test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• coldlyforgottencoldlyforgotten Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On the first page it says in the Known issues section "The Campaign Zones (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, & WoD) & Queues have been turned off to focus attention on the new Drowned Shore content & level cap increase."

Does that mean we will no longer be able to access those campaigns? Will we still get to keep our boons, Will there be a way of geting those boons on new characters without having to spend zen?

Or does that simply mean there are going to be some issues with Those zone queues?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    On the first page it says in the Known issues section "The Campaign Zones (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, & WoD) & Queues have been turned off to focus attention on the new Drowned Shore content & level cap increase."

Does that mean we will no longer be able to access those campaigns? Will we still get to keep our boons, Will there be a way of geting those boons on new characters without having to spend zen?

Or does that simply mean there are going to be some issues with Those zone queues?

I don't see this as a permanent change, but rather, to keep the focus on the new zone in Preview. I don't think such a change would go live.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would guess it will just temporary on the test server, so they will get people to test the new zone instead of doing the other campaigns.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No. It means they're turning those zones off on preview so people focus on testing the new stuff ;)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • miomans0miomans0 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see devs trying to make content harder by nerfing everyone which is ok if they make the content a bit more rewarding.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rank 12??????
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's funny because the Life Steal nerf will, once again, affect CWs the least, thanks to their AoE powers.
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any ETA on when the test server will be up?
  • ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As ppl pointed out, all is nice and well, just pls do something about the refinement!!!
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ethandw wrote: »
    As ppl pointed out, all is nice and well, just pls do something about the refinement!!!

If the most recent expansion to Star Trek Online is anything to go by as far as this design philosophy goes, I wouldn't count on it.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Question, are the pets we got with the Neverwinter packs going to be boosted to ledgendary quality? I put a lot of money into those and would like to know if they are going to change?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Question, are the pets we got with the Neverwinter packs going to be boosted to ledgendary quality? I put a lot of money into those and would like to know if they are going to change?

All we know for certain is that all companions will get a free 5-level increase to their cap. Now, whether the ones that are part of the various packs will be bumped up beyond that has yet to be stated...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited January 2015
    The Hamsters are awake! Server is up! no pally yet though, :(!
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I keep getting disconnected within 2 secs .
    My toon is at the well of dragons in case that is an issue

using an older toon which is in PE and not being kicked ....

Ok , moved toon to PE , then re-copied to preview . Now looks ok , so far
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just got home, saw people chatting about the preview server.. came here.. *excited dance* checking out preview first instead of playing live lol.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Getting server not responding partway through the character load until it eventually times me out back to the login screen. Guessing you guys already know that, but typing this gives me something to do while it sits there...
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Make sure your preview character isn't in a campaign zone when you try to load it up. Went in with one that was in WoD and it disconnected me.

So now I have to go back on live server to take it to PE, then re-copy it to preview.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    For the most part, these changes sound great. Here are the parts that I other opinions about:
    panderus wrote: »
    New Features
    Level Cap increased to 70!
    • Enchantments and Runestones may now be refined up to rank 12!
    • Artifacts may be refined up to rank 120.
    • New items, potions, refinement stones and profession resources to accommodate for the new level cap!
    Please overhaul the mechanics for refining items. Allow us to drop entire stacks of 99 into one slot. The repetitiveness is what is killing the refinement system for me. Please make sure to also increase the drop rate for new and old refinement stones and enchants.

• Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.
    Please do not make it so we have to pay to upgrade our companions that were naturally maxed at R30 already. Make all companions that once were maxed at R30 be defaulted to max at R40. I'd also suggest to bump up all lesser companions by 10 ranks. R15 to R25, R20 to R30, R25 to R35, R30 to R40.

Patch Notes
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • All characters should receive a forced respec to accommodate feat tree and power changes.
    Please make sure these also include Stats gained while leveling.

Items and Economy
    • Mulhorand, Dragonbone, Xvim and the Bahamut Fang equipment stops levelscaling at level 60.
    I strongly disagree with this. I am highly disappointed to hear this. Make them scale to level 70 please, just make them not be as good as Delve-acquired level 70 equipment, just as they weren't as good before at level 60.

User Interface
    • Average Item Level displayed on your character sheet in place of Gearscore will be used to gate character’s from entering some Dungeons and Zones in the same way that Gearscore did. We are still in the process of finalizing exactly what will go into this number and it will be a sum of the item levels of your equipment, enchantments and artifacts.
    • Gearscore has been replaced with "Average Item Level".
    Please make sure this statistic is only viewable by the Player and not public inspect data, else it will continue to serve as a griefing point.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My character's in Ebon Downs, probably in the dragon area though, so maybe that's it.

update: Can't delete the character I can't log in with, get the message "Delete Failed"...Also it looks like the character copy tool only shows up to 8 characters from the character list. I realize this is only a temporary situation, but both those things could use a fix.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I strongly disagree with this. I am highly disappointed to hear this. Make them scale to level 70 please, just make them not be as good as Delve-acquired level 70 equipment, just as they weren't as good before at level 60.

I think this is turned off for now, because it will make leveling too "easy" or "quick". They want people to take a decent amount of time to reach the new level cap. When the new level cap has been around for a while, they may turn it on to help alts and new people to the game.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I think this is turned off for now, because it will make leveling too "easy" or "quick". They want people to take a decent amount of time to reach the new level cap. When the new level cap has been around for a while, they may turn it on to help alts and new people to the game.

Or they'll make new ones for the lockboxes / mod 7 or whatever number HE's. New ones for leveling I see happening, it's what most mmo's that have done this have done in my experience.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Please make sure this statistic is only viewable by the Player and not public inspect data, else it will continue to serve as a griefing point.

Be wary of this, without a way to inspect, pugs start dropping off faster and it becomes guild and channel only runs. I've seen it happen and imo the private only option is actually worse.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm curious if the current greater med kits will go from level 60-69, and you'll only need the highest tier ones at 70. I also wonder if they'll give us another few level-up boxes, like in the 1-60 game.

Given the time it takes to level from 1-60, I wonder what the intended time frame to reach 70 will be - and will the current campaigns be the sole source of quests to get there, or will the new module contain an entire 60-70 arc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jarannajaranna Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    One thing isn't mentioned. If IWD is going to be turned off, how will folks with 5 or 6 pieces of Empowered Black Ice gear get the black Ice to keep their equipment charged?? If you turn off IWD, it's not that you just can't play it any more, it's that the BI gear we worked SO hard to get will get weaker and weaker. We need a way to keep our Gear supplied. Completely unfair to turn off the source of that power.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jaranna wrote: »
    One thing isn't mentioned. If IWD is going to be turned off, how will folks with 5 or 6 pieces of Empowered Black Ice gear get the black Ice to keep their equipment charged?? If you turn off IWD, it's not that you just can't play it any more, it's that the BI gear we worked SO hard to get will get weaker and weaker. We need a way to keep our Gear supplied. Completely unfair to turn off the source of that power.

Allow me to stress this again: The decision to turn off the other zones is NOT permanent. It is merely to put the focus on the new adventure zone. This ONLY affects the Preview server.

To quote the patch notes:
    The Campaign Zones (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, & WoD) & Queues have been turned off to focus attention on the new Drowned Shore content & level cap increase.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Two of my characters are in WoD and I can't get them out :(
    And I take it new character creation is turned off? I can't make a new character and only have 3 on their atm.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A-ha. Perhaps that explains why I keep getting disconnected the second I appear in WoD.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited January 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    Actually quite the opposite.

I agree, I'm only playing a TR but, from what I can tell, I'm using pots a fair bit less right now, of course I haven't run into anything that has mobs that spam AOE but looking good so far! :)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TR has been Ninja nerfed!!!

Deflection severity was 75% and on preview it has been reduced to 50%

What's up with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    eion311 wrote: »
    Two of my characters are in WoD and I can't get them out :(
    And I take it new character creation is turned off? I can't make a new character and only have 3 on their atm.

Move them to PE on live and re-import.

Preview doesn't let you create a new character if you already have the default slots full, which is a grand total of two. Need to delete your copied characters down to free up a slot. It's a ridiculous limitation but there it is.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.