanks even more easily than now.
    That is a direct nerf to tanks.Who suffer the most in this meta.

I have yet to see and test the changes.But i think that GF and GWf survivability was not the main problem of NW.The devs seem to think that the cornerstoen of NW problems is that tanks live too much...... :(

If they provide the full regen ticks at all % of HP I think this CAN be a good change.

What they need to do now is give EVERY player a BASE tenacity of like 40% DR (10% Crit and CC are still fine) That way players can get up to like 60% LESS damage from other players (up from about 30%).

THEN we will see things approximately where they should be. But without regen, thats ALOT of EHP we just lost.
  • Options
    ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd hate it if RP prices remain the same, which is unlikely to happen with the level increase and the new refining stones. Current mobs drop rank 4 enchantments and dragon hoard enchantments provide black opal as best stone possible. At level 70 I hope they make rank 5-7 a normal drop from enemies.
    DC Divine Oracle Faithful
    HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
    GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
    CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
    TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
    SW Soulbinder Fury
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »

I wouldn't be betting large sums against.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    If they provide the full regen ticks at all % of HP I think this CAN be a good change.

What they need to do now is give EVERY player a BASE tenacity of like 40% DR (10% Crit and CC are still fine) That way players can get up to like 60% LESS damage from other players (up from about 30%).

THEN we will see things approximately where they should be. But without regen, thats ALOT of EHP we just lost.

^^^
    Sadly Ayroux the notes mention nothing of counting the full HP bar ,instead of 1/2 we have now.
    My knowledge is that regen will now only work in its current form out of combat.And maybe regen will oppose lifesteal? (healing spells cast against you).crazy assumption.My client still patching i just guess.

But if that's the case as i said ,logic says that the tanky regen classes will suffer the most.While dps and especially dot able classes will see their effective damage against tanks to improve by 11-15%.As is the current regen ticks plus the ToD boon.
    These are bad news for my Gf and good for the DC/HR/TR dot builds :(
    In any case..it is still too early.We will see how this will going out :)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    People going on about stat changes may want to review the feedback thread Panderus just posted.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Personally, I can't even begin to imagine how glacially 5 more levels of leadership will go.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Turn on the server! I'm patched and ready to go :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder if the new feats/features and any changes to current powers will help GWF's and GF's make up for the change to regen. So let's wait for that before we start freaking out about the death of tank builds. Especially with their history of overcompensation to make classes suddenly OP, it could swing the other way.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder if the various companions that come with packs will be upgraded to be able to reach level 40.

This change will also make those blue-quality companions a lot more attractive as well - I just hope they don't push up the epic power on companions to level 35.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    So are the companions able to reach legendary status by gaining levels from your EXP?
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wonder if the various companions that come with packs will be upgraded to be able to reach level 40.

This change will also make those blue-quality companions a lot more attractive as well - I just hope they don't push up the epic power on companions to level 35.

Upgradeable at full cost for each and every one of your characters, I would expect, given that none of them are legendary companions. I'd be nothing short of floored in amazement if they actually did this.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Disgusted they increased the max rank of enchants, artifacts etc. Really, Cryptic? Really?!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Enemies more than 2 levels above you will result in a sharp increase in difficulty. (Down from 5 Levels).

So tier 1 dungeons will be the same difficulty as tier 2 used to be, while we'd need to get to lvl 63 for tier 2 to have it the same? For a mod introducing new high end stuff, I wonder if this'll mean more new people/characters doing the T1 dungeons.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    I wonder if the new feats/features and any changes to current powers will help GWF's and GF's make up for the change to regen. So let's wait for that before we start freaking out about the death of tank builds. Especially with their history of overcompensation to make classes suddenly OP, it could swing the other way.

yeah i hope gwf and gf tank paths will get some new feats
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    So tier 1 dungeons will be the same difficulty as tier 2 used to be, while we'd need to get to lvl 63 for tier 2 to have it the same? For a mod introducing new high end stuff, I wonder if this'll mean more new people/characters doing the T1 dungeons.

It bears mentioning that we are adjusting dungeons to use different levelling schemes at the high level, as well as reworking some dungeons to be our new tier of dungeons.

For now we will have T1 dungeons with level 70 creatures and T2 dungeons with 71 creatures, although these things are still in development and are not currently ready.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    New Features

[*]Artifacts may be refined up to rank 120.

Artifact Weapons/Belts/Neck/off as well? or Only "Artifacts"
    [*][*]All characters should receive a forced respec to accommodate feat tree and power changes.

What Level of Respec is this? For these mega Changes to (change below) we need Paragon respec too..
    [*][*]Regeneration: No longer provides in Combat Health Regeneration. Now increases the effectiveness of healing spells cast against you and provides out of Combat health regeneration.
    [*][*]Life Steal: No longer activates on all attacks. Life Steal now increases the chance to activate life steal, which will steal an amount equal to the life steal severity the player has.

You Litterally murdered my SW with this.. What little I had going for me in PvP was just taken away, all my work obtaining and Leveling my Artifacts with Incomign Heal bonus, Now Wasted?? You made me waste SOOOO MUCH Time leveling and raising my Lifesteal and Regen, and my Defenders Artifact for Incoming Heal Bonus.. Are you kidding me?? All of that is useless now..

You guys better fix this.. you ruined this.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It bears mentioning that we are adjusting dungeons to use different levelling schemes at the high level, as well as reworking some dungeons to be our new tier of dungeons.

For now we will have T1 dungeons with level 70 creatures and T2 dungeons with 71 creatures, although these things are still in development and are not currently ready.

So what dungeons are fresh level 60's going to be expected to run? Maybe a better option would be to offer epic and legendary versions of the dungeons...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    So what dungeons are fresh level 60's going to be expected to run? Maybe a better option would be to offer epic and legendary versions of the dungeons...

think lvl 70 will be new lvl 60 so think we should be geting in dungeons on lvl 70 now
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    OMG we are all gonna die they are changing everything!!!! everything is broken!!

JK its gonna be ok guys we have lived through 5 mods so far I dont think the 6th is gonna kill us plus there is still a bit of testing to go.

this is coming from a lifesteal dependant GWF so lets put down the torches and pitchforks.

I agree. Let's actually test the changes, and help Cryptic refine the changes. That's what this is all about. People are acting like this is going to Live tomorrow.

Relax. Test. Give Feedback. Iterate. That's how this works. If you go back and read the first round of patch notes for every other Module, you'll see the exact same posts about how the game is ruined, it's failed and everyone's going to leave. Then it gets tested, adjusted and here we are.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kingconnerkingconner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sorry if this has already been posted already... but will the xp we have gained from xp overflow count towards lvling up?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kingconner wrote: »
    sorry if this has already been posted already... but will the xp we have gained from xp overflow count towards lvling up?

dont think so
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Regeneration: No longer provides in Combat Health Regeneration. Now increases the effectiveness of healing spells cast against you and provides out of Combat health regeneration.

This is going to make Trickster rogues even more overpowered, since they are the only class that can leave combat, AT WILL. Are you aware of it? Or are you going to change the stealth mechanics so TR's cannot abuse the nerfs, unlike all other classes?

• Options
    zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can you please drastically lower the AD cost of upgrading companion quality? They're already insane as they are now, but I'd hate to see how much the Epic to Legendary upgrade is...

There's already a massive gap between the elite and the average players. Keeping the costs as they are now will only widen that gap, as only the elite will be able to even afford to upgrade their companions.
  • Options
    animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    This is going to make Trickster rogues even more overpowered, since they are the only class that can leave combat, AT WILL. Are you aware of it? Or are you going to change the stealth mechanics so TR's cannot abuse the nerfs, unlike all other classes?

regardless, an SW will now have No chance to survive fighting a TR without being able to heal..
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    regardless, an SW will now have No chance to survive fighting a TR without being able to heal..

Unless perhaps SW's as being based around ls get an increase in ls severity the way that TR's get increased deflection severity. There's a lot of testing that needs to be done. Just wish I had finished downloading so that I could start. The patch seems huge.

edit*
    meh patch isn't that huge just my ds sucks tonight apparently.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    Artifact Weapons/Belts/Neck/off as well? or Only "Artifacts"

What Level of Respec is this? For these mega Changes to (change below) we need Paragon respec too..

You Litterally murdered my SW with this.. What little I had going for me in PvP was just taken away, all my work obtaining and Leveling my Artifacts with Incomign Heal bonus, Now Wasted?? You made me waste SOOOO MUCH Time leveling and raising my Lifesteal and Regen, and my Defenders Artifact for Incoming Heal Bonus.. Are you kidding me?? All of that is useless now..

You guys better fix this.. you ruined this.

I've got the same for my SW, but like I said before we should see what the new feats and class features are before assuming the life steal and regen changes will doom certain classes and builds.
This discussion has been closed.